Options

Pearl Jam Announces Summer 2014 European Tour

Comments

• Options
    What do you guys think are the chances for a separate 10c section in front at the Amsterdam show?

There was one at the 2012 shows... Hope there will be one again ;)
    I think/hope they will do..
    I saw Muse, Iron Maiden and Volbeat @ ZiggoDome and it's to crowded if there isn't a front section.
    Antwerp 2006 Nijmegen 2007 Rotterdam 2009 Berlin 2009 Manchester 2009 London 2009 Dublin 2010 Belfast 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Berlin 2010 Manchester I 2012 Amsterdam I 2012 Amsterdam II (Hell Yeah!!) 2012 Berlin II 2012 EV Amsterdam I 2012 Brad Utrecht 2013 Amsterdam I 2014 Amsterdam II 2014 Berlin 2014
  • Options
    No Spain :fp:
    Leeds 2014 / Milton Keynes 2014 / Barcelona 2018 / Lisboa 2018
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,093
    So which countries do you think will be easiest / cheapest to travel between? I won't be able to make the UK dates as I'm away :fp: :( but would like to do more than one show in Europe. I'm tempted to do Amsterdam as it looks like they could add another show, but i'm also thinking i should do the Wulhheide because everyone raves about it here :D (but i can't do both). I suppose i'm thinking Vienna to Berlin or Berlin to Stockholm?

Any suggestions/feedback would be great, thanks
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,027
    Kloddz wrote:
    jlj_swe wrote:
    Friends Arena in Stockholm...really bad choice unfortunately.

I saw Iron Maiden at Friends Arena and soundwise is was undoubtly the worst show I have ever been to. I couldn't hear anything of the song and the guitars sounded terrible...and we moved around the floor to different places hoping the sound would improve. But it was shit everyhere.

A few weeks ago I saw Black Sabbath there as well, and then they had divided the arena in half, and then the sound was good. But then there were only 26,000 ppl there compared to 60,000 on Maiden.

Anyway; I have entered the pre-sale of course, but it would be interesting to know what chances I have to get tickets for Stockholm? How many will TC get and let their members be able to buy them?
    I guess they will divide it for PJ as well, I just don't see them selling out a 60'000 capacity show... Or will they?

And logically, the chances for 10c tickets should be the best here, as it has the largest capacity of all the venues? Anyways, good luck!

Layout for PJ, not the full capacity and a separate front section :

http://friendsarena.se/Global/Evenemang ... preset=720
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    jlj_swejlj_swe Posts: 175
    Kloddz wrote:
    jlj_swe wrote:

I saw Iron Maiden at Friends Arena and soundwise is was undoubtly the worst show I have ever been to. I couldn't hear anything of the song and the guitars sounded terrible...and we moved around the floor to different places hoping the sound would improve. But it was shit everyhere.

A few weeks ago I saw Black Sabbath there as well, and then they had divided the arena in half, and then the sound was good. But then there were only 26,000 ppl there compared to 60,000 on Maiden.

Anyway; I have entered the pre-sale of course, but it would be interesting to know what chances I have to get tickets for Stockholm? How many will TC get and let their members be able to buy them?
    I guess they will divide it for PJ as well, I just don't see them selling out a 60'000 capacity show... Or will they?

And logically, the chances for 10c tickets should be the best here, as it has the largest capacity of all the venues? Anyways, good luck!

Thanks, I just saw that they will divide the arena for the PJ show. Hopefully this will increase the chances of getting a decent sound as it did for Sabbath.

About the pre-sale question, I guess there are no specific number of tickets that is available in the draw then?
    Stockholm 1992-02-07
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 1995-08-12
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Lisbon 2010-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28

https://artbyjoachim.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    mrk2 wrote:
    Kloddz wrote:
    jlj_swe wrote:

Layout for PJ, not the full capacity and a separate front section :

http://friendsarena.se/Global/Evenemang ... preset=720
    Yes that looks about right... And I'm guessing the 10c GA tix will be in the purple area then. I'd love to go to Stockholm again but can't do both Berlin and Stockholm... Might try for Stockholm tix if I miss out on Wuhlheide though.
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • Options
    sonnasonna Posts: 377
    Train hop to Leeds it is then. I'd imagine there will be more dates added though. Happened for the last Euro tour.
    29/05/2000
    17/08/2009
    22/06/2010
    23/06/2010
    20/06/2012
    21/06/2012
    08/07/2014
  • Options
    what about Eddie solo tour, anybody here hear something about it????????????????
    because i am from brazil and i wanna do Eddie solos, if i buy tickets now to Europe and than they annouce his solos concerts ill be completaly fucked up =(
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Good Morning Europe
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Byrnzie wrote:
    DavieB wrote:
    Even with a new arena, still no Glasgow or Scotland. I'm out of this tour.

I'm pretty sure they'll add more dates. Hopefully they'll go to S.E Asia too next year, as that's where I plan to be.

The calendar does have a few spots where there are noticable gaps.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,269
    nice fuckin date..

hmm..will be cool amsterdam was in the mix and not 1srt.,but..

will and a second show for sure,there..

amsterdam to berlin im there..lets see
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    OffRampOffRamp Aberdeen, Scotland Posts: 76
    Loads of gaps in that schedule, gotta be more announcements. T in the Park?

1996 London Wembley Arena
    2000 Glasgow
    2003 Irvine 2, San Diego
    2006 London Astoria, Verona, Milan
    2009 London Shepherds Bush, Manchester, London O2
    2010 Belfast
    2012 Manchester 1, Oslo, Copenhagen

2014 Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2, Leeds

• Options
    OffRampOffRamp Aberdeen, Scotland Posts: 76
    DavieB wrote:

Keep the faith, min!

1996 London Wembley Arena
    2000 Glasgow
    2003 Irvine 2, San Diego
    2006 London Astoria, Verona, Milan
    2009 London Shepherds Bush, Manchester, London O2
    2010 Belfast
    2012 Manchester 1, Oslo, Copenhagen

2014 Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2, Leeds

• Options
    DavieBDavieB Posts: 222
    OffRamp wrote:
    DavieB wrote:

Keep the faith, min!

Ha! I'm from Aberdeen too man, you should know that optimism is rationed up here...
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 951
    Awesome news!
    Just trying to remember when my friends wedding is so it doesnt clash with the UK dates. Being best man not sure I could duck out the wedding early :lol:
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,566
    edited December 2013
    Chazz wrote:
    So which countries do you think will be easiest / cheapest to travel between? I won't be able to make the UK dates as I'm away :fp: :( but would like to do more than one show in Europe. I'm tempted to do Amsterdam as it looks like they could add another show, but i'm also thinking i should do the Wulhheide because everyone raves about it here :D (but i can't do both). I suppose i'm thinking Vienna to Berlin or Berlin to Stockholm?

Berlin - Stockholm - Oslo is easy travel. Stockholm and Oslo are also in the weekend. Oslo and Stockholm aint cheap though, but travelling doesnt need to be that expensive.
    Post edited by Niko80 on
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    kinda happy would have liked a Manchester or Birmingham gig though this is my first forum post been a member for 5 years and never got round to it iv entered for 3 lottery tickets whats the chance of getting all 3? again my first normally but on day of general release no good with computers
  • Options
    No Irish date which is strange, its the first stop of Europe wonder why they can't play. Looks like I'll not be seeing them to 2015
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    What a bunch of hypocrites.
    Accuse ticketmaster of over inflated ticket prices, then charge £75 per ticket for the Milton Keynes show.
    They can get f&@ked.
    Disappointed.
  • Options
    Accuse ticketmaster of over inflated ticket prices, then charge £75 per ticket for the Milton Keynes show.
    They can get f&@ked.
    Disappointed.

Ridiculous man, even if they played an Irish show I would refuse to pay a price like that, that would translate to over 90 euro
  • Options
    BigdaBigda Posts: 469
    Chazz wrote:

stockholm to gdynia, PL would be fun - ferry ride and great/a lot cheaper than in Sweden stay.. plus one of the best festivals in Europe if you are keen in festivals, of course..
    Prague '95 (w/Neil Young), Warsaw '96, Seattle '98, Katowice x2 '00, Berlin '00, Berlin '06, Katowice '07, Copenhagen '07, Belfast '10, Berlin '10, Amsterdam '12, Prague'12, Berlin x2 '12, Vienna '14, Berlin '14..
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    I'm in for Italy, Vienna and Berlin. Amsterdam and Stockholm, I'l have to think.

Looks like Wuhlheide wont get a second one. :cry:
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    Niko80 wrote:

Berlin - Stockholm - Oslo is easy travel. Stockholm and Oslo are also in the weekend. Oslo and Stockholm aint cheap though, but travelling doesnt need to be that expensive.

How do you do that travel? Any ideas? diebahn.de?
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 951
    They can get f&@ked.
    Disappointed.

Ridiculous man, even if they played an Irish show I would refuse to pay a price like that, that would translate to over 90 euro
    Sweet, more chance I can get a ticket
  • Options
    They can get f&@ked.
    Disappointed.

Sweet, more chance I can get a ticket
    Some of us don't have a good income man. I couldn't justify spending that amount of money on a ticket
  • Options
    Milton Keynes bowl has a capacity of 65,000.
    Suppose they only fill 50% of the seats.
    That's £4.8 million in ticket sales for one show.

This one is for the fans, yeah right.
  • Options
    TO42596TO42596 The Netherlands Posts: 141
    jumbojet wrote:
    Niko80 wrote:

For Vienna - Berlin, I just booked an AirBerlin flight on the 26th in the morning for €48.
    2000 London I
    2006 Arnhem & Prague
    2012 Amsterdam I & II / EV Amsterdam II
    2013 Buenos Aires & Wrigley Field / Brad Utrecht / Soundgarden Oslo & Amsterdam
    2014 Amsterdam I & II, Vienna, Berlin & Leeds / Soundgarden Santiago, Utrecht & Tilburg
    2016 MSG I & II, Quebec City, Fenway Park I & II
    2018 Amsterdam I & II, Krakow & Berlin
    2022 Stockholm, Copenhagen, Amsterdam & Toronto
    2023 Austin I & II
  • Options
    False_BeliefFalse_Belief Cardiff Posts: 750
    Yes, it's expensive. But don't forget that they were backed by some serious major label money in the 90s when the whole Ticketmaster thing was going down. Think about what it must cost for a US band to put together an European tour at some pretty big venues. Think of the cost of flights, the cost of haulage, flying all that gear over, road crew and tour personnel salaries, lighting rigs, sound equipment, putting up the stage (Milton Keynes specifically I guess), the cost of actually hiring the arenas in the first place.

Whether we enjoy parting with that sort of money or not (and I really don't!), £75 is about the going rate these days for most arena level bands.

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• Options
    oh what to do? we're in ireland and it's our wedding in august so would love to avoid the cost of travelling to see them so am tempted to wait and see when they would announce more dates BUT don't want to miss out on 10c tickets, again! can anyone remember how soon after the announcement last time they announced more dates? i can't. knowing my luck we'd get tickets for amsterdam then they would announce belfast or dublin :lol: also, i've never entered the draw for tickets, wonder what the success rate is like.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    TO42596 wrote:
    jumbojet wrote:
    Niko80 wrote:

For Vienna - Berlin, I just booked an AirBerlin flight on the 26th in the morning for €48.
    Is it a refundable/flexible fare?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435