Options

*** Bern Fanviews Here 13/9 ***

Thumbing_My_WayThumbing_My_Way Posts: 1,425
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Opening Band: My Morning Jacket

Pearl Jam Set List: Go, Animal, World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Hail Hail, Dissident, Breakerfall, Even Flow, Glorified G, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Sleight Of Hand, Jeremy, Marker In The Sand, Better Man, Army Reserve, Satan’s Bed, You Are

1st Encore: Garden, Low Light, Do The Evolution, Alive

2nd Encore: Last Exit, Why Go, Rocking in the Free World (by Neil Young), Yellow Ledbetter / (Little Wing)

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post your Fanview if you were in attendance.

Early Set List Source: Message Pit’s “Low Light03”

Set List Source: tenclub.net, sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam and blackredyellow.com
Hold me, and make it the truth,...
That when all is lost there will be you,...
Cause to the universe I don't mean a thing
And there's just one word I stil believe
And it's Love

29-08-06 (Arnhem)
28-06-07 (Nijmegen)
27-06-10 (Nijmegen)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    you are as a set closer.....yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    as Kat says please save this thread for fans who were at the show......you both get a slap on the wrist
  • Options
    Go > ANIMAL opener!!
    Breakerfall! Sleight Of Hand?
    Satans Bed! Low Light! Garden! and Last Exit????

at least a A-. its a bit short.

Sorry for posting in this thread, i just had to defend the set.
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • Options
    C-minus at best. AT BEST.
    07/21/92 - Thunderbird Stadium (Lollapalooza)
    09/04/93 - BC Place Stadium
    07/19/98 - Pacific Coliseum
    11/05/00 - Key Arena
    05/30/03 - GM Place
    09/02/05 - GM Place
    09/04/05 - Pengrowth Saddledome
    09/05/05 - Rexall Place
    09/07/05 - Civic Union Centre
    07/22/06 - The Gorge
    07/23/06 - The Gorge
  • Options
    Sawyer wrote:
    looks like a C- set list to me.........

Is it sour grapes at not being on the tour or do you septics not like Pearl jam songs... I reckon there's several songs that are unlikely:

Last exit
    garden
    Little wing
    Low light
    Sleight of hand
    Glorified G

When was the last Garden was played? What else woudl you want from a setlist? What's an A setlist? Where's the grading system?

I'm fed up with every setlist getting slated as nothing special... every gig is special as far as I can see.... What is it you want?
  • Options
    Is it sour grapes at not being on the tour or do you septics not like Pearl jam songs... I reckon there's several songs that are unlikely:

Last exit
    garden
    Little wing
    Low light
    Sleight of hand
    Glorified G

When was the last Garden was played? What else woudl you want from a setlist? What's an A setlist? Where's the grading system?

I'm fed up with every setlist getting slated as nothing special... every gig is special as far as I can see.... What is it you want?

I fuckin wish I was there thats for sure. Great set
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    Sawyer wrote:
    take a look at Grand Rapids...that will provide a clear blueprint of what an 'A' looks like.

They're hardly similar events.... I still don't see whats wrong with this set. I think your mama was lying when she told you C- was acceptable...
  • Options
    To the American calling this a "C setlist"? fuck off, we got Breakerfall, Sleight, Garden, Glorified G, Last exit, You Are and Little Wing, which don't exactly get played every night. still can^t get over the audience response... the crowd was ASTOUNDING. a bit rough in places, but overall excellent. Never seen Jeff so animated either... he was more dynamic than Mike.

Go was the perfect opener for the show... even before it began you could tell the crowd were going to be exuberant. I felt the floor move a lot. As usual Even Flow got a vigorous recpetion, Mike put a twist on the usual solo and Matt pulled off his Bonham tribute perfectly, but that wasn^t quite enough to divert attention from a young lady on somebodys shoulders with something (well, two somethings) to show everyone for the duration of the song. Glorified G was great to hear, as was Sleight of hand... Army Reserve sounds perfect next to it. Elderly woman got everyone singing along, as did Jeremy and I never imagined that I would live to hear ten thousand Swiss singing along to the fastpaced Satans Bed... a real treat. And to whoever said You Are was a "yuck" setcloser, maybe its one of those things you have to be part of to appreciate. The extended jam worked beautifully and the lightshow helped make it even more mesmerising.

When they came back out Ed asked if he could say something "in American" (fair share of boos, surprise surprise), and threw in the beautifully coined "Danke! Danke very much" which got some laughs too. Low light sent shivers down my spine, and Evolution-Alive got everyone jumping again. The second encore was a bit of a haze, Last Exit was superb, Ed was on absolute top form and screaming his lungs out with great effect, he ran up to the barrier to sing the last bridge of ritfw and naturally gave a few tambourines out. Ledbetter was tagged with the full version of Littke Wing, with vox and all. Mike owned the left side of the stage, came over a few times here and there. Stone was in full duckwalk mode, and still can't get over Jeff, throwing himself all over the place.

The first few rows were pretty hardcore I have to admit, and there was plenty of crowdsurfing too. But not violent or dangerous, it was people having a good time. Im so glad that the shows over here are GA, we get the privilege over the USA who get seats, Im damn thankful for that. Thats all there is to it. Overall a top show with an unusual but competent setlist, roaring crowd and the lads at their best. As Ed sang, "It's been six long years/never dreamed you'd return..." better not leave it so long next time. Keep on ritfw.

Guetenächt and danke very much
  • Options
    wow thats a C setlist
  • Options
    MANTISMANTIS Posts: 272
    To the American calling this a "C setlist"? fuck off, we got Breakerfall, Sleight, Garden, Glorified G, Last exit, You Are and Little Wing, which don't exactly get played every night. still can^t get over the audience response... the crowd was ASTOUNDING. a bit rough in places, but overall excellent. Never seen Jeff so animated either... he was more dynamic than Mike.

Go was the perfect opener for the show... even before it began you could tell the crowd were going to be exuberant. I felt the floor move a lot. As usual Even Flow got a vigorous recpetion, Mike put a twist on the usual solo and Matt pulled off his Bonham tribute perfectly, but that wasn^t quite enough to divert attention from a young lady on somebodys shoulders with something (well, two somethings) to show everyone for the duration of the song. Glorified G was great to hear, as was Sleight of hand... Army Reserve sounds perfect next to it. Elderly woman got everyone singing along, as did Jeremy and I never imagined that I would live to hear ten thousand Swiss singing along to the fastpaced Satans Bed... a real treat. And to whoever said You Are was a "yuck" setcloser, maybe its one of those things you have to be part of to appreciate. The extended jam worked beautifully and the lightshow helped make it even more mesmerising.

When they came back out Ed asked if he could say something "in American" (fair share of boos, surprise surprise), and threw in the beautifully coined "Danke! Danke very much" which got some laughs too. Low light sent shivers down my spine, and Evolution-Alive got everyone jumping again. The second encore was a bit of a haze, Last Exit was superb, Ed was on absolute top form and screaming his lungs out with great effect, he ran up to the barrier to sing the last bridge of ritfw and naturally gave a few tambourines out. Ledbetter was tagged with the full version of Littke Wing, with vox and all. Mike owned the left side of the stage, came over a few times here and there. Stone was in full duckwalk mode, and still can't get over Jeff, throwing himself all over the place.

The first few rows were pretty hardcore I have to admit, and there was plenty of crowdsurfing too. But not violent or dangerous, it was people having a good time. Im so glad that the shows over here are GA, we get the privilege over the USA who get seats, Im damn thankful for that. Thats all there is to it. Overall a top show with an unusual but competent setlist, roaring crowd and the lads at their best. As Ed sang, "It's been six long years/never dreamed you'd return..." better not leave it so long next time. Keep on ritfw.

your pretty protective of your show huh...ive seen better, but not bad at all...

Columbus 00 -- Toronto 00 -- Toronto 03 -- Hershey 03 -- Boston I 04 -- Boston II 04 -- Toledo 04 -- Kitchener 05 -- London 05 -- Hamilton 05 -- Ottawa 05 -- Toronto 05 -- Toronto I 06 -- Toronto II 06 -- Cleveland 06 -- Detroit 06 -- Gorge I 06 -- Gorge II 06 -- Chicago Lolla 07 -- Toronto 09 -- Buffalo 10 -- Hamilton 11 -- Toronto I 11 -- Toronto II 11 -- Buffalo 13 -- London 13 -- Toronto I 16 -- Toronto II 16 -- Ottawa 16 -- Chicago I  18 -- Chicago II 18 -- Hamilton 22 -- Toronto 22

Ed Ved - Toronto I 08--Toronto II 08

• Options
    MANTISMANTIS Posts: 272
    Im so glad that the shows over here are GA, we get the privilege over the USA who get seats, Im damn thankful for that.

yeah, it totally suck havving your own designated space on the floor to rock out on...a seat for the encore breaks to rest your legs, and a hiding spot for your jacket/beer/merch. You got us there!!

Columbus 00 -- Toronto 00 -- Toronto 03 -- Hershey 03 -- Boston I 04 -- Boston II 04 -- Toledo 04 -- Kitchener 05 -- London 05 -- Hamilton 05 -- Ottawa 05 -- Toronto 05 -- Toronto I 06 -- Toronto II 06 -- Cleveland 06 -- Detroit 06 -- Gorge I 06 -- Gorge II 06 -- Chicago Lolla 07 -- Toronto 09 -- Buffalo 10 -- Hamilton 11 -- Toronto I 11 -- Toronto II 11 -- Buffalo 13 -- London 13 -- Toronto I 16 -- Toronto II 16 -- Ottawa 16 -- Chicago I  18 -- Chicago II 18 -- Hamilton 22 -- Toronto 22

Ed Ved - Toronto I 08--Toronto II 08

• Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,255
    am i the only one who thinks thats a great setlist? sleight of hand, you are, satans bed, dissident, breakerfall, garden, low light.............
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    ' wrote:
    V[ANTIS']your pretty protective of your show huh...ive seen better, but not bad at all...

youve seen better? no need to talk like that after somone saw what, to them, was an incredible show. and as for the "c setlist" comment, GET OVER IT. they cant play outstanding sets full of rarities all the time. in fact they havent done it all tour. but opening with go and animal is an awesome pace to start off and when have they ever closed with you are? to the one person that responded on here and was ACTUALLY THERE!!!, im glad you enjoyed yourself. sorry
    i had to post bout a show i wasnt at but people need to stop being so arrogant and cocky when they havent even been able to hear the show yet, let alone say they were there.
  • Options
    SkeeterBSkeeterB If I knew where it was, I would take you there... Posts: 422
    edved82 wrote:
    am i the only one who thinks thats a great setlist? sleight of hand, you are, satans bed, dissident, breakerfall, garden, low light.............

kicks the crap out of Philly 1
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    Great show with a good setlist but a bit short. I was pretty much at the barrier in front of Jeff and it was tough as fuck. The pushing was very intense there. I couldn't move at all for almost the whole main set. Before the first encore I moved a few meters back to the pogo people. The sound at the front wasn't good either, I only heard Ed a little bit.

Now the show:
    Go is a great opener and with Animal following it really got the crowd going. I have to say that I had the impression that Ed was/is ill. He had handkerchiefs and had a cup (of tea?) with him. Maybe I'm wrong but I guess this could be the reason for the short show. He wasn't talkative either.
    I was very surprised to hear sleight of hand and especially this early in the set. Satans Bed was really great. Mike had guitar problems at the beginning of You are. Oh, and I loved hearing Low Light even though most people didn't seem to recognize it (same goes for Last Exit). RITFW was incredible with the whole place freaking out and singing along. The crowd was loud as fuck during the whole show, a really great atmosphere!
    Can't think of any more infos right now....:o
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    poster pic? anyone?
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    Eh, so so setlist. I would give it a good rating except matt's version of musical anti lock brakes, you are, is the set CLOSER?!?! How the hell did that happen? Eeeek.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    You Are would be a great closer! the fact it's not an "in-your-face" song is what makes it. people are expecting something huge and they blindside you with something slow. purely effective and artistic.
    East Troy Icebowl: October 2000
    Council Bluffs, IA: June 2003
    Las Vegas, NV: July 2006
    Lollapalooza, Chicago: August 2007
  • Options
    ' wrote:
    V[ANTIS']yeah, it totally suck havving your own designated space on the floor to rock out on...a seat for the encore breaks to rest your legs, and a hiding spot for your jacket/beer/merch. You got us there!!

The key words in american culture are I, me, my, buy, consume, whatelse... the more stuff you buy, the hardcore fan you are... isn't that right..
    "Lobby tobacco companies. The tobacco companies are going to be in the same position as marijuana at some point. They might be allies before you know it."
    - Stone
  • Options
    i think it looks wonderful.

a fast opener

satans bed, low light, breakerfall.

seriously what do you guys need for a show to be considered A if this is C.

And as an aside, i am happy enough to have seats for the aussie shows. I dont care much for being kicked in the head and shoved around. if moshing is that important to you then maybe your not really there for the music but more for the experience.
    10/11/06, 11/11/06, 13/11/06, 14/11/06, 16/11/06, 19/11/06, 21/11/06, 22/11/06.

+--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No. 35-+--+
  • Options
    As I am a PJ Fan for 6 years now but haven't seen them live (until yesterday!) I gotta say this was great. Who cares about A, B or C setlist or what else, for me, this was awesome. They played Low Light (I never thought to see it live; had tears in my eyes).

The starting with Go, Animal, etc. made the crowd go crazy. I stood in the middle of it all and I was stoked, from the beginning untill the end!

Great Band, great show!

I only missed RVM, but hope they play it on 23rd in Berlin... ;-)

grtz

tom
  • Options
    seriously what do you guys need for a show to be considered A if this is C.

Corduroy??
    I need a fix 'cause I'm going down
  • Options
    strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    As my one chance to see Pearl Jam this tour, I am so happy I went to this show. It was well worth the trip to Switzerland! I would not consider this a "C" setlist at all, but a "B" setlist. It doesn't light me on fire but it also had a lot of great songs, including a few I was not expecting and a few I in five shows had never seen live. The band did have great energy as always, but Ed did seem a bit reserved. The crowd was fucking insane. By far the loudest and most energetic crowd I've ever seen. I was sitting right behind John (if he is the sound guy out in back) and the decibal meter was at 108 for many of the times the crowd was cheering. He even pointed it out to the other guy there in surprise at one point. The crowd was never below 96 decibals during an encore.

Opening with Go and Animal was a surprise to me, I'd been hoping for something newer, but it was a great way to start the show with this high energy crowd. I believe it also means that out of six shows I have seen six different opening tracks. THAT is awesome. Overall a straightforward set with few surprises (Satan's Bed, Sleight of Hand and Lowlight were my real surprises) but a solidly great show thanks to the best band in the world and a kick fucking ass crowd. Anyone who thought the Swiss were mellow and laid back "neutral" people... wow they are so the fuck not.
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • Options
    strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    Bob Weir wrote:
    Corduroy??
    Sorry I guess I've seen them live enough that I don't need Corduroy every show. Or Evenflow or Elderly Woman. This crowd loved the fuck out of both of those songs but I myself am pretty "meh" on both. Matt's solo in Evenflow was the only thing that kept it interesting for me.
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • Options
    strilo wrote:
    Sorry I guess I've seen them live enough that I don't need Corduroy every show. Or Evenflow or Elderly Woman. This crowd loved the fuck out of both of those songs but I myself am pretty "meh" on both. Matt's solo in Evenflow was the only thing that kept it interesting for me.
    I guess sarcasm doesn't translate very well on a message board, I thought the set looked great.
    I need a fix 'cause I'm going down
  • Options
    ManuManu Posts: 40
    Second time I've seen them yesterday since Zurich 2000. Incredible show, great set list (the only song I was missing was "Black") and kick ass crowd. Cannot wait for the bootleg to be out!!
    2000-06-23 Zurich
    2006-09-13 Bern
  • Options
    very good concert last night in the arena. it was a real rock concert and some more quieter moments were missing, low light was the only ballad actually, but the song was just unique and guess did more then compensate the ones that were waiting for black, man of the hour, crazy mary or off he goes. The crowd was good (even swiss do not have chants as in latin countries which then really gets the band to stop between songs and just listen to the chants).......but there were great moments during betterman, jeremy and alive where the audience joined in to sing along most notably during alive. there were maybe around 11'000 in the venue.
    Small town, marker in the sand, why go and especially garden (with an heavy but interesting beginning and this just incredibly emotional tune) were other highlights for me not forgetting the final with yellow ledbetter turning into little wing...........overall great concert.........!!
    ps: saludos a mi hermano cesar que vio el mejor grupo del mundo por primera vez
  • Options
    believe me...i would be overjoyed leaving any pearl jam concert but since i wasn't at this one...this set-list has 7 of my least favorite songs in it...but either way, the boys know how to put on a show and i'm positive it was great
    "I never make plans that far ahead"
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,562
    ' wrote:
    V[ANTIS']yeah, it totally suck havving your own designated space on the floor to rock out on...a seat for the encore breaks to rest your legs, and a hiding spot for your jacket/beer/merch. You got us there!!

I was seated during the perth gig in 2003 and it was like going to a movie. Too many people used their seats during the whole show and people even asked me to sit down so that they could see.

GA gets people going a lot more, and the show gets a lot more enjoyable and memorable.

At least for me....
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,847
    wow thats a C setlist

Sorry, but no setlist with both RITFW and Yellow Ledbetter in the 2nd encore can ever be a C .

I guess you can't hear too well being so far off the ground on your high horse...
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16