Options

Calgary Blizzard

Comments

• Options
    if we can't use them, better to make the 'Dome be packed and show the band a good ol fashion Calgary time. I'd be willing to gift my tickets to a friend and spread the karma. Its all about Karma kids.

I like the attitude considering the circumstances!
  • Options
    How does one go about this?
    TJack wrote:
    Unfortunately you can't gift them to anyone of your choice - it's up to the fan club rep handing out the tickets to choose who they want to give them to.

I was told this is to prevent them from being scalped.

I chose to give mine up - hopefully they go to a long term member who has never been lucky enough to get great seats and they can enjoy PJ up close :)
  • Options
    Thanks! I'm just trying to make a bad situation feel better overall.

I'm so sad I could honestly cry right now. Honestly.
    if we can't use them, better to make the 'Dome be packed and show the band a good ol fashion Calgary time. I'd be willing to gift my tickets to a friend and spread the karma. Its all about Karma kids.

I like the attitude considering the circumstances!
  • Options
    TJackTJack Posts: 16
    TJack wrote:
    Unfortunately you can't gift them to anyone of your choice - it's up to the fan club rep handing out the tickets to choose who they want to give them to.

I chose to give mine up - hopefully they go to a long term member who has never been lucky enough to get great seats and they can enjoy PJ up close :)

I sent an email to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tickets@tenclub.net">tickets@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> and gave them my account info. Hopefully the karma comes around next time I enter the raffle :)
  • Options
    Ok thanks man I appreciate it.
    TJack wrote:
    TJack wrote:

I sent an email to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tickets@tenclub.net">tickets@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> and gave them my account info. Hopefully the karma comes around next time I enter the raffle :)
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Selling/sold an extra set of tix to a local fan. Spreading the jam!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    aaronck wrote:
    Feeling bad for all out of town with tickets that can't attend. Safety first, it is just a show.
    Too bad 10C tickets can't be transferred, as I would love to grab some.

read the rest of the thread, there will be tickets available!
  • Options
    aaronck wrote:
    Feeling bad for all out of town with tickets that can't attend. Safety first, it is just a show.
    Too bad 10C tickets can't be transferred, as I would love to grab some.

read the rest of the thread, there will be tickets available!

thanks! I emailed 10C- will update if anything happens. If so I'll pass on the Karma and give my tickets away to someone in need...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    I know feels very bad to can get to the venue cos of weather..
    but stay safe guys..its the most important...wish all the best of luck
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Thanks bro. Safety first.

Maybe tonight I'll stay at home and listen to some PJ vinyl and sip on a warm coffee. Try and be there in spirit.
    I know feels very bad to can get to the venue cos of weather..
    but stay safe guys..its the most important...wish all the best of luck
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    edited December 2013
    Highway 2 south of Edmonton (at Didsbury) is closed southbound to Calgary. Which is the main route to Calgary from Edmonton. 15 car accident is the cause and I guess there are vehicles all over the place at the moment on the highways.

I expect more closures as the worst is supposed to come.

Going to be interesting to see the effects of this on attendance tonight.
  • Options
    I hate to hear of all the folks who will have to miss tonight's show. That stings for sure.

I live a few hours south of Calgary, and it is brutal out. Please, please be safe everyone -- band and crew included.
  • Options
    Highway 1 east of Calgary is so bad ploughs and sanders being pulled off the roads.

Be careful everyone!
  • Options
    Thanks man that made my decision to pull the plug at noon much much easier.
    Highway 2 south of Edmonton (at Didsbury) is closed southbound to Calgary. Which is the main route to Calgary from Edmonton. 15 car accident is the cause and I guess there are vehicles all over the place at the moment on the highways.

• Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    what a buzz kill

sucks for people who live in the area and don't travel to see PJ :(
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options

I hear you. My wife and parents are much happier to hear I chose to stay home now.
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    As mentioned, driving within the city itself is okay. It's not great...but I mean, it's a blizzard; it's what happens, I guess. And having said that: the highways are usually brutal when it's like this, so if you're coming in from outside the city please, please, please be careful. I know it's easy for me to say, being local and being able to see the show tonight, but it's just not worth the risk.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    AAJCAAJC Calgary, AB, Canada Posts: 262
    NWOntario wrote:
    As mentioned, driving within the city itself is okay. It's not great...but I mean, it's a blizzard; it's what happens, I guess. And having said that: the highways are usually brutal when it's like this, so if you're coming in from outside the city please, please, please be careful. I know it's easy for me to say, being local and being able to see the show tonight, but it's just not worth the risk.

I second everything this person is saying. If coming from out of town, don't. Not worth it. If in the city, get a train in. I just watched a report on the news that it took someone over 2 hours to get a cab to get to the airport. Crazy.

AC
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 584
    Glad I made the trek here from Vancouver on the weekend. My buddy's at work so I walked 1.5km to gym and let me tell you the wind is brutal: that's the worst part, not the snow.
    Anyways we will be taking the c train to the saddledome, which I hear runs thru pretty much anything. Sad to hear lots people can't make it. I have 450xxx fan club number so maybe I'll receive some karma from unfortunate people who can't make it to the show and get their good 10c seats.
    From what I saw on my walk the roads in Calgary itself are drivable.
  • Options
    Current alerts
    Update roads and weather conditions in Southern Alberta
    Traffic Event Updated On: Monday, December 02, 2013, at 14:27
    Highway 2 from Wetaskiwin south to Calgary is in extremely poor condition. Travel not recommended. Highway 1 from the Saskatchewan border to Calgary also in poor condition. Travel not recommended. Highway 2 southbound between the Didsbury and Carstairs overpass is completely blocked due to a multi vehicle collision. RCMP is receiving varying reports of between 15 to 40 vehicles involved. Highway 72, 15 kilometres east of Highway 2 currently blocked by another multi vehicle collision. Through out the province, officers report that highways are icy, snow covered and have reduced visibility.

Hwy 1 Blocked Westbound at Secondary Hwy 21,East of Strathmore.
    Traffic Event Updated On: Monday, December 02, 2013, at 13:40
    Strathmore RCMP are currently dealing with a number of cars and transported trucks that have either gone into the ditch, become stuck in an impassable snow drift and or collided with one another on Highway # 1 Westbound at Secondary Hwy # 21 approximately 12 kilometres East of Strathmore. RCMP are on scene but it should be noted that snow removal equipment are off the road due to unsafe conditions for their operators. Strathmore RCMP are recommending the public not attempt to travel by road until this storm passes. Snow drifts and poor road conditions have made travel extremely hazardous and some roads and Highways impassable. Anyone travelling on Hwy # 1 Eastbound before Strathmore it is recommended that they stop at the nearest safe location and await the passing of this snow storm as travel may not be possible for the next 12 to 24 hours.

• Options
    Please be safe friends. This is not a joke. Use extreme caution getting to the show or just don't go at all.

Its sucks but its the reality of winter in Alberta, Canada
  • Options
    You made the right decision TJack

TJack wrote:

I hear you. My wife and parents are much happier to hear I chose to stay home now.
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    So my friend obviously couldn't get down from Edmonton, so I have a set of 10C tix available.
    Section 109, row 5
  • Options
    prljamgirl wrote:
    So my friend obviously couldn't get down from Edmonton, so I have a set of 10C tix available.
    Section 109, row 5

Out of curiosity what was your friends fan club #?

Just curious as to where I am lining up for reserved seats.

Thanks!
  • Options
    So I'm stuck in Lethbridge...not driving in this (despite every urge to want to gamble). Is there any way I can give my ten club tickets away to someone in Calgary without me being there?
  • Options
    So I'm stuck in Lethbridge...not driving in this (despite every urge to want to gamble). Is there any way I can give my ten club tickets away to someone in Calgary without me being there?

nope, best you can do is email the 10 club and tell them you are giving up your tickets and they will give them away to someone at the show - you don't get to choose
  • Options
    TJack wrote:

nope, best you can do is email the 10 club and tell them you are giving up your tickets and they will give them away to someone at the show - you don't get to choose

Man this sucks ass... there must be something in place for circumstances like this. What is the tenclub email?
  • Options
    TJack wrote:

Man this sucks ass... there must be something in place for circumstances like this. What is the tenclub email?

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:tickets@tenclub.net">tickets@tenclub.net</a><!-- e -->

they said they don't really do anything unless the show is actually cancelled
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,945
    be safe everyone!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    landolando Posts: 661
    Almost a three hour delay in saskatoon. Looks like the plane is here and I'm actually going to make it. I like to call that a "fuck yeah!!"
    Edmonton 93, Vancouver 05, Vancouver 09, Edmonton 11, Vancouver 11