Grievances with the spouse

Comments

• kw18 said:

I got home from work last night to find out my wife baked cookies. It was pretty fantastic of her, until I realized she wanted to eat some of the cookies, too.

I told her that since it was her birthday, she could have a couple.

She didn't even thank me.

I thought I would get some extra points too since I timed it perfectly so they were still warm when you walked in the door....

Come on, still warm? They came out of the oven before he came in? geesh. He should be able to smell them baking for at least 5 minutes to entice his taste buds. This is basic cookie 101. I hope you get your act together afro. And I hope for your sake the milk was fresh and ice cold.

;)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909

kw18 said:

I got home from work last night to find out my wife baked cookies. It was pretty fantastic of her, until I realized she wanted to eat some of the cookies, too.

I thought I would get some extra points too since I timed it perfectly so they were still warm when you walked in the door....

Come on, still warm? They came out of the oven before he came in? geesh. He should be able to smell them baking for at least 5 minutes to entice his taste buds. This is basic cookie 101. I hope you get your act together afro. And I hope for your sake the milk was fresh and ice cold.

;)
    I had to pour the milk myself ...

"Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    kw18 said:

kw18 said:

;)
    I had to pour the milk myself ...

Actually, JP, some had just come out of the oven and some were still in the oven when he walked in! :D;)

It is true about the milk though...he had to pour his own glass...and I actually made him pour mine too....but I said it would count as a birthday present....
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • groovemegrooveme Posts: 353
    edited February 2014
    I got a nice laugh out of this :)
    Post edited by grooveme on
  • whew! ahh, sneaky...One batch in, and one batch out. That is professional actually. Nice work. :)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    grooveme said:

I got a nice laugh out of this :)

:D

whew! ahh, sneaky...One batch in, and one batch out. That is professional actually. Nice work. :)

Yes...I would say I have pretty good in and out skills....
    Because of all the snow we received today, the wife's office closed and she doesn't have to work today.

But I work from home every day, so I don't get a day off due to the weather. It's just not right.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,662
    kw18 said:

Because of all the snow we received today, the wife's office closed and she doesn't have to work today.

But I work from home every day, so I don't get a day off due to the weather. It's just not right.

I assume that she spent her day shoveling then.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • one must first have a spouse before one can have grievances with said spouse...

i do have grievances with plenty of people though. i air them on festivus. but that is a subject for an entirely different thread...

carry on you love birds :D

grieve away

;)
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    Poncier said:

kw18 said:

I wish! Yet another grievance ...
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 said:

Poncier said:

kw18 said:

But honey, I tried to go out and shovel but the snow drifts were past my shoulders!!

And I did work some..even though my company was closed...did 3 loads of laundry and made you lunch! :)

But honey, I tried to go out and shovel but the snow drifts were past my shoulders!!

This is what I had to hear all weekend. It wasn't that bad!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 said:

Seriously!?!

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,781

kw18 said:

Poncier said:

kw18 said:

And I did work some..even though my company was closed...did 3 loads of laundry and made you lunch! :)
    with no birthday cookies for dessert.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    edited February 2014
    My wife drove my car and left the seat moved up toward the wheel. I tried to get in the this morning and wrenched my back doing so. Thanks Honey
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer

kw18 said:

Seriously!?!

Please. You act as if I didn't help you at all.

"Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    JK_Livin said:

My wife drove my car and left the seat moved up toward the wheel. I tried to get in the this morning and wrenched my back doing so. Thanks Honey

This seriously happens every time I get into my wife's car. Crack my knees on the steering wheel.

You'd think our wives would be considerate enough to push the seat backward after they're done. Ridiculous.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    kw18 said:

JK_Livin said:

This seriously happens every time I get into my wife's car. Crack my knees on the steering wheel.

You'd think our wives would be considerate enough to push the seat backward after they're done. Ridiculous.
    Completely inconsiderate!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • :)) :) too funny KW
  • The car seat thing is why I refuse to put the toilet seat down. :)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    On Saturday morning, I got out of bed early and made my wife pancakes, English muffins and coffee, and served it to her in bed.

On Sunday morning, my wife got out of bed early and brought me cold cereal and coffee.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    And neither one of you made the other bacon.
    The magic has disappeared quickly.
    Poncier said:

I would have cooked her bacon, but she needs to buy some from the grocery store. Yet another grievance.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
    kw18 said:

Poncier said:

I would have cooked her bacon, but she needs to buy some from the grocery store. Yet another grievance.
    But I asked you if there was anything you wanted from the store and you didn't mention bacon...remember when I went to the grocery store so you could have some Batmanning time alone...

...remember when I went to the grocery store so you could have some Batmanning time alone...

kw, you're married now, shouldn't need to still do "Batmanning alone". Let Catwoman join in.
  • :))
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    Losiento said:

I found this particularly amusing.

+1 for you :)

I was wondering if the original post is sarcasm.

9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    are the lovebirds still married? /:)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    edited May 2014
    I'm wondering how long a few couples in this thread would stay married. That's a good question.
    imalive said:

are the lovebirds still married? /:)

9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more