Options

So... Europe 2014...

Comments

• Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    Just play in Europe again that´s all I ask for :D

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    Twiggy57Twiggy57 Posts: 136
    I just read that Metallica will be main act at Pinkpop.
    Does that mean that PJ will not attend the festival?? :roll:
  • Options
    i read on nme.com that the reading boss has two headliners booked. one to be confirmed. he said one was an american band who headlined before, so im thinking foos or pj

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Twiggy57 wrote:
    I just read that Metallica will be main act at Pinkpop.
    Does that mean that PJ will not attend the festival?? :roll:
    i prefer pj at ziggo
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    So are there any more rumours, I am obviously in the dark as I've not heard a lot.
    There seem to be suggestions of UK/Ire, The Netherlands, Germany, Portugal, Spain and Italy... but are they just wishful thinking?
    What about this Sonisphere UK rumour? They announce headliners on Monday, Reading/Leeds on Tuesday (but that's in August and peeps were rumouring June/July)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    What countries are we hoping for? What countries (except for Germany as usual) do you think are in the running?

My bet is no nordic countries, if not Denmark.

Southern Europe this time? Italy again, Spain/Portugal?

Hoping for eastern Europe, would love to visit Hungary or Poland etc.

Would rather have an Asian tour, but that will not happen.
    They never skip The Netherlands when they tour Europe 8-)
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • Options
    It will be hard for me to EVER miss a chance to see this band in Amsterdam again after those two shows there last year. That has got to be one of the very best cities on the planet, so when the best band in the fucking world plays there I think I just have to find a way to be there too...
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    AponeApone Posts: 580
    spearhead wrote:
    It will be hard for me to EVER miss a chance to see this band in Amsterdam again after those two shows there last year. That has got to be one of the very best cities on the planet, so when the best band in the fucking world plays there I think I just have to find a way to be there too...

I agree.

Love Amsterdam and would be immense to see them there.

Plus can get flights from Newcastle and be there in 75 minutes which is a bonus!
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    i can understand our friends wishes,but next year the south europe must have some love..its time some of u to get out of the "island " to see the band
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    i can understand our friends wishes,but next year the south europe must have some love..its time some of u to get out of the "island " to see the band
    Or go to... ... ... Iceland... to see the band.

Would be cool. Foo Fighetrs played there I think.

Anyways.

Certain are Germany.
    Pretty certain are England, Netherlands, France, Italy.
    Pretty far fetched are the Nordic countries.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Or go to... ... ... Iceland... to see the band.

Would be cool. Foo Fighetrs played there I think.

Anyways.

Certain are Germany.
    Pretty certain are England, Netherlands, France, Italy.
    Pretty far fetched are the Nordic countries.
    im talking about our friends here that want to see more than one show at tour and ALL at their city or closest city to them inside uk..
    well,maybe to get a passport..if they do a 10-15 shows tours as usual,uk must be happy to get one..alwayts get one..
    not want the half tour on the island..there are 50 more countries at europe..and the shows are sold out always..whereever they play
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,939
    Yeah, happy to see them outside of UK...Italy would be pretty cool.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    MI76260MI76260 Gothenburg, Sweden Posts: 142
    Sweden again please. Why not Way out West in Gothenburg. Great festival as it is and with Pearl Jam as one of the headlines it would be even better!
  • Options
    Twiggy57Twiggy57 Posts: 136
    Somebody here told us that he/she was pretty sure that the European dates will be announced before
    X-mas............let's cross our fingers that it will be true :?
  • Options
    Twiggy57 wrote:
    Somebody here told us that he/she was pretty sure that the European dates will be announced before
    X-mas............let's cross our fingers that it will be true :?

that would be fabulous...then I can start to plan my vacation
  • Options
    MI76260 wrote:
    Sweden again please. Why not Way out West in Gothenburg. Great festival as it is and with Pearl Jam as one of the headlines it would be even better!
    Rather have them playing Trädgårdsföreingen :) Or Konserthuset.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484

I will be happy to travel to Greece. My sister recently moved there.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    jumbojet wrote:

is she single?? :P i kid i kid!! :D:D
    hoope she enjoy her time here!!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    NIN is doing UK in May. I would love to be there for that but if PJ is going to play in the actual summer, during school holidays it would be better for me timing wise.

I would need to join a touring group though. If they announce before Christmas that would be cool.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    jumbojet wrote:

is she single?? :P i kid i kid!! :D:D
    hoope she enjoy her time here!!

Not really, she's with the son. :)
    Her husband travels to see them on week-ends.
    Selanik, I believe.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    MI76260MI76260 Gothenburg, Sweden Posts: 142
    Yes, that would be even better! :)
    Rather have them playing Trädgårdsföreingen :) Or Konserthuset.
  • Options
    im talking about our friends here that want to see more than one show at tour and ALL at their city or closest city to them inside uk..
    well,maybe to get a passport..if they do a 10-15 shows tours as usual,uk must be happy to get one..alwayts get one..
    not want the half tour on the island..there are 50 more countries at europe..and the shows are sold out always..whereever they play

Hey now mister, there are equally people who own passports and have seen them more outside the UK than in it!
    Everyone wants them to play close to home, and everyone would love to have multiple shows in their country, not just those residing in the UK. Like in every country there are people who can't travel because of family and work commitments so of course they want to dream and wish of multiple dates. Fair enough, since 1992 the UK has been very lucky considering it's size! I think if we don't get a festival show then we might get a couple of dates and you and I both know that seeing them a couple of times just leaves you wanting more ;):lol:
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,939
    We better all put on our lucky pants then!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Spags wrote:
    We better all put on our lucky pants then!
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    There are some festival announcements this week, I wonder if PJ will be listed on any of them
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    dottles wrote:
    There are some festival announcements this week, I wonder if PJ will be listed on any of them

which fests Leanne?
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    dottles wrote:

which fests Leanne?

Sorry to but into the question but I believe Reading/Leeds is announced this Tuesday

Sonisphere aswell potentially this week
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    dottles wrote:

which fests Leanne?
    i think pinkpop too,,they announce metallica 4 hours ago as one of the headlines,they will play the 3rd and last day of the festival,mon 9th june
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    dottles wrote:

which fests Leanne?
    i think pinkpop too,,they announce metallica 4 hours ago as one of the headlines

Nice one.

I saw an article the other day from the guy who runs the Reading festival, saying something along the lines of 2 headliners are booked, one of them being an American band who have headlined (or just played, can't remember) there before.

Could it be the mighty Pearl Jam? I would guess PJ or the Foos
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Somebody posted something about a contest on fb where it said that one of the prizes was tickets to a PJ show in the continental US in early 2014. Maybe they do a third US leg before something EU will be announced? :corn: