Options

Calgary Blizzard

123457»

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,597
    lando wrote:
    Almost a three hour delay in saskatoon. Looks like the plane is here and I'm actually going to make it. I like to call that a "fuck yeah!!"
    Awesome. 8-) Good luck!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Allison, good idea on the thread.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    I know it's scant consolation, but those of us who can make it tonight are going to give Pearl Jam such a good show they'll have no choice but to return post haste. ;)
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    varty yovarty yo Posts: 105
    Hope you make it out man
  • Options
    Allison, good idea on the thread.
    Thanks! I hope my next successful thread isn't about something so shitty. :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    Looks like a twenty year storm or something
    Gonna be an epic season..
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    Please be safe, everyone.
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    After reading the current weather and road reports, I am feeling better about selling my tickets. I just hope the guy I sold em too is getting/got there ok! Hope those that do make it get a fantastic show.
  • Options
    My workplace sent us home at 3pm because of the weather. I got 2 blocks from my house and seen a school bus in the ditch on the opposite side of the road. Tow trucks and emergency crews were on the scene.

I hope nobody got hurt, especially the kids. God, what an aweful sight. So glad I got home safe and didn't drive to Calgary afterall. Like I said, this is no joke.
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    :cry: Had reserved . 286xxx. Was traveling to Calgary after attending Spokane, but pulled the plug yesterday evening when forecasts just didn't improve . My beloved and I moved on to Vancouver. Enjoyed partly sunny 4'C at Granville Island Market and pondered what if. Hate like hell to miss a show , especially when in 10C seats, but looking forward to seeing PJ fever build here in Vancouver . Please stay safe in Calgary and , if you make it to Saddledome , Rock out !!!! Looking forward to amazing nights in Vancouver and Seattle .
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    If this show ISN'T canceled...it will one for the ages I bet! They will surely play the fuck out of it for those who risk life and limb to be there! I'm thinking of my friend Shirley who flew in ... FROM JAPAN ... for this and the Vancouver show!
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    spearhead wrote:
    If this show ISN'T canceled...it will one for the ages I bet! They will surely play the fuck out of it for those who risk life and limb to be there! I'm thinking of my friend Shirley who flew in ... FROM JAPAN ... for this and the Vancouver show!

Shirley, she's a work of art :mrgreen:
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    Calgary Airport has been closed! But Shirley made it in from Japan! Her brother Rob also made it in from England!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    spearhead wrote:

Shirley, she's a work of art :mrgreen:

Oh, you don't know the half of it! She is my all time favorite Pearl Jam fan! Her brother Rob is a close second!

• Options
    TinAntTinAnt Posts: 343
    spearhead wrote:
    Calgary Airport has been closed! But Shirley made it in from Japan! Her brother Rob also made it in from England!

Lucky
  • Options
    Really hoping there's a make-up show down the line. I know I'm probably dreaming but I was going to try to brave it and get in and find a place to stay. But they closed the highway and even if I was nuts enough to beat the blizzard I wouldn't get past the barricades.

Got the feeling that this sort of vibe will make it one of those special nights and goddamn am I sorry to miss it.

Enjoy everybody, cheer louder for the rest of us missing!
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    They should just cancel the show and come back to Phoenix. :D
  • Options
    skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    back in the day, they would find a college/university radio station to broadcast these shows live...

(maybe it's just me?)
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,238
    Gemmer wrote:
    Really hoping there's a make-up show down the line. I know I'm probably dreaming but I was going to try to brave it and get in and find a place to stay. But they closed the highway and even if I was nuts enough to beat the blizzard I wouldn't get past the barricades.

Got the feeling that this sort of vibe will make it one of those special nights and goddamn am I sorry to miss it.

I don't know if they'd do a make up show for a show that didn't get cancelled. It is Alberta and people just truck through the snow. It should still have a good turnout but people from outside of town would have a hard time making it in (unless they arrived before the weather).

The good news is that PJ seems to love Calgary. 2009, 2011, and 2013. Not too shabby... they'll probably be back even if they don't do a makeup show.
  • Options
    Multiple highways are CLOSED, including my direct route southbound on Hwy 2 from Edmonton to Calgary. Sure, I pulled the plug a couple hours before the highway got closed but it would have by the time I got to that point.

It was a tough call to not go. I struggled with the decision. I said in an earlier post that I seen a school bus in a ditch on the opposite side of the road 2 blocks from my house surrounded by emergency personnel and tow trucks. Not a pretty sight. Unsettling. I'm just glad that wasn't me on HWY 2 today. Just my 2 cents worth here.

I'm sure the show got a decent turnout. Tons of out of town people didnt make it. I don't blame them for not going. Pearl Jam will be back to Calgary for more gigs.
    Zod wrote:
    Gemmer wrote:

I don't know if they'd do a make up show for a show that didn't get cancelled. It is Alberta and people just truck through the snow. It should still have a good turnout but people from outside of town would have a hard time making it in (unless they arrived before the weather).

The good news is that PJ seems to love Calgary. 2009, 2011, and 2013. Not too shabby... they'll probably be back even if they don't do a makeup show.
  • Options
    It's super hard to watch the set roll in and not be able to be there because of the goddamn weather. Soooo bummed, but happy for those who could :)
  • Options
    Great show!!!!!

Little sad to see so many song crossed off the set list though. Jeremy being one of them.

So anyone else having troubles getting back to Saskie today??? Highway 1 is closed to Brooks!
  • Options
    Apparently #1 is closed straight from Calgary to the Saskatchewan border. Roads seem worse today than they did yesterday.
    Five favourite shows ever

1. Pearl Jam, Calgary, 2005
    2. NIN/QOTSA/DFA 1979, Calgary, 2005
    3. Pearl Jam, Calgary, 2013
    4. Rock the Bells, San Francisco, 2007
    5. The White Stripes, Calgary, 2007
  • Options
    Yes its closed Calgary to Brooks still. Aparently there are 8ft drifts in some places
  • Options
    How are the roads from Calgary towards Vancouver?
  • Options
    Haven't heard any closures on the westbound Trans Canada, and now apparently eastbound to Brooks is now open again. So long as the PJ crew left with enough time to drive carefully, they should make it to Vancouver.
    Five favourite shows ever

1. Pearl Jam, Calgary, 2005
    2. NIN/QOTSA/DFA 1979, Calgary, 2005
    3. Pearl Jam, Calgary, 2013
    4. Rock the Bells, San Francisco, 2007
    5. The White Stripes, Calgary, 2007
  • Options
    According to the rcmp its still closed to Brooks. Oh well ill drive home tomorrow! Too late in the day to start now