Grievances with the spouse

Comments

• PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    here is your advice, make sure you put the toilet seat down when done! then you might get some bacon!

you guys are awesome!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• chelsea48chelsea48 Posts: 594
    kw18 said:

chelsea48 said:

Hey get a dog and fight back you poor soul. Man up!

I've slept in beds with dogs before ... they take up more space than the cats!
    kw18 said:

chelsea48 said:

Hey get a dog and fight back you poor soul. Man up!

I've slept in beds with dogs before ... they take up more space than the cats!

Ahem. your other half is reading this....
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    I bought bacon at the grocery store today...I'm learning. Of course, I'm not saying when I'll cook it. I'm just saying there's bacon in the fridge... :P
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    I here you bud. Just started seeing a new girl. She told me she had the whole PJ catalogue. But there was no Lost Dogs! I mean what the hell man!! :P
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352

I bought bacon at the grocery store today...I'm learning. Of course, I'm not saying when I'll cook it. I'm just saying there's bacon in the fridge... :P

imageimage

• SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    While everyone seems fixated on the bacon situation, I still can not get past the gray cape with the batman pajamas. Unacceptable. :P
    ELITIST FUK
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    Austicman said:

I here you bud. Just started seeing a new girl. She told me she had the whole PJ catalogue. But there was no Lost Dogs! I mean what the hell man!! :P

What?! She probably doesn't even own all the boots, either. Sigh. Women, right?
    SD48277 said:

While everyone seems fixated on the bacon situation, I still can not get past the gray cape with the batman pajamas. Unacceptable. :P

I can't even begin to explain how embarrassing that was.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."

Yet another example of grievances with the spouse.

My wife bought bacon two days ago with promises to cook me some. Still no bacon.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,662
    Yet the cat has had a BLT, scallops wrapped in bacon and a bacon wrapped filet mignon in the past 2 days. Hmmmm.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Wife finally cooked me bacon and eggs for breakfast, and brought it up to me in bed. It was delicious.

But while cooking the bacon, she set off the smoke detector and the noise woke me up. And she forgot toast. Unbelievable.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 said:

Wife finally cooked me bacon and eggs for breakfast, and brought it up to me in bed. It was delicious.

But while cooking the bacon, she set off the smoke detector and the noise woke me up. And she forgot toast. Unbelievable.

But sweetie, I told you we're out of bread, so I couldn't make toast :/ We've only been married 6 weeks, I'm still learning...

kw18 said:

But sweetie, I told you we're out of bread, so I couldn't make toast :/ We've only been married 6 weeks, I'm still learning...
    Oh, I didn't know the grocery store was closed, too.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,662
    Grocery store?
    What she doesn't grow wheat in the yard and bake you fresh bread from scratch?
    I bet the cats get fresh baked bread.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:

Grocery store?

I need to take lessons from Lisa...she makes her own bread..but keep in mind she's been a wife longer than me ;)
    Yesterday, I brought my hubby breakfast in bed...which included a donut WITH BACON ON IT...that's got to get me a few points... :)
  • Bacon cooking secret - cook it in the oven @ 350 for about 30 mins depending on preferred crispy factor. Use a broiling pan or a cookie sheet with a cooling rack. Perfect hands free bacon with no splatters, smoking or burning. Also bacon doughnuts...mmmmmmmmmmmm
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Poncier said:

Grocery store?

I need to take lessons from Lisa...she makes her own bread..but keep in mind she's been a wife longer than me ;)
    I can give you some recipes if you want to. But it's gonna get dirty in your house imageimage

We had bacon from the Amish market this weekend. The package said "ranch cut". The slices were quite thick. It felt like a gallon of fat came out of them in the end image But the broiling pan might actually be good for that kind ... Unfortunately we left ours at Cav's brother's house. Now we have to broil our steaks on a muffin tray image
  • LOL, broiling steaks on a muffin tray! Necessity is the mother of invention, indeed!

I am a neat freak so eating food in bed would not be my thing but I would shit bricks if my wife had a bacon doughnut ready for me to eat this morning, bravo for that effort!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

Yesterday, I brought my hubby breakfast in bed...which included a donut WITH BACON ON IT...that's got to get me a few points... :)

You would get points, except you made me get up in the morning to feed the cats. That kinda ruined the whole "sleeping in" thing for me ...
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,637
    I think it's time someone sneaks some jalapeno peppers in someones "not my favorite" cookies.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    edited February 2014
    And because of the Batman cape catastrophe, kw18 does not make the list.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

It's a freakin' travesty. >:P

Oh, oh, oh, and I had to feed the cats this morning. Can you believe it? It's the wife's job to do that! She wouldn't even budge from bed. I guess she just figures she can get out of her duties because it's her birthday. Unbelievable.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."

Poncier said:

Grocery store?

I can give you some recipes if you want to. But it's gonna get dirty in your house imageimage

We had bacon from the Amish market this weekend. The package said "ranch cut". The slices were quite thick. It felt like a gallon of fat came out of them in the end image But the broiling pan might actually be good for that kind ... Unfortunately we left ours at Cav's brother's house. Now we have to broil our steaks on a muffin tray image
    I'm definitely I'm going to try the avocado/chocolate mousse thingy...that looked pretty yummy. :D

LOL, broiling steaks on a muffin tray! Necessity is the mother of invention, indeed!

I am a neat freak so eating food in bed would not be my thing but I would shit bricks if my wife had a bacon doughnut ready for me to eat this morning, bravo for that effort!

Thanks! :) There was a fruity pebble one too...but the bacon one was awesome! There's a local donut chain here and they have so many yummy donuts (that change on a regular basis) that it's hard to pick...I usually just stand there like Homer Simpson with my mouth open drooling....
    kw18 said:

dankind said:

Oh, oh, oh, and I had to feed the cats this morning. Can you believe it? It's the wife's job to do that! She wouldn't even budge from bed. I guess she just figures she can get out of her duties because it's her birthday. Unbelievable.
    Thank you, honey!
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835

kw18 said:

dankind said:

Thank you, honey!
    You don't know how good you've got it, afroannnie. On my birthday, I not only had to take care of my own damn cat but I also got stuck with both kids (three-year-old girl and one-year-old boy) that night because my wife was conveniently out of town for work.

Take better care of your man.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

kw18 said:

dankind said:

Thank you, honey!
    You don't know how good you've got it, afroannnie. On my birthday, I not only had to take care of my own damn cat but I also got stuck with both kids (three-year-old girl and one-year-old boy) that night because my wife was conveniently out of town for work.

Take better care of your man.
    Well we are still in the honey moon phase :)
    but I took notes from this thread and I plan on working on them everyday. :P
    I got home from work last night to find out my wife baked cookies. It was pretty fantastic of her, until I realized she wanted to eat some of the cookies, too.

I told her that since it was her birthday, she could have a couple.

She didn't even thank me.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 said:

I got home from work last night to find out my wife baked cookies. It was pretty fantastic of her, until I realized she wanted to eat some of the cookies, too.

I thought I would get some extra points too since I timed it perfectly so they were still warm when you walked in the door....

kw18 said:

I thought I would get some extra points too since I timed it perfectly so they were still warm when you walked in the door....

They had been on the cooling rake for a few minutes instead of being pulled straight out of the oven when I walked in. So, no extra points for you.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."