Options

NYC shows.... NY residents should be FIRST

JulesTheManJulesTheMan Posts: 39
edited March 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
So... I signed on today to get tickets for the two NYC shows about 10 min before presale time. No problem... I can navigate the site.... until the time hits and the site crashes. First time around, I had to wait 30 min before it came back up... and tickets were sold out. Second time around, I actually got in and went to checkout... except when I clicked the SUBMIT button with my credit card info (the final step!)... the site crashed... then over ONE HOUR passed before I could get back in, and not only did my order not go through, but of course all tickets were sold out.

Here's my major beef.... all of the southern shows still have fan club tickets available, but the ENTIRE COUNTRY tries to get NYC tickets, and use native New Yorkers are locked out of our own hometown show. I have three close friends who also are Tenclub members, and two of them also were locked out because the site crashed, but one of them did get tickets for 1 show. Sorry but this is not fair. Every time I go to a NYC area PJ show, it's mostly packed with out of towners, even foreigners. This is cool to have so many people want to come here to watch the best band in the best venue, but New York residents should be first in NYC area presales, just like we were the only ones eligible for the Letterman tickets 2 yrs ago.

Face it PJ.. when you play The Garden, don't greet the crowd with "hello New York City". Understand that the majority of NYC Pearl Jam fans are home waiting for the bootlegs because they couldn't get tickets to their own hometown show. That's an extremely difficult part of being a fan club member in this city.... the fact that I have to settle for guaranteed tickets in... Hartford, CT??? Why should I have to settle? Because someone else's town sucks they have to eat up my hometown seats? Go home.

Peace in the crease,

One Pissed-off Fan
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Dude, that sucks, and I don't want to take that away from you, cause you have a right to be frustrated and vent.

But, truth be told, you're not shut out yet. There are still ticketmaster sales, which I urge you to try and get.

10c tickets are only 1/10 of the tickets. So, I still expect this to be a mostly NYC party, like it should be.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Just wait for the general public on-sale. You'll be fine.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
    Your story sounds much like mine. I only bought tickets for the second show, though. When checking out, you should be sent to a different server dedicated to people that have tix in their cart already. It was such a painful experience today. I shouldn't have to refresh for 20 minutes after I've clicked "BUY." And then another 5 minutes for ever step there after. Luckily I got my tickets, but yeah, site crashes blow. Hard.
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    Dude, that sucks, and I don't want to take that away from you, cause you have a right to be frustrated and vent.

But, truth be told, you're not shut out yet. There are still ticketmaster sales, which I urge you to try and get.

10c tickets are only 1/10 of the tickets. So, I still expect this to be a mostly NYC party, like it should be.

Thanks, but it's just not fair that I do not get fan club seats in my own hometown. Pairing up with a friend who did get his seats isn't an option, because he has to take his wife. Hell I already had my ticket partners lined up. They're going to be just as upset as me that we're going to be in the nosebleeds. Makes me not want to go to be honest. But thanks for the sympathy. It really was just an angry vent. I'm very disappointed to see people from London touting that they got tickets for both shows to a venue I grew up going to, and is 26 blocks from where I work. Just ain't right ya know.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    .... the fact that I have to settle for guaranteed tickets in... Hartford, CT??? Why should I have to settle? Because someone else's town sucks they have to eat up my hometown seats? Go home.

see on the 10C website----" tickets are limited " :confused:
    There are no ticket guarantees, friend
    i was shut out today also- theres always the general public onsales-

One Pissed Off Fan

Better to be pissed off then pissed on.

:)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    i gotta be honest and just say, WAH WAH WAH... cry somewhere else and just be happy you had the CHANCE to even get presale tickets, unlike most bands would offer....AND, THAT YOU GOT GUARANTEED TICKETS FOR A CLOSE BY SHOW!!! think if the STONES played Hartford, you would be going AND sitting in the first 30 rows my friend???... no, i didnt think so either!!!

good luck April 11th
    10/22/00 LV, 10/24/00 LA, 10/20/01 SF, 10/21/01 AF, 12/8/02 SEA, 12/9/02 SEA, 6/3/03 Irvine, 7/9/03 MSG, 9/1/05 Gorge, 6/3/06 NJ, 7/9/06 LA, 7/10/06 LA, 7/12/06 The Fonda, 7/13/06 SB, 7/22/06 Gorge, 7/23/06 Gorge, 10/21/06 SF, 10/22/06 SF, 12/2/06 HAW, 12/9/06 HAW, 4/10/08 SB, 4/12/08 LA, 4/15/08 SD
  • Options
    These BADLANDS are treating us good!

BRUCE in San Jose, Sac and Anaheim only a week away

:-)
    10/22/00 LV, 10/24/00 LA, 10/20/01 SF, 10/21/01 AF, 12/8/02 SEA, 12/9/02 SEA, 6/3/03 Irvine, 7/9/03 MSG, 9/1/05 Gorge, 6/3/06 NJ, 7/9/06 LA, 7/10/06 LA, 7/12/06 The Fonda, 7/13/06 SB, 7/22/06 Gorge, 7/23/06 Gorge, 10/21/06 SF, 10/22/06 SF, 12/2/06 HAW, 12/9/06 HAW, 4/10/08 SB, 4/12/08 LA, 4/15/08 SD
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    Just wait for the general public on-sale. You'll be fine.

Why should a New Yorker fight for nosebleeds when people from Europe come away with prime seating for both shows? This is my hometown. How would you guys feel if your hometown show was sold out because it was full of tourists? You would be a lot less pleased with your 300 level seats wouldn't you? This is why the Letterman thing was for New Yorkers only. I'm not saying give us everything. But give us our own priority presale of maybe half of the presale tickets.

Let the tourists go through Ticketmaster. I'm a fan club member and this is my hometown show... which will have its fan club section filled with people from somewhere else. That's not a NYC show. It's an Atlantic Ocean show.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    So... I signed on today to get tickets for the two NYC shows about 10 min before presale time. No problem... I can navigate the site.... until the time hits and the site crashes. First time around, I had to wait 30 min before it came back up... and tickets were sold out. Second time around, I actually got in and went to checkout... except when I clicked the SUBMIT button with my credit card info (the final step!)... the site crashed... then over ONE HOUR passed before I could get back in, and not only did my order not go through, but of course all tickets were sold out.

Here's my major beef.... all of the southern shows still have fan club tickets available, but the ENTIRE COUNTRY tries to get NYC tickets, and use native New Yorkers are locked out of our own hometown show. I have three close friends who also are Tenclub members, and two of them also were locked out because the site crashed, but one of them did get tickets for 1 show. Sorry but this is not fair. Every time I go to a NYC area PJ show, it's mostly packed with out of towners, even foreigners. This is cool to have so many people want to come here to watch the best band in the best venue, but New York residents should be first in NYC area presales, just like we were the only ones eligible for the Letterman tickets 2 yrs ago.

Face it PJ.. when you play The Garden, don't greet the crowd with "hello New York City". Understand that the majority of NYC Pearl Jam fans are home waiting for the bootlegs because they couldn't get tickets to their own hometown show. That's an extremely difficult part of being a fan club member in this city.... the fact that I have to settle for guaranteed tickets in... Hartford, CT??? Why should I have to settle? Because someone else's town sucks they have to eat up my hometown seats? Go home.

Peace in the crease,

One Pissed-off Fan

I'm from NY too. I also got booted off the site as soon as both nights came up. At noon and at 2pm.

I feel very frustrated.

I didn't get any tickets. :(
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    dude i was born in brooklyn and live in cali now and i got night 1 msg... got shut out for night 2... this is my hometown show AND more than half the people from 10c that will be in the 10c seats will most likely be from the nyc area..... stop your sour grapes or start listening to Vampire Weekend! :-)

Also, get tickets during the onsale... theres no guarantees in life... maybe you've just been spoiled on here for too long
  • Options
    I do agree that home state fans should have priority in conjunction with seniority, though.
  • Options
    wait, maybe 10c members in Alaska shouldve only been given the chance to buy the Into The Wild Vinyl, because the movie took place there.... sounds like a great plan to me... after all, they "deserve" it more
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    wait, maybe 10c members in Alaska shouldve only been given the chance to buy the Into The Wild Vinyl, because the movie took place there.... sounds like a great plan to me... after all, they "deserve" it more

Please don't make fun of people for expressing their frustration.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options

Peace in the crease,

One Pissed-off Fan

Expect hartford tickets to be anything but garunteed! There are more people who got locked out then let in. something tells me tomorrow will be just as bad as today
    4-30-03
    7-06-03
    7-11-03
    9-28-04
    9-29-04
    5-13-06
    6-03-06
    6-27-08
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    it's not easy i know, but try and relax. i'm sure plenty of people will have spares that they will want to trade/sell to other 10c members.

i know lots of people got tickets this way for the London show last year - and there were people from NY, California, Europe, Australia, even feckin' Ireland and Scotland ( ;) ) at that show. the cheek of it :D

face it, people wanted to come to the fan-club-only-floor London show because it sounded like it was likely to be a great show and it's easy to get to London from the States etc, similarly it's easy to go the other way and see the band at the MSG where many bands have played great shows.
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    nobody's making fun... its called using a metaphor, or logic

no one deserves anything more than any other just because they live somewhere.... this band has VERY loyal fans that are willing to travel and should be given as much chance as anybody to buy tickets.... i am going to west palm, should i have not been able to have the opportunity to buy.... thats just silly now
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Why should a New Yorker fight for nosebleeds when people from Europe come away with prime seating for both shows?
    New Yorkers had just as much of a chance for tix as others. Don't be such a xenophobe.
    That's not a NYC show. It's an Atlantic Ocean show.
    It's a Pearl Jam show.
  • Options
    Cheers to that!

Also, I was shut out of the Fonda show in LA BUT made it in through dedication.... if there's a will, there's a way.... you will get in if you want and put some time into it!

Also made it into MSG 2 a few years back , DAY OF SHOW... without going to scalpers.....

OWN IT!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN for yourself!!!
  • Options
    In2DeepIn2Deep Posts: 496
    I can understand this guy's pain, but PJ plays the east a lot. They don't play in my area much at all. So I don't have a right to attempt at NY tix, because they play there practically every tour and not my city? Sounds real fair...
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Why should a New Yorker fight for nosebleeds when people from Europe come away with prime seating for both shows? This is my hometown. How would you guys feel if your hometown show was sold out because it was full of tourists? You would be a lot less pleased with your 300 level seats wouldn't you? This is why the Letterman thing was for New Yorkers only. I'm not saying give us everything. But give us our own priority presale of maybe half of the presale tickets.

Let the tourists go through Ticketmaster. I'm a fan club member and this is my hometown show... which will have its fan club section filled with people from somewhere else. That's not a NYC show. It's an Atlantic Ocean show.

Why don't ye get up off yer arse and TRAVEL to a show? I guess you'd say that ye shouldn't have to, which I kinda get. But its not my fault that you got shut out - we didn't want to personally stop YOU from getting a ticket! I love Pearl Jam, and will go anywhere to see them - but New Yorkers seem to be a bunch of whiny gits and blame the wrong people and portraying your city so negatively now.
    Most Europeans were happy to have people join them... why are ye all bitching? Ye have another chance!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Why don't ye get up off yer arse and TRAVEL to a show? I guess you'd say that ye shouldn't have to, which I kinda get. But its not my fault that you got shut out - we didn't want to personally stop YOU from getting a ticket! I love Pearl Jam, and will go anywhere to see them - but New Yorkers seem to be a bunch of whiny gits and blame the wrong people and portraying your city so negatively now.
    Most Europeans were happy to have people join them... why are ye all bitching? Ye have another chance!

Ok, there really is no need for name-calling.
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Most Europeans were happy to have people join them... !

Proof of the pudding was in the massive, international meet-ups! And the great ambiance at the shows (I can only speak of Dublin and Wembley but I know the Italian shows were similar!).
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Stryker420 wrote:
    Ok, there really is no need for name-calling.

Wasn't aimed at you directly :p
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    I've decided that I am going to blame ticketmaster.

Wouldn't it have be great to have tickets for all 10clubbers who wanted them and leave them the crumbs?

Anyone want my Drive by truckers show for tonight in exchange for your MSG1? What? It's sold out, and it's in.... NEW YORK CITY! :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    Wasn't NYC built by immigrants?

The statue of liberty would faint if she heard the facist-like remarks made by some of the NYC fans!

I know that 10C tix are important, but, at least there is another chance to get tickets. It could be worse!
  • Options
    I can relate to all of you in the NYC area who were shut out of both MSG shows since My friend and I both TC members were also left without tickets. We were so looking forward the show on the 24th as it is both of our birthdays.
    So any kind person who can spare an extra it would be greatly appreciated!
    Hopefully ticketmaster will come through for our birthday with Pearl Jam!!
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Wasn't NYC built by immigrants?

The statue of liberty would faint if she heard the facist-like remarks made by SOME the NYC fans!

*corrected
    :D

seriously, there is maybe 3...vocal....NYC area fans bitching about this, all the rest...taking it in stride. bitching, sure...but doesn't everyone when shut out of 10c tix? just the nature of the internet.

so yes, PLEASE....do not judge NYers by a FEW disgruntled fans. i am more than pleased to see so many from far and wide making it my beloved NYC shows. why? b/c i have had the great pleasure of doing so in 5 countries and 6 different states, and would never begrudge anyone the opportunity for that experience.

this is NOT a small show, unlike irving plaza and others...that DID have some parameters/limits put on em. this is a BIG arena show, and as 10c members we ALL know what cities are big draws, part of the beauty of being NYC vicinity fans. i am more than happy to see others experience the joys of MSG, b/c i would not enjoy limits put on my opprtunities to travel and see pj elsewhere, either. it's all give and take. besides which, it's just silliness...if not for 'outsiders'....STILL only the same amount of 10c tix, and NEVER any guarantees.

yes...i got 10c tix to both nights and i am VERY happy. but seriously, after the last 2 tours especially, sure i'd be bummed to miss out on 10c tix, especially in my 'hometown'...but i would appreciate it's how it goes.

so yes....NY welcomes you ALL!
    (even if you have a better 10c # than me :o;):p )
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    *corrected

seriously, there is maybe 3...vocal....NYC area fans bitching about this, all the rest...taking it in stride. bitching, sure...but doesn't everyone when shut out of 10c tix? just the nature of the internet.

so yes, PLEASE....do not judge NYers by a FEW disgruntled fans. i am more than pleased to see so many from far and wide making it my beloved NYC shows. why? b/c i have had the great pleasure of doing so in 5 countries and 6 different states, and would never begrudge anyone the opportunity for that experience.

this is NOT a small show, unlike irving plaza and others...that DID have some parameters/limits put on em. this is a BIG arena show, and as 10c members we ALL know what cities are big draws, part of the beauty of being NYC vicinity fans. i am more than happy to see others experience the joys of MSG, b/c i would not enjoy limits put on my opprtunities to travel and see pj elsewhere, either. it's all give and take. besides which, it's just silliness...if not for 'outsiders'....STILL only the same amount of 10c tix, and NEVER any guarantees.

yes...i got 10c tix to both nights and i am VERY happy. but seriously, after the last 2 tours especially, sure i'd be bummed to miss out on 10c tix, especially in my 'hometown'...but i would appreciate it's how it goes.

so yes....NY welcomes you ALL!
    (even if you have a better 10c # than me :o;):p )
    I have duly added *some* to my post.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I have duly added *some* to my post.

grazie!

MANY of us know and enjoy sharing the love!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    i have had the great pleasure of doing so in 5 countries.....

And wasn't it great.... all the different nationalities, accents, even some supposedly speaking 'english' but couldn't understand a word they said - especially after a few drinks! :D