Options

So... Europe 2014...

Comments

• Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,699
    mrk2 wrote:
    Why are you all so obsessed with festivals? I hope they don't play any festivals next summer, more own shows = better. Last year was perfect.

Agreed
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    Not obsessed but a festival is better than no PJ at all...
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    mrk2 wrote:
    Why are you all so obsessed with festivals? I hope they don't play any festivals next summer, more own shows = better. Last year was perfect.
    I hate festivals. But IF PJ was to return to Sweden, I'm pretty sure it would be a festival show. Just because festivals suck.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    TigaSefiTigaSefi Posts: 276
    New festival in Sweden called "Stockholm Fields" in May. Metallica and Slayer are announced. Maybe Pearl Jam will be too... who knows:P

But it's only one day, so guess not.

But maybe Way Out West in Gothenburg in August, maybe....

They should come back to Sweden anyways!

Hope so as I really enjoyed them in Stockholm and I enjoyed the city as well! 8-)
    London 02 18/09/2009 London Hyde Park 25/06/2010 Arras 03/07/2010 Werchter 04/07/2010 Manchester 21/06/2012 Amsterdam 26/06/2012 Stockholm 07/07/2012 Portland 29/11/2013 Spokane 30/11/2013 Amsterdam 16/06/14 Leeds 08/07/14 London 02 Arena 18/06/2018 London 02 Arena 17/07/2018 London Hyde Park 08/07/2022 London Hyde Park 09/07/2022
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    mrk2 wrote:
    noone is obsessed with festivals..its just the time the festivals at europe announce the headliness and if 1 announce pj.then u have a tour...its the "info" that all is searching,noone is crazy to want to see pj at festrival than their own show
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Chrisilein wrote:
    Not obsessed but a festival is better than no PJ at all...
    yep,any day i can take that,than no pj at all
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    So which festivals are rules out so far?

Rock am Ring
    Pinkpop
  • Options
    So which festivals are rules out so far?

Rock am Ring
    Pinkpop
    and a few at uk?
  • Options
    With regards to the UK, all the evidence does point to an appearance at Glastonbury.

Glastonbury organisers have confirmed their headliners are "bands" rather than "artists". They've confirmed that all 3 headliners have never played the festival before (which Pearl Jam haven't) and it's been widely reported that Glastonbury have been after the band for many years. With the rumour of a Pearl Jam tour in June, the stars seem to be aligning for this.

Given the way in which PJ tour, it's then unlikely that there will be any further UK dates. Many Glastonbury headliners play their own shows around the festival but PJ will likely only tour Europe for 3 to 4 weeks maximum. That's a lot of countries to get around in such a short space of time. Glastonbury must be an attractive prospect to the band. It's the UK's most legendary music event and most of the greatest bands in history have headlined the festival.

The other option as i see it will be for the band to scrap festival shows completely and concentrate on their own outdoor, stadium type shows. They're certainly big enough now in Europe to be a stadium/park sized attraction.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options

The other option as i see it will be for the band to scrap festival shows completely and concentrate on their own outdoor, stadium type shows. They're certainly big enough now in Europe to be a stadium/park sized attraction.
    this is true
  • Options
    I don't see PJ playing Glastonbury. They are too over exposed having played Reading/Leeds, Hard Rock Calling and Isle of Wight in recent years. Plus they would be an expensive act with little mainstream appeal. I haven't seen it rumoured anywhere except this thread.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    I don't see PJ playing Glastonbury. They are too over exposed having played Reading/Leeds, Hard Rock Calling and Isle of Wight in recent years. Plus they would be an expensive act with little mainstream appeal. I haven't seen it rumoured anywhere except this thread.

I sincerely hope you are right
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

me too, tickets would be next to impossible
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

• Options
    Glastonbury has already sold out for 2014.

Unless they play stuff off Ten then the average Glasto knobber won't know anything they will play.
    It'll be a shitstorm and completely not worth them doing
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721

Unless they play stuff off Ten then the average Glasto knobber won't know anything they will play.

very true.

lets hope this is swerved

no day tickets either
  • Options
    Twiggy57Twiggy57 Posts: 136
    yep,no pj at pinkpop

Ohhh I am really disappointed, until today I really hoped to see them there :cry:
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

very true.

no day tickets either

So then to make the no-festivals list complete:
    No appearance on
    Pinkpop
    Rock am Ring
    Glastonbury

and hopefully not again on Rock Werchter either :nono:
  • Options
    Twiggy57 wrote:
    No appearance on
    Pinkpop
    Rock am Ring
    Glastonbury
    Plus no Southside or Hurricane appearance, so no festival shows in Germany.
  • Options
    Twiggy57 wrote:
    No appearance on
    Pinkpop
    Rock am Ring
    Glastonbury
    Plus no Southside or Hurricane appearance, so no festival shows in Germany.

Maybe for the first time Sziget festival in Hungaria??
  • Options
    Twiggy57 wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

very true.

no day tickets either

No appearance on
    Pinkpop
    Rock am Ring
    Glastonbury

no download either
  • Options
    The SSE Hydro in Glasgow.

It is new and built for concerts. PJ hasn't played in Scotland for years.

IMHO
    Hold On
  • Options

IMHO

Yes, a trip to my favorite European country Scotland would be nice indeed and hopefully with Ryan Air not too expensive either :)
  • Options

IMHO

yes please :D
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136

Glastonbury has a ticket resale in spring if you're registered.
    It also ticks a lot of the bands charitable principles.
    Whilst I don't want them to play it really, I can understand why they would.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    dottles wrote:

Glastonbury has a ticket resale in spring if you're registered.
    It also ticks a lot of the bands charitable principles.
    Whilst I don't want them to play it really, I can understand why they would.

haha so now there will come a mass-registration on the Glastonbury site :lol:
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Twiggy57 wrote:

No appearance on
    Pinkpop
    Rock am Ring
    Glastonbury

Glastonbury do not announce their headliners until spring/summer so we don't actually know about that one. It has been mooted on some of the Glastobury forums but other bands such as Fleetwood Mac seem to be more heavily favoured.
    Reading/Leeds still have headline slots to announce and Sonisphere (UK) has one headline slot left.
    IOW announce next week but I can't seem them playing that again so soon!
    HRC still don't have a sponsor I guess.

Maybe we will just get arenas, maybe a wider number of countries, one arena in each one ...

I think we should just be happy if they announce a tour!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    dottles wrote:

I think we should just be happy if they announce a tour!
    yep
  • Options
    exileexile Dublin Posts: 82
    Need to hear tour confirmation soon , starting to get obsessive now ... :oops:
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281

being a Glasto Knobber my self :lolno: !!!! i reckon they would go down great at the festi plus itll be a dream of mine come true . :D

shitstorm ....if you referring to the weather if you go to ANY English festi then you take your chances and if your talking about how the band will go down ...same as the above 8-) :corn:

not worth doing ......you on drugs old son wtf why is it they are ok to play IOW ,Reading ect ALL inferior festivals [ imo ] and ive been to them all when it seems you dont think there should play glasto.

as for tickets yes they have sold out yes they dont release the line up till march/april but yes tickets can still be got if your registered and if your lucky .
    im personally REALLY REALLY hoping they play