Options

*** Hartford Fanviews Here 10/25/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    shawnk wrote:
    arq wrote:
    Does anybody has a video or pciture of Eddie with my "can't touch this" sign? I was sooo happy and focus on the moment that I forgot to take a picture of Eddie holding it.

Found it!!! http://youtu.be/6kjrSyifzA0

Interesting angle from the back. What is the story with that sign, anyway?! So funny!!

OMG this too! No big story behind it, I just admire Matt, drummer 2 of the biggest bands in the world and excelling doing his job, the idea was "MC Hammer" Matt Cameron Hammer, and nobody can touch him! :P
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    shawnkshawnk Posts: 14
    arq wrote:
    shawnk wrote:
    arq wrote:
    Does anybody has a video or pciture of Eddie with my "can't touch this" sign? I was sooo happy and focus on the moment that I forgot to take a picture of Eddie holding it.

Found it!!! http://youtu.be/6kjrSyifzA0

Interesting angle from the back. What is the story with that sign, anyway?! So funny!!

OMG this too! No big story behind it, I just admire Matt, drummer 2 of the biggest bands in the world and excelling doing his job, the idea was "MC Hammer" Matt Cameron Hammer, and nobody can touch him! :P

awesome. thanks for the story! he is amazing. it was so fun to watch that whole exchange go down. and it was his anniversary! perfect!

if you see any photos or video of my sign (the earth symbol with "thank you") below it, let me know. we were on Stone's side of the stage, about 8 rows up. We had awesome eye contact, heart felt looks of love and gratitude from them...especially Eddie and Jeff. And Boom was really touched...pounding his heart/chest and then gesturing up to us in thanks. Those small moments are just so powerful!

But yours...yours goes down in PJ history!
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,091
    There is an AUD up at Dime
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    djwalddjwald Posts: 21
    So its taken a few days to recover and a long flight back to Amsterdam, but finally I have it together to write something. in 20 PJ concerts over 18 years, that was as good as any night I've ever been part of. I've been to concerts with 'better' set lists, longer sets, better settings etc... but that, that night of interaction between crowd and band - that was something else. Ed is usually positive about every city they play, but he was visibly shaken by the energy shared in the room on Friday night.

Went by myself and after a week of working in the US, decided to do the 'rail thing' by going Friday morning. With all respect to people from Hartford, there isn't much else to do downtown anyway, so I could have waited in my hotel room, or just wait at the venue. `glad I did. Met some cool people. A big shout out to the guys from Florida who got there at 2am for their 'once in a lifetime at the rail' experience. Also to the brothers from upstate New York. Was really cool hanging out with you through the day. Also the nice couple (cant remember names or where you are from, but you had a cool skull wine glass you got to drink Ed's wine from :P )

In the mad rush to the rail I fell over a bunch of people and smashed my knee, but with the need to get close and then 2 hours of excited anticipation and over 3 hours of going nuts during the concert, I didnt realize how bad my knee was. Turns out I may have torn some cartilage around my knee cap. What ever it is, it fuckn hurts and is about the size of a melon. At least I have all these tunes and crowd energy running through my vein which is giving a lot of healing.

As for favourite moments of the show - when I go back and look at the set list, there isnt one bad moment. The opening was Epic, then the stretch between Immortality and then ALONE!!!! I couldn't believe it. I thought it was all too much - it just could't get any better....song wise, the rest of the gig was kind of 'every second song' but even in the ones I don't love as much, the performance and crowd more than made up for it. Ed's speeches were gold and Mick McFucknCready was really on. Rarely do you get to hear him speak as well.

Last Friday was a freakn spiritual occasion. Very happy for those folks around me that had signs read out or got stuff from the band. Lots of cool shit happening and I am better for being part of it all.

Last summer I was privileged to be part of Amsterdam 2 (which was one of the best I had been to), but this one knocked it out of the ball park.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    arq wrote:

i gotta say ... i was dying laughing when I saw this ... at first, i thought it was the corniest thing ever but really - kudos for you for doing a sign like that man ...
  • Options
    BantBant Millinowhere, ME Posts: 506
    polaris_x wrote:
    arq wrote:

i gotta say ... i was dying laughing when I saw this ... at first, i thought it was the corniest thing ever but really - kudos for you for doing a sign like that man ...

Some people behind me thought it was Heisenberg. :lol:
    9/13/1998 - 9/15/1998 - 8/29/2000 - 7/2/2003 - 7/3/2003 - 7/11/2003 - 9/28/2004 - 9/28/2005 - 5/13/2006 - 5/27/2006 - 6/1/2006 - 6/28/2008 - 6/30/2008 - 5/17/2010 - 10/25/2013
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    Bant wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    arq wrote:

Gotta admit I did too at first.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Bant wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    arq wrote:

I heard some people behind me also saying it was Heisenberg! :lol: Were you in section 116?
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Bant wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

I heard some people behind me also saying it was Heisenberg! :lol: Were you in section 116?

I was about 6 people deep in GA.
    9/13/1998 - 9/15/1998 - 8/29/2000 - 7/2/2003 - 7/3/2003 - 7/11/2003 - 9/28/2004 - 9/28/2005 - 5/13/2006 - 5/27/2006 - 6/1/2006 - 6/28/2008 - 6/30/2008 - 5/17/2010 - 10/25/2013
  • Options
    Mrs_Eddie_VedderMrs_Eddie_Vedder Boston, MA Posts: 75
    JimmyV wrote:
    OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS BAND!

Just got back to Boston after the show. It was amazing. They never disappoint. Great energy from beginning to end. Had fantastic seats in 115. Loved Pendulum into Long Road. Chloe/Crown...what can we say... Hartford you were major league tonight. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love lit the crowd on fire (again) but holy shit Eruption! Mike was again amazing.

Didn't figure a show was going to be in Worcester 1 territory for me so soon. Wow was I wrong.

Thank you Pearl Jam for three amazing New England shows!

Just got back too! I was at Worcester 1 and 2 and tonight. The crowd was EPIC and I was behind the stage! I'd rank the 3 shows I saw like this: Hartford, Worcester 1, Worcester 2 PJ always brings it! Proud to be a part of this all encompassing trip! THANK YOU!
    I was at all 3 also. Hartford crowd was best by far. I agree with your ranking
    1. Hartford
    2. Worcester 1
    3. Worcester 2

I was at all 3 as well and completely agree with the rankings. I am in a depression that this was my last show of the tour :cry: but am currently plotting ways to get to some west coast shows... so I haven't completely given up yet!!!

A BIG THANK YOU to @CJ260717 who sold me his extra tickets in 103. I've never had better seats at any concert, ever and what a show to experience so close. For both Hartford and Worcester 2 shows I bought tix through fellow 10c people and you guys have been the nicest. I like get emotional thinking about how perfect strangers could be so kind and bond so much over this wonderful band. Thank you! <3
    June 16, 2011 - EV in Boston
    September 2, 2012 - Made In America
    October 15, 2013 - Worcester I
    October 16, 2013 - Worcester II
    October 25, 2013 - Hartford
    June 12, 2016 - Bonnaroo
    August 5, 2016 - Fenway I
    August 7, 2016 - Fenway II
    September 25, 2016 - EV in NYC
  • Options
    Postby JimmyV » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:22 am

Bant wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    arq wrote:

Gotta admit I did too at first.

Haha me too :mrgreen:
    8/30/00, 7/11/03, 8/28/08, 8/30/08, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, PJ20, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 10/25/13, Fenway 2016 1&2
    EV Solo Albany 1&2 09
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    "This is fucking unbelievable!"

http://youtu.be/2kvG3NAnygA?t=2m18s
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Realized I never posted anything about this but hoooooly crap Hartford BROUGHT IT, both PJ and the crowd. That crowd is on par/may have even been louder than MSG 2 2010. Definitely added to the excitement. Pleasantly surprised with my friend and I's 10c seats, I (447xxx) had section 117 and her, 101 (480xxx), thought with those numbers at least one of us would be back of floor. Thanks to the nice couple who swapped seats with us so we could all sit together, we appreciated it! Great section (117), good to be back in 10c seats after TM both Brooklyn nights. But what a f'in show. Long Road was what I was hoping for, and was very emotional for me. I don't cry a lot at concerts, but Long Road got a few tears out of me. Was a bit difficult to hear (did I have it coming later...), but exactly what I needed. Sometimes right after was a sick surprise. Always a soft spot for the 1st PJ song I ever heard live. Last Exit>Immortality was quite the combo, beautiful version of Immortality in particular. ALONE made my night. A favorite Lost Dog and one I was dying to hear! Perfection! Come Back in the 1st encore was my highlight of the show. Again, I'll cry a lot at home in private while listening to music, but live, somehow doesn't happen as easily. Come Back whacked me in the face that night, and broke down a tiny bit. It hits so close to home and was the first time hearing it live. I hope my dad heard me singing to him. And then the rest of that encore...Chloe/Crown again was wild, Eruption>Aint Talking Bout Love: are you KIDDING me? So much for OTOTOTO ;) Fuckin Up was probably the 2nd best highlight for me, my friends and I were going nuts! Really beautiful Indifference closed a perfect evening! Had an absolute blast this show, easily one of the most fun out of the 5 I hit this tour.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 466
    Newch91 wrote:

Grinning ear to ear watching that

Right about 3 minute mark.....never seen Ed so blown away by a crowd

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Options
    "Cheers!.... Hey ah, I was just thinking, I was thinking, you know, if you're surfing. You know you can be a really good surfer, but if the waves are shit, its hard to be a good surfer if the waves are shit, even if you're a great surfer already. So, the thing is, these are like some of the best waves we've ridden all tour... So what I'm saying, is even a tiny little shit band like us can sound pretty good with you guys here."

-Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    djwalddjwald Posts: 21
    Found this cool clip youtube. Well done to the person who put that together!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa4zCr_b0lk
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    vitodacat wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Grinning ear to ear watching that

Right about 3 minute mark.....never seen Ed so blown away by a crowd

At around 4:21, I remember thinking during the show that Ed was pointing right at me. I was rocking out and I remember him sort of looking around and then pointing right at me. Can't say for sure, but I'm just going to go ahead and lock it into my memory banks as I remember it.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    I pray that the band releases this show as a bootleg! This was an amazing show, I haven't been able to stop thinking about it!
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,855
    This show and the drive back to NYC caused me to sleep until 1 pm the next day :D
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    samjam wrote:
    Pleasantly surprised with my friend and I's 10c seats, I (447xxx) had section 117 and her, 101 (480xxx), thought with those numbers at least one of us would be back of floor. Thanks to the nice couple who swapped seats with us so we could all sit together, we appreciated it! Great section (117),

I have 458xxx, and got the floor and I am short, and my son is in process of growing. At least the seats were Row A so we had more room to move to peek at the stage occasionally. But people around us were great - PJ fans are the best!

I was at MSG 2 in 2010, and I believe Eddie said that we would have to work really hard to top Hartford. Glad to be in Hartford this time. AWESOME!
  • Options
    Although I don't tour as much as I use to, I have learned over the past couple of years to appreciate the small things. This tour i was fortunate enough to have GA for both the Buffalo and Hartford shows, and through those experiences I was able to meet some incredible people, with rich backgrounds and stories to share. At Hartford I met some awesome Floridians, Jose and Antonio, an Aussie living in the Netherlands, Dan, a New Hampshire couple, Nick and Patty, and a Rhode Island couple, the list goes on and on. I don't have a white whale song anymore...is it too soon for Getaway to get that label...so I just go into each show hoping for a new experience. We were on the rail in between Ed and Stone; which was perfect because my favorite song of the night was Let the Records Play. However, my favorite experience of the night was when Ed came over to my brother and I during Porch and the two of us hoisted him up on the rail and supported him for the last few moments of the song. Little things like that are what I live for. Thanks to all the new friends I made for making this a remarkable night, and to the people of Hartford for bringing the fucking house down.
    "You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."- Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Anyone have a good video of Alone?
  • Options
  • Options
    tacettacet Posts: 323
    I had the best time at this show!! sat around the back which I've never done before - loved it!!! whole different take on the show, I loved watching the crowd - only slight bummer was that you can't jump around quite as much in the seats, there was nothing in front of us so probably end up face down (plus leaving the house just after 5am to drive there took it's toll)

just a fun, happy, rockin' time - the whole building was just in a great place all at the same time

kudos to the venue staff, no crazy ushers, no "tape" police, respectful of the crowd allowing the crowd to be respectful right back

I think it added to the mood - which was stellar

I love all of the new stuff - love it

good music - good times - left there with a HUGE smile on my face
    we're all sentient snowflakes
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    I shared this story on my FB page for my buddies to make fun of me. But since I recognize a few of you from that night by your stories, here's mine right from my FB:

I share this story with my friends who think I have a man crush on Eddie Vedder. Lol

So I'm front row tonight in Hartford and I'm wearing my UF baseball jersey. It says Florida across the front. I did this because PJ never plays Florida and this was my protest to them.

So halfway into the show Eddie looks in my direction and kind of moves his hand across his shirt as if he sees my shirt and likes it. The problem is, you never really know if someone on stage is pointing at you. So I smile and think nothing of it because it could have been me or the girl next to me. Who knows.

The show goes on and he passes me a few times and doesn't say anything. So again I'm thinking nothing of it.

Next to last song he walks over and gives me his tambourine. This is a move he does like Prince where he may give away 10 a night. This is not the gay part. Lol

So the last song is playing and again he looks over at me and does the motion on his shirt. I don't know what to think at this point and for whatever reason, I made a heart shape with my two hands. Ed catches it and puts it in his pocket and we both laugh.

How gay is that? Lol. Make fun of me all you want, this has been an incredible vacation.

Back to my comments: there was like 6 of us on the rail from Florida. I've also met a few people at the Brooklyn shows from Florida. In other words: PLAY FLORIDA YOU BASTARDS!!! LOL
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    JB128716 wrote:
    I shared this story on my FB page for my buddies to make fun of me. But since I recognize a few of you from that night by your stories, here's mine right from my FB:

I share this story with my friends who think I have a man crush on Eddie Vedder. Lol

So I'm front row tonight in Hartford and I'm wearing my UF baseball jersey. It says Florida across the front. I did this because PJ never plays Florida and this was my protest to them.

So halfway into the show Eddie looks in my direction and kind of moves his hand across his shirt as if he sees my shirt and likes it. The problem is, you never really know if someone on stage is pointing at you. So I smile and think nothing of it because it could have been me or the girl next to me. Who knows.

The show goes on and he passes me a few times and doesn't say anything. So again I'm thinking nothing of it.

Next to last song he walks over and gives me his tambourine. This is a move he does like Prince where he may give away 10 a night. This is not the gay part. Lol

So the last song is playing and again he looks over at me and does the motion on his shirt. I don't know what to think at this point and for whatever reason, I made a heart shape with my two hands. Ed catches it and puts it in his pocket and we both laugh.

How gay is that? Lol. Make fun of me all you want, this has been an incredible vacation.

Back to my comments: there was like 6 of us on the rail from Florida. I've also met a few people at the Brooklyn shows from Florida. In other words: PLAY FLORIDA YOU BASTARDS!!! LOL

maybe he wanted your shirt?
  • Options
    AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    Buy the boot January 15, 2014! :thumbup:
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Buy the boot January 15, 2014! :thumbup:
    That's too long of a wait, but it'll be worth it!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful