Options

Ticket prices are consistant and fair.

Comments

• Options
    When you go to your job do you tell your employer that he only has to pay you enough to cover your living expenses? I mean just because you can ask for more doesn't mean you should. Plus why is it better to give the money to the venue beer vendors then it is to give it to the band performing. I highly doubt there is a single arena in the world where the band gets a cut of alcohol sales.

I am not saying that Pearl Jam make enough for living expenses only, cause i dont work to live I work to spend the money on concerts, guitars, traveling etc. Whatever money i have left over after the bills are paid is what i worked for.

Its not the $70/ticket that is the problem, its the band that is charging it because of what they stood for in the past.
  • Options
    i don't have to read the bands history, ive been a fan since the beginning, i know about all that shit. . .i admired them greatly for trying to fight ticketmaster, i always thought monopolies were illegal in this country but i guess i was wrong. . .id rather have them try to do it that way though although i realize it was probably a big hassle

Doing it that way we'll be lucky to see 10 shows a year, and for what? to prove a point? How does that help the fans? That's why I love this band they care more about their fans than anyone else, and you people bitch about everything they do for us.
    "So forget the other boys because my love is real.
    Come off your battlefield."
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    Is that a joke? They might enjoy playing to thousands of adoring fans, but i imagine being on the road constantly for months and often going for weeks without seeing your family is much more stressful than what we deal with. Not to mention the toll on Ed's throat after singing for over 2 hours for 70+ shows each tour!

Hahahaha. The justification for higher ticket prices gets funnier and funnier. Yeah i'm sure Ed and the band go months and months without seeing their family. I'm guessing that little girl in the Imagine DVD wasn't really his daughter traveling with him in europe. Must have been an impostor. Spare me the BS....the average person would kill for his job. This is not a valid reason for increasing ticket prices.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    Urohawk wrote:
    As much as I love Pearl Jam they are not U2, Clapton, or the Who. U2 continues to have major success with albums. Clapton has done similarly well with album success in his late career and is a legend. The Who are legends. PJ is a great band who has fallen off average Americans radar. They will always be etched in rock n roll history because of the Seattle Grunge scene. They cont to do well because they have a rabid fan base and put on a great live show.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!! finally someone brings it up

these other acts can charge what they do because they are in high demand...pearl jam isnt in high demand like these other acts are

besides the East Coast, and a few other spots, PJ isnt in high demand where these other acts can go anywhere they want and sell out hence why they can charge the amount they do for tickets in the hundreds of dollars
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,774
    the 17-22 year old pearl jam fan who the band fought for back in the mid-90's with low ticket prices is now like 28-33 years old and should be financially secure enough by now to afford a $70 concert ticket
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    For today's economy, there is nothing wrong with the prices PJ are charging for their shows. If anyone recall one of the recent interviews Ed game in RS, he already hinted that ticket prices would HAVE to be raised due to wear and tear on the body, economy, etc. I would quote the article, but RS's search function is far from useful, so I can't locate it right now.

Well done PJ/10C...these are still very reasonable prices for the type of show we get. I hope everyone has some basic understanding of Economics 101 and can accept this maturely.

But I thought only white male Republicans were thriving in this economy? You know, all of Ed's speeches about "Green Disease" and all of that? I thought it was the "haves" just taking taking taking from the "have-nots," and that PJ was the voice for all those "have-nots"?

:rolleyes:

In 2008, they're currently a step below Kiss-like marketing, and that's in of itself is not a criticism as I fucking LOVE Kiss. Kiss were never pretentious about it. I just don't like all the rhetoric about the evils of consumerism and greed and then doing shit like this and jumping into a limo with his entourage and Cameron Diaz or whatever.

In '91 when they were breaking, they were a fresh of breath air, going against all the over-the-top stuff (note that I liked all that and still do, but it was still a breath of fresh air). Now we get books with pictures of posters, with a $200 limited edition version. Again, *I don't care* that they sell stuff, I like to make money too. I just don't like the postering & pretention.

As far as cost, Poison tours every summer with a big stage production (not just a silver bat or whatever the hell that thing is) and only charge $40 for arena and like $20 for lawn. And they make a shitload of money.

So I don't buy this stuff about needing to charge more due to rising costs and all of that. Pearl Jam just wants to make more money. Nigga please.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    Hahahaha. The justification for higher ticket prices gets funnier and funnier. Yeah i'm sure Ed and the band go months and months without seeing their family. I'm guessing that little girl in the Imagine DVD wasn't really his daughter traveling with him in europe. Must have been an impostor. Spare me the BS....the average person would kill for his job. This is not a valid reason for increasing ticket prices.

I wasn't using it necessarily as justification for higher ticket prices. Someone claimed that our jobs are more stressful than the band's, and i just happen to disagree. Sure, his daughter and girlfriend went to shows, but they didn't go to all of them. On one of the Brisbane '06 bootlegs, Ed mentions that he feels bad because it's Jill's birthday and he's not with her. I imagine that must be a horrible feeling.
    We all have idealised notions of the glamour of being in a band and touring the world. Sure, i bet parts of it are awesome. But the strain on a person's health must be harsh, and the constant travaling would be so tiring.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    On one of the Brisbane '06 bootlegs, Ed mentions that he feels bad because it's Jill's birthday and he's not with her. I imagine that must be a horrible feeling.

It's not a horrible feeling when your husband misses your birthday because he's busy touring with his world famous rock band.....

It's a horrible feeling when your husband misses your birthday because he's working a triple shift so that he can afford to pay the bills.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    It's not a horrible feeling when your husband misses your birthday because he's busy touring with his world famous rock band.....

It's a horrible feeling when your husband misses your birthday because he's working a triple shift so that he can afford to pay the bills.

And the experience you have to make a statement like that is????????????????
  • Options

wow...how can you beat this post
  • Options

That's such a stupid comment. I highly doubt Ed had that kind of mindset. Although the show is awesome to listen to, i bet Ed wished he wasn't playing that night and could be with Jill. There's no way he felt better about not seeing her because of his 'world-famous rock band'.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,881
    im sorry...

im not going to feel sorry for the bands "stressful lifestyle"

these MULTI-MILLIONAIRES are doing something they FUCKING LOVE to do...

the stress of a 10 day tour??? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Ok, this thread's way out of hand. If Pearl Jam wants to make more money, god bless them. I hope that means they'll record and tour more. Like I've said, I've seen a lot of concerts with Way more expensive tickets than this and they sucked in comparison with PJ. I think they deserve more than $70 at this point in their careers and am happy to pay it. Thanks PJ!
  • Options
    And the experience you have to make a statement like that is????????????????

It's an assumption. but a logical one.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    the 17-22 year old pearl jam fan who the band fought for back in the mid-90's with low ticket prices is now like 28-33 years old and should be financially secure enough by now to afford a $70 concert ticket
    its not a question of whether i can. . .its whether i SHOULD be getting charged that much
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    It's an assumption. but a logical one.

Not really. Missing loved ones sucks regardless of the reason.
  • Options
    pjalive21 wrote:
    these other acts can charge what they do because they are in high demand...pearl jam isnt in high demand like these other acts are

If PJ isn't in high demand then you should have no trouble scoring tickets at a much lower price elsewhere. Good luck with that.
  • Options
    not a big corporation but they ARE a business/corporation. what do you think 10 club is? it's a business. yes they are artists but they are also a brand and a commodity.
    now we're gonna blame higher ticket prices on ten club?

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

• Options
    its not a question of whether i can. . .its whether i SHOULD be getting charged that much

I don't want to sound like all the other wannabe economics professors around here.....but again, it's supply and demand. therefore, you SHOULD be charged that much because you'll pay that much. and if you won't pay that much, someone else definitely will.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    now we're gonna blame higher ticket prices on ten club?

no, i never said that or implied that. they have nothing to do with ticket prices. my point was, the entity of pearl jam is a business/corporation with employees and the 10 club is part of that business.
  • Options
    I don't want to sound like all the other wannabe economics professors around here.....but again, it's supply and demand. therefore, you SHOULD be charged that much because you'll pay that much. and if you won't pay that much, someone else definitely will.

Indeed
  • Options
    Doing it that way we'll be lucky to see 10 shows a year, and for what? to prove a point? How does that help the fans? That's why I love this band they care more about their fans than anyone else, and you people bitch about everything they do for us.
    the way it is there are some years there arent 10 show a year (see: last year). . .im not bitching im just stating reality that these tickets arent cheap, i just get tired of reading people posting how fair the prices are, and alot of it isnt the bands fault cause they are in a situation where they almost HAVE to deal with ticketbastard

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,450
    P jam has the choice to charge what they wish. Some fans will still go, and others will refrain.

The band takes the risk of losing some of its audience.

We choose whether or not to go to the shows.

It is what it is.

They act, and we react ( or overreact ).

Life goes on either way.
    There is no great injustice.

No body starves as a result.

How much more can be said?
  • Options
    the way it is there are some years there arent 10 show a year (see: last year). . .im not bitching im just stating reality that these tickets arent cheap, i just get tired of reading people posting how fair the prices are, and alot of it isnt the bands fault cause they are in a situation where they almost HAVE to deal with ticketbastard

At least they make it possible to not go through Ticketmaster at all, what other bands do that?
  • Options
    That's such a stupid comment. I highly doubt Ed had that kind of mindset. Although the show is awesome to listen to, i bet Ed wished he wasn't playing that night and could be with Jill. There's no way he felt better about not seeing her because of his 'world-famous rock band'.

So he couldn't afford to fly her down? If it was that big a deal then he could have scheduled the tour around it. He had the power to do that where as someone having to work triple OT (which someone mentioned above) has no choice. That was such a great post by the way Ledbetterman. Great point.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    P jam has the choice to charge what they wish. Some fans will still go, and others will refrain.

It is what it is.

Life goes on either way.

Judging by this thread, apparently a lot more can be said lol. It's amazing how every little thing can be scrutinized by people on here.

• Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

It is what it is.

Life goes on either way.

This could have been written in paragraph form. to each their own though

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    If PJ isn't in high demand then you should have no trouble scoring tickets at a much lower price elsewhere. Good luck with that.

as far as me trying to score tix? im passing this whole tour, gotta a wedding to pay for

look at SC and FL on sale now? been up almost all day, still there to buy as we speak...where is the high demand?

like i said outside a few states on the East Coast and a select few other places they arent in high demand
  • Options
    pjalive21 wrote:
    as far as me trying to score tix? im passing this whole tour, gotta a wedding to pay for

look at SC and FL on sale now? been up almost all day, still there to buy as we speak...where is the high demand?

like i said outside a few states on the East Coast and a select few other places they arent in high demand

We were planning a wedding too, for Sept, but Ed announced his solo tour, we scored tix and decided to elope in Vancouver right before the 1st show:)
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,450
    This could have been written in paragraph form. to each their own though

And your response could have had proper capitalization/punctuation!
    :)