Options

So... Europe 2014...

Comments

• Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    Twiggy57 wrote:

Maybe for the first time Sziget festival in Hungaria??

A dream would come true for me, they have never played there while I always buy at least day tickets for 20 years. However it is a late summer festival and any confirmed PJ show in June would rule out their participation at Sziget. :( But I'm up for it any year!!! :roll:
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,972
    exile wrote:
    Need to hear tour confirmation soon , starting to get obsessive now ... :oops:

Absolutely, it's the only thread I seek out whe logging on!
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    guypjfreak wrote:
    Glastonbury has already sold out for 2014.

Unless they play stuff off Ten then the average Glasto knobber won't know anything they will play.
    It'll be a shitstorm and completely not worth them doing

being a Glasto Knobber my self :lolno: !!!! i reckon they would go down great at the festi plus itll be a dream of mine come true . :D

shitstorm ....if you referring to the weather if you go to ANY English festi then you take your chances and if your talking about how the band will go down ...same as the above 8-) :corn:

not worth doing ......you on drugs old son wtf why is it they are ok to play IOW ,Reading ect ALL inferior festivals [ imo ] and ive been to them all when it seems you dont think there should play glasto.

as for tickets yes they have sold out yes they dont release the line up till march/april but yes tickets can still be got if your registered and if your lucky .
    im personally REALLY REALLY hoping they play

Thanks heavens I'm not the only person who read that and thought wtf!

Not worth doing? Some bands have made careers on Glastonbury performances while most headliners see an instant boost in their record sales following a headline slot as it comes with TV coverage. So if you think it's not worth them doing from a business point of view then you're wrong.

If you meant that they wouldn't fit in to Glastonbury then that's not true either. It's been many years since I attended Glastonbury but in 1994 one of the best received performances of the whole weekend was Rage Against The Machine. People were still buzzing and talking about it the next day. A "rock" headliner is always goes down well at Glastonbury and as some festivals like V, T in the Park and to a lesser extent Reading and Leeds have moved increasingly towards a more mainstream line up, Pearl Jam probably fit with Glastonbury better than any other UK festival right now.

I'm always surprised that people after so long don't understand how touring works and what it's for. The band probably get very little say in where they are actually booked to play, other than that they won't do long tours anymore. Promoters and management will priortise making the most money in the shortest space of time. They don't care what the long time fans of the band want or if those people will be able to get tickets.

It's like when they announce a tour at this time of year and you get people saying "Oh, I hope they've listened to their fans and don't put the tickets on sale until after Christmas". The reason so many tours go on sale in late November/early December is so tickets can be bought as Christmas presents for people as it's a time when people are looking to spend money. The fact that a few fans might not be able to afford tickets for multiple shows at the time is I'm sure never even a consideration. Yet people still don't get it.
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    guypjfreak wrote:
    Glastonbury has already sold out for 2014.

Unless they play stuff off Ten then the average Glasto knobber won't know anything they will play.
    It'll be a shitstorm and completely not worth them doing

being a Glasto Knobber my self :lolno: !!!! i reckon they would go down great at the festi plus itll be a dream of mine come true . :D

shitstorm ....if you referring to the weather if you go to ANY English festi then you take your chances and if your talking about how the band will go down ...same as the above 8-) :corn:

not worth doing ......you on drugs old son wtf why is it they are ok to play IOW ,Reading ect ALL inferior festivals [ imo ] and ive been to them all when it seems you dont think there should play glasto.

as for tickets yes they have sold out yes they dont release the line up till march/april but yes tickets can still be got if your registered and if your lucky .
    im personally REALLY REALLY hoping they play

Thanks heavens I'm not the only person who read that and thought wtf!

Not worth doing? Some bands have made careers on Glastonbury performances while most headliners see an instant boost in their record sales following a headline slot as it comes with TV coverage. So if you think it's not worth them doing from a business point of view then you're wrong.

If you meant that they wouldn't fit in to Glastonbury then that's not true either. It's been many years since I attended Glastonbury but in 1994 one of the best received performances of the whole weekend was Rage Against The Machine. People were still buzzing and talking about it the next day. A "rock" headliner is always goes down well at Glastonbury and as some festivals like V, T in the Park and to a lesser extent Reading and Leeds have moved increasingly towards a more mainstream line up, Pearl Jam probably fit with Glastonbury better than any other UK festival right now.

I'm always surprised that people after so long don't understand how touring works and what it's for. The band probably get very little say in where they are actually booked to play, other than that they won't do long tours anymore. Promoters and management will priortise making the most money in the shortest space of time. They don't care what the long time fans of the band want or if those people will be able to get tickets.

It's like when they announce a tour at this time of year and you get people saying "Oh, I hope they've listened to their fans and don't put the tickets on sale until after Christmas". The reason so many tours go on sale in late November/early December is so tickets can be bought as Christmas presents for people as it's a time when people are looking to spend money. The fact that a few fans might not be able to afford tickets for multiple shows at the time is I'm sure never even a consideration. Yet people still don't get it.

well as a seasoned Glasto guy myself, and an attendee at that same Rage show you witnessed, with the whole crowd bouncing all the way back to the tents.......and seeing it all right through to 2004.......I noticed a distinct change in the festival. It became a lot less fun, it became all about the money, full of corporates looking for a crazy weekend in a field....we used to refer to them as the 'hoorays'.....the line ups these last few years have been on the decline......to me the festival isn't the giant it was 'back in the day'. of course that's all purely opinion based, but I think a band like Pj are far better suited to the Reading festivel - however the timing of that wouldn't work so its anyones quess.
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    [quote="pdalowsky

well as a seasoned Glasto guy myself, and an attendee at that same Rage show you witnessed, with the whole crowd bouncing all the way back to the tents.......and seeing it all right through to 2004.......I noticed a distinct change in the festival. It became a lot less fun, it became all about the money, full of corporates looking for a crazy weekend in a field....we used to refer to them as the 'hoorays'.....the line ups these last few years have been on the decline......to me the festival isn't the giant it was 'back in the day'. of course that's all purely opinion based, but I think a band like Pj are far better suited to the Reading festivel - however the timing of that wouldn't work so its anyones quess.[/quote]

.........................................................................................................................................

i agree with you about the headliners old son...i HAVE to agree about the corporates shit heads lol but ive not missed a year in 15 years and im still meeting up with friends from all over the country that go year in year out and i think if you dont look and ignore these elements of the festi IE the big brands ect then they dont interfere in your festi experience .
    as for the silly buggers as we call them some times its fun just watching these people play at being hippys or ravers ect for the week end.
    lets just look at the facts tho matt is NOT playing with SG so this would mean that PJ ARE going to DO something i personally would LOVE to see them at my fav festi as ive said 100 times whether they will we will have to see but to say they shouldnt or that glasto isnt a good enough festi for PJ to play is just nuts .
    Bruce has headlined Niel has headlined ,REM ,NIEL DIAMOND, Joan Baez,BOB DYLAN,MUSE ,RATM,STEVIE WONDER,U2,RAIDOHEAD,David Bowie,THE BLOODY ROLLING STONES for christ sake and next year FLLETWOOD MAC look set to headline and some people here seem to think that PEARL JAM either shouldnt play or wouldnt fit in i mean ......COME ON old sons be real .
    whether PJ DO play glasto is NOT the point ill see them where ever they play if i can get there the point is they should and can play and kick ass at this festi if they can pull the crowd at IOW Eddie and the boys would rip glasto BRING IT ON i say ...........hopefully lol
    peace and cider all
  • Options
    Ah yes that all makes perfect sense.

I remember back in the day I dreamed of them playing Glasto.

and I also agree that Glasto is still this countries premier festival.

very happy memories of that cider bus ;)
  • Options
    The SSE Hydro in Glasgow.

It is new and built for concerts. PJ hasn't played in Scotland for years.

IMHO

Counter intuitive here but as the Hydro is just a 2hr drive for me I hope they DON'T play there, I was promised by my Mrs at trip to see then anywhere in Europe after the wash out that was Wrigley (yes, we left before they came back on :-( ) so I am hoping to catch 2 nights somewhere on the continent.

Berlin 2006
    o2 Arena 2009
    Belfast 2010
    Manchester #1 2012
    Wrigley Field 2013

Milan 2014

Amsterdam #1 2018

• Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

as long as Glasto isnt the only UK show then why not

are we still thinking June ?
  • Options
    AponeApone Posts: 580
    pdalowsky wrote:

as long as Glasto isnt the only UK show then why not

are we still thinking June ?

That's what Stone said in the magazine interview a while back. Haven't heard anything to contradict this yet
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

LOL ill be there in 200 days on the dot old son :D:D
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Don't we normally have announcements early December??

Where's the damn bird??
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,185
    strummers wrote:

Where's the damn bird??

Perhaps there will be a new countdown after the Seattle show?
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    strummers wrote:

Where's the damn bird??

9th December for the last 2 Euro tour announcements....
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    radarradar Posts: 769
    this time we get it in the newsletter of 10th December?
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    radar wrote:
    this time we get it in the newsletter of 10th December?

This could be it. Anyway, I guess everyone learned from the Sevens issue, that always stay alert on the 10th of each month, something cool might happen
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    well thats
    Franz Ferdinand announced for Bilbao
    The Black Keys for Optimus Alive! 2014
    Black Sabbath for Belgium's Graspop 2014 plus soundgarden here
    Rock Werchter adds Placebo
    and KOL for Milton Keynes

ooooooo running out of festis hope we get news soon :D
  • Options
    guypjfreak wrote:
    well thats

whats the Milton Keynes one?

and when is it? are there more to come at that?
  • Options
    festivals usually drive the announcemnet date so if there are to be no festivals we may not get dates until new year, the assumptions about dates soon would be because of festivals
  • Options
    festivals usually drive the announcemnet date so if there are to be no festivals we may not get dates until new year, the assumptions about dates soon would be because of festivals

I think dates are coming very soon
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    pdalowsky wrote:

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

good news you two are usually on the ball about these things
  • Options
    OctopuS27OctopuS27 Portugal Posts: 569
    guypjfreak wrote:
    well thats

if not PJ, that made my day :D
    theres still Rock in Rio 10th anniversary
  • Options
    San Siro, Milan on 20th June is gathering momentum.

I hope so

Berlin 2006
    o2 Arena 2009
    Belfast 2010
    Manchester #1 2012
    Wrigley Field 2013

Milan 2014

Amsterdam #1 2018

• Options
    action09 wrote:
    San Siro, Milan on 20th June is gathering momentum.

I hope so
    yeaj,just saw it on twitter
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    TexicoTexico Posts: 122
    "A few minutes ago Live Nation Italy has posted the video for "Sirens" PJ on Facebook, writing: "This is the right piece to get into the mood for the next few days ... :)"
  • Options
    redladyredlady Posts: 602
    Still two headline spots free for rock Werchter.....still hoping for the best aldo .... ;)
    Pukkelpop '95 Neil Young with Pearl Jam without EV
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    Erik1977Erik1977 Heerlen Posts: 140
    redlady wrote:
    Still two headline spots free for rock Werchter.....still hoping for the best aldo .... ;)

I'm sure they will play Werchter, I would be surprised if they wouldn't. Maybe it will be already announced tomorrow since ticket sales is starting tomorrow at 2PM.

As for Italy, I hope it will be more than just one show. Still not sure what to think of San Siro, since it's such a huge stadium. An outdoor Verona show would be nice again :)
    2000 Pinkpop
    2006 Arnhem, Antwerp
    2007 Düsseldorf, Nijmegen
    2009 Rotterdam, London
    2010 London, Nijmegen, Berlin, Arras, Werchter
    2012 Manchester I, Amsterdam I + II, Werchter, Berlin I + II, Stockholm
    2013 Brooklyn I + II, Philly I + II
    2014 Amsterdam I + II, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Werchter, Leeds
    2016 Fenway I + II
    2018 Amsterdam I + II, Pinkpop, London I + II, Padova, Kraków, Barcelona, Seattle I + II
    2022 Pinkpop, Zürich, Frankfurt, London I + II, Prague , Amsterdam I, Amsterdam II
    2023 Austin I + II

• Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    guypjfreak wrote:
    well thats

whats the Milton Keynes one?

and when is it? are there more to come at that?

Kings Of Leon have announced a show at Milton Keynes Bowl for Sunday 22nd June 2014.

Support acts on the day are yet to be confirmed.

Tickets will go on sale priced at £55 (plus booking fees) from 9am on Friday 13th December. We'll have links to buy when on sale.

Read more at http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/13/131 ... 0Ev9Cwk.99

hope this helps :D
  • Options
    4753005858_8daafb953e.jpg:mrgreen:
  • Options
    aennilaennil Posts: 415
    Texico wrote:
    "A few minutes ago Live Nation Italy has posted the video for "Sirens" PJ on Facebook, writing: "This is the right piece to get into the mood for the next few days ... :)"

interesting!