Grievances with the spouse

1235»

Comments

• kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    My wife recently went on a business trip. She did not do any advanced cooking, so I was stuck making my own meals while she was gone. She failed to put the clean dishes away before she left. I also very nearly ran out of socks before she got back, because she didn't do all the laundry. The laundry she did do before leaving wasn't even put away.

And then, when she returned home following a 3.5-hour flight with a 2.5-hour layover and a 2-hour drive in rainy weather from the airport, she had the nerve to ask me if dinner was ready.

My response: "Yeah, it's ready for you to cook it!"
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    =)) glad to hear that all is well.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    kw18 said:

My wife recently went on a business trip. She did not do any advanced cooking, so I was stuck making my own meals while she was gone. She failed to put the clean dishes away before she left. I also very nearly ran out of socks before she got back, because she didn't do all the laundry. The laundry she did do before leaving wasn't even put away.

And then, when she returned home following a 3.5-hour flight with a 2.5-hour layover and a 2-hour drive in rainy weather from the airport, she had the nerve to ask me if dinner was ready.

But honey, I did send you a really nice selfie from the beach ;)
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,662

kw18 said:

This thread is useless without...
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:

kw18 said:

Sorry...that selfie is a strictly a "KW-only" pic...
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217

Poncier said:

kw18 said:

Sorry...that selfie is a strictly a "KW-only" pic...
    Jeesh KW, its as if she doesnt want you to have ANY friends! ;)

Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    the socks you speak of remind me of something. do you have socks w/ holes in them or does she throw 'em out?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    The selfie was barely PG-13. Such a disappointment, especially considering all the selfies I send her that are at least R rated.

And she refuses to darn my socks. Unbelievable.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,633
    iluvcats said:

I'm wondering how long a few couples in this thread would stay married. That's a good question.

imalive said:

are the lovebirds still married? /:)

Ten years (and going for a record this time- third time truly is a charm). I'm one lucky dude.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

kw18 said:

The selfie was barely PG-13. Such a disappointment, especially considering all the selfies I send her that are at least R rated.

But honey...there were children on the beach...I had to be careful not to get arrested ;)

No sewing or ironing for me...but I'm decent at baking, cooking, and a few other things...
    ;)

Oh...and it's been exactly 5 months today of pure bliss... :D
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,662
    kw18 said:

Darn it!
    This weekend we rock Portland