New version of Release....from OUT OF THE FURNACE

1235»

Comments

• Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    Yes, the link would be appreciated
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,330
    Rewatched Out of the Furnace last night. 
    So did Ed write a whole albums worth of music for the movie?
    apparently. and the director of the film said "it's incredible stuff that you will never hear" in a type of mocking fashion that made me cry into my stickman pillow.
    Very sad it'll never get heard. Wish Ed changed his mind and released this work. 

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    demetrios said:
    apparently. and the director of the film said "it's incredible stuff that you will never hear" in a type of mocking fashion that made me cry into my stickman pillow.
    Very sad it'll never get heard. Wish Ed changed his mind and released this work. 

could it be something like he was contracted to write music for the film but the producers "own" the masters and can decide what gets released?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• pthomnpthomn Posts: 114
    demetrios said:

is there anywhere to watch or a link?
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    pthomn said:
    demetrios said:

Wherever movies are sold
    I miss igotid88
    Air23 said:
    Yes, the link would be appreciated

I'll hook ya up this evening. 
    pthomn said:
    demetrios said:

It's available now on Amazon Prime.

• southpsouthp Posts: 265
    Reviving this thread from the dead - I was just listening to Release on Amazon Music. I chose the original version of Ten (purple cover, not Brendan Obrien Redux) which streams in HD or Atmos. Put on headphones and it sounds amazing! What I didn’t expect…Within seconds of hearing Eddie’s voice I knew it was the Out of the Furnace version and sure enough it was “dear Rod”. Either this is a mistake or PJ have retconned Ten with the 2013 Release? 

I’m ok with it because I really like the vocal performance but find it slightly odd that the only supposedly original version of Ten that I can stream has the new version of Release. Can any Spotify or Apple Music users confirm if it’s the same thing on their stream?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    southp said:

I’m ok with it
    You shouldn't be.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • southpsouthp Posts: 265
    can anyone confirm its the same on Spotify or Apple?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    purple version on apple music canada is the original Release (dear dad)
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• GarasaurasGarasauras Ontario Posts: 230
    purple version on apple music canada is the original Release (dear dad)
    But the Atmos version of Ten is the Dear Rod version on Apple Canada