Options

*** Hartford Fanviews Here 10/25/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    BantBant Millinowhere, ME Posts: 506
    Amazing show, amazing crowd, solid set list and great company. This was #15 for me since 1998. I've seen some epic shows and this one is easily in my top 3, probably #2. I can't put it #1 because that spot is reserved for 7/11/2003 in Mansfield, MA. IMO, they will never be able to top that one.

shawnk wrote:
    Did anyone manage to get the intro to future days on video!?

I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoimmQ0WOxY

Uploaded, just for you. I have a few more coming later tonight...
    9/13/1998 - 9/15/1998 - 8/29/2000 - 7/2/2003 - 7/3/2003 - 7/11/2003 - 9/28/2004 - 9/28/2005 - 5/13/2006 - 5/27/2006 - 6/1/2006 - 6/28/2008 - 6/30/2008 - 5/17/2010 - 10/25/2013
  • Options
    MD49411 wrote:
    anyone know the name of the song they played over the PA right after the show? They also played it in Worcester.

Who was able to hear anything more than ringing in my ears after that show? It last 2 days!
    Shoes...Shoes for my friends!
  • Options
    jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    shawnk wrote:
    jethrojam....thanks for the "Future Days" link. so darn funny....

you're welcome. I asked around for it on fb thread and bateman had it.

Thank you for the gun control vid. I shared that amongst the waves of fb as well.
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I also posted this in the Hartford thread.

Am I the only one that finds this perfect for the Hartford show, particularly Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns and then Eruption/Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love?

tumblr_m8b0b1rOFn1rbvsj9o1_500.gif
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Another incredible night in Hartford! 2nd "row" between Ed and Stone....last of 4 shows, contemplating plane tickets..

Alone and full Chloe/Crown awesome and so much energy
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    rawlsrawls Posts: 15
    RANDOM THOUGHTS ON FRIDAY'S SHOW

We got a late start for what is typically an hour and a half drive to Hartford on I-84. Turned into a 3 hour drive. We got there at 8:00 and it took us a while to find the ticket box, as we parked and approached the arena from the back, and no one seemed to know where to get our GA tickets. We finally found the box office at 8:15 and got down into the pit pretty quickly. And it was magic from there.

The pit was not densly packed and even though we were in the back of the crowd, we still had an awesome view of the stage. (I'm only 5'1 and I had no problems seeing most of the show from the center-rear, although I missed some of Mike's antics) We were at the 2010 Hartford show, with awesome 10c seats then too, but it was such a better atmosphere to have the space to move to the music but not be tripping on chairs like at the last show.

I rocked out to the Porch/Aint Talking Bout Love combo in 2010, and was even more ecstatic this time around with Eruption preluding to Aint Talking Bout Love. Please make that your standard for Hartford...a VH cover again made the crowd insane. And what an insane crowd it was. I have never been part of such a loud enthusiastic loving crowd as Friday night's. Most everyone was rocking it out in the arena, but even down on the floor there were some meat heads who had their hands on their hips for pretty much the whole concert except for Alive and Betterman.

I loved that I got to hear Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns live. I loved Eddie's musings before Future Days...as I am a mom to 2 school-aged kids and a 7-month old and the Brooklyn II show and Hartford show are the only times I have been away from my children for more than an hour in the past 2 years...and time alone with my husband is nonexistent and everything Eddie said really resonated with us. It also seemed like we were the only people in the pit with kids.

I enjoyed the setlist but wished there had not been as much overlap from the Brooklyn shows. I think 16 songs were repeats from Brooklyn II. Two of the best received songs here, and what helped make Brooklyn I the awesome show that it was, were played at Brooklyn I (Eruption and Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns). I hope they keep those as special treasures, not concert standards. I also got the sense that there is less spontaneity from the band now, as the light swinging is reserved for Porch, as is Eddie's joining the crowd at the end. I saw videos from Brooklyn I and then Brooklyn II and Hartford were the same. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I'm just saying that a few tours back the band would make the setlist different for shows that typically have a lot of fan overlap.

I have to say the best thing about this show was the exchange of energy between the band and the crowd. I think one thing that made that synergy is the fact that it's a smaller arena compared to Worcester and Brooklyn, and besides the local fans, the majority of the rest were fans from the Boston and New York faithfull. A greater concentration of real fans from two metro areas. I saw more people sitting in Brooklyn than in Hartford.

It was an awesome show. I can't say it's my number one, I saw Brooklyn II and MSG II in 2010. But this was the first time in GA so that changes the stakes too. I have to say they are all tied for number one...
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    I was at Hartford 2013 ...

wonder how many times that will be written over the years?
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    polaris_x wrote:

I was at Hartford 2013.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    I also posted this in the Hartford thread.

Am I the only one that finds this perfect for the Hartford show, particularly Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns and then Eruption/Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love?

tumblr_m8b0b1rOFn1rbvsj9o1_500.gif

YES. What an incredible show, this definitely sums it up! Very happy I got to see 2 great and diverse shows this tour :D
    "I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love."

Continental Arena I - 6/1/2006
    MSG II - 6/25/2008
    MSG I - 5/20/2010
    Beacon Theatre - 6/21/2011 (EV)
    Made In America Philadelphia - 9/2/2012
    Buffalo -10/12/2013
    Hartford - 10/25/2013
    Philadelphia II - 4/29/2016 (TEN show)
    MSG II - 5/2/2016
    Fenway II Boston - 8/7/2016
    Rock & Roll HOF - 4/7/2017
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9/18/2021
    MSG - 9/11/2022
    Camden - 9/14/2022
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    Newch91 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

I was at Hartford 2013.

I too was at Hartford 2013 and shit did get fucking crazy.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Does anyone know when the bootlegs start to be released? I remember in the past being able to get them almost instantly after the show (my memory sucks though) However I'm not seeing any info for them being released this tour yet.

I'm impatient :D
  • Options
    joanna4136joanna4136 Rhode Island Posts: 22
    still on a hartford high...
    Be strong, be loved.
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,091
    Does anyone know when the bootlegs start to be released? I remember in the past being able to get them almost instantly after the show (my memory sucks though) However I'm not seeing any info for them being released this tour yet.

in 2010 it took until at least a month after the tour ended. I know there is an AUD of this show that should show up today or tomorrow
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    joanna4136 wrote:
    still on a hartford high...

Me too!! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    edited October 2013
    You will be hard pressed to find a more energetic, powerful, intense and interactive show than Hartford. That's what a PJ show is all about and it delivered in a HUGE way. That was my 42nd show, and 5th (and final) of this tour and that show can go toe to toe with most of the special/epic shows I have seen. I just felt part of something greater than all of us. It was beyond words. That room was like an atomic bomb for 3 hours.
    Post edited by BinFrog on
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    Does anybody has a video or pciture of Eddie with my "can't touch this" sign? I was sooo happy and focus on the moment that I forgot to take a picture of Eddie holding it.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    arq wrote:
    Does anybody has a video or pciture of Eddie with my "can't touch this" sign? I was sooo happy and focus on the moment that I forgot to take a picture of Eddie holding it.

I didn't get any, sorry bud. I was directly behind you, and by the time I got my camera out it was too late.
  • Options

in 2010 it took until at least a month after the tour ended. I know there is an AUD of this show that should show up today or tomorrow

Can't wait to relive the night over and over again!
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    I was at Hartford 2013!
    And no one's gonna slow my gentle groove.. - https://twitter.com/Mr_Faded_Glory
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    You will be hard pressed to find a more energetic, powerful, intense and interactive show than Hartford. That's what a PJ show is all about and it delivered in a HUGE way.
    Only my seventh show, but by far my most energetic one. We had way, way back seats but the place was rocking! Definitely proud to have been at this show, we did Woo 1 & 2, but this one was special in it's own way.

And oh yes, Crown of Thorns. Nothing else to say.
    And no one's gonna slow my gentle groove.. - https://twitter.com/Mr_Faded_Glory
  • Options
    Yet another epic Hartford show!

To the poor woman I saved from getting trampled in the pre-show mad rush to the stage at the top of the section 103 stairs...

I hope you didn't get hurt and I hope you didn't miss anything.

Indifference as encore again (like '10)....priceless.
  • Options
    I was so hoping for Indifference as the encore, as I have watched that one from Hartford 2010 many many times! :D
    When it started up on Friday night, I went insane!! :lol: Hoping that one gets on YouTube too!! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Been a few days and the dust has settled.. My first PJ concert was 9/13/98 at the Meadows and since then I've seen them 19 times all over the Northeast including MSG 2003 & 2010, Mansfield 2003, BK 1 & 2 this tour, etc. etc...

It's so tough to say "this was the best show" because they're all so good, whether I'm right up on the rail in the pit or in the nosebleeds, every experience is great. So I can't say that this was the best show I've ever witnessed, but this was without a doubt the craziest and most intense crowd I've ever been a part of at any concert. And it was so great to see how much the band appreciated the frenzy. They definitely realized something special was happening.

What a night. Tough to go back to real life after an event like that.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,855
    I got GA for the second time this tour and I was a little closer this time compared to Brooklyn 1. Crowd was amazing and the set was good. Loved hearing Alone again and got a new song in Aint Talkin Bout Love. Too bad Johnny Guitar was not played- I would like for that to make an appearance again. Overall a great night and well worth the Friday afternoon trip from NY.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    shawnkshawnk Posts: 14
    Arq-
    I saw a video of the whole thing when I was looking for one of my sign (the tha m you that they out on the jumbotron after the gun control talk). Later today I will look again and try to find it!! Do u remember what songs were before/after? I also may have seen an Instagram photo under #pjhartford...it is all blending together but I know this is documented somewhere and would be glad to help dig around later!!
  • Options
    Bant wrote:
    Amazing show, amazing crowd, solid set list and great company. This was #15 for me since 1998. I've seen some epic shows and this one is easily in my top 3, probably #2. I can't put it #1 because that spot is reserved for 7/11/2003 in Mansfield, MA. IMO, they will never be able to top that one.

shawnk wrote:
    Did anyone manage to get the intro to future days on video!?

I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoimmQ0WOxY

Uploaded, just for you. I have a few more coming later tonight...

Thanks!!!!!!
  • Options
    arq wrote:

Found it!!! http://youtu.be/6kjrSyifzA0

Interesting angle from the back. What is the story with that sign, anyway?! So funny!!
  • Options
    BantBant Millinowhere, ME Posts: 506
    arq wrote:

Here you go...

e4b41ead-8700-4f90-b3c8-57409cc84f7c.jpg
    9/13/1998 - 9/15/1998 - 8/29/2000 - 7/2/2003 - 7/3/2003 - 7/11/2003 - 9/28/2004 - 9/28/2005 - 5/13/2006 - 5/27/2006 - 6/1/2006 - 6/28/2008 - 6/30/2008 - 5/17/2010 - 10/25/2013
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    Bant wrote:
    arq wrote:

Here you go...

e4b41ead-8700-4f90-b3c8-57409cc84f7c.jpg

You just made my day!!!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    awesome photo! making sure you saw the video too...

http://youtu.be/6kjrSyifzA0

:)

"didn't know pot was legal in hartford?!" -EV

loved it!!!!