Options

Eddie Vedder - Australian Solo Tour - Shows ADDED

Comments

• Options
    garbsgarbs Posts: 46
    Well I totally forgot the lottery had already been drawn but I checked my email to see I was successful for getting Perth 2. Don't know what I'll do with my second ticket but I'm sure it'll be used somehow.

My only wish about this tour was it was a week later since I would have been on the east coast on a road trip with a Canadian friend of mine but oh well I'll take this anyway.
  • Options
    shithouse form with no adelaide on the list but multiple shows in other cities.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    garbsgarbs Posts: 46
    sideshow77 wrote:
    I got confirmation email for Perth 2 but no money has been taken which is strange.

When I spoke with someone from Ticketek they didn't even know a fan club presale existed :( I have feeling the fan club tickets are going to be average again... {sigh}

My Newcastle and Canberra seats were pretty average but I found both of my Perth seats I got last time were quite good (5th or 6th row back to the right hand side of the stage). I can only hope to get the same seats but hell I'll be happy sitting in the back row for this.
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    I wish the sale times were staggered a bit for each city...I definitely want a ticket for the extra show at the State Theatre, plus I want to try for Melbourne too. Melbourne will probably be sold out by the time I've bought my Sydney ticket.

I tried opening two windows on the ticketmaster site to see what would happen if I tried to buy tickets from 2 different events at the same time. It didn't work for me, so I I think I'll have to buy one show at a time. Early today I rang ticketmaster to ask if you can buy from 2 browser windows and the lady I spoke to said she'd never been asked that question before and she told me I must be a big fan. Even she didn't know!
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    ComatosedComatosed Sydney, Australia Posts: 93
    Hi all. I was lucky enough to get a pair of ten club tickets to the Eddie Vedder solo show at the Opera House in Feb next year. I am going by myself so only need the one ticket. I was hoping there is someone in the same boat as me but with a ticket for the Sydney State Theatre show. Would be perfect if I could get a clean swap. Please contact <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tardo_2001@yahoo.com">tardo_2001@yahoo.com</a><!-- e --> if you are interested.
    Pearl Jam                                                         Eddie Vedder  
    Sydney - 11/3/1995                                           Sydney - 18/3/2011  
     Sydney - 9/3/1998                                            Sydney - 19/3/2011
     Sydney - 11/3/1998                                          Sydney - 13/2/2014
     Sydney - 12/3/1998
     Sydney - 11/2/2003
     Sydney - 13/2/2003
     Sydney - 14/2/2003
     Sydney - 7/11/2006
     Sydney - 8/11/2006
     Sydney - 18/11/2006
     Sydney - 22/11/2009
     Sydney - 26/1/2014

• Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    -Emma- wrote:
    I wish the sale times were staggered a bit for each city...I definitely want a ticket for the extra show at the State Theatre, plus I want to try for Melbourne too. Melbourne will probably be sold out by the time I've bought my Sydney ticket.

I tried opening two windows on the ticketmaster site to see what would happen if I tried to buy tickets from 2 different events at the same time. It didn't work for me, so I I think I'll have to buy one show at a time. Early today I rang ticketmaster to ask if you can buy from 2 browser windows and the lady I spoke to said she'd never been asked that question before and she told me I must be a big fan. Even she didn't know!

If you have an android phone (not sure about i-phone) use it at the same time as your PC and it will be quicker.

Yesterday when I was getting Opera House tickets my phone gave me better seats in a quicker time than my PC, and I thought it was going to time out (because it took so long) but the sale went through.

Good luck :)
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    :( very sad that he's skipping us..... I THOUGHT YOU WERE MY FRIEEEEEND!!!!!
    308d28fd.gif
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    -Emma- wrote:

If you have an android phone (not sure about i-phone) use it at the same time as your PC and it will be quicker.

Yesterday when I was getting Opera House tickets my phone gave me better seats in a quicker time than my PC, and I thought it was going to time out (because it took so long) but the sale went through.

Good luck :)

Thank you :)

I don't have an android phone, but I do have an iPhone. I'm downloading the ticketmaster app, so I'll have that as a backup too :).
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

• Options
    EmmEmm Posts: 196
    Ready .... set ...............
    Breath, breathe, engulfing .... Consuming, so beautiful ... Life ...
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    Good luck to everyone trying for EV tickets today.

I was really lucky in the pre-sales yesterday and managed to get 10th row at Brisbane 23/2

Good luck! :)
  • Options
    JK109224JK109224 Posts: 584
    Opera House website crashed immediately.

Who would have guessed.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    Been in the fan club for 17 years. Never wanted anything but a ticket every few years. Too much to ask obviously. Sorry, I'm not a complainer normally, but it's pathetic really. Demand for these tickets would not be huge and 10c/the band had no problems taking care of fans in the past. Will not be playing the little lottery games in future.

Now can't even get into the public sales. My (and others) loyalty amounts to being thought of as nothing more than just another person wanting a ticket, and well too bad if you miss out. Very little point being in the fan club these days.
  • Options
    mj351mj351 Posts: 218
    about to let go of 2 tickets for melb 1 - on hold -

Melbourne - 16/3/95, 5/3/98, 18/2/03, 20/2/03, 13/11/06, 16/11/06, 20/11/09, EV 24/3/11 EV 25/3/11, 24/1/14, ....
  • Options
    F.BF.B Posts: 20
    JK109224 wrote:
    Opera House website crashed immediately.

Who would have guessed.

LOL, and all the USA fans whinged incessantly about the old Ten Club ticketing.
  • Options
    JK109224JK109224 Posts: 584
    Would have been better off ringing the Opera House direct for tickets I reckon.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    AARRGGHHH!!!!!

The Sydney Opera House website is currently busy
    Tickets to a major event have gone on sale today and we are currently experiencing very heavy traffic to our website. As customers leave our site, new customers will be able to gain entry.

Click here to try again, or alternatively:

To enquire about or book performances please call the Box Office on +61 2 9250 7777.

For information on Guided Tours or Experience Packages, visit us at the Box Office, call +61 2 9250 7250 or email: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tourism@sydneyoperahouse.com">tourism@sydneyoperahouse.com</a><!-- e -->.

For general information call +61 2 9250 7111 or email: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:infodesk@sydneyoperahouse.com">infodesk@sydneyoperahouse.com</a><!-- e -->.

We apologise for any inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.

I give up on this one! Time to jump in the shower and get to work :evil: :cry:
  • Options
    Nabbed me 2 tickets to the last show in Melb ... middle seats but back in the stalls ... better than not being there at all! I'm stoked :D ... if any one has tickets up closer for Melb and doesn't want them let me know ;) not fussed what night .. im currently in the Stalls Row T seats 17 & 18 .... just thought id put it out there ;)
  • Options
    mj351mj351 Posts: 218
    ok, going to melb 2 + 3 - peace is restored

Melbourne - 16/3/95, 5/3/98, 18/2/03, 20/2/03, 13/11/06, 16/11/06, 20/11/09, EV 24/3/11 EV 25/3/11, 24/1/14, ....
  • Options
    JK109224 wrote:
    Would have been better off ringing the Opera House direct for tickets I reckon.

I tried and it never rang once! Didn't get tickets for any of the sydney shows, had 2 for the wednesday night then the system stalled. Oh well, no Ed this time i suppose :cry: :shock:
    1995 • 2006 • 2009 • Adelaide
    2007 • Wembley - London
    2009 • Melbourne
    2010 • Madison Square Garden
  • Options
    willc431994willc431994 Australia Posts: 201
    Wow, that all happened real fast. Hope most of you got lucky.
    Look forward to having a beer with you fine people at the Sydney and Melbourne pre show parties.

To those that missed out, if you are real keen, it is worth going to the venue on the day of the show and seeing if there are any tickets for sale...it happened last time!
  • Options
    willc431994willc431994 Australia Posts: 201
    ok, going to melb 2 + 3 - peace is restored

Happy days...
  • Options
    Unbelievable. Oh well. Not seeing PJ this year nor EV by the looks of it. Unheard of in the past. Times were better when the fan club actually cared less about loyalty. All about the $$ these days.
    I'm sure the scalpers will have a field day on ebay, can't wait to see it.
  • Options
    I just scored closer tickets from ticketmaster so I now have 4 tickets for the same night ... the first two I bought will be for sale so if any one missed out on Melb tickets let me know, Wed night, stall seats Row T seat 17 - 18
  • Options
    So disappointed :( I hate you sydney opera house
  • Options
    Emm wrote:
    I just scored closer tickets from ticketmaster so I now have 4 tickets for the same night ... the first two I bought will be for sale so if any one missed out on Melb tickets let me know, Wed night, stall seats Row T seat 17 - 18

Id be interested Emm. I had tickets in the box then the system stalled and I lost them couldn't get anymore.
    Perth 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Melbourne 13 Nov 2006
    Adelaide 21 Nov 2006
    Adelaide 22 Nov 2006
    Adelaide 2009
    EV Adelaide 27 Mar 2011
    EV Adelaide 28 Mar 2011

'Always amongst the waves'
  • Options
    The tickets went so quickly :(. When I finally tried to buy the tickets that were in my cart, ticketmaster took them out...argh! It's a shame the second state theatre show was announced after the presale.

I will see what is available when Brisbane goes on sale.

I'm just glad I have the tickets that I got yesterday.

• Options
    The ticketmaster system is so bad, I could hardly even get the security words right. I had two tickets then entered all credit card details clicked purchase and it crashed and I lost them then couldn't get anymore. :(
    Makes it worse that there is no Adelaide and your trying to get tickets interstate, spend money to get there, time off work etc and your a Ten club member. Thanks Eddie
    Perth 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Melbourne 13 Nov 2006
    Adelaide 21 Nov 2006
    Adelaide 22 Nov 2006
    Adelaide 2009
    EV Adelaide 27 Mar 2011
    EV Adelaide 28 Mar 2011

'Always amongst the waves'
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    ooba Fox wrote:
    The ticketmaster system is so bad, I could hardly even get the security words right. I had two tickets then entered all credit card details clicked purchase and it crashed and I lost them then couldn't get anymore. :(
    Makes it worse that there is no Adelaide and your trying to get tickets interstate, spend money to get there, time off work etc and your a Ten club member. Thanks Eddie

I found the security words really difficult to read too and that wasted precious time trying to refresh to get a new security word or trying to correctly type it.

There are already tickets listed on ebay...f**kers!

• Options
    ooba Fox wrote:

Not to worry. They're already on ebay for $450, so we really can't complain. Real fans will pay anything right? :roll: :nono:

I'll save my cash and donate to an animal charity instead. They're far more in need of money than Ed is.
  • Options
    MM233350MM233350 Posts: 2
    edited December 2013
    they went waaayyy quicker than expected.
    Post edited by MM233350 on