*** Phoenix Fanviews Here 11/19/13 ***

Comments

• nevmilesnevmiles Ottawa, ON Posts: 1,363
    What and odd flow of songs here.........

07. Mind Your Manners-from the new album “Lightning Bolt”
    08. Given To Fly
    09. Getaway-from the new album “Lightning Bolt”
    10. Yellow Moon-from the new album “Lightning Bolt”
    11. Even Flow
    12. Sirens-from the new album “Lightning Bolt”
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • WHAT A SETLIST!!!! I only buy boots to the shows I attend, but that looks like one I have to hear!

Congrats to all that attended!
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Wow..one of the best of seen this tour..cant wait to see it.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    nevmiles wrote:
    What and odd flow of songs here.........

07. Mind Your Manners-from the new album “Lightning Bolt”
    08. Given To Fly
    09. Getaway-from the new album “Lightning Bolt”
    10. Yellow Moon-from the new album “Lightning Bolt”
    11. Even Flow
    12. Sirens-from the new album “Lightning Bolt”

Future days should have been pushed back a bit in the encore as well..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,292
    Awesome setlist

I think I just found what show I am going to use my bootleg code on
  • Sea wrote:
    Pearl Jam
    Jobing.com Arena
    Glendale, AZ
    Nov 19, 2013
    Set List

24. Hard To Imagine

I was just looking the other day at how often they have played this. This will be only the 36th time. Lucky Glendale.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • PJ-Cubs wrote:
    Awesome setlist

I think I just found what show I am going to use my bootleg code on
    You will not be disappointed. This was not a "this set looks good on paper" set at all. Good God. I was GA on Mike's side, pretty close. Mike was absolutely on fire all night. Jeff was pumped. Ed was drunk in all the best ways. Stone was engaged and Matt is a rock.Only my 5th show but easily takes the top spot. Got my white whale...Hard to Imagine! Anybody listening to the boot will probably hear me scream like a little girl. :lol: Thanks PJ. You never cease to amaze.
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Amazing show! I agree - standing at the back of GA were some of the best seats in the house. During one point a girl was "hiding" in front of my girlfriend taking a picture behind us. I looked over my shoulder to see Randy Johnson (The Big Unit) taking pics of the band using one of the biggest lenses I have ever seen! He was just standing in the crowd, and everyone seemed oblivious - clearly because of the pure magic that was being generated from the stage. Thank you, Pearl Jam!
  • maj4emaj4e Posts: 605
    I was at Charlottesville and I thought it had the best setlist. Until Phoenix. It has to be the best one so far, I'm definitely picking this one up. Congrats to those who made it. 8-)
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,702
    Sea wrote:
    Pearl Jam
    Jobing.com Arena
    Glendale, AZ
    Nov 19, 2013
    Set List

24. Hard To Imagine

I was just looking the other day at how often they have played this. This will be only the 36th time. Lucky Glendale.

3 of those 36 are shows I was very close to attending, but ended up not going :x :x :x

Bonnaroo 08
    NYC MSG 08
    Baltimore 13
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • Taft wrote:
    Wonder if Pendulumorphosis is the same intro they played at Worcester 2, which was Pendulum based.

Worcester 1, but yeah. Re-listening to an AUD of the show now and it sounded like just the piano notes from Pendulum. I was under the impression it was recorded walk-on music in the PA. I've put the FLAC (4.8 MB) here. After the intro faded they started with Release.
    Mansfield 7/3/2003 | Boston 5/24/2006 | Boston 5/17/2010 | Worcester 10/15-16/2013
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Awesome show last night. People in line for GA very early in am. I got there shortly after 6am. Was 6th on the list created. Security and arena management were great. List was followed for most part, although some people on floor got thru other gates. Everyone in GA line up all day were cool. Thanks for pleasant day to everyone I met.
    Anyway, kick ass set list. Was on rail in front of Ed. Girls from Brazil racked up the goodies from Ed. Guitar picks, tambourines, harmonica at the end of Footsteps. Holy shit. Too bad I'm not a girl, or from Brazil!! :lol: Ole!
    Patrick :mrgreen:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • My Corduroy JacketMy Corduroy Jacket Austin, TX Posts: 571
    That setlist is sick! Congrats to all those fortunate enough to make that show!
    Austin, TX
  • SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,922
    PP193448 wrote:
    Girls from Brazil racked up the goodies from Ed. Guitar picks, tambourines, harmonica at the end of Footsteps. Holy shit. Too bad I'm not a girl, or from Brazil!! :lol: Ole!

Ah, that was why Ed said "Its like South America up in here" - not the pumped up crowd after all...
    Nature drunk and High
  • RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    I'm hung over and still processing this amazing show. Thanks Ed, Jeff, Mike, Stone, Matt and Boom for an awesome set list and show. You more than made up for the 10 year absence. I hope we were a worthy audience for you and we won't wait another 10 to rock out again. Cheers for having Nils Lofgren on RITFW.
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • What an amazing show last night. Feeling incredibly drained today, as a result. This is definitely not just a "good on paper" setlist, at least it didn't have that feel from where I was standing--about 7 rows of people back just left of Eddie for most of the show, about 4 people back during Encore 2. I was actually right next to the setlist relayer for most of the night.

I went in feeling pretty bummed that In Hiding and Immortality got played in OKC as they are my two favorites songs that I've never seen live, but there was nothing to feel disappointed about in this show. The opening set started with a very cool vibe between Jeff's Pendulum-inspired riff => Long Road => Release => Low Light...you just knew it was going to be a special night. The up-tempo (mostly) portion of the first set (Interstellar => Even Flow) was a rocking good time, even if Eddie is clearly still trying to figure out all the words to Getaway (musicially awesome, lyrically challenged at times). They slowed down a bit through the next part which was a nice break and awesome to hear Sirens and Infallible for the first time live, and a long WMA tag on Daughter. 1/2 Full was a rocking good time made even more entertaining (for me) because Mike clearly forgot the verse part and went to watch Stone play and try and pick it up. Right before his solo he charged across the stage shaking his head because he clearly just couldn't remember it--the solo was blistering.

Encore 1 might be the best 40 minutes of a Pearl Jam show I've ever seen. The acoustic set was incredible, and then to toss out Alone, Down, and a truly epic Porch was amazing. I have no words to describe it, but buy the bootleg because you will not be disappointed. Eddie was telling stories, Mike missed filling in some guitar riffs during Around the Bend and Matt was yelling at him to start playing something...it was just amazing and so cool to be close enough in GA to see all of those little things going on.

Encore 2 was a satisfying close to the show as we had been pushed close up at that point. Nils Lofgren (of the E Street Band) joining the group for Rockin' was pretty cool. Before Indifference, Eddie made some comment that we need to do this again sometime and that Phoenix should call him, we have his number...or call Mike - he was pretty hammered at this point (3rd, maybe 4th bottle). Managed to grab a Mike pick as we were leaving to cap everything off.

In total, probably the best PJ show I've seen of the 6 times I've been fortunate enough to see them. They definitely made up for skipping Phoenix for the last 10 years, and hopefully they won't be strangers again. :D:D:D
  • Hunger StrikeHunger Strike Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 229
    I was on the rail tonight just to the right of Stone. Ed poured his wine in my cup 2x last night!!! Set list and show had to be the best yet this being show # 43. Thank you, Thank You!
  • En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,622
    PP193448 wrote:
    Awesome show last night. People in line for GA very early in am. I got there shortly after 6am. Was 6th on the list created. Security and arena management were great. List was followed for most part, although some people on floor got thru other gates. Everyone in GA line up all day were cool. Thanks for pleasant day to everyone I met.
    Anyway, kick ass set list. Was on rail in front of Ed. Girls from Brazil racked up the goodies from Ed. Guitar picks, tambourines, harmonica at the end of Footsteps. Holy shit. Too bad I'm not a girl, or from Brazil!! :lol: Ole!

This guy made my tour already. He is another reason that Pearl Jam fans are the best! Thanks for the extra ticket and thank your wife again for not coming to Phoenix!!

Soon I will give a full review of an amazing day
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • What a NIGHT!!! This was my first PJ concert and i must say... They Killed It! I was blown away by the whole experience, don't think I could have asked for a better first time. Got tickets to the San Diego and LA shows too, so luckily the fun doesn't stop!
  • chainchain Montreal Posts: 336
    Will buy my bootleg show for sure (Worcester I) but will definetely buy this one too!!!

Amazing setlist!!!
    Toronto 96-09-21 / Montreal 98-08-20
    Barrie 98-08-22 / Montreal 00-10-04 / Montreal 03-06-29
    Montreal 05-09-15 / Quebec 05-09-20 / Montreal 11-09-07
    Worcester 13-10-15 / Denver 14-10-22 / Quebec 16-05-05
    Ottawa 16-05-08 / Ottawa 20-03-20 / Quebec 20-03-22
  • bigbadbill wrote:
    I know they started all of Leg 1 shows with Pendulum, and now it looks like they're going away from that. I hope they play it at SD, LA 1 and LA 2.

they didn't start ALL of the leg 1 shows with pendulum, but definitely a lot of the shows did!!
  • I have to write this. And this seems like the best place to write it and it possibly make it into Ed and Jill's hands. If someone could pass it along to Ed and Jill, it would be greatly appreciated. So... here goes.

First off, I want to thank Ed for the invitation to the side of the stage. Second, Thank you Jill for taking Bethany and getting her a bottle of water and a seat right next to the stage, talking with her, and giving her your sweater when she started to get cold and for just being absolutely awesome. At that point of the night, she had just run out of gas. She was tired, thirsty, sweaty, just plain uncomfortable and wanted to go home to bed. She wouldn't say this to me because of our talks about what to expect if she came to the show with me and what I expected from her, but I knew what was going on. This amazing display of generosity and kindness was above and beyond anything that I could have ever imagined. I realize that I pushed the envelope in bringing her to this show. Some would say that the GA floor of a Pearl Jam concert is no place for a 7 year old. Obviously, I disagree. Maybe 10, 15, 20 years ago... :D My daughter absolutely loves music. In fact, we joke that we live in a house that is a Glee reality show because of her turning EVERYTHING into a song. After my only GA PJ experiences in Missoula last year and Pittsburgh to open this tour, I felt that I could get away with it. And what better first concert experience than Pearl Jam from right in front of the stage?!?!?!? Since I got her Lightning Bolt, she has been listening to it pretty much exclusively. So while it may be the 10th for the rest of us, Lightning Bolt is PJ album #1 for her. In the last week, I gave her a copy of Ten to listen to. This morning when she was getting dressed, I heard Porch blasting from her room. I think she is hooked. So, Ed, thanks for thinking of my shoulders. Jill, thanks for taking care of my little girl. You two kept an absolutely incredible evening from turning sour at the end and instead turned an already incredibly memorable night into... well... something that words just can't describe. So, again... Thank You!

As for me, getting pulled up to the side of the stage for an encore at a Pearl Jam show? To say that I was as giddy as a school girl would just be cliche. It was obvious that I was more giddy than the school girl. At that point in the night, she was just glad to be sitting down with a bottle of water.

Walking out of the arena, it seemed as if everyone recognized Bethany as "The Girl". She got high fives from people and some even stopped and asked her to take a picture with them. So, walking out the door this morning to go to school (yes she went to school today), I asked Bethany how my little Rock Star was feeling this morning. She gave me a 1 word response. "Famous". This just made me smile and tell her that I love her. And think... How in the hell am I going to answer the questions when she starts asking about Bee Girl?

Brian
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    BM105371 wrote:
    I have to write this. And this seems like the best place to write it and it possibly make it into Ed and Jill's hands. If someone could pass it along to Ed and Jill, it would be greatly appreciated. So... here goes.

First off, I want to thank Ed for the invitation to the side of the stage. Second, Thank you Jill for taking Bethany and getting her a bottle of water and a seat right next to the stage, talking with her, and giving her your sweater when she started to get cold and for just being absolutely awesome. At that point of the night, she had just run out of gas. She was tired, thirsty, sweaty, just plain uncomfortable and wanted to go home to bed. She wouldn't say this to me because of our talks about what to expect if she came to the show with me and what I expected from her, but I knew what was going on. This amazing display of generosity and kindness was above and beyond anything that I could have ever imagined. I realize that I pushed the envelope in bringing her to this show. Some would say that the GA floor of a Pearl Jam concert is no place for a 7 year old. Obviously, I disagree. Maybe 10, 15, 20 years ago... :D My daughter absolutely loves music. In fact, we joke that we live in a house that is a Glee reality show because of her turning EVERYTHING into a song. After my only GA PJ experiences in Missoula last year and Pittsburgh to open this tour, I felt that I could get away with it. And what better first concert experience than Pearl Jam from right in front of the stage?!?!?!? Since I got her Lightning Bolt, she has been listening to it pretty much exclusively. So while it may be the 10th for the rest of us, Lightning Bolt is PJ album #1 for her. In the last week, I gave her a copy of Ten to listen to. This morning when she was getting dressed, I heard Porch blasting from her room. I think she is hooked. So, Ed, thanks for thinking of my shoulders. Jill, thanks for taking care of my little girl. You two kept an absolutely incredible evening from turning sour at the end and instead turned an already incredibly memorable night into... well... something that words just can't describe. So, again... Thank You!

As for me, getting pulled up to the side of the stage for an encore at a Pearl Jam show? To say that I was as giddy as a school girl would just be cliche. It was obvious that I was more giddy than the school girl. At that point in the night, she was just glad to be sitting down with a bottle of water.

Walking out of the arena, it seemed as if everyone recognized Bethany as "The Girl". She got high fives from people and some even stopped and asked her to take a picture with them. So, walking out the door this morning to go to school (yes she went to school today), I asked Bethany how my little Rock Star was feeling this morning. She gave me a 1 word response. "Famous". This just made me smile and tell her that I love her. And think... How in the hell am I going to answer the questions when she starts asking about Bee Girl?

Brian

Amazing! Speechless. Best band on the planet!
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    did they start around 8:30 again?

really hope they aren't actually playing at 7:30 tomorrow. after work trips from LA to SD don't go well with 7:30 start times
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,242
    BM105371 wrote:
    I have to write this. And this seems like the best place to write it and it possibly make it into Ed and Jill's hands. If someone could pass it along to Ed and Jill, it would be greatly appreciated. So... here goes.

Brian
    Awesome!!!!!
    So cool that Ed invited you up and Jill took care of your daughter. I couldn't see you from where I was but thought "how cool would that be!!" :D
  • retroponyretropony Myrtle Beach SC Posts: 349
    BM105371 wrote:

Brian

that.........is spectacular!
    Washington DC 2008
    Charlotte NC 2013
    Greenville SC 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
  • Anybody else see Kerry Wood last night? :D
  • Taft wrote:
    Wonder if Pendulumorphosis is the same intro they played at Worcester 2, which was Pendulum based.

Worcester 1, but yeah. Re-listening to an AUD of the show now and it sounded like just the piano notes from Pendulum. I was under the impression it was recorded walk-on music in the PA. I've put the FLAC (4.8 MB) here. After the intro faded they started with Release.

THANK YOU! I've been searching for this ever since I first read about it on the night of the show!
  • They hit the stage at 8:22. Left stage about 11:20. Review to come...

Maybe PHX won't need a 2nd fanclub sale next time. :oops:
    192xxx
    6/26+27/98, 10/8/00 (IB), 6/21/03, 9/3+4/11 (PJ20) - East Troy
    6/29/98, 10/9/00, 6/18/03, 5/16+17/06, 8/23+24/09, 8/20+22/16, 8/18+20/18, *8/29+31/24 - Chicago
    6/6/03 - Las Vegas
    10/5/04, 9/18/22 - St. Louis
    6/29/06, 10/20/14 - Milwaukee
    11/19/13 - Phoenix
    4/26/16 - Lexington

• RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    Ed is always keeping an eye out to make sure everyone is okay in the GA area. I thought this was great as I didn't bring my daughter because I didn't think she'd be able to make it all the way through the show standing and was glad to see that they took care of you as I was sympathizing with you. You and your daughter now have a great memory to share. Congrats to our famous 7 year old.
    BM105371 wrote:

Brian
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO