Options

NYC shows.... NY residents should be FIRST

Comments

• Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    redrock wrote:
    And wasn't it great.... all the different nationalities, accents, even some supposedly speaking 'english' but couldn't understand a word they said - especially after a few drinks! :D

i have absolutely NO idea what you mean by that... :D

we need to have a Green Man reunion in NY... ;)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    AstirdAstird Posts: 168
    So... I signed on today to get tickets for the two NYC shows about 10 min before presale time. No problem... I can navigate the site.... until the time hits and the site crashes. First time around, I had to wait 30 min before it came back up... and tickets were sold out. Second time around, I actually got in and went to checkout... except when I clicked the SUBMIT button with my credit card info (the final step!)... the site crashed... then over ONE HOUR passed before I could get back in, and not only did my order not go through, but of course all tickets were sold out.

Here's my major beef.... all of the southern shows still have fan club tickets available, but the ENTIRE COUNTRY tries to get NYC tickets, and use native New Yorkers are locked out of our own hometown show. I have three close friends who also are Tenclub members, and two of them also were locked out because the site crashed, but one of them did get tickets for 1 show. Sorry but this is not fair. Every time I go to a NYC area PJ show, it's mostly packed with out of towners, even foreigners. This is cool to have so many people want to come here to watch the best band in the best venue, but New York residents should be first in NYC area presales, just like we were the only ones eligible for the Letterman tickets 2 yrs ago.

Face it PJ.. when you play The Garden, don't greet the crowd with "hello New York City". Understand that the majority of NYC Pearl Jam fans are home waiting for the bootlegs because they couldn't get tickets to their own hometown show. That's an extremely difficult part of being a fan club member in this city.... the fact that I have to settle for guaranteed tickets in... Hartford, CT??? Why should I have to settle? Because someone else's town sucks they have to eat up my hometown seats? Go home.

Peace in the crease,

One Pissed-off Fan

Two words...Canadian tour.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    redrock wrote:
    And wasn't it great.... all the different nationalities, accents, even some supposedly speaking 'english' but couldn't understand a word they said - especially after a few drinks! :D

absolutely!
    hell, i've seen shows in the US, canada, italy, england, germany and the netherlands.......and as mentioned, 6 different states (soon to be 7) ;) within the US too. would not want to give up one of those memories!

and HELL YES on the drinking. first night i, finally, met obi once...got so drunk, he couldn't speak english for a bit...his friend had to translate. :o was worried as i was spending a week with him ,what would happen? hahaha. thankfully, after that, no troubles...but great times! hopefully he is making it over for NYC shows so i can repay the favor! :D you make your way over...you're always welcome too!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,081
    *corrected
    :D

seriously, there is maybe 3...vocal....NYC area fans bitching about this, all the rest...taking it in stride. bitching, sure...but doesn't everyone when shut out of 10c tix? just the nature of the internet.

so yes, PLEASE....do not judge NYers by a FEW disgruntled fans. i am more than pleased to see so many from far and wide making it my beloved NYC shows. why? b/c i have had the great pleasure of doing so in 5 countries and 6 different states, and would never begrudge anyone the opportunity for that experience.

this is NOT a small show, unlike irving plaza and others...that DID have some parameters/limits put on em. this is a BIG arena show, and as 10c members we ALL know what cities are big draws, part of the beauty of being NYC vicinity fans. i am more than happy to see others experience the joys of MSG, b/c i would not enjoy limits put on my opprtunities to travel and see pj elsewhere, either. it's all give and take. besides which, it's just silliness...if not for 'outsiders'....STILL only the same amount of 10c tix, and NEVER any guarantees.

yes...i got 10c tix to both nights and i am VERY happy. but seriously, after the last 2 tours especially, sure i'd be bummed to miss out on 10c tix, especially in my 'hometown'...but i would appreciate it's how it goes.

so yes....NY welcomes you ALL!
    (even if you have a better 10c # than me :o;):p )

besides a few of us shutout cases are working other options, so whoever flies in from wherever, i anticipate seeing you there.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    you make your way over...you're always welcome too!
    I would have loved to make it over for these shows, but motherly duties and Rob's working hours make it difficult to do anything during school terms.

Maybe next time :D
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    Well this is gonna chap yer ass big time then, cuz I'm a Native Michigander, ex-Chicagoan, and present Wisconsinite who will be trading a Night 1 ticket with a German to see Night 2 as well! LOL :)

The reality is, yes it sucks that you didn't go to, but you can't blame tourists, PJ, the 10C, Ticketmaster, or Al Gore for inventing the internet. It's all luck and supply and demand.

I stood outside of the Vic for 7 HOURS on a 95 degree day trying to find someone who would take pity on me and sell me their extra ticket. I witnessed MAYBE 4 people who found someone kind enough to do that for face value without demanding airfare, hotel accomidations, rare merch, $1,000, or sexual favors for their ticket. I also waited until halfway into the show hoping that security would let some of us in to fill empty seats, but it never happened.

Sure I was pissed, but you can't blame anyone else, or be xenophobic enough to believe that you're ENTITLED to tickets because you live there. YOU AREN'T. Suck it up and move on. I was pissed after the Vic too, but guess what? I saw 'em 3 days later at Lollapalloza! You can probably go to Hartford, MA, or enjoy a the weather in sunny Florida. It ain't as convienent, but it's the way things work. If MSG, or the Vic occurred under any NORMAL circumstance, this wouldn't be such a big deal at all.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    "Brooklyn Bronx Queens and Staten from the battery to the top of Manhatten

Asian, Middle Eastern and Latin, Black, White New York you make it happen...

We come together on the subway cars diversity unified whoever you are..."

All PJ fans have every right to travel to anywhere they damn well please to have a PJ show vacation. Computers and the internet have no pre-set bias against anyone getting in and getting tickets.

That being said, put me down on the going to both list and let all know where the party spots pre and post are going to be. I'm more than likely flying solo, so anyone who wants to party, PM me.
    I have a pretty low 10 club number and I am looking to trade one of my night 1 tickets for a night 2. Perhaps if we trade you could upgrade your location, depending on where yours ends up and where mine ends up (hoping for that random draw too of course). Let me know if you want to keep in touch and perhaps trade come show date times.

I may also be able to trade one of mine for the PHI, DC, CT and BOS shows too.

Cheers and as always-Peace to all Jammers
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    Normally I take this stuff in stride, but today i'm really upset
    I have a very fast connection and kept refreshing and it got me nothing but frustration
    Past tours with a lot of patience and the tkt gods on my side i've gotten tix, but lately all shut outs (the Vic, Ed solo, and now the mighty MSG)
    Why have i been a loyal dues paying member all these many years if i can't at least get priority to buy tix over fans with less seniority?
    Especially if tix are more limited.

My coworker is huge deadhead and they still do it the old fashion way-through the mail and then in order of seniority

If i don't get tix because they run out of allocation before they get to my #, fine but imo its not fair less senior members get in and others like me continue to get shut out
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    I figured there would be flames from my posting. Problem is that I just can't make other shows. The summer is extremely busy for me at work and I was looking forward to my two hometown shows, because most likely I can't make any others. I have to take time off work to go to Hartford if I go. Again, to those angry and calling us names... I have no problem with out of towners, I myself am the son of an immigrant... so don't wave that flag. I just am pissed off at seeing people around the world bragging about their Tenclub tickets for both shows while a native New Yorker gets stuck with the regular on sale. There is nothing xenophobic about it. Anyone here who lives near a very popular venue knows how upsetting it is to get no fan club seating in their own hometown. It almost defeats the purpose of being in the fan club. Almost. I would still get great seats elsewhere but it sucks that I can't get Fan Club seating in my hometown. Re-read... Fan Club seating in my own hometown. Re-read it again. That's it. Of course most people disagree... because most people here don't have this problem.
  • Options
    haha

I was complaining about the same thing
    So... I signed on today to get tickets for the two NYC shows about 10 min before presale time. No problem... I can navigate the site.... until the time hits and the site crashes. First time around, I had to wait 30 min before it came back up... and tickets were sold out. Second time around, I actually got in and went to checkout... except when I clicked the SUBMIT button with my credit card info (the final step!)... the site crashed... then over ONE HOUR passed before I could get back in, and not only did my order not go through, but of course all tickets were sold out.

Here's my major beef.... all of the southern shows still have fan club tickets available, but the ENTIRE COUNTRY tries to get NYC tickets, and use native New Yorkers are locked out of our own hometown show. I have three close friends who also are Tenclub members, and two of them also were locked out because the site crashed, but one of them did get tickets for 1 show. Sorry but this is not fair. Every time I go to a NYC area PJ show, it's mostly packed with out of towners, even foreigners. This is cool to have so many people want to come here to watch the best band in the best venue, but New York residents should be first in NYC area presales, just like we were the only ones eligible for the Letterman tickets 2 yrs ago.

Face it PJ.. when you play The Garden, don't greet the crowd with "hello New York City". Understand that the majority of NYC Pearl Jam fans are home waiting for the bootlegs because they couldn't get tickets to their own hometown show. That's an extremely difficult part of being a fan club member in this city.... the fact that I have to settle for guaranteed tickets in... Hartford, CT??? Why should I have to settle? Because someone else's town sucks they have to eat up my hometown seats? Go home.

Peace in the crease,

One Pissed-off Fan
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Why should a New Yorker fight for nosebleeds when people from Europe come away with prime seating for both shows? This is my hometown. How would you guys feel if your hometown show was sold out because it was full of tourists? You would be a lot less pleased with your 300 level seats wouldn't you? This is why the Letterman thing was for New Yorkers only. I'm not saying give us everything. But give us our own priority presale of maybe half of the presale tickets.

Let the tourists go through Ticketmaster. I'm a fan club member and this is my hometown show... which will have its fan club section filled with people from somewhere else. That's not a NYC show. It's an Atlantic Ocean show.

I've been on the lawn for PJ shows, and I've been way up close. Just enjoy the concert. It's kind of fun being in bad seats every once in a while...it's a much different experience. Just get 2 tickets on the on-sale date and don't sweat it. I hear what you are saying, but I am in the Boston area and the same thing has happened to me. I have a really good number but had awful fanclub seats from Mansfield #1, 03. The music is the music...we all know what the band looks like.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    I'm with you Jules
    I have the same work issue about other dates and the fact that i'm traveling when they're in South Fla (aka NYC South)

Fans around here are pretty great, i sold extra 10c tix for face last tour and bought them as well
    but this will be 1st NY show i'm not able to go on my own tix and i feel i have every right to be upset about it

Good luck and keep the faith when y're done being pissed
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    oxypoetoxypoet Posts: 55
    Thanks, but it's just not fair that I do not get fan club seats in my own hometown. Pairing up with a friend who did get his seats isn't an option, because he has to take his wife. Hell I already had my ticket partners lined up. They're going to be just as upset as me that we're going to be in the nosebleeds. Makes me not want to go to be honest. But thanks for the sympathy. It really was just an angry vent. I'm very disappointed to see people from London touting that they got tickets for both shows to a venue I grew up going to, and is 26 blocks from where I work. Just ain't right ya know.

Agreed, and I work ACROSS THE STREET from MSG and it's going to rip my heart out to miss the show. I know, I know, "Buy from Ticketbastard". Fortunately, I got shows for the second show, or I would have been up in a bell tower somewhere throwing water balloons (sorry, don't own a rifle).

You can't please anyone, I understand, but it just plain sucks that we can't get tickets to a show in our own home town. And to all the lucky folks that got tickets to both shows, and you live outside of the Tri-State area, I appreciate the advice. I'll buy regular tickets in the upper deck somewhere, and then you can trade your seats on the floor to me, since those seats will be just as good. Thanks!
    7/9/03, MSG II
    5/4/06, Letterman Aftershow
    6/1/06, East Rutherford
    6/3/06, East Rutherford
    6/25/08, MSG II
  • Options
    oxypoet wrote:
    And to all the lucky folks that got tickets to both shows, and you live outside of the Tri-State area, I appreciate the advice. I'll buy regular tickets in the upper deck somewhere, and then you can trade your seats on the floor to me, since those seats will be just as good. Thanks!

That's the spirit!

(You're missing the point)
  • Options
    smokenatreesmokenatree Posts: 100
    haha

I was complaining about the same thing
    I agree it is ridiculous that I cannot get a ticket in my own town because some idiots from London and from all over the united states think its cool to come to manhattan and see pearl jam. There is nothing cool about manhattan. I would like to see how others would take it if they were shut out of a venue near their home. This is awful. Now I will have to go to virginia beach and columbia sc to see a band I could have saw with a 30 minute commute at msg. Unf---ing believeable.
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    That's the spirit!

(You're missing the point)

Why is it selfish to ask that you get priority on something in your own hometown? I would love for the whole world to watch the show and enjoy the Garden... I just feel that my taxpaying money has earned me the right to have better seats than you. If there were 2 presales, that would be fair. First one for residents, second one for everyone, then the general onsale via Ticketmaster.

If you recall, the Letterman show 2 yrs ago was NY resident only, because otherwise the entire planet would be after it... so the concept is not without precedent.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    Why is it selfish to ask that you get priority on something in your own hometown? I would love for the whole world to watch the show and enjoy the Garden... I just feel that my taxpaying money has earned me the right to have better seats than you. If there were 2 presales, that would be fair. First one for residents, second one for everyone, then the general onsale via Ticketmaster.

If you recall, the Letterman show 2 yrs ago was NY resident only, because otherwise the entire planet would be after it... so the concept is not without precedent.

The Letterman show was free, so EVERYONE would have applied for tickets, no matter where they lived.
  • Options

How many seats was the Letterman gig? A couple hundred?

MSG is 20,000+.

I'll say it again: you will get tickets if you want to. You may not see every wrinkle on the guys' faces, but trust me you will have a good time.

Besides, are you going just to be seen in the good seats, or is the music the most important part? Think about it.
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    How many seats was the Letterman gig? A couple hundred?

MSG is 20,000+.

I'll say it again: you will get tickets if you want to. You may not see every wrinkle on the guys' faces, but trust me you will have a good time.

Besides, are you going just to be seen in the good seats, or is the music the most important part? Think about it.

If you feel that way, stop posting on the forums asking to buy someone's ticket pair for you and your girlfriend. You and her should go to the regular on sale. You are a hypocrite. I'm not asking for anyone else's tickets. Just priority over tourists. And to the guy above... Letterman would have attracted anyone who COULD be in NYC at the time, and that is no different than what is happening now. If you're going to fly to NYC to see a show, the ticket price is the least of your costs.
  • Options
    If you feel that way, stop posting on the forums asking to buy someone's ticket pair for you and your girlfriend. You and her should go to the regular on sale. You are a hypocrite. I'm not asking for anyone else's tickets. Just priority over tourists. And to the guy above... Letterman would have attracted anyone who COULD be in NYC at the time, and that is no different than what is happening now. If you're going to fly to NYC to see a show, the ticket price is the least of your costs.

I am about the farthest thing from a hypocrite. If someone responds to my post and has 2 tickets I'll be psyched. I'm not saying I don't want good seats, what I am saying is that if I have to resort to TM tickets I will live. I am not begging for someone's tickets. I just know that 10C'ers sometimes coordinate getting tickets with other fans and sometimes they realize they have an extra pair when the dust settles. Nowehere in my post did I say I would be devastated if no-one was able to help me out. Trust me, I was a little bummed when I got shut out of night 1, but I will get tickets somehow and I will have a great time.
  • Options
    ProteusProteus Posts: 166
    I got locked out too.

Then my thread for ranting about it got locked too.

If I get a pair to this show after all, after all the infuriating and humiliating jazz that happened today, I will sell it to some dummy from out of town for 1000 dollars, and then advise them to find a nice, affordable hotel near Yankee stadium.

Until then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh_ex3VGHIM
    FUEL AND RELEASE!!! happiness is good FOR AN hour... FUEL AND RE-LEASE!!! happines is good FOR an HOU-ER.
    --P. Farrell
  • Options
    oo with the $1000 u can go to the 2nd leg shows

Proteus wrote:
    I got locked out too.

Then my thread for ranting about it got locked too.

If I get a pair to this show after all, after all the infuriating and humiliating jazz that happened today, I will sell it to some dummy from out of town for 1000 dollars, and then advise them to find a nice, affordable hotel near Yankee stadium.

Until then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh_ex3VGHIM
  • Options
    GONEGONEGONEGONE Posts: 20
    Reading these posts makes me sick. We are so lucky to have the option to drive to D.C., Virginia, or Florida for that matter. We are also so very lucky that PJ realizes how many great fans(excluding the ones bitching out there) they have on the east coast. Thanks to PJ for coming back east! Buy general public tix and chill out. Maybe you'll get great seats for Hartford? But I know you still wouldn't be happy with that. And please stop ripping on Europeans. They have nothing to do with this. Props to them. I wouldn't fly all the way to Europe just to see a show unless I had planned it for years, and that is nearly impossible to plan. Get a Life.
    Ed Montreal 1!
    Ed NY 2!
    Hartford 08!!
    MSG 2 08!!
    MSG 1 08!!
    Lollapalooza 07!!!!!!!!
    E. Rutherford 06
    E. Rutherford 06
    Camden 2 06
    Hartford 06
    Albany 06
    Philly 05
    Montreal 05
    Boston 04
    Holmdel 03
    Mansfield 3 03
    MSG 1 03
    Albany 03
    Philly 03
    Jones Beach 2 00
    Hartford 98
    Hartford 96
  • Options
    NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    If today was the general onsale and no one was able to get pre-sale tickets, we wouldnt even have these silly discussions of who is buying tickets from where. Bottom line is, we ALL want tickets... we dont always get what we want... too fuckin bad. Try other avenues... Ticketmaster onsale...Stubhub... if you have the means, there is a way to get tickets.

stop the damn bitching once and for all...

and NO... I didnt get tickets for either MSG show myself either...
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • Options
    solat1973solat1973 Posts: 131

I don't really think ur a real fan ur just a little kid who has never been to a show before what are u like 15 years old.. just buy them from tickbastard
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange.
  • Options
    I figured there would be flames from my posting. Problem is that I just can't make other shows. The summer is extremely busy for me at work and I was looking forward to my two hometown shows, because most likely I can't make any others. I have to take time off work to go to Hartford if I go. Again, to those angry and calling us names... I have no problem with out of towners, I myself am the son of an immigrant... so don't wave that flag. I just am pissed off at seeing people around the world bragging about their Tenclub tickets for both shows while a native New Yorker gets stuck with the regular on sale. There is nothing xenophobic about it. Anyone here who lives near a very popular venue knows how upsetting it is to get no fan club seating in their own hometown. It almost defeats the purpose of being in the fan club. Almost. I would still get great seats elsewhere but it sucks that I can't get Fan Club seating in my hometown. Re-read... Fan Club seating in my own hometown. Re-read it again. That's it. Of course most people disagree... because most people here don't have this problem.

whoah there!

i haven't seen people "bragging about their Tenclub tickets", just posting on the usual "who's going to concert X" threads to try and arrange meet-ups etc.

you're in the fan club, like many other people, to give you the chance to get tickets to any concert, not to get guaranteed tickets to shows in your home town/state/country.

that's the way it works, like it or not it's going to be the same in a limited number of venues around the world.
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    scottnarscottnar Posts: 6
    I gotta disagree with all disgruntled new yorkers. NYC is the capital of the world, you gotta expect that people from all over will come to your city. Every show i go to is a minimum travel time of 3 hours from rochester ny. You'll get tickets don't sweat it
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    I am about the farthest thing from a hypocrite. If someone responds to my post and has 2 tickets I'll be psyched. I'm not saying I don't want good seats, what I am saying is that if I have to resort to TM tickets I will live. I am not begging for someone's tickets. I just know that 10C'ers sometimes coordinate getting tickets with other fans and sometimes they realize they have an extra pair when the dust settles. Nowehere in my post did I say I would be devastated if no-one was able to help me out. Trust me, I was a little bummed when I got shut out of night 1, but I will get tickets somehow and I will have a great time.

You've been saying to wait for the general onsale... yet here you are trying to buy someone's ticket pair in this topic: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=278505

If you believe it so, then why not wait for the onsale for you and your girlfriend? Why would a fan sell BOTH his tickets for a show to you?

And to the naysayers above. I'm not ripping on Europeans, or Australians or whomever. I like that these people come to NYC and enjoy. I just do not like that I did not get FAN tickets in my own HOMETOWN because they ate them all up.

Allow me to explain it in your terms.... if they played in your trailer park and you couldn't get tickets because all of the other trailer parks in the county took them, wouldn't you be mad?
  • Options
    nykoellenykoelle Posts: 80
    The garden is huge, you'll be fine with general tickets. Won't be up so close, but you just need to hear :)

Sorry for your poor luck, I understand completely.
  • Options
    can someone just set up one of those poll threads where we can all fill in an 'i got MSG tickets and i'm from XXXX' vote and we'll see how many NY/NJ/East Coast vs Cheese-Eating-Surrender-Monkies got tickets and just stop this whining once and for all! ;)

most of the MSG threads seem to be filled with NY/NJ people with or without tickets, plus a handful of others who've travelled all over the place to see the band, and a few others (ahem!) who've never seen the band anywhere but their own country.

i was thrilled to get MSG tickets and looking forward to going to see the band in their own country but... :(