Options

So... Europe 2014...

1282930313234»

Comments

• Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Going to Hellfest in France then PJ in Berlin. It's going to be an EPIC summer!!
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    duska3419 wrote:
    DavieB wrote:
    I feel like an asshole too, as others will be delighted with these dates. It's luck of the draw, and I'll get my turn. I got amazingly lucky with dates in 2012.

I feel for you though - if you were visiting Europe, Leeds and Milton Keynes are hardly up there on the map!! I still feel they could play one of the 2 big London festivals - Hard Rock Calling or British Summer Time - so please still hold out hope for that! :-)

I'm gonna admit to being a dumbass American here and face the wrath of the boards, but I've never even heard of Milton Keynes.
    I am definitely hoping they add some more dates. In the meantime I'm trying to figure out if I should consider skipping a couple shows.

Its a 65000 capacity outdoor bowl, will they really fill that ?
    No way unless they add some big names to the bill, especially at that price! Also Neil Young and The Nationals (and lots of other bands) are playing Hyde Park the next day, for cheaper (and much easier to get to/from).

Milton Keynes is by far the closest show for me, but I'm skipping it (but going to see Uncle Neil :-) )
  • Options
    I'm thinking of going to the 1st 5 shows of the tour :shifty:, although going from Vienna to Berlin seems like a bit too much :fp: . And my wife doesn 't want to go to Amsterdam again but that won't stop ME from going :lol: . Also thinking of leaving her in Vienna, go to the Wuhleide show & then return to Vienna. Need a few days to figure this out :crazy: .
    My wife doesn't want to do Amsterdam again either, but there's no way I would get away with going without her!
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Options
    Twiggy57 wrote:
    I'm thinking of going to the 1st 5 shows of the tour :shifty:, although going from Vienna to Berlin seems like a bit too much :fp: . And my wife doesn 't want to go to Amsterdam again but that won't stop ME from going :lol: . Also thinking of leaving her in Vienna, go to the Wuhleide show & then return to Vienna. Need a few days to figure this out :crazy: .

Woow, I think that many people, including me, wished we
    had so much money

Working on my 2nd life which started 6/17/2001. I learned you can't take it with you :ugeek: .

It also helps that my wife is a flight attendant & I fly stand-by ;)
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Twiggy57 wrote:

Woow, I think that many people, including me, wished we
    had so much money

Working on my 2nd life which started 6/17/2001. I learned you can't take it with you :ugeek: .

It also helps that my wife is a flight attendant & I fly stand-by ;)

I should marry a flight attendant. Or a pilot. They're gone all the time and you get to fly for cheap. Dunno why I didn't think of this sooner, that sounds perfect! :D

Joe since your wife doesn't wanna do Amsterdam maybe she will enjoy those extra days in Milan. OR perhaps consider Bruges, the fast train between Amsterdam and Bruges is like 3 hours, check it: http://www.b-europe.co.uk/Travel/Booking/Tickets?fromlink=true&autoactivatestep2=true&originname=Amsterdam+Central+(NL)+(+cs%2C+central+)&destname=Brugge+(Be)+(+Bruges+)&traveltype=TwoWay&outbound=22%2F02%2F2014&outboundt=&outboundtp=DepartureTime&inbound=23%2F02%2F2014&inboundt=&inboundtp=DepartureTime&comfortclass=2&nrofadults=1&maxnroftransfers=&greenpoints=&tcp=&ecp=&icp=&fcp=&usediscount=null&useftpcards=false&ticketlanguage=null#stepTrainSelection

I plan on visiting Bruges for a day or two and making a bunch of jokes from the movie on social media that no one will understand because hardly anyone has seen it. :P
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options

It also helps that ... I fly stand-by ;)

THIS

The only way to travel internationally! 8-)
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?