Grievances with the spouse

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    And Afro, what is up with no bacon?? :-?? Poor kw, how you must suffer!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    It was such a lovely gesture to buy that step stool..
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    PJ_Soul said:

:)) It's funny that everyone's concerned about the lack of bacon...honestly, although I consider myself a decent cook and baker, I'm not confident in my bacon skills...maybe I need to use another pan? Maybe the heat is too high? Maybe I need to try to put it in the oven? Anyway...there's not a total lack of bacon..kw was craving meatloaf alittle while ago, so I made a meatloaf WRAPPED in bacon...
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909

PJ_Soul said:

:)) It's funny that everyone's concerned about the lack of bacon...honestly, although I consider myself a decent cook and baker, I'm not confident in my bacon skills...maybe I need to use another pan? Maybe the heat is too high? Maybe I need to try to put it in the oven? Anyway...there's not a total lack of bacon..kw was craving meatloaf alittle while ago, so I made a meatloaf WRAPPED in bacon...
    ... but it wasn't for breakfast. See what I'm dealing with here, people?!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    Annafalk said:

It was such a lovely gesture to buy that step stool..

I know, right?! And some people seem to think I'm the bad guy. :-O
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352

This is a joke.

There's no way it's real, unless this guy has never lived with another human being except family. My advice if it is possibly real: perhaps you should go live with your mother if you want to be served constantly.

Glad to hear you're having so much fun, guys! image

Pfft...thats all crazy talk. Next thing you'll tell us she loves Pearl Jam and rock shows. And Beer. If she loves beer, its all over.

My wife does love beer and going to rock shows and has been a PJ member since the early-90s. Except before we met, she let her 5-digit membership number expire. So instead of receiving an upgrade from my wife, my wife now has a higher member number than me. Travesty!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    After coming home last night from work, I was reminded of something. My wife always opens the door to let me and gives me a hug and a kiss after a long, hard day at work. But she hardly ever also hands me a cold beer when I walk in.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    kw18 said:

Oh, sure blame it on the beer store being out of stock of Murphy's. What, you couldn't go to ANOTHER beer store to check for my Murphy's? Geez ...

it's a no-brainer....total laziness....my woman knows not to try that lame "they were out" excuse on me

:))
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,106
    Mine complains when I buy her PJ shirts that don't have a deep V-neck - the nerve! (on that note: PJ's goods section needs more women's clothing so all this bitching can end at my place.)
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    kw18 said:

I'm relatively new at the whole marriage thing, and I love my wife dearly. But there are a few things that have really started to irk me.

- Without being asked, she washes, dries and folds my laundry, and brings it upstairs to the bedroom. But she doesn't put the clean laundry away.

- Over the holidays, she made five different batches of cookies. But she didn't make my favorite kind.

- Before she leaves for work at 6:30 a.m., she always takes time to kiss me and tell me how much she loves me. But doing so wakes me up from my sleep, every time.

- She doesn't always instantly know where I have misplaced my cell phone or glasses, meaning I have to wait for the item while she tries to find where it may be.

- We both love books, and are voracious readers. Sometimes she'll have upward of four or five books out that she intends to read! But rather than reading all of them promptly, the books sit on the coffee table, her desk or her nightstand when instead they should be properly filed away in our bookcases, like all books not currently being read.

- On the weekends, she brings me breakfast in bed, consisting of all sorts of goodies -- pancakes, donuts, etc. But not once has she brought me bacon.

- After placing dirty dishes in the dishwasher, running the dishwasher, and emptying the dishwasher, she'll leave some dishes or glasses out for me to put away because they are stored in higher shelves she can't reach on her own. But that's why I bought her a step stool.

50% of marriages end in divorce. my advice? end it now before you have kids. staying with this woman will just make you miserable.
    www.myspace.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    WTF Juggler?!? :))
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    i assumed he came here looking for real advice.
    www.myspace.com
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    This poor fellow. Someone get him a cup of tea and lie down.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!

Sometimes a guy needs to vent.

Unlike my wife, who, like, never gets angry or raises her voice. It's so frustrating.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • lazlobluelazloblue Posts: 738
    You guys are just silly - And I love it!! :)>-
    So good to see you are enjoying the married life.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
    kw18 said:

Unlike my wife, who, like, never gets angry or raises her voice. It's so frustrating.

dude. you have to leave her. like, today.
    www.myspace.com

kw18 said:

But we love each other, and say so every night before we go to bed. It's quite sweet. Until the wife starts crossing over to my side of the bed to cuddle. That's my side; she needs to stay on her side.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • kw18 said:

kw18 said:

But we love each other, and say so every night before we go to bed. It's quite sweet. Until the wife starts crossing over to my side of the bed to cuddle. That's my side; she needs to stay on her side.
    The sneaky, past half-way cuddle needs to be swiftly dealt with. Trust me. Hold your ground buddy.
    I've managed to slowly get past the equator without her noticing. its 60/40 in my favor these days. Make your move now, or you'll be sleeping with one leg off the bed, beggin for bacon as an old geyser.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    lazloblue said:

You guys are just silly - And I love it!! :)>-
    So good to see you are enjoying the married life.

Thanks! :D

kw18 said:

kw18 said:

The sneaky, past half-way cuddle needs to be swiftly dealt with. Trust me. Hold your ground buddy.
    I've managed to slowly get past the equator without her noticing. its 60/40 in my favor these days. Make your move now, or you'll be sleeping with one leg off the bed, beggin for bacon as an old geyser.

Our equator usually has a 19 lb. black kitty occupying it...

kw18 said:

kw18 said:

Our equator usually has a 19 lb. black kitty occupying it...
    I'm convinced the cat is working for the wife. I already sleep on the edge of the bed.

That cat needs to stay on YOUR side, too, afro.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,662
    Don't trust the cat. Who do you think has been eating all your bacon? Cats don't get to 19 lbs on Little Friskies alone.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:

Don't trust the cat. Who do you think has been eating all your bacon? Cats don't get to 19 lbs on Little Friskies alone.

:-O Oh my god! You may be right!

"Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    the OP sounds like he is in a living hell. thoughts and prayers are with you.
    www.myspace.com

the OP sounds like he is in a living hell. thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thank you ... they are appreciated! I'm hopeful she learns the errors of her ways soon enough ...
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • chelsea48chelsea48 Posts: 594
    Hey get a dog and fight back you poor soul. Man up!
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    My first marriage sounds like a picnic compared to this nightmare
    GoiMTvP.gif
    chelsea48 said:

Hey get a dog and fight back you poor soul. Man up!

I've slept in beds with dogs before ... they take up more space than the cats!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    www.myspace.com