*** Phoenix Fanviews Here 11/19/13 ***

Comments

• besides youtube any crowd boots out there yet while we wait? :corn:

Edgar has made his fantastic audio recording of the Phoenix show available for download. The same recording I've been using in the videos I've uploaded to YouTube. The link is http://www.mediafire.com/download/dylk3alsdzuy1bv/2013-11-19_-_Glendale.zip
  • besides youtube any crowd boots out there yet while we wait? :corn:

Edgar has made his fantastic audio recording of the Phoenix show available for download. The same recording I've been using in the videos I've uploaded to YouTube. The link is http://www.mediafire.com/download/dylk3alsdzuy1bv/2013-11-19_-_Glendale.zip

Fantastic! :thumbup:
  • djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    This was the 2nd show of the tour for me...Had just seen PJ in New Orleans at Voodoo Fest...much more satisfying set this time around. So many songs I'd never seen them play live before (including Release...oh man...such an incredible moment for me, personally). Having lived in PHX for 7 years and this being the first time PJ has played here in 10 years...well...I'd become so impatient I'd decided to travel to them. So nice to have them here finally. Really hope we get to see them again here a lot sooner. The crowd soaked it up and the love was shown. I can finally check off "See favorite band in favorite new home town." :D
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    Much thanks for the download link. Now I don't have to wait weeks for the bootleg to relive that great show.
    besides youtube any crowd boots out there yet while we wait? :corn:

09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

killer pics! i like the Stone pic on 2nd page. Great great pics!

Thanks! I noticed that Stone had a few welcome bursts of "activity" in PHX.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • DivkaDivka Posts: 196
    When the stars exploded billions of years ago, they formed everything that is this world. Everything we know is stardust...
  • Best show I have seen. Ever. By anyone
  • Sparks2669 wrote:
    Best show I have seen. Ever. By anyone
    This
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • I concur. I was at the San Diego show and I believe Phoenix surpassed it. Much better set.
  • I just listened to the audience recording while at work (at very high volume) and there were moments I didn't remember while I was there. When you're in GA you just get caught up in moments and miss the little things. All I can say is thank you to whoever put that recording together. It sounds amazing. I have listened to so many bootlegs that I can't even count anymore. Everything available from 1992 to 1995 and from 2000 to 2006 (still working my way through the late 90s and current ones, but will get there eventually). But I can say this about PJ on 11/19/2013: They were the most excited I've ever heard them. There have been other intense shows filled with anger/rage (90s) but this one just sounded like pure joy from beginning to end. Here's to the guys making it back to Phoenix sooner than 10 years from now!
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • DivkaDivka Posts: 196
    mrfrogman wrote:
    I concur. I was at the San Diego show and I believe Phoenix surpassed it. Much better set.

I second this.
    When the stars exploded billions of years ago, they formed everything that is this world. Everything we know is stardust...
  • After the LA shows I have to say Phoenix was the best of the three shows I saw. (Had to miss SD for work...)

Great energy, great setlist. Loved Around the Bend.

And my wife got a Stone pic. Stone threw it in before Elderly Woman. It hit the floor and my wife got her shoe on top of it. A guy in the pit tried to physically LIFT her foot off the ground to steal it but she pushed him off. Kinda awesome.

Second Stone pick for me. Got one at Universal Amphitheater Night 1 09.
  • NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    GB1239 wrote:
    You can also get a review of the show from the local newspaper ~ I didn't realize that lights came (and stayed) on b/c of a curfew that was supposed to shut the show down at 11:
    http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsu ... photos.php

ALSO, a big shout out to NAUjackfan who organized a local Wishlist Foundation Fundraiser /pre-party

Thank you. I'm glad to do my part to help the AZ PJ community. Now that I'm back from the Dirty Frank Road Trip, I should have my pics up on www.facebook.com/ArizonaPJFans tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone who supported the pre-party. McFadden's was absolutely packed! I should have the total $ raised for the Leukemia and Lymphoma early next week.
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • NAUjackfan wrote:
    GB1239 wrote:
    You can also get a review of the show from the local newspaper ~ I didn't realize that lights came (and stayed) on b/c of a curfew that was supposed to shut the show down at 11:
    http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsu ... photos.php

ALSO, a big shout out to NAUjackfan who organized a local Wishlist Foundation Fundraiser /pre-party

Thank you. I'm glad to do my part to help the AZ PJ community. Now that I'm back from the Dirty Frank Road Trip, I should have my pics up on http://www.facebook.com/ArizonaPJFans tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone who supported the pre-party. McFadden's was absolutely packed! I should have the total $ raised for the Leukemia and Lymphoma early next week.

I brought a gang of 7 and I made them spend $$$$. ;)
    I still can't get some of the bartenders out of my head. Too hot! :oops:
  • AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    I wish I could download that audience boot, but I just get a bunch of ads and downloading some sort of programs.

I have reflected on this show after a week now, and I still think it was most awesome!

Now I know I am not supposed to think or say this because I know I am supposed to prefer PJ20 because of the specific celebration factor involved with PJ20, and with that I think... I know I enjoyed the Phoenix show a lot more. The band was excellent, Ed's voice sounded better than it has in a while and the energy and setlist from the Phoenix show was just incredible. I enjoyed the Phoenix show more than I loved PJ20.

Also, I must thank the crowd, specifically the GA pit. Almost every single person we came into contact with was very accomidating, cordial and downright almost too friendly to my family. As I stated a thousand times already, it was my 4 year old Grandson's first concert (Yes, he had ear protection).
    Even the drunk people were very friendly, and he got a little freaked out after while because everyone would come pat him on the back or say hi or try and dance with him. He cried a little, but he is not used to so much attention.

All that said, again... I want to thank everyone, you were very cool to us!
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,242
    AzWicker wrote:
    I wish I could download that audience boot, but I just get a bunch of ads and downloading some sort of programs.

I have reflected on this show after a week now, and I still think it was most awesome!

Now I know I am not supposed to think or say this because I know I am supposed to prefer PJ20 because of the specific celebration factor involved with PJ20, and with that I think... I know I enjoyed the Phoenix show a lot more. The band was excellent, Ed's voice sounded better than it has in a while and the energy and setlist from the Phoenix show was just incredible. I enjoyed the Phoenix show more than I loved PJ20.

Also, I must thank the crowd, specifically the GA pit. Almost every single person we came into contact with was very accomidating, cordial and downright almost too friendly to my family. As I stated a thousand times already, it was my 4 year old Grandson's first concert (Yes, he had ear protection).
    Even the drunk people were very friendly, and he got a little freaked out after while because everyone would come pat him on the back or say hi or try and dance with him. He cried a little, but he is not used to so much attention.

Phoenix was waaaaay better than PJ20. The only thing PJ20 has over PHX was the tailgating. The show...PHX blew it away!
  • AzWicker wrote:

I loved this show. Only one on this tour. But, surpassed any show I have ever seen. Never had ga for pj. An amazing experience. I have never really been moved to tears during a show, but during "Sirens," it all came out
  • AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    Sparks2669 wrote:
    I loved this show. Only one on this tour. But, surpassed any show I have ever seen. Never had ga for pj. An amazing experience. I have never really been moved to tears during a show, but during "Sirens," it all came out

Yeah, I cried too, but I am a big baby when it comes to epic concerts. I always cry during release and when I watch the reaction of my family's faces. I cried when I took my daughter to CSN and they played her favorite song "Cathedral"

I don't know what it was, and I don't know if it can translate over to the bootleg, but the energy in the building was amazingly weird. There have been louder crowds and more 'educated' PJ crowds all over the world.

The only way I can describe the energy and the crowd at the Phoenix show is this...

The Phoenix show was like experiencing a crowd fall in love with a band all over again during the course of the evening and I think the band felt that same vibe.

Phoenix has always been a weird crowd, not just PJ, but with a lot of bands. Hell, Rush has come here every year since they started touring heavy again...

...well, back to explaining my thought, They haven't been to Phoenix in ten years, so while ten clubbers know everything, majority of Phoenicians know all the old to mid years of PJ, they kind of lost touch over the years. Still having fond memories, they fill the hockey arena. The show starts and they (we) just are experiencing this great thing called a PJ concert and you just feel the energy escalated over the course of 3 hours. Was really cool to experience it and hope they don't wait another 10 years.
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • Setlist was quite amazing. Better than San Diego. I think the band was trying take make up for 10 years away by playing bigger songs. SD had its moments and it is Ed's hometown but they even played one song more in Phoenix. We got better and more songs plain and simple. Some examples.

Long Road
    Release
    Low Light
    Corduroy
    Daughter
    Wishlist
    Once
    Go
    Bee Girl
    Around the Bend
    Hard To Imagine
    Footsteps
    Jeremy
    Alone
    Elderly Woman
    Indifference

None of these songs were repeated in SD and I would consider all of these real gems. Like Ed said "for the more serious collector".
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • AzWicker wrote:
    Sparks2669 wrote:

Yeah, I cried too, but I am a big baby when it comes to epic concerts. I always cry during release and when I watch the reaction of my family's faces. I cried when I took my daughter to CSN and they played her favorite song "Cathedral"

I don't know what it was, and I don't know if it can translate over to the bootleg, but the energy in the building was amazingly weird. There have been louder crowds and more 'educated' PJ crowds all over the world.

The only way I can describe the energy and the crowd at the Phoenix show is this...

The Phoenix show was like experiencing a crowd fall in love with a band all over again during the course of the evening and I think the band felt that same vibe.

Phoenix has always been a weird crowd, not just PJ, but with a lot of bands. Hell, Rush has come here every year since they started touring heavy again...

...well, back to explaining my thought, They haven't been to Phoenix in ten years, so while ten clubbers know everything, majority of Phoenicians know all the old to mid years of PJ, they kind of lost touch over the years. Still having fond memories, they fill the hockey arena. The show starts and they (we) just are experiencing this great thing called a PJ concert and you just feel the energy escalated over the course of 3 hours. Was really cool to experience it and hope they don't wait another 10 years.

Beautifully put. I could not express it more clearly, friend.
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    AzWicker wrote:

Try this http://download1153.mediafire.com/i9hry ... endale.zip
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • I third this, Phoenix definitely had the vibe going on...
    Divka wrote:
    mrfrogman wrote:
    I concur. I was at the San Diego show and I believe Phoenix surpassed it. Much better set.

I second this.
  • Agree with everything said and the crowd does translate over the bootleg.
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • aylish74aylish74 Denver, CO Posts: 6
    BM105371 wrote:
    I have to write this. And this seems like the best place to write it and it possibly make it into Ed and Jill's hands. If someone could pass it along to Ed and Jill, it would be greatly appreciated. So... here goes.

First off, I want to thank Ed for the invitation to the side of the stage. Second, Thank you Jill for taking Bethany and getting her a bottle of water and a seat right next to the stage, talking with her, and giving her your sweater when she started to get cold and for just being absolutely awesome. At that point of the night, she had just run out of gas. She was tired, thirsty, sweaty, just plain uncomfortable and wanted to go home to bed. She wouldn't say this to me because of our talks about what to expect if she came to the show with me and what I expected from her, but I knew what was going on. This amazing display of generosity and kindness was above and beyond anything that I could have ever imagined. I realize that I pushed the envelope in bringing her to this show. Some would say that the GA floor of a Pearl Jam concert is no place for a 7 year old. Obviously, I disagree. Maybe 10, 15, 20 years ago... :D My daughter absolutely loves music. In fact, we joke that we live in a house that is a Glee reality show because of her turning EVERYTHING into a song. After my only GA PJ experiences in Missoula last year and Pittsburgh to open this tour, I felt that I could get away with it. And what better first concert experience than Pearl Jam from right in front of the stage?!?!?!? Since I got her Lightning Bolt, she has been listening to it pretty much exclusively. So while it may be the 10th for the rest of us, Lightning Bolt is PJ album #1 for her. In the last week, I gave her a copy of Ten to listen to. This morning when she was getting dressed, I heard Porch blasting from her room. I think she is hooked. So, Ed, thanks for thinking of my shoulders. Jill, thanks for taking care of my little girl. You two kept an absolutely incredible evening from turning sour at the end and instead turned an already incredibly memorable night into... well... something that words just can't describe. So, again... Thank You!

As for me, getting pulled up to the side of the stage for an encore at a Pearl Jam show? To say that I was as giddy as a school girl would just be cliche. It was obvious that I was more giddy than the school girl. At that point in the night, she was just glad to be sitting down with a bottle of water.

Walking out of the arena, it seemed as if everyone recognized Bethany as "The Girl". She got high fives from people and some even stopped and asked her to take a picture with them. So, walking out the door this morning to go to school (yes she went to school today), I asked Bethany how my little Rock Star was feeling this morning. She gave me a 1 word response. "Famous". This just made me smile and tell her that I love her. And think... How in the hell am I going to answer the questions when she starts asking about Bee Girl?

Brian
    I saw your daughter and Jill on the big screen for a split second and your daughter looked so sad! I was worried she was sad because was separated from you, but I'm glad to know she was just tired. And Jill seemed to be in full "mom mode" and was stroking your daughter's arms to comfort her. Glad you and your daughter had such a great experience!
  • Definitely one of the best shows I have been to!
  • mrerocmreroc Posts: 78
    Just lost my heart felt response to this show midstream as I must have done something stupid on the phone. Kills me. It was wonderful. Jeff laughs and Mike marathoning around the stage did it for us. Yes, and the other fellas too. Ed just mentioning grand canyon (we're hardcore hikers, sorry, insane) was fun. The music. ..surreal. Anyway, I'm holed up in Portland for another. Looks like zoo in morn. Blackhawk or gadsen hat and you spotted me . Enjoy the tour.
  • BHealyBHealy Flagstaff, Arizona Posts: 466
    I can't say enough about this show. It was incredible. I've been going through some really stressful times lately, and a friend got me into the GA area, right in front of Stone. At the risk of "being cheesy," I'll say it was a dream come true. I've carried that excitement with me for over a week now, and still can't stop thinking about it. I've been a PJ fan from the beginning, but this is only my second show (after Wrigley).

I also have to say that I really enjoyed the crowd around me- thanks to my new Canadian friend "Noel," and the woman from New Jersey for letting me hang with you and putting up with my crazy enthusiasm! :) It was super fun hanging out with other die hard PJ fans!

I cannot wait for the boot!! You might hear me scream (something like) "yeah! I work there!!!" when Ed mentions "the folks hanging out at Grand Canyon."

Thank you PJ and my friends Jen and Brian. I'll never forget it!
  • The fact that this show is not attracting more raves and discussion as an all-time great, is evidence of what a mind-blowing tour this is.
    I gather speed . . . Great Western Forum - Jul 13, 1998; Great Western Forum - Jul 14, 1998; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 03, 2003; Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003; Santa Barbara County Bowl - Oct 28, 2003; Gorge Amphitheatre - Sep 01, 2005; Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006; The Forum - Jul 09, 2006; Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006; Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008; United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    United Center - Aug 24, 2009; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Indiana -May 07, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 20, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010
    EV Solo 2008: LA1, Boston 1, DC1
    EV Colo 2009: Nashville 1&2
    Dead Man Walking: The Concert: March 29, 1998
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,242
    Come back!!!! :D
  • I finally completed uploading all my videos from the Phoenix show to YouTube. The only two songs I didn't get that night were 1/2 Full and Spin the Black Circle. The videocam battery nearly made it all the way through. It finally gave out after Alive, so I ended up using my iPhone to record Rockin' in the Free World and Indifference. All the videos have audio from Edgar's amazing audience recording.

Here's a playlist I compiled of all the videos in setlist order. So if you have 2 hrs and 40 minutes, you can just hit Play All, sit back and relive the concert.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL114yZYZ37bhJ5h8OlaVTejMjOSbVCwmd