Options

Ticket prices are consistant and fair.

Comments

• Options
    No, that's not true at all.

I disagree with you. For instance in Detroit 2000 Eddie said "we could see the snow as we touched down". That is just one example but i am sure there are many more.

Another example. June 16 South carolina. Show ends at 11:00 Virginia Beach is 6.5 hours away & they play there the very next day. Do you really think that they are not going to fly?
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    I disagree with you. For instance in Detroit 2000 Eddie said "we could see the snow as we touched down". That is just one example but i am sure there are many more.

Another example. June 16 South carolina. Show ends at 11:00 Virginia Beach is 6.5 hours away & they play there the very next day. Do you really think that they are not going to fly?

What about the Immagine in Cornice dvd? What about all the buses outside the venues in 2006 (SB, SF etc...) that had various signs in the window designating them for specific members of the crew (i.e. sound, lighting etc.)?
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    As long as they are 30% better this tour, I am fine with paying 30% more a ticket.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    What about the Immagine in Cornice dvd? What about all the buses outside the venues in 2006 (SB, SF etc...) that had various signs in the window designating them for specific members of the crew (i.e. sound, lighting etc.)?

They take those buses to and from the hotel and the airport. The sound & lighting guys very well may travel by bus to each show but the "band" most definitely fly to each show.
  • Options
    hmm you guys should work in the "I can research really well and decipher all conversations and prove me point" dept in the gov't
  • Options
    They take those buses to and from the hotel and the airport. The sound & lighting guys very well may travel by bus to each show but the "band" most definitely fly to each show.

Hmm...that still doesn't explain why in the Immagine dvd Ed was on the bus then. :confused:

• Options
    umm I agree with amentchicky here

there is a scene where he is with his daughter , without a seatbelt!!!

and they are saying goodbye to some city

soooooooo

how about they use all forms of transportation

and that is fine with me as long as I get to see them!!!

hoping they do it in an environmentally responsible way

Hmm...that still doesn't explain why in the Immagine dvd Ed was on the bus then. :confused:
  • Options
    I don't know if ticket prices are too high or just right, but I do know that it's more than I can spend this time around. Maybe lawn seats will be more reasonable for my wallet, but right now $75 or so per ticket is a bit much and nobody I know is a big enough fan to pay that much to see them even though I know a few people who have seen PJ live and loved it.

I've seen the Killers for about $35-$40 plus service fees--even their Borgata shows were only about $55 after venue fees and shows there are usually more expensive. At this point, I can see Louis CK or Stephen Lynch and laugh my ass off for an hour or 2 and not have to pay even half of the price of a PJ ticket. I realize that the band has a bigger road crew to pay than comedians do, so it's not like I think they are gouging us, but there are popular bands charging less right now and there are some old washed-up acts from the 60s and 70s charging much more, so I guess their prices are somewhere in the middle and it's hard to get pissed at them for being in the middle, really.
  • Options

soooooooo

Either way, the buses have to get from one show to the next. Why would they fly every single member of the crew to each and every show when the buses are going there anyways...OR...maybe they fly the buses, too? :D

• Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    They fought the good fight for years, and if they want something more for their wallet these days I don't have a problem with it. I'd want to make sure my family was taken care of if God forbid something happened. If they jack up ticket prices and start shortening shows, and playing generic setlists night after night, then I might be inclined to start skipping them...but I doubt that too. Its only money, spend yours on what you want.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    $144 for a pair of great tickets is pretty fucking cheap.
  • Options
    ok now u r just silly

not like this thread
    or site AT ALL

Either way, the buses have to get from one show to the next. Why would they fly every single member of the crew to each and every show when the buses are going there anyways...OR...maybe they fly the buses, too? :D
  • Options
    ok now u r just silly

not like this thread
    or site AT ALL

I'm a big fan of silliness.

• Options
    Italy is smaller than the US, so it might be easier for the band to take a bus from one city to another than to fly. I'd imagine that they'd take a bus from Camden to DC, but would have to fly from Tampa to Bonaroo unless they really enjoy tour buses.
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    Do you people realize you are having a conversation about the method of transportation for a rock band's road crew? The road crew! Who cares!?! At what point do you step back and realize you need a life outside of Pearl Jam?
  • Options
    Italy is smaller than the US, so it might be easier for the band to take a bus from one city to another than to fly. I'd imagine that they'd take a bus from Camden to DC, but would have to fly from Tampa to Bonaroo unless they really enjoy tour buses.

Well, I definitely agree with this. I'm not saying they NEVER fly. LOL. How else would they get to Australia?! LOL

• Options

soooooooo

I will agree that they take all forms of transportation but i would wager they do much more flying than bussing to and from each venue. If im not willing to drive to NYC and i live in Detroit I really dont think the band is going to drive 12 hours when they could fly there in 2 hours.
  • Options
    hey
    I tried that already
    they won't listen

now it is just fun to join

Do you people realize you are having a conversation about the method of transportation for a rock band's road crew? The road crew! Who cares!?! At what point do you step back and realize you need a life outside of Pearl Jam?
  • Options

1. Yes, yes I do.

2. Why are you all in a huff about it? Stranger things have been talked about. And, let's face it, at least there's no bitching going on at the moment.

3. You're kind of mean.

• Options
    ok

why does it matter?

I will agree that they take all forms of transportation but i would wager they do much more flying than bussing to and from each venue. If im not willing to drive to NYC and i live in Detroit I really dont think the band is going to drive 12 hours when they could fly there in 2 hours.
  • Options

Why are you being a smart ass? Who said the road crew flew with the band?
  • Options

Oh golly, I was just goofing around. :rolleyes: I *hate* that every thread gets turned into Grumpfest 2008. :(

• Options
    Oh golly, I was just goofing around. :rolleyes: I *hate* that every thread gets turned into Grumpfest 2008. :(

Sorry i took it seriously.
  • Options
    ha I knew it u r part of the disgruntled crew!

• Options
    Sorry i took it seriously.

The big " :D " smiley should've been your hint. ;)

• Options
    dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    Come on. I understand the pricing, but wasnt the whole ticketmaster thing about keeping prices around 20.00 a show for the fans?

Now I get that 20.00 is now 30.00 15 years later, but where does the other 47.00 come from? Ticket fees are what? 5-10? Gas is expensive I guess. So maybe that's the increase. I get not wanting sponsors, but what the hell is the point in keeping your integrity if it keeps fans at home?

can't they just get a "blue" sponsor?
    20.00 is close to 75, serioulsy.

15 years ago, I was buying gas for 89 to 99 cents a gallon. (today, 3.50)
    15 Years ago, Taco Bell had 3 prices on it's entire menu, .59, .79, .99 (today, 3.99 highest item)
    15 Years ago, Oil changes for $14.99 for the works (today, 42.99)
    15 years ago you could take a date to the move for 10, (today, 30..easy)
    Thes example are 300% mark-up or close to it.
    15 years ago, PJ tickets were 25 bucks, today 75...you do the frakin' math
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    Is there any way we could all agree to agree to disagree and lock this thread? It's making everyone here ANGRY and overshadowing the tour. It's obvious there are two sides of this ticket price thing and fighting about it isn't going to change the ticket price.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkqezCDxTZE
  • Options
    UrohawkUrohawk Posts: 77
    what exactly is bothering you about the tix?

too expensive? don't buy tix

songs lost their meaning to you? don't listen OR better yet write your own songs.

Is it maybe that you put too much faith into a band?

None of the above....I can afford the tix and still enjoy their music. I am really not too wrapped up with the band like some people around here. I just get tired of everyone around here saying PJ and specifically the 10C is so great and they can do no wrong. Anytime someone makes a critical comment around here the fanboys jump all over you for it.

It's also a bit hypocritical for them to preach about low ticket prices, write songs about the poor working man, etc.
    "pearl jam tickets $150 a pair.....
    the pearl jam coloring book....$200
    multi-millionaires singing a song telling me...
    the gas in their tanks...is like money in the bank
    PRICELESS!!!!!!" -SpeedyMcCready...You may be banned but the message lives on!
  • Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    Can we just be happy they are touring at all? :)
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,536
    Well, I definitely agree with this. I'm not saying they NEVER fly. LOL. How else would they get to Australia?! LOL

they have really cool busses.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission