Options

Eddie Vedder - Australian Solo Tour - Shows ADDED

Comments

• Options
    I'm agreeing with what has been said about the ridiculous prices that scalpers having been asking for on ebay etc, but does anyone have an issue with selling spare tix at face value + cc charges? Just don't want to be reported as a scammer :) I still need to offload 2 melb 19th tickets & have had no takers so far.
  • Options
    MT132914MT132914 Posts: 188
    pn262980 wrote:
    I'm agreeing with what has been said about the ridiculous prices that scalpers having been asking for on ebay etc, but does anyone have an issue with selling spare tix at face value + cc charges? Just don't want to be reported as a scammer :) I still need to offload 2 melb 19th tickets & have had no takers so far.

they put them up at those prices because they know someone will buy them.
    It is the same reason venues charge stupid prices for food and beverages, $5 for a water, $15 for a beer, they can do it because people will pay as they only have 2 choices, either pay it, or go thirsty. Rest assured if people banded together and stopped paying outragous prices, then the price will come down.
  • Options
    PB190357PB190357 Perth, Australia Posts: 42
    The money came out of my account. £84 per ticket on Ten Club. Surely that is insane in itself? I thought it was in AUD per pair at 261 but apparently it's American Dollars. :(
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,016
    pn262980 wrote:
    pm sent
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    aus_suz wrote:
    -Emma- wrote:
    Emm wrote:
    Oooooo Thats tricky! .... So all of those tickets are on "hold" until you buy them or throw them back? ... i sound like such a noob :oops:

Yep, but they only stay in your cart for so long, so you can't muck around for long, otherwise they can be bought by somebody else.

If everyone did that it would tie up so many tickets.
    I tried for over 2 hrs today to pull up 2 melb tickets, did not get any in that time.. Not one selection.
    I don't see how anyone got tickets today, was harder than yesterday.

I was only buying single tickets, so on the websites for QPAC, SOH and Ticketek, this method worked fine. If the ticket was further away than the ticket that was already in my cart, I removed it as quickly as the website would allow. So then it went straight back into the system for another fan to buy. I bought in the presale on the SOH and Ticketek sites too.

This doesn't work on Ticketmaster though and I stuffed up with that yesterday. When you look at your cart you still see the ticket that you had selected (which is a bit deceptive when you are in a rush to buy a ticket), but they don't hold that ticket for you.
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    EmmEmm Posts: 196
    aus_suz wrote:
    -Emma- wrote:
    Emm wrote:
    Oooooo Thats tricky! .... So all of those tickets are on "hold" until you buy them or throw them back? ... i sound like such a noob :oops:

Yep, but they only stay in your cart for so long, so you can't muck around for long, otherwise they can be bought by somebody else.

If everyone did that it would tie up so many tickets.
    I tried for over 2 hrs today to pull up 2 melb tickets, did not get any in that time.. Not one selection.
    I don't see how anyone got tickets today, was harder than yesterday.

Just for the record ... i couldn't do what Emma suggested, it wasnt an option, I had to decide if I wanted the tickets I had and then buy them ...i went back 10 mins later and managed to score a second set of better seats ... obviously booted by some one else who was holding them first time around.

Im not sure if people were actually trying to get the front seats or if they were just searching for the best available seats ... which is what I did and how I managed to land 2 sets of tickets ..... i only used the pc as well ... one page.

I feel really bad for every one who missed out, I sold my second set of tickets at cost rice to another VERY happy fan ... im glad I got the 2 sets now .... 1 less set the scalpers got :)
    Breath, breathe, engulfing .... Consuming, so beautiful ... Life ...
  • Options
    loffy81loffy81 Posts: 153
    If any one has a spare for the Tuesday night Brisbane show I would love to go, PM me if you do :)
  • Options
    -Emma- wrote:
    I reported all of the listings on ebay...it is easy to do:

Click on "Report Item" on the listing page and then on the drop downs, select:

--> Prohibited and restricted items

---->Other prohibited or restricted items

>Event ticket resales

Then you can submit the report to ebay.

Unfortunately the QLD government are the only ones who have legislated against ticket scaping so this will only work for Brisbane shows. At the time of listing only one of the 41 listings was for a Brisbane show.
  • Options
    -Emma- wrote:

>Event ticket resales

Unfortunately the QLD government are the only Iones who have legislated against ticket scaping so this will only work for Brisbane shows. At the time of listing only one of the 41 listings was for a Brisbane show.

It's great what you're doing & I'll do the same. I just can't believe firstly that tickets were on Ebay so quickly & second the PRICES!! Saw an ad for Brisbane saying 2 tickets for $500 & then realised it was $500 EACH!! AND OTHERS FOR EVEN MORE!!
    IT HAS TO STOP

:nono:
    it's an inside job today...just breathe
    Brisbane 06 (4th row...blew my mind), Brisbane 09 (stadium seating sucks), Brisbane Ed solo 2011 (2 shows...awesome!)
  • Options
    -Emma- wrote:

>Event ticket resales

Unfortunately the QLD government are the only ones who have legislated against ticket scaping so this will only work for Brisbane shows. At the time of listing only one of the 41 listings was for a Brisbane show.

OK, we report the scalpers on Ebay & then what? Meaning how do we get a chance to buy them for market value?
    I'm obviously not up with the workings if EBay.
    I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE 2 tickets to Brisbane! QPAC was a disaster yesterday :-(
    Any help would be great
    :P
    it's an inside job today...just breathe
    Brisbane 06 (4th row...blew my mind), Brisbane 09 (stadium seating sucks), Brisbane Ed solo 2011 (2 shows...awesome!)
  • Options
    Completely gutted that I missed out on a ticket. Spent 2 hours trying to get one and even visited venues with no luck.
  • Options
    If anyone is interested I'm still looking to swap my 2nd Perth 2 10C ticket for a Perth 1 ticket or just sell it for what it cost me to any Pearl Jam fan on here.

Are you allowed to sell the 2nd 10C ticket for an event to somebody on here? I'm moving to Oz in January and literally won't know anybody. I'm going to the concert but only need a single ticket.

Perth tickets are still available, near the back but you really don't have a terrible seat at that venue.
  • Options

I thought Victoria pioneered the scalping laws? either way at least someone is trying to do something about it.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options

I thought Victoria pioneered the scalping laws? either way at least someone is trying to do something about it.

Only for declared events, or in other words, the AFL grand final.
  • Options
    darbsdarbs Posts: 1
    Hey guys

I have like many others had a terrible experience with trying to get tix. I got a good deal on flights last week from new zealand, missed out on the lottery then when going through the general sale I had the tix before f##king ticket masters site crashed on me and I lost them to never be able to get some more - my laptop very nearly found itself flying out the window!!..I can only make the 16 th show in Melbourne so if anyone has or knows of any tix available I would love to hear from you..my e mail is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:gregdarby@hotmail.com">gregdarby@hotmail.com</a><!-- e --> or pm me

This has been a very frustrating experience and it is somewhat comforting to know there are many others in the same position, I would be really grateful for any help

Cheers

Greg
  • Options

Only for declared events, or in other words, the AFL grand final.

I love how that doesn't stop the corrupt league from selling a $1200 breakfast to go with your ticket. :fp:
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    Emm wrote:
    Just for the record ... i couldn't do what Emma suggested, it wasnt an option, I had to decide if I wanted the tickets I had and then buy them ...i went back 10 mins later and managed to score a second set of better seats ... obviously booted by some one else who was holding them first time around.

Im not sure if people were actually trying to get the front seats or if they were just searching for the best available seats ... which is what I did and how I managed to land 2 sets of tickets ..... i only used the pc as well ... one page.

I feel really bad for every one who missed out, I sold my second set of tickets at cost rice to another VERY happy fan ... im glad I got the 2 sets now .... 1 less set the scalpers got :)

I wasn't trying for front row (but I wouldn't have knocked it back either), but I just wanted tickets that weren't towards the back. I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on flights & accommodation to another city and have a ticket in the nosebleed section :). Obviously the shows sold out, so the single tickets that I was holding in the cart hopefully went to a fan. The asshole scalpers probably would have already had their tickets before me and listed them on ebay before I paid for my ticket.
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

• Options
    mick29mick29 Posts: 37
    i think u underestimate the popularity of eddie at non 10c memebrs fans
    he is a huge name,that can sold out 20 shows in a continent,with even not sell 10c ticket to the member..
    my point is again..no matter the method,lottery ,f5,throw tickets from the tallest building of melbourne with fans try to grab them at the street,he will sold out his shows..
    and again,.,this is 10c pearl jam fans club..NOT eddie vedder..the benefits is for 10c tickets for pj shows and not for eddie
    eddie tix is a plus and its good,memebrs have a shot instead all goes to public sale
    cant complain about something wasnt on your deal as amemebr with the club and they give u this extra and u complain,that didnt score or all 10c memebr cant score..
    and again,no artist will decline the rest of the fans out there only for do shows to fan club memebrs of his band
    we arent even talking about his own fan club..its pj the fan club,not eddies

I certainly don't underestimate the popularity of EV with non PJ fans or even non members. And I think the massive grab for tickets this time around has as much to do with the word of mouth and rave reviews from the last tour that fans and members passed onto others as anything else. Noone wants to miss the show this time around. Which is fine. And I understand your point, and I am not saying that only 10C members should be allowed priority access or whatever and that is the way it has to be, I just think they should use the same system for both and at least give members a fair shot at tickets. Maybe I am annoyed personally I didn't get one show out of three but there has to be a better way (perhaps a system that recognises someone didn't get their first choices, but hey we can give you your third or fourth or fifth choice etc) and my point perhaps is that EV has gotten too big to not have his own fanclub and then whatever the rules are is what they are.

I still agree with others above, as it is the PJ or EV fans that cop the enormous scalper ticket prices because we have missed out first time around. So as I can imagine some feel, its almost like being penalised twice to reach the same objective.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljam is splitting hairs and missing the point imho.

If indeed Eddie could sell out 20 shows then where's the harm in caring for the fan-club (many VERY long serving) members first. It just makes me sick that many of the Faithful will not get to see him this trip.

"PJ fan club not Ed's" ....come on. Eddie of old would never have stood for this shit. If he could sell out 3 shows in a city to just fan club members he'd be, caring for those that have coined up and showed support at 10C, made the faithful happy, earnt his due income, stamped out scalpers and perhaps encouraged non members to sign up.

The only reason I can think of it happening this way, ie: Decade+ 10C members NOT GETTING A SINGLE TICKET is business arrangements that are clearly flawed for fans and or complete ignorance (most likely non malicious) on the artists part that perhaps we the members should think about FUCKING HIGHLIGHTING to 10C in the hope Ed gets word.
    Going to All 5 Australian '09 shows.
  • Options
    Tickets should have your name, so when you go to a show you need to be able to present ID that matches the details on the ticket, otherwise you don't get in.

I've mentioned this heaps on the forum, but I would love to be able to buy single tickets instead of a pair. With the EV ticket lottery there was a limit of one pair for the whole tour, so maybe you could even limit it so you are entitled to one pair for one show or two single tickets for two shows.

• Options
    -Emma- wrote:
    Tickets should have your name, so when you go to a show you need to be able to present ID that matches the details on the ticket, otherwise you don't get in.

I've mentioned this heaps on the forum, but I would love to be able to buy single tickets instead of a pair. With the EV ticket lottery there was a limit of one pair for the whole tour, so maybe you could even limit it so you are entitled to one pair for one show or two single tickets for two shows.

I agree with names on tickets > splendour in the grass do this and if you wanted to on sell you had to contact them direct. Upon entry you had to show ID to verify ticket names.
    1995 • 2006 • 2009 • Adelaide
    2007 • Wembley - London
    2009 • Melbourne
    2010 • Madison Square Garden
  • Options
    mick29mick29 Posts: 37
    -Emma- wrote:

This will be a very valid point to stop scalpers regardless of the show, play, artist, whatever and as you have stated above, if correct that you could only get one pair of tickets to one show, then I fail to see how so many people who have been members longer than myself can miss out, surely the tickets allocated to 10C members to each show wouldn't be so limited (and yes I understand there are a lot of fans), but these venues are not small by any means, especially when only able to get two tickets maximum at a time.
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Still tickets left for both Perth Shows
  • Options
    I missed out on the presale unceremoniously as I had an accident last Friday evening. I am fine but was quite shaken up for a day or two and had completely forgotten about the presale. I wrote to tenclub but all they replied was as follows: We are sorry to hear about your accident. Unfortunately the pre-sale ended several days ago and all fan club tickets sold out. More tickets will be available today through the general sale. You can find more info on these tickets here:
    http://pearljam.com/tour

I have managed to secure a ticket through a fan on this forum for the Sunday evening Brisbane show (thanks to Simon!) and will be travelling from South Africa for that show. Nothing would please me more if someone could offer me a spare for the Sat or Tues show in Brisbane. That would make the trip all that more worth the while.

I cannot believe I lost out on the presale :cry: If anyone can help I would be forever grateful :)
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    Please, if anyone has a spare ticket to one of his Sydney shows, please sell it to me. I have none! Missed out on 10c, presale and yesterday's public sale. I am going to travel from Canberra, since he won't be coming here. :(
    My email: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tivaniw@gmail.com">tivaniw@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->

Tickets to Sydney show are selling at $745 a pair on ebay!

I wouldn't mind digging up my savings and paying that price if it were from the concert organiser, but I just couldn't pay the scalpers. It just doesn't seem fair!

Do you think there'll be more tickets released?

I want to cry. :(
  • Options
    tivani wrote:
    Please, if anyone has a spare ticket to one of his Sydney shows, please sell it to me. I have none! Missed out on 10c, presale and yesterday's public sale. I am going to travel from Canberra, since he won't be coming here. :(
    My email: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tivaniw@gmail.com">tivaniw@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->

I wouldn't mind digging up my savings and paying that price if it were from the concert organiser, but I just couldn't pay the scalpers. It just doesn't seem fair!

Damn I feel for you... :(
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    WickstaWicksta Posts: 100
    tivani wrote:

I've got a spare for State Theatre on Wed 12 Feb if you're interested. It's up the back, row G dress circle but at least you'd be in the room! PM me if you'd like the ticket (face value obviously).
    PJ - Sydney 12 Mar 1998 - Sydney 11 & 14 Feb 2003 - Sydney 8 & 18 Nov 2006 - Sydney 22 Nov 2009 - Prague 2 Jul 2012 - Berlin 4 & 5 Jul 2012 - Stockholm 7 Jul 2012 - Copenhagen 10 Jul 2012 - Wrigley 19 Jul 2013 - Gold Coast 19 Jan 2014 - Melbourne 24 Jan 2014 - Sydney 26 Jan 2014 - Adelaide 31 Jan 2014 - Perth 2 Jan 2014 - Amsterdam 16 & 17 Jun 2014 - Milan 20 Jun 2014 - Trieste 22 Jun 2014 - Vienna 25 Jun 2014 - Berlin 26 Jun 2014 - New York City 1 & 2 May 2016 - Seattle 8 & 10 Aug 2018 - Vancouver 4 & 6 May 2024
    EV - Canberra 15 Mar 2011 - Sydney 18 Mar 2011 - Perth 7 & 8 Feb 2014 - Sydney 11,12 & 13 Feb 2014 - Melbourne 19 Feb 2014 - Brisbane 22, 23 & 25 Feb 2014 - London 6 Jun 2017 - Dublin 9 Jun 2017 - Seattle 21 Feb 2022
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    edited December 2013
    Disgusted that so many people have been shut out of this tour because of the 10 club lottery nonsense, websites crashing and scalpers. I am so grateful I knew about Tuesday's pre-sale and managed to get tickets. I hope everyone who has missed out somehow gets to a show.
    Post edited by EKluvsPJ on
  • Options
    Hi there
    If anyone has a spare 10 Club ticket or general sale for Sydney Wednesday night I would love to come along! I'm coming over from NZ as managed to get a Opera House ticket, also doing three Big Day Outs - huge month for a 20 year fan like me!! Please PM me if you have one, cold beers on offer!!
    Cheers, Brad the Kiwijammer
  • Options
    Hawk JamHawk Jam Melbourne, Australia Posts: 121
    I hope all the pricks selling tickets on ebay lose money