Options

NYC shows.... NY residents should be FIRST

Comments

• Options
    maca_08maca_08 Posts: 2
    I understand your anger at this messed up way of dishing out tickets! if you ask me, 10c need to sit down and come up with a better, fairer way to allocate tickets! tickets should be sold separately across the world, with the biggest share going to members in the local area.
    this 'web site crashed' excuse is getting so boring now!! come on tenclub give us all a chance!
  • Options
    CarneviLCarneviL Sounds Great Place Posts: 165
    What's your fan club number?

You can always do a southern road trip?...this is only a mini tour....they'll be back around,,,,
    I see the sound, in waves!
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    You're all missing the point.

NYC is the BIGGEST show on Earth, such that RESIDENTS are locked out of their own HOMETOWN show because of all the tourists. I have no problem with you all here... but it is an extreme disappointment to have to get nosebleeds to my own hometown show. End of story. It's not xenophobia. It's not Euro-bashing. It's not hatred. It's a situation that most members do NOT have to deal with unless they live in a major city.... and it's worst here.

Simple: NYC area Tenclub members have the worst chance of anyone to see PJ in their own hometown. Some of us have important jobs that we can't just take off to fly to see a show. Why should I have to fly to Tampa for better seats when I can get them in my own city?

Bunch of ignorants who have no concept of that New York City is. All it is to you is Times Square and the Garden. Stay home.

i am a native NYer. not the city, but damn close....spent my entire life here, and going into the city regularly. i've attended college here, and i now work here. most definitely a NYer. again i ask, HOW would this 'hometown show' actually WORK? would it be for ALL NYers? just city folk? manhattanites or ALL the boroughs? and what about those just over the bridges/tunnels, who spend a good part of their lives and $$$ in NYC, but 'technically' this would not be their hometown show, even though they live right over in NJ and/or CT. should someone up in buffalo have precidence over someone from hoboken, for example...simply b/c one's homestate is NY and not NJ?

beyond all that...what about people who NEVER get hometown shows? shit out of luck? pearl jam does NOT play in EVER city/state/country....so yes, i DO see it as being rather xenophobic to try to shut out a very large contingent of fans based soley on where one lives. i HAPPILY share the NY area shows with whomever, b/c i turn like to travel and have the opportunity to buy 10c tix to shows in other cities/state/countries outside my own.

honestly, get over it. you are not representing NY or NYers in a very positive light. thankfully, MOST of us aren't suggesting such. hell, if i really wanted to take it far....what about someone who JUST moved to NY, they get precidence?...or should you have to born here? :p it's ridiculous. i have seen NYers who HAVe been shut out of tix, behaving gracefully and realizing this is simply how it works. even long red, very vocal on the porch about it...finally and graciously apologized, realizing NO fan has priority over another when it comes to getting tix.

and yes...i DO know what NYC is.....and it certainly is not this "me first" attitude. and i won't be staying home...i too will be attending my 'hometown' shows with natives and foreigners alike!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    I'm glad all these people are coming in, they can stimulate the economy of the city.

Fuck NY ;)
    I won't be spending a dime there other than to use NJTransit and buy a few beers at MSG :D
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    hell, if i really wanted to take it far....what about someone who JUST moved to NY, they get precidence?

There is absolutely no need to make this personal :mad:

... but the answer of course would be yes :p
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    There is absolutely no need to make this personal :mad:

... but the answer of course would be yes :p

it was for illustrative purposes only. ;)
    just making the point is all....it's ridiculous!
    as i and many others have said, perhaps a 'priority show' for your seniorty, but certainly not a hometown, just too unfair for those with NO hometown shows, and too difficult to truly outline. besides which i still vehemently disagree with the IDEA of seniority being utilized for even more such as priority in bying tix, so why should where you live be a factor? you well know...both you and i and many others...took up other 'locals' 10c tix when we traveled to italy, england, etc. why should NYers get hometown priority, but no where else? ALL of it just reeks of elitism imho. ALL access to ALL shows to ALL 10c members, regardless of where you live or your membership #. i am so thankful that pj/10c agree at least on that. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    .....HOW would this 'hometown show' actually WORK? would it be for ALL NYers? just city folk? manhattanites or ALL the boroughs? and what about those just over the bridges/tunnels, who spend a good part of their lives and $$$ in NYC, but 'technically' this would not be their hometown show, even though they live right over in NJ and/or CT. should someone up in buffalo have precidence over someone from hoboken, for example...simply b/c one's homestate is NY and not NJ?

****Remember the post-Letterman performance 2 yrs ago?****

It was NY area residents only. Not just NYC, it included NJ and CT I believe. This was done NOT because it was free, but because anyone with means to be in NYC at the time would have gone, and most likely would have been on Craigslist (which some were anyway). The same for these two shows in this short tour.... but not the case for the other shows which haven't had fanclub sell outs for days, while NYC went out in minutes.

Again, you people are far too quick to judge and are trolling to get others to start a riot. RE-READ the forum title. All I am saying is that in a city that attracts the most out of towners for shows, residents should get a priority for their own hometown show. I am NOT saying NY residents only. I just said that since this is our hometown show we should get some priority to see it. Why?..... because.....

** The hometown crowd is most under-represented in NYC ***

I don't understand what part of that escapes your brains. Seems the only ones who disagree are those who did score tickets for the NYC shows, and those who are brainwashed by the calls of fascism by the forum trolls who already hate New Yorkers and are using this as an excuse to fulfill their belief about a city they know nothing about. Note I direct that to the ones calling New Yorkers arrogant. There's nothing arrogant about it. It's called wanting to enjoy your own city since you live in it. What's wrong with that? You tell me how you would feel if every time a PJ show is in your town, its fan club seats sell out in seconds while you see other shows not sold out for days?? No matter what you say, ANYONE with common sense will agree that NYC gets bum rushed for tickets more than any other place... hence... residents have the least chance of seeing it in their own town. End of story. Anything else here is just more commentary from New York haters who want to come see the show and then go home telling their friends "oh but I could never live there". Stay home.
  • Options
    evenkatevenkat Posts: 380
    Jennytree wrote:
    Did any of you think to ASK any of us immigrants if we had spare tickets? Instead of bitching at us?? Feck the lot of ye, I'm bringing another Irish person just to annoy you :D

and D2D - thanks for being welcoming :)

I hope it's Helen!
    "...believe in lies...to get by...it's divine...whoa...oh, you know what its like..."
  • Options
    ....just too unfair for those with NO hometown shows.......

Incorrect. No matter where you live, you can travel to the nearest one. However, in every tour everyone wants to go to the NYC show. It's understandable, but then pretty much locks out more 10c residents here than anywhere else.

....so why should where you live be a factor? ........

See above. NO OTHER CITY has the problem of this magnitude... where its own residents have to compete with the rest of the world for its hometown tickets. If I lived in Orlando, I'd go to the Tampa show. Why should I go to Tampa when in my own hometown there's a show?
    ....ALL of it just reeks of elitism imho.
    It's not elitism. It's WANTING TO GET FAN CLUB SEATS THAT YOU PAY FOR.... IN YOUR OWN HOMETOWN. Stop using this as an excuse to realize your own hatred for the people here which you clearly know nothing about. We're far from elitist. We have everyone from all walks of life here. If anything, it's the rest of the country who are elitist and least understanding when an out of towner visits.
  • Options
    ****Remember the post-Letterman performance 2 yrs ago?****

It was NY area residents only. Not just NYC, it included NJ and CT I believe. This was done NOT because it was free, but because anyone with means to be in NYC at the time would have gone, and most likely would have been on Craigslist (which some were anyway). The same for these two shows in this short tour.... but not the case for the other shows which haven't had fanclub sell outs for days, while NYC went out in minutes.

Again, you people are far too quick to judge and are trolling to get others to start a riot. RE-READ the forum title. All I am saying is that in a city that attracts the most out of towners for shows, residents should get a priority for their own hometown show. I am NOT saying NY residents only. I just said that since this is our hometown show we should get some priority to see it. Why?..... because.....

** The hometown crowd is most under-represented in NYC ***

I don't understand what part of that escapes your brains. Seems the only ones who disagree are those who did score tickets for the NYC shows, and those who are brainwashed by the calls of fascism by the forum trolls who already hate New Yorkers and are using this as an excuse to fulfill their belief about a city they know nothing about. Note I direct that to the ones calling New Yorkers arrogant. There's nothing arrogant about it. It's called wanting to enjoy your own city since you live in it. What's wrong with that? You tell me how you would feel if every time a PJ show is in your town, its fan club seats sell out in seconds while you see other shows not sold out for days?? No matter what you say, ANYONE with common sense will agree that NYC gets bum rushed for tickets more than any other place... hence... residents have the least chance of seeing it in their own town. End of story. Anything else here is just more commentary from New York haters who want to come see the show and then go home telling their friends "oh but I could never live there". Stay home.

i completely disagree, and NOT b/c i got tix.

again i ask you, what about ALL the other cities that has 10c members that NEVER get hometown shows? seriously. and i highly doubt that NYC shows are underrepresented by NYers. you want to argue that point about maybe, maybe in the 10c seats only...perhaps, but even that i doubt. you had an EQUAL CHANCE as ANYone to get 10c tix. you will also have an equal chance at TM tix. where you live should in NO way influence whether you get first shot at a big arena show. the smaller shows, i DO understand. and remember the uproar over irving plaza, being limited to ONLY people in NYC? and it was only for uber-low10clubbers. thankfully, we all got a shot if we were willing to wait at tower records, which i was, and happily got into a small venue show in my city too. what about the vic? that WASN'T limited, and yet people from ALL over bitched about getting shut out, etc. except for extra small/special shows...i cannot agree to residents getting first shot. for the main reason that many, many, many 10clubbers NEVER get these 'special shows'...or even huge arena shows in their hometown, etc. it would be unfair.

agree, disagree, c'est la vie...but you can kindly leave the condescension behind. we *get* your point, isn't difficult. simply disagree.

btw - i am a born and bred NYer...so i have no hatred for NYers. i LIVE here...i work in manhattan, etc. not 'everyone' wants to go to NYc shows, nor does everyone have the means to travel here. also, your 10c memeberhsip CLEARLY states, there are NO guarantees to getting tickets, just that you will have the opportunity to do so before the general public. also, never have they enforced any sort of hometown priority except for small shows....never arenas. i am not trolling, i am [articipating in the discussion. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,081
    chromiam wrote:
    Fuck NY ;)
    I won't be spending a dime there other than to use NJTransit and buy a few beers at MSG :D

well save the rest of your big bills for the hot dog vendors outside the garden....
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    [quote="JulesTheMan
    Again, you people are far too quick to judge and are trolling to get others to start a riot. RE-READ the forum title. All I am saying is that in a city that attracts the most out of towners for shows, residents should get a priority for their own hometown show. [/quote"]

No, you called people corn fed shmuck, you said it annoys you that tourists come to NYC and called them bunch of ignorant dumbasses, and in the process alienated pretty much everyone.

To D2D... what if people got to choose one show, regardless of vicinity?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    meme wrote:
    No, you called people corn fed shmuck, you said it annoys you that tourists come to NYC and called them bunch of ignorant dumbasses, and in the process alienated pretty much everyone.

whoa....easy there....what right do you have to make suggestions?...we should all listen to what Julie says, and be done with it!
    :)
  • Options
    meme wrote:

IF 10c were to decide that, i'd certainly be for it. certainly feasible, and no geographic bias. once upon a time 10c members could ONLY get seniority based tix to ONE show. i know many have suggested going back to that. personally, i think pj/10c realize MANY 10clubbers travel to see em, and do so b/c they know they will get better seats...so would not go back to those days. however, ideas of a 'priority show'...and then just luck of the draw within 10c, i could see being quite fair. so could a 'lottery' deal.

obviously, i am ecstatic over the newest tweak, the couple random rows...so i think 10c listens, and perhaps will make changes, or not. i'm game for whatever. i just think 'hometown' shows are too problematic for the many reasons i mentioned, leaves out too many people. a priority show does not. however, all of that was in regards to seniority, not first crack at tickets....but i guess it's certainly a viable idea.

me, as i've said..i like EQUAL access to all...but that's just me.

bottomline..who the hell am i? just another mediocre 10c #. :p

*edit - however, even with that...i don't think that would 'solve' the issue. probably 2k 10c seats at MSG...so 1K pairs. do you not think MORE than 1k 10clubbers would try to make MSG their priority show? even amongst native NYers/tristaters.....so really no 'solution' to THIS particular problem. you'd have to rate your first, second, third choices...etc....lots of extra work for a small operation. personally, i think people just need to stop 'expecting' so much, and be happy when they luck out...and make other plans/choices when they don't. that's life, not just within the 10c. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    So... I signed on today to get tickets for the two NYC shows about 10 min before presale time. No problem... I can navigate the site.... until the time hits and the site crashes. First time around, I had to wait 30 min before it came back up... and tickets were sold out. Second time around, I actually got in and went to checkout... except when I clicked the SUBMIT button with my credit card info (the final step!)... the site crashed... then over ONE HOUR passed before I could get back in, and not only did my order not go through, but of course all tickets were sold out.

Here's my major beef.... all of the southern shows still have fan club tickets available, but the ENTIRE COUNTRY tries to get NYC tickets, and use native New Yorkers are locked out of our own hometown show. I have three close friends who also are Tenclub members, and two of them also were locked out because the site crashed, but one of them did get tickets for 1 show. Sorry but this is not fair. Every time I go to a NYC area PJ show, it's mostly packed with out of towners, even foreigners. This is cool to have so many people want to come here to watch the best band in the best venue, but New York residents should be first in NYC area presales, just like we were the only ones eligible for the Letterman tickets 2 yrs ago.

Face it PJ.. when you play The Garden, don't greet the crowd with "hello New York City". Understand that the majority of NYC Pearl Jam fans are home waiting for the bootlegs because they couldn't get tickets to their own hometown show. That's an extremely difficult part of being a fan club member in this city.... the fact that I have to settle for guaranteed tickets in... Hartford, CT??? Why should I have to settle? Because someone else's town sucks they have to eat up my hometown seats? Go home.

Peace in the crease,

One Pissed-off Fan

I live in Chicago and was lucky enough to get tix for the Vic show last year, but let me tell you, Chicagoans were the minority.. In fact, the rail was mostly Europeans.. We're all PJ fans, I don't care where we come from/go to.. Try putting up a request for people's extras.. A lot of folks plan to go alone, but are made to buy a pair.. as long as you and your buddies don't have to be holding hands during the show, this is very do-able. I don't care if my best friend is the furthest away from me she can possibly be.. we're both there experiencing the same show.. and when it's over we can say to eachother "did you see when Jeff did that one spinning jump and kicked Mike in the head!!!..." or "Ed's voice on *song* was incredible!!" Sometimes you just have to be independent and let yourself go! Now start posting for extras!

Peace
    Just me
  • Options
    spinDrAtlspinDrAtl Posts: 109
    Incorrect. No matter where you live, you can travel to the nearest one. However, in every tour everyone wants to go to the NYC show. It's understandable, but then pretty much locks out more 10c residents here than anywhere else.

See above. NO OTHER CITY has the problem of this magnitude... where its own residents have to compete with the rest of the world for its hometown tickets. If I lived in Orlando, I'd go to the Tampa show. Why should I go to Tampa when in my own hometown there's a show?

It's not elitism. It's WANTING TO GET FAN CLUB SEATS THAT YOU PAY FOR.... IN YOUR OWN HOMETOWN. Stop using this as an excuse to realize your own hatred for the people here which you clearly know nothing about. We're far from elitist. We have everyone from all walks of life here. If anything, it's the rest of the country who are elitist and least understanding when an out of towner visits.

No matter where you live you can travel to ANY show - if you are able to ge tickets per 10c policy.

You should go to Tampa (or some other location) only if you want 10c tickets, because under the current rules of the 10c, you by luck of the draw were unable to get them to MSG. You are perfectly able to buy tickets to the MSG show through ticketmaster.

You don't 'GET FAN CLUB SEATS THAT YOU PAY FOR'. You get an opportunity to attempt to purchase them under the current 10c policy for presales.
    So this is what it's like to be an adult.

Atlanta 4-3-94,Charleston 10-5-96
    Atlanta 8-7-00,Atlanta 4-19-03
    Vegas 6-6-03,Vegas 7-6-06
    Chicago Vic 8-2-07,Columbia 6-16-08
    MSG I 6-24-08, Philadelphia 10-31-09
  • Options
    smokenatreesmokenatree Posts: 100
    Zanne wrote:
    I live in Chicago and was lucky enough to get tix for the Vic show last year, but let me tell you, Chicagoans were the minority.. In fact, the rail was mostly Europeans.. We're all PJ fans, I don't care where we come from/go to.. Try putting up a request for people's extras.. A lot of folks plan to go alone, but are made to buy a pair.. as long as you and your buddies don't have to be holding hands during the show, this is very do-able. I don't care if my best friend is the furthest away from me she can possibly be.. we're both there experiencing the same show.. and when it's over we can say to eachother "did you see when Jeff did that one spinning jump and kicked Mike in the head!!!..." or "Ed's voice on *song* was incredible!!" Sometimes you just have to be independent and let yourself go! Now start posting for extras!

The vic doesn't matter in this case. There were only 500 or so pairs for that show so not everyone in the chicago area was going to score tix anyway. It is just like the show at Iriving Plaza in NY. It was a small show and people from out of NY went and that's cool. Why because it was a small show and not everyone in ny, nj, or ct was going to get tix anyway. The point is I have never been shut out of any garden show that I wanted in the past fifteen years. Now many New Yorkers have to use their hard earned money to travel up and down the east coast just to see a band because people from Europe need to go to the garden. So would the demand been as high if they played jones beach or nassau coliseum. I still would have went because it is my area. Its not like I would be like Oh my God Pearl Jam is playing the Vatican I gotta get tickets! Point is you should not be shut out of your own hometown especially when they haven't formally played NY in years. Peace
    Pearl Jam Rip msg
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    The vic doesn't matter in this case. There were only 500 or so pairs for that show so not everyone in the chicago area was going to score tix anyway. It is just like the show at Iriving Plaza in NY. It was a small show and people from out of NY went and that's cool. Why because it was a small show and not everyone in ny, nj, or ct was going to get tix anyway. The point is I have never been shut out of any garden show that I wanted in the past fifteen years. Now many New Yorkers have to use their hard earned money to travel up and down the east coast just to see a band because people from Europe need to go to the garden. So would the demand been as high if they played jones beach or nassau coliseum. I still would have went because it is my area. Its not like I would be like Oh my God Pearl Jam is playing the Vatican I gotta get tickets! Point is you should not be shut out of your own hometown especially when they haven't formally played NY in years. Peace
    Pearl Jam Rip msg

My post was one of encouragement to anyone who really wants to attend a PJ show.. Not comparing MSG to Vic in size or # of tix available... We all know how hard it was to get Vic tix if you didn't score them through the 10C.. What I am saying is, that in a venue the size of MSG, you can get tix if you really really want them.. Other fans have extras. No need to be angry. Anger wastes precious energy that could be spent being resourceful and finding other ways to get into the show... not just TM, but other 10C members willing and wanting to share their pair at face.

Peace
    Just me
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    i've learned to just let go ,i'm in for the 1st night MSG show will try to go thru ticketmaster for the 2nd ,and scored for HARTFORD with my member# so i should be very close + it's on a friday night it will be a great show mark it down glad my fanatism has dwindled :) a bit .....member # 27xxx
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    whoa....easy there....what right do you have to make suggestions?...we should all listen to what Julie says, and be done with it!
    :)

Shut up and guard the southern border, you burrito fed you
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Personally I think 10club should just fix their fucking site to handle the amount of people who want to buy tickets. That would still leave some people out, but I think at least it would have given people a fair chance. It hurts to have had tickets ready to buy twice only to have the site crash repeatedly. That's where my bitterness lies.

Now that I see as a valid argument. The 10C site has to act like Ticketmaster for a half hour each time these go on sale and the server just can't handle it. I suppose it would be too much to ask for them to invest money in bandwidth to accomodate 2 hours of heavy usage a year. Maybe they could look into using a third party?
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    Shut up and guard the southern border, you burrito fed you

Well, I like corn tortillas, so I am partially corn-fed!
  • Options
    mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    *edit - however, even with that...i don't think that would 'solve' the issue. probably 2k 10c seats at MSG...so 1K pairs. [/quote]

Only 1k 10C pairs for the garden? Now i'm really depressed.
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Well, I like corn tortillas, so I am partially corn-fed!

And you got MSG tickets? Jeez... we'll have to reopen Ellis Island for ya :p
  • Options
    mauichick wrote:
    *edit - however, even with that...i don't think that would 'solve' the issue. probably 2k 10c seats at MSG...so 1K pairs.

Only 1k 10C pairs for the garden? Now i'm really depressed.[/quote]

I'm happy. Means I have about 19,000 chances to be in the building :)
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    oh for the love of god just be fuckign happy the band is TOURING. jesus h. christ.

so now MSG shows should only have NY residents in attendance? i had decided not to go to them, but now, i sorta want to. purely outta fucking spite :p
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    And you got MSG tickets? Jeez... we'll have to reopen Ellis Island for ya :p

Nope, No NY trip for me!

I'd love to cruise thru Ellis island.....my dad did it in 1945!
  • Options
    mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    meme wrote:
    Only 1k 10C pairs for the garden? Now i'm really depressed.

I'm happy. Means I have about 19,000 chances to be in the building :)[/quote]

You'll be in the building, as will I

POSITIVE ENERGY...

worked for me in the past and hopfully won't fail me now
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    evenkatevenkat Posts: 380
    Zanne wrote:

Pearl Jam Rip msg

The Europeans fans started lining up early the night before the Vic show to make sure they were up close because it was general admission. They came a long way and their dedication paid off in the end.

Concerts are for ALL fans no matter where they come from and that's the bottom line. Many pit members list the shows they have been to in their sigs and the majority are scattered all around the country and many all around the world. They are the most dedicated PJ fans, which helps to keep our favorite band touring! There is no way the members of PJ wouldn't welcome the out of towners and Europeans to the MSG shows or any show.

Yes it would suck if PJ played in my area and I didn't get 10C tickets which has happened several times but I would most certainly be happy with regular tickets too as with any concert. I would be happy with not needing to travel, get a hotel room and etc. However they are not playing in my area and MSG is the closest and easiest for me to get too so that's where I'm going. I pay my 10C membership too as everyone else so why shouldn't we try for the tickets we want? If PJ were playing in Ireland I would want to travel to Ireland to go to the show and would try to get 10C tickets. I tried before but was unable to get tickets.

Getting 10C tickets are not a guarantee for any show. It's just the luck of the draw.
    "...believe in lies...to get by...it's divine...whoa...oh, you know what its like..."
  • Options
    I tried to get tickets for Camden, NJ, about an hour drive from where i live... couldn't get them through the presale... NY was the next closest place, an extra hour away.. so I'm glad that I tried and succeeded to get them.

I know you're angry, but I was too when i missed out on the Camden show.. But I also pay my 10c membership, was locked out of my hometown, sorry for invading your territory but I wasn't going to miss out on this tour.
    2003/04/28 - The Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA
    2004/10/01 - Sovereign Center - Reading, PA
    2005/09/01 - The Gorge - George, WA
    2006/05/28 - Tweeter Center - Camden, NJ
    2008/06/18 - Susquehanna Center - Camden, NJ
    2008/06/24 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY