Options

NYC shows.... NY residents should be FIRST

1235»

Comments

• Options
    So... I signed on today to get tickets for the two NYC shows about 10 min before presale time. No problem... I can navigate the site.... until the time hits and the site crashes. First time around, I had to wait 30 min before it came back up... and tickets were sold out. Second time around, I actually got in and went to checkout... except when I clicked the SUBMIT button with my credit card info (the final step!)... the site crashed... then over ONE HOUR passed before I could get back in, and not only did my order not go through, but of course all tickets were sold out.

Here's my major beef.... all of the southern shows still have fan club tickets available, but the ENTIRE COUNTRY tries to get NYC tickets, and use native New Yorkers are locked out of our own hometown show. I have three close friends who also are Tenclub members, and two of them also were locked out because the site crashed, but one of them did get tickets for 1 show. Sorry but this is not fair. Every time I go to a NYC area PJ show, it's mostly packed with out of towners, even foreigners. This is cool to have so many people want to come here to watch the best band in the best venue, but New York residents should be first in NYC area presales, just like we were the only ones eligible for the Letterman tickets 2 yrs ago.

Face it PJ.. when you play The Garden, don't greet the crowd with "hello New York City". Understand that the majority of NYC Pearl Jam fans are home waiting for the bootlegs because they couldn't get tickets to their own hometown show. That's an extremely difficult part of being a fan club member in this city.... the fact that I have to settle for guaranteed tickets in... Hartford, CT??? Why should I have to settle? Because someone else's town sucks they have to eat up my hometown seats? Go home.

Peace in the crease,

One Pissed-off Fan

wah wah!! quit your whining! just because you live in nyc doesnt mean jack. i cant stand most new yorkers cuz of their holier then thou attitude (i love the city thought, been there 3 times) just be thankful you are even going to a show.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Thanks, but it's just not fair that I do not get fan club seats in my own hometown. Pairing up with a friend who did get his seats isn't an option, because he has to take his wife. Hell I already had my ticket partners lined up. They're going to be just as upset as me that we're going to be in the nosebleeds. Makes me not want to go to be honest. But thanks for the sympathy. It really was just an angry vent. I'm very disappointed to see people from London touting that they got tickets for both shows to a venue I grew up going to, and is 26 blocks from where I work. Just ain't right ya know.

1) PJ shows are for everybody, residents or not
    2) MSG is the most sought after in the country, so demand is insane
    3) more members, fewer tickets this time around

so it goes with PJ

and I think we should all feel lucky they are playing this arena, its a logistical nightmare, costs them more $$, and it probably very difficult to keep the prices below $100, THEY DO THAT FOR US

we dont have any right to complain about access to tickets.

oh, and I too got shut out of MSG 2. But I will find a way to get in. Just psyched they are doing MSG on this mini tour.
  • Options
    pajopajo Posts: 3,292
    I have seen Pearl Jam in Budapest, Bologna, Verona, Vienna, Zagreb, Munich, Katowice, London and now it's gonna be New York. My god Jules, how I must fuck up your little narrow-minded concept of the world!

(I'm sorry to be rubbing it in, but you really don't deserve better. I hope you get tickets though and I hope you won't spend the entire show bitching about where your seats are and who's sitting around you.)
  • Options
    JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    So... I signed on today to get tickets for the two NYC shows about 10 min before presale time. No problem... I can navigate the site.... until the time hits and the site crashes. First time around, I had to wait 30 min before it came back up... and tickets were sold out. Second time around, I actually got in and went to checkout... except when I clicked the SUBMIT button with my credit card info (the final step!)... the site crashed... then over ONE HOUR passed before I could get back in, and not only did my order not go through, but of course all tickets were sold out.

Here's my major beef.... all of the southern shows still have fan club tickets available, but the ENTIRE COUNTRY tries to get NYC tickets, and use native New Yorkers are locked out of our own hometown show. I have three close friends who also are Tenclub members, and two of them also were locked out because the site crashed, but one of them did get tickets for 1 show. Sorry but this is not fair. Every time I go to a NYC area PJ show, it's mostly packed with out of towners, even foreigners. This is cool to have so many people want to come here to watch the best band in the best venue, but New York residents should be first in NYC area presales, just like we were the only ones eligible for the Letterman tickets 2 yrs ago.

Face it PJ.. when you play The Garden, don't greet the crowd with "hello New York City". Understand that the majority of NYC Pearl Jam fans are home waiting for the bootlegs because they couldn't get tickets to their own hometown show. That's an extremely difficult part of being a fan club member in this city.... the fact that I have to settle for guaranteed tickets in... Hartford, CT??? Why should I have to settle? Because someone else's town sucks they have to eat up my hometown seats? Go home.

Peace in the crease,

One Pissed-off Fan

What about people that live in neighboring states?

For example, PJ is playing 2 Camden, NJ shows (which basically are Philly shows). Camden is right across the river from Philly, and most fans come from DE and PA because the NJ shows are technically their 'home' shows. So where do you draw the line? Only NJ residents have access to the initial fanclub presale? That hardly seems fair when there probably aren't many PJ fans who live in Camden and some parts of PA will be closer to the venue than some parts of NJ.

It can get real dicey. Instead of complaining that everyone wants to come to NY for 'your' PJ show, maybe look at it like the glass if half full and be happy you live in an area where PJ plays many shows in your 'hometown.'
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • Options
    spinDrAtlspinDrAtl Posts: 109
    I think Jules should change his name to JulesTheWhineyBaby or JulesTheSpoiledBrat or maybe JulesThePompous.

Just a thought.
    So this is what it's like to be an adult.

Atlanta 4-3-94,Charleston 10-5-96
    Atlanta 8-7-00,Atlanta 4-19-03
    Vegas 6-6-03,Vegas 7-6-06
    Chicago Vic 8-2-07,Columbia 6-16-08
    MSG I 6-24-08, Philadelphia 10-31-09
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    evenkat wrote:

The Europeans fans started lining up early the night before the Vic show to make sure they were up close because it was general admission. They came a long way and their dedication paid off in the end.
    Seeing that most gigs are GA in Europe, we're used to lining up early if we want to get up close and personal! It's all part of the fun too.
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    Oh Yeah, I will make fun of people venting their frustration. I could give a shit if you live in NYC and didn't get tickets, boo hoo!!! I'm coming from Indiana and I got mine!!
    I have NEVER been locked out of a PJ show that I really wanted to be in, the people who are bitching and complaining about not getting MSG tickets, you are wasting your time. You could actually be thinking of better ways to score tickets rather than feeling sorry for yourself!
    10C doesn't even guarantee the best seats, some people will actually get better seats through ticketmaster. What about all those people, buying tickets through ticketmaster, man they really piss me off-they don't even belong to the fan club but they are getting tickets-boo hoo, it's not fair.

Maybe SOMEDAY, you will realize-LIFE ISN'T F&@^IN" FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now go have a shit and a smoke and get over it!

Oh by the way you may also want to get pissed about this as well, I'm going to California to see the solo shows TOO! And I don't live there, and i got my tickets through 10C!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    cpsilo1cpsilo1 Posts: 73

Peace in the crease,

One Pissed-off Fan

Is there a :cry: emoticon
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Why should a New Yorker fight for nosebleeds when people from Europe come away with prime seating for both shows? This is my hometown. How would you guys feel if your hometown show was sold out because it was full of tourists? You would be a lot less pleased with your 300 level seats wouldn't you? This is why the Letterman thing was for New Yorkers only. I'm not saying give us everything. But give us our own priority presale of maybe half of the presale tickets.

Let the tourists go through Ticketmaster. I'm a fan club member and this is my hometown show... which will have its fan club section filled with people from somewhere else. That's not a NYC show. It's an Atlantic Ocean show.
    at Wembley last year, our first proper show in the whole country in 7 years, there was a huge number of Americans and also Europeans and even Australians. plenty of Londoners had to buy through TM....so what?

boohoo, you got another 3 shows within 2 hours drive this year alone, and still can get tickets on general sale...
    Zanne wrote:
    I live in Chicago and was lucky enough to get tix for the Vic show last year, but let me tell you, Chicagoans were the minority.. In fact, the rail was mostly Europeans..
    there was a grand total of 3 of us Europeans and 1 ozie at the front, even possibly in the whole place afaik (and 2 of the Europeans were 2nd row, not on the rail)...hardly makes it 'mostly' :rolleyes:
    .. I guess because we rocked more than most of the rest of rail combined it looked that way ;)
    :D
    Jennytree wrote:
    Did any of you think to ASK any of us immigrants if we had spare tickets? Instead of bitching at us?? Feck the lot of ye, I'm bringing another Irish person just to annoy you :D
    LOl..well, since I don't have to keep my spare for said Irish anymore, I'll take a mexican on night 1 and ..well probably a yank but not a NYCer on night 2..there :p
    redrock wrote:
    Proof of the pudding was in the massive, international meet-ups! And the great ambiance at the shows (I can only speak of Dublin and Wembley but I know the Italian shows were similar!).
    with the lot coming.. this is going to be one HELL of a party !!!
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    nicked this from a thread about MSG tix on the porch...from another 'native'....lives in NJ, works in manhattan, HAPPY to call a friend......

spearhead wrote:
    I was stuck at home with my crap computer instead of being at work as I had planned, in front of a SUPER COMPUTER ... got SHUT OUT for both MSG shows, but am I angry?????? Am I bitter????

Hell no ... I'm going to Camden and Hartford and I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES so I still BELIEVE I WILL BE AT BOTH MSG SHOWS!!!

IT'S ALL GOOD!!!!!
    WE are ALL so lucky to be here, now ... like my dad used to say .. SHUT UP AND HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT is the attitude...not this NYers first, senority first, etc i have seen too much of in this thread...and too often on this board. share...the.....love.........!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Lowlight11Lowlight11 Posts: 271
    All I have to say about this is too bad! I live about an hour south of NYC in the state of NJ and I feel that I have just as much, if not more right to get tickets to the NYC shows then let's say someone that live in Albany or Buffalo. They are NY residents so should they have access to tickets before I do considering Buffalo is 7 hours away from NYC and Albany is 3 hours. So now does it become a proximity thing too? Do you need to live in a certain radius of the venue in order to get first dibs on tickets? How could you even manage this? I would just update my profile to say I live in NY!
  • Options
    I'm actually surprised that this thread is still going. Nice to see that I pinched a sore spot for NY haters. It's not a holier than thou or elistist attitude I have... it's just not getting 10c tickets in my hometown due to extreme global demand... like oil. You people can continue to spew NY hatred and ridiculous assumptions about this city/it's people. It's funny to see what you all really think of us here. The more crap you spout, the less welcome you are. It's people like you who get mugged for being so timid.

Ah I love trolling!
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    You people can continue to spew NY hatred and ridiculous assumptions about this city/it's people. It's funny to see what you all really think of us here. The more crap you spout, the less welcome you are. It's people like you who get mugged for being so timid. !
    Nah... it's not what people think about NY and ALL NYers... just what people think of NYers like you. Now you just happen to be from NY, but I guess there are some like you all over the world. Just get over it. Loads of 'foreign' people will be 'invading' MSG and will have a ball. NY will welcome them. You can come to London anytime. We'll show you how it's done!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Nah... it's not what people think about NY and ALL NYers... just what people think of NYers like you. Now you just happen to be from NY, but I guess there are some like you all over the world. Just get over it. Loads of 'foreign' people will be 'invading' MSG and will have a ball. NY will welcome them. You can come to London anytime. We'll show you how it's done!

Amen to that. There are plenty of NYers pissed about being shut out of their own hometown show. I was just more vocal about it. Anyone anywhere would be just as pissed off and anyone who says they wouldn't be is lying. But admit it... you can see lots of calls of elitism here when it's not that.. it's just....... mother%&*$%&$ I didn't get my @#$@#$ tix!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    this may be my first post....

but i do visit the pit often, i should just post more often.

I have been a resident of NYC for 10 years (from Montana - saw PJ at Grizzly Stadium in '98)

I was shut out of both shows, frustrated only at the server chaos... had high hopes and then suck to the lowest level...plus my office is actually ABOVE madison square garden. McGraw Hill Building! so everyday I would see tons of people line up for their favorite shows...and get in my way for my evening commute. BUT i know...i have been there. I know what its like to be passionate about something so much you have to do whatever it takes.

i actually am happy that the people in the front will be HARDCORE PJ fans and not some person who is still hoping for all of TEN to be played live, and never bought a record after VITALOGY.

But anyway looking forward to the show, even if it is by buying ticketmaster tickets, at least i still have that option.

ROCK.

Marti
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    (Besides London) NYC seems like the capital of the world, the genuine metropolis in America...by plane you can reach it easily from almost every significant place...that's why more and more poeple want to get there...especially for double PJ shows...just like in 2003 when they had recorded these shows...so it seems every PJ fan would love to be there at the legendary Garden, doesn't it?
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1