*** Phoenix Fanviews Here 11/19/13 ***

Comments

• Can anyone work out what was the crossed out song in the second encore that STBC replaced?

https://mobile.twitter.com/PearlJam/sta ... 025/photos

I think it was Black.
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited November 2013
    http://msn.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/r ... ert-112013

its good to be tall...and have a 400mm f2.8 lens at the back of GA, and stage access, but he's been on board since the beginning, so...
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    BF25394 wrote:
    it's hard to imaginnnnne....

PLUS Around the Bend for my boy Brian!

I can only assume that your presence was what inspired the band to play it. Thanks, Jay!

Thanks bro! Have an amazing FIFTIETH!
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 2,844
    BF25394 wrote:
    it's hard to imaginnnnne....

PLUS Around the Bend for my boy Brian!

I can only assume that your presence was what inspired the band to play it. Thanks, Jay!

Thanks bro! Have an amazing FIFTIETH!

Just so there's no misunderstanding, he's referring to my 50th show, which will be tonight, not my 50th birthday, which will never happen.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Now we wait for 15 weeks to get the boot. Can not wait for this one! Expected boot on 3/5? :corn:
  • southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 988
    What an amazing setlist! :o
    rustedsigns
    joanna4136 wrote:
    My god i love being a part of this fanbase. it's absolutely surreal at times - this whole collective - this giving and receiving from the band and fans. i'm just THANKFUL.
    Yeah... :)
    rustedsigns
    One thing I loved about last night that no one has noted here is Ed's speech about how where they live in Washington both gay marriage and marijuana are legal. He then said something like "we haven't had any problems with it up there, come on Arizona - hint hint". He has a great way of pointing out something we might need to improve on without being rude about it.
    Absolutely!!!
    rustedsigns
    FrankieG wrote:
    Spags wrote:
    First person to post youtube clip of that intro gets a cookie!

Make it 2 cookies! Anyone?! :)
    3 cookies. Getaway pleassssseeee...
    rustedsigns
  • FrankieG wrote:
    Spags wrote:

Don't have video or even a picture--was too busy rocking out on that one. That being said, as good as Getaway was musically, Eddie wrote too many words for the pre-chorus parts and had some serious trouble keeping them straight. Was still awesome to hear it live as it is my favorite track from the new album.
  • I captured most of the Phoenix show with these cool Sony binoculars I have that record video in 1080p HD. Pretty nice being able to see the band UP CLOSE from the stands and film at the same time. A good friend of mine gave me his amazingly good audio recording to replace the so-so sound the binoculars recorded. Going to the painstaking process now of dubbing in the new audio track by track. I've done 6 songs so far and uploaded the videos to my YouTube channel. It'll take a few days to get all of them done and uploaded.

http://www.youtube.com/user/azsunsfan/videos
  • jstu39jstu39 Posts: 140
    Looks and sounds great! Is the audio out there for others?
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,646
    So is there consensus that Phoenix is the best of the west thus far?
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    unreal, this is like my dream setlist
  • Top 5 PJ shows easily I have seen... Hard To Imagine .... hmmmm Magical set list, could be due to they have not been to Phoenix since 03' .. had a score to settle... I am willing to accept the lapse, with a set list as I saw in Phoenix...
  • Definitely was a show to remember... the set list was like no other on the NA Tour thus far... I have Hard To Imagine on Video from row 7 side stage I will be posting up on YouTube, along with "Footsteps"... the vibe was amazing and the crowd was as loud as I could ever remember at a Phoenix PJ show... PJ always getting better with time... PS: Ed was pretty blitzed at the end... good for him!
    pjpjpaul wrote:
  • slawdyslawdy Posts: 30
    I was trying to think about this concert and rank it like everybody else. Where does it score on the chart?
    Then I decided, who gives a f#@)!! Why do I have to say this show was better than that show, that show was better then this show...

I will certainly say it was as fun and exciting of show that I have ever seen, ever. Set list was great, but to me, that is not what set it apart. The energy was off the charts...the people and fans were off the charts. Pearl Jam was performing at a high of level (very high level). They brought their "A" game, so did the folks in Phoenix.

Whether it was the best show, top 5, or so on...... I will never forget that experience.

Epic!
  • Amen Brother, amen....
    slawdy wrote:
    I was trying to think about this concert and rank it like everybody else. Where does it score on the chart?
    Then I decided, who gives a f#@)!! Why do I have to say this show was better than that show, that show was better then this show...

I will certainly say it was as fun and exciting of show that I have ever seen, ever. Set list was great, but to me, that is not what set it apart. The energy was off the charts...the people and fans were off the charts. Pearl Jam was performing at a high of level (very high level). They brought their "A" game, so did the folks in Phoenix.

Whether it was the best show, top 5, or so on...... I will never forget that experience.

Epic!
  • Video's of Hard To Imagine and Footsteps from Phoenix will be up by around 2 a.m. at you tube speed.. lol Here is the link for when Hard To Imagine will be, Footsteps will be in my other video uploading right now... http://youtu.be/McCRqKoNQB4

19%
  • Fantastic Show ! It was my 7th PJ show and I was able to check a few songs off my "not seen live list"!
    Encore 1 was jaw dropping....Around the Bend, Footsteps, Hard to Imagine, and Alone....and then to end the show with Indifference was a closer I hadn't seen. The 1st 3 songs of Long Road, Release, and Low Light gave me chills !!! :shock:
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,242
    So much fun!!!!!
    MadMadison gets it!
  • man_uv_the_hourman_uv_the_hour Toronto Posts: 107
    IF ANYBODY FROM THE BAND READS THIS: PLEASE PLAY "AROUND THE BEND" IN TORONTO.

I second this. Grail of grails.
    Last comments until Seattle b/c I am having a few beverages.

It was truly a masterpiece. Thanks again. From desert to rain. I will see you in December.

Pearl Jam has changed the game.

Peace.
  • Videos are still uploading on YouTube... they are really worth the wait. Hard To Imagine and Footsteps turned out fantastic with great sound quality... live from Phoenix... Hang in there... :corn:
    madmadison wrote:
    Definitely was a show to remember... the set list was like no other on the NA Tour thus far... I have Hard To Imagine on Video from row 7 side stage I will be posting up on YouTube, along with "Footsteps"... the vibe was amazing and the crowd was as loud as I could ever remember at a Phoenix PJ show... PJ always getting better with time... PS: Ed was pretty blitzed at the end... good for him!
    pjpjpaul wrote:
    edited November 2013
    Post edited by ikiT on
  • besides youtube any crowd boots out there yet while we wait? :corn:

• killer pics! i like the Stone pic on 2nd page. Great great pics!
  • FrankieG wrote:
    Spags wrote:

JIC you still haven't seen/heard it.

http://youtu.be/pBOLutOaMhU