Grievances with the spouse

I'm relatively new at the whole marriage thing, and I love my wife dearly. But there are a few things that have really started to irk me.

- Without being asked, she washes, dries and folds my laundry, and brings it upstairs to the bedroom. But she doesn't put the clean laundry away.

- Over the holidays, she made five different batches of cookies. But she didn't make my favorite kind.

- Before she leaves for work at 6:30 a.m., she always takes time to kiss me and tell me how much she loves me. But doing so wakes me up from my sleep, every time.

- She doesn't always instantly know where I have misplaced my cell phone or glasses, meaning I have to wait for the item while she tries to find where it may be.

- We both love books, and are voracious readers. Sometimes she'll have upward of four or five books out that she intends to read! But rather than reading all of them promptly, the books sit on the coffee table, her desk or her nightstand when instead they should be properly filed away in our bookcases, like all books not currently being read.

- On the weekends, she brings me breakfast in bed, consisting of all sorts of goodies -- pancakes, donuts, etc. But not once has she brought me bacon.

- After placing dirty dishes in the dishwasher, running the dishwasher, and emptying the dishwasher, she'll leave some dishes or glasses out for me to put away because they are stored in higher shelves she can't reach on her own. But that's why I bought her a step stool.
"Where's KW?"
"Let's check Idaho."

Comments

• She sounds like an amazing woman. You need to really look at these "problems" and realize she is doing everything right (except maybe the bacon part). Consider yourself lucky.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    :))
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Your wife sounds a lot like my husband.

I share your misery, sir.
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909

She sounds like an amazing woman. You need to really look at these "problems" and realize she is doing everything right (except maybe the bacon part). Consider yourself lucky.

She'd be more amazing if she cleared off ALL the snow from my car, instead of just most of it. :-/
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Honey you forgot this one....

"She bought me these amazing, comfy Batman onesie pajamas, but the cape was the wrong color" :P
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
    hedonist said:

Your wife sounds a lot like my husband.

I share your misery, sir.

Thank you. Hopefully our spouses realize the errors of their ways one day, and get their acts together.

I'm getting tired of having to add extra jalapenos to my serving of the casserole she cooked because she was worried cooking the casserole with the extra jalapenos would make it too spicy for her.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."

"She bought me these amazing, comfy Batman onesie pajamas, but the cape was the wrong color" :P

Oh, GOD. You want to bring THAT up? I was so embarrassed wearing that Batman onesie over to my in-laws for Christmas morning. I mean, the cape was grey! It should be black!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 said:

Oh, GOD. You want to bring THAT up? I was so embarrassed wearing that Batman onesie over to my in-laws for Christmas morning. I mean, the cape was grey! It should be black!
    Good thing that happened after we were already married...otherwise they probably would have pulled me aside and said "how can you marry a man that doesn't even wear the right colored cape!"
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Do I need to be here for this?
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    kw18 said:

#BatmanProblems
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835

Go hide under your bed, son. This will all be over soon.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • you people who are in love make me sick.

in a good way... :D
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    dankind said:

Go hide under your bed, son. This will all be over soon.

HAHA
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    wait till the honeymoon phase is over... :))

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Fix your own damn breakfast. :P
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • kw18 said:

I'm relatively new at the whole marriage thing, and I love my wife dearly. But there are a few things that have really started to irk me.

- Without being asked, she washes, dries and folds my laundry, and brings it upstairs to the bedroom. But she doesn't put the clean laundry away.

- Over the holidays, she made five different batches of cookies. But she didn't make my favorite kind.

- Before she leaves for work at 6:30 a.m., she always takes time to kiss me and tell me how much she loves me. But doing so wakes me up from my sleep, every time.

- She doesn't always instantly know where I have misplaced my cell phone or glasses, meaning I have to wait for the item while she tries to find where it may be.

- We both love books, and are voracious readers. Sometimes she'll have upward of four or five books out that she intends to read! But rather than reading all of them promptly, the books sit on the coffee table, her desk or her nightstand when instead they should be properly filed away in our bookcases, like all books not currently being read.

- On the weekends, she brings me breakfast in bed, consisting of all sorts of goodies -- pancakes, donuts, etc. But not once has she brought me bacon.

- After placing dirty dishes in the dishwasher, running the dishwasher, and emptying the dishwasher, she'll leave some dishes or glasses out for me to put away because they are stored in higher shelves she can't reach on her own. But that's why I bought her a step stool.

Pfft...thats all crazy talk. Next thing you'll tell us she loves Pearl Jam and rock shows. And Beer. If she loves beer, its all over.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Has someone called 911?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632

I would respond with a "that's what she said" but I don't like the new forum
  • LosientoLosiento Posts: 282
    I found this particularly amusing.

kw18 said:

Pfft...thats all crazy talk. Next thing you'll tell us she loves Pearl Jam and rock shows. And Beer. If she loves beer, its all over.
    What you say is true Jonny...I love Pearl Jam, rock shows and beer.
    I try to make sure our fridge is stocked with a variety of yummy beer. Kw particularly likes Irish Stouts...His favorite is Murphy's, but the last couple of times I went on a beer run, the store only had Guinness..so that's what I got instead. I'm not sure how he's been able to put up with me for this long... :P
  • backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    edited January 2014
    This is a joke.

There's no way it's real, unless this guy has never lived with another human being except family. My advice if it is possibly real: perhaps you should go live with your mother if you want to be served constantly.
    Post edited by backseatLover12 on
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    edited January 2014

kw18 said:

I try to make sure our fridge is stocked with a variety of yummy beer. Kw particularly likes Irish Stouts...His favorite is Murphy's, but the last couple of times I went on a beer run, the store only had Guinness..so that's what I got instead. I'm not sure how he's been able to put up with me for this long... :P
    Make sure you don't "spoil" him too much. Sounds like he's whining already.
    :(( :((
    Post edited by guacamolejoe on
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!

Oh, sure blame it on the beer store being out of stock of Murphy's. What, you couldn't go to ANOTHER beer store to check for my Murphy's? Geez ...
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

This is a joke.

There's no way it's real, unless this guy has never lived with another human being except family. My advice if it is possibly real: perhaps you should go live with your mother if you want to be served constantly.

did you see me? i saw you.
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    Maybe she actually made bacon but
    ate it all up herself :(
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    edited January 2014
    ~X(
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    kw18 said:

I After placing dirty dishes in the dishwasher, running the dishwasher, and emptying the dishwasher, she'll leave some dishes or glasses out for me to put away because they are stored in higher shelves she can't reach on her own. But that's why I bought her a step stool.

:))

(bah! hate the new LOL guy)
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775

Has someone called 911?

BD - i am at a tough crossroad here friend. with this new forum layout, i want to hide signatures oh so badly. BUT that means i will no longer see your creepy seth rogan signature. what to do, what to do.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889

This is a joke.

imageimage
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    rival. said:

Has someone called 911?

BD - i am at a tough crossroad here friend. with this new forum layout, i want to hide signatures oh so badly. BUT that means i will no longer see your creepy seth rogan signature. what to do, what to do.
    Yeah, I really miss that signature. :(
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata