Options

*** Hartford Fanviews Here 10/25/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    ragejoeragejoe Agawam Mass Posts: 1,411
    duska3419 wrote:
    I'm still kinda shaking from this show (or I might just be freezing) so I'll keep this short.

At one point when Ed was addressing the crowd and taking in OUR level of enthusiasm, he actually said "this is not normal".

This was my 3rd & last show of the tour, and I didn't get any of the songs I was crossing my fingers for (smile, deep, all or none) but it was a solid amazing wonderful setlist and the experience of being in that room, on the GA floor with the energy pumping and however many thousand people erupting ....... it was surreal.

Thank you.

Your post just made me laugh, your right ED absolutely did say "THIS IS NOT NORMAL" at one point... I really dont know what to say yet... 3rd show of this tour and 37th PJ show overall... This was without a Doubt... including MSG n Spectrum... THE GREATEST CONCERT CROWD IVE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE... THe Crowd Energy from start to Finish was an absolutely LIFE CHANGING experience last night... And the BAND was in LOVE from the moment they got on stage... WHAT A SHOW, WHAT A NIGHT... I thought Worcester 1 was unbelievable... HARTFORD 2013 WILL GO DOWN IN HISTORY EVERYONE...

I LOVE THIS BAND... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU... UNREAL... Just Unreal
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    My oh my.
    I hope everybody in this fan club appreciates what we're bearing witness to. This is absolutely the best live band working on planet Earth currently. That show was simply unreal. 3 New England shows, all phenomenal. Already having tour withdrawals. They have to do a summer tour next year. Thanks 10club for seats in 2nd row of 104, just on the outskirts of McCreadyville. Great crowd, even greater band.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    locked wrote:
    Sea,
    Ed introduced Chloe / Crown by simply saying : "THIS IS A REQUEST!"
    I pictured you going nuts somewhere in the venue when he said that.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,884
    Poncier wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Sea,
    Ed introduced Chloe / Crown by simply saying : "THIS IS A REQUEST!"
    I pictured you going nuts somewhere in the venue when he said that.

:D

Simply amazing!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    edited October 2013
    Anyone else notice how drunk Ed was?? I thought he was a little disconnected from the rest of the band at the end of the show and the guys were getting pissed at him.

Had GA and the crowd rocked!
    Post edited by CJ260717 on
  • Options
    I agree with everyone on the crowd! Such energy, it was amazing!
    Hartford represented.

A new experience every time! Love this band!
    Boston MA 04, Ed Sullivan Theater NY 06, Hartford CT 06, *Hartford CT 08, Philly PA 2009, Hartford CT 10, Boston MA 10, Worcester MA 13, Hartford CT 13, St Paul 14, Quebec City CN 16, Boston MA (5 and 7) 2016

EV: Santa Cruz CA April 08, Montreal August 08,Balt MD 08, Providence RI 11, Hartford CT 11
  • Options
    KatyzKatyz Posts: 838
    I am trying to make sense of a truly magical night! I was lucky enough to be at Brooklyn 1 and 2..the latter was simply mind-blowing! Then tonight, despite my quite concern that the buzz off the crowd outside didn't have the energy of Brooklyn, became probably the best night of all three.

I got my 10c tix and the section looked like it was just to the side of the stage next to Mike...row B!!! I was sooooo happy and surprised as my number stinks. Going in, I discovered the section was actually on the floor and I was devastated...not being tall enough. We were middle floor, slightly to Mike's side.

Anyway...by the second note of Pendulum, "I didn't care..." (I know that's Sirens :) ) as the whole place was insane from the get go. The atmosphere was electric and I had THE time of my life rocking out...sorry to my PJ friends around me...all night long! I have never had such a wonderful feeling of being RIGHT IN THE THICK OF IT.

I got LONG ROAD and COME BACK!!!! And many more great songs. Loved the covers tonight...and Ed made me laugh when he said the energy from the crowd "was not normal". Even Brooklyn 2 was a little less from where I was that night.

So, this was my last show this tour, but I do feel I cannot be sad about that...I have too much to be happy about!!!! :D:D
  • Options
    vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 466
    Just wow !! This was my 35th show and 6th on this tour ( Wor 2, BK, BK, PHi, PHI) and I am in awe !! After Brooklyn 2, I didnt think any crowd could top it, but this takes the prize. What incredible energy tonight. And when the band feels it like they did tonight, you know its gonna be special, and it most certainly was.

Some personal highlights were Long Road - Sometimes in the 2 and 3 spot. Was expecting Small Town 3rd and Sometimes is one of my favorites and a great surprise. Corduroy really got the place jumping.

Last Exit-Immortality was mind blowing. Ed spoke to the band after Immortality, I was certain they were gonna go in to In Hiding, but I later saw it was a scratching of J Guitar

Alone was a special treat, Save You one of favorite live songs, it just kicks ass. DTE always a crowd pleaser and a hot hot Betterman ( I didnt thnk the MSG 2010 version could be topped but this was close)

Yellow Moon is such a great tune, hope that one stays post LB....Chloe/Crown again !! OMG, then the Master taking over for a bit with Eruption, and Aint Talkin Bout Love ( better than 2010 version). Love GTF in that spot where the crowd is already going crazy, really adds some zest to it. New respect for Got Some during this tour.

Figured when they were turned to the back Last Kiss was coming, so Small Town was a nice surprise. Alive is always terrific, but this one had something extra. Ed letting the crowd sing more, and talking into the mic. "I dont fuckin believe it" I remember him saying, classic !! FUCKIN UP was a treat, cant remember last time I heard that ( If at all) and of course Indifference great way to close it out

I will now go into my PTD (post tour depression). Thank you Pearl Jam for an incredible 10 day, 6 show run for me. Met Stone and Jeff. And also met Mike (and got a picture with him). Unreal. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Options
    Holy shit is that building loud. The energy was amazing. The bad was amazing. Just a lot of fun. My three shows are done. Which sucks but I will have such amazing memories from these shows. Already dreaming of the next time I'll see this band. Best band in the world. Thank you PJ!!!!!!!
    New Jersey - Jun 01, 2006
    Philly - Oct 28, 2009
    Philly - Oct 31, 2009
    New Jersey - May 18, 2010
    NYC - May 21, 2010
    Brooklyn - October 18, 2013
    Brooklyn - October 19, 2013
    Hartford - October 25, 2013
  • Options
    Bednarz42Bednarz42 Posts: 223
    After seeing 4 shows this leg, I think lightning bolt is their best live song from the new album. The outro jam at the end really gets the crowd amped. I think it's one of the songs from the album that will continue to get played regularly on future tours.
    Albany '03
    Holmdel '03
    Reading '04
    Philly '05
    Irving Plaza '06
    Albany '06
    Hartford '06
    Camden 1 '06
    East Rutherford 1 '06
    East Rutherford 2 '06
    MSG 1 '08
    MSG 2 '08
    Philly 4 '09
    MSG 1 '10
    MSG 2 '10
    Alpine 1 '11
    Alpine 2 '11
    Made in America '12
    Worcester 2 '13
    Brooklyn 1 '13
    Brooklyn 2 '13
    Philly 2 '13
    Philly 2 '16
    Boston 1 '16
  • Options
    Was on the floor near the back. Then was given a wristband to the pit! Such an amazing show. One to never forget! Proud to be from CT. The Band and Crowd was on fire! Can't wait for the DVD. Thanks 10c! :D
    Got Chocolate?
  • Options
    GirlLovesPJGirlLovesPJ New Jersey Posts: 1,001
    edited October 2013
    So, this was my 7th show of this tour and the crowd made this show the best one for me! This crowd was freakin' amazing!!! The fans kicked major ass!! Thank you guys so much!!!!!! :D
    Post edited by GirlLovesPJ on
    2012: Philadelphia, Atlanta
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Worcester 1 & 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Oslo, Gdynia, Leeds, Cincinnati, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2015: New York City, Mexico City
    2016: Miami, Columbia, New York City 2, Quebec City, Chicago 2
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2
    2022: New York City 2, Camden
    2023: St. Paul 1 & 2, Chicago 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,772
    A amazing day overall. Ended up with an amazing spot on the floor section 1 row c. The 3rd row behind GA on stones side. I've wanted GA this whole tour and couldn't ever find someone to trade. The was the best I'll ever have probably without winning the lottery. Thx to the 10c member who sold me his extra! I was at Brooklyn 2, Philly 1, Philly 2....all mind numbing experiences. The crowd last night was simply off the chart. What a feeling to be part of that! The band sounds the best ever, they are having a blast and the crowds are giving the love right back. There is nothing in the world that can compare to the experience of a pj concert with all of those components in place. I'm so thankful to have experienced the shows that I did on this tour. I'm truly blessed. Until next time. I'll miss you all!

Jen
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    I can't hear out of my left ear and my voice is gone but I wouldn't want it any other way!!

My ticket drop single put me in 104, five rows back (Mike's side). This will likely be the closest I ever get with my rather crappy 10C number. My row seemed to be a "connected people" row (for better or worse) and I grabbed the end seat. I couldn't believe my luck.

Anyway, going to agree with those above who rank Hartford, Worcester 1, Worcester 2. I know it sounds cliched but I was completely blown away. I get now why everyone was so excited for Hartford. :lol: Getting goosebumps reading through the fanviews. The crowd was absolutely insane and Ed looking so happy, at times just staring out at everyone as if in a bit of disbelief. He did say "this is not normal." Big smiles from the guys all night long really.

Immortality, Come Back, Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns, Singing happy birthday to MC's son, Boom and his son hugging, ALONE, Eruption, Fuckin up, Ed talking about Newtown and the children....highlights (so basically everything!). :lol::lol:

Now that my three are over I go into post-tour depression....
  • Options
    We can officially retire the EPIC label. ;):lol:
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    I normally don't post on the fanviews, but after last night's show I felt obligated to share the incredible experience of the show with the rest of the 10c community.

This was show #17 for me (including all 4 in Philly '09) and I can't remember a crowd being as good and Ed being in as good of a mood as he was as last night. Pendulum/Long Road/Sometimes was fantastic to open and then immediately into Corduroy to get the crowd going. I was at the show with a good friend (10c member since 1996) who got me into PJ in the first place and it just so happened that last night was his birthday. Not only did they play Alone, which we had not heard since my very first show in 2004 but we also got Immortality, my friend's favorite song and it almost felt like they were singing Happy Birthday to him - not just to Matt's son.

I have listened to the Hartford 2010 bootleg countless times and loved Ed's banter about how "someone had to cure me of this feeling" that he got when he wanted to play 'Ain't Talkin' Bout Love and that it was "OTOTO" (One Time, One Time Only). The highlight of the night of Hartford 2013 for me was when he told the story of walking into the building and remembering "This is where we played that song!" and then knowing exactly what was coming next.

It is hard to put into words but it was a special night with the best band on the planet, they never cease to amaze me. I can't wait until they come to the New England area again so we can continue to see how they will out-do themselves next.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Great show.
    Everything you want and more. Great room. Great crowd. Great sound. Kick ass setlist.
    Another one of those shows that reminds you why you keep going!
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    This show was absolutely mind blowing. My 18th show and it is up there with the best.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    I caught both Worcester show and this blew them both away. Amazing night.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CkN3b_3Hj7Y
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    This show was absolutely mind blowing. My 18th show and it is up there with the best.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    BraveChJ10BraveChJ10 Naugatuck, CT Posts: 16
    Absolutely an unforgettable night! I hope everyone had such an awesome time as I did! Rock on! :D
  • Options
    ragejoeragejoe Agawam Mass Posts: 1,411
    JA222408 wrote:
    I normally don't post on the fanviews, but after last night's show I felt obligated to share the incredible experience of the show with the rest of the 10c community.

This was show #17 for me (including all 4 in Philly '09) and I can't remember a crowd being as good and Ed being in as good of a mood as he was as last night. Pendulum/Long Road/Sometimes was fantastic to open and then immediately into Corduroy to get the crowd going. I was at the show with a good friend (10c member since 1996) who got me into PJ in the first place and it just so happened that last night was his birthday. Not only did they play Alone, which we had not heard since my very first show in 2004 but we also got Immortality, my friend's favorite song and it almost felt like they were singing Happy Birthday to him - not just to Matt's son.

I have listened to the Hartford 2010 bootleg countless times and loved Ed's banter about how "someone had to cure me of this feeling" that he got when he wanted to play 'Ain't Talkin' Bout Love and that it was "OTOTO" (One Time, One Time Only). The highlight of the night of Hartford 2013 for me was when he told the story of walking into the building and remembering "This is where we played that song!" and then knowing exactly what was coming next.

It is hard to put into words but it was a special night with the best band on the planet, they never cease to amaze me. I can't wait until they come to the New England area again so we can continue to see how they will out-do themselves next.

I feel like I need to tell every single person I know about last night... GOD I just wish any real music fan could Witness what that was last night... Its not being over dramatic ... it was just fricken the GREATEST Feeling ever being in that building last night... I just cant believe it... Amazing amazing Amazing... The setlist was spectacular also... which i had to look at it again this morning to remember that!

Ive said it before, proven again more than ever last night... the relationship between PJ and their Fans is UNMATCHED and like no Other in Music... WE all proved that last night... The band felt it, we felt it... Truly just a night of MAGIC... one of the greastest music experiences of my life... and certainly a top 5 PJ Show for me outta my 37... Not sure what show i have to bump outta my top 5 to get last nights in there... but its in there now

I just have to give US , ALL 15,000 Of us a BIG FUCKING THANK YOU FOR LAST NIGHT!! We made that show, We made the Band make that show what it was... THey certainly appreciate it... Woke up this morning as PROUD as ever to Call myself a PEARL JAM Fan!!!!!!
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    edited October 2013
    :D Last Exit, Alone!!!!!, Save You, Chloe/Crown, Fuckin Up - NICE :-D :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::mrgreen:

Was Ed licking the microphone like David??? :lol:

Shit! Just watched the vid of Eruption/Ain't Talkin - Wow! :o So fkin Wow!
    Post edited by FoxyRedLa on
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    ragejoe wrote:
    JA222408 wrote:

I feel like I need to tell every single person I know about last night... GOD I just wish any real music fan could Witness what that was last night... Its not being over dramatic ... it was just fricken the GREATEST Feeling ever being in that building last night... I just cant believe it... Amazing amazing Amazing... The setlist was spectacular also... which i had to look at it again this morning to remember that!

Ive said it before, proven again more than ever last night... the relationship between PJ and their Fans is UNMATCHED and like no Other in Music... WE all proved that last night... The band felt it, we felt it... Truly just a night of MAGIC... one of the greastest music experiences of my life... and certainly a top 5 PJ Show for me outta my 37... Not sure what show i have to bump outta my top 5 to get last nights in there... but its in there now

I just have to give US , ALL 15,000 Of us a BIG FUCKING THANK YOU FOR LAST NIGHT!! We made that show, We made the Band make that show what it was... THey certainly appreciate it... Woke up this morning as PROUD as ever to Call myself a PEARL JAM Fan!!!!!!

Girls in the bathroom line talking about how they hope to hear songs like Jeremy and Evenflow I hope were shown something new and hooked for life like we are!

:thumbup: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :thumbup:
  • Options
    tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611
    Amazing! Thanks Sea. Hope everyone had a great time! :D
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • Options
    tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611
    Shit, I really can't wait to hear the boot for this show!
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • Options
    I was GA floor 4 people from the rail. Right in front of Mike. All I can say is thank you. Thanks for the greatest show of my life, and the greatest seats I've ever had. Thank you for caring about your fans. And thank you for the soundtrack to my life. The greatest rock and roll band of all time is PEARL FUCKING JAM!!!!
    Buffalo '96
    Albany '03
    Albany '06
    Mansfield I '08
    Hartford '13
    Detroit '14
    Fenway 1 '16
  • Options
    anetarela wrote:
    Was on the floor near the back. Then was given a wristband to the pit! Such an amazing show. One to never forget! Proud to be from CT. The Band and Crowd was on fire! Can't wait for the DVD. Thanks 10c! :D

DVD???? HUH????
    Shoes...Shoes for my friends!
  • Options
    First of all--a HUGE thank you to Pearl Jam for an unbelievable night in Hartford last night!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!! You guys are the best band in the world!!!!

Where do I begin about last night??? It was so fucking amazing I almost can't put it into words....I am struggling to find the right words, actually..... My 23rd show and I *might* think it was the best one I have ever been to. At the very least, it is equal (in my humble opinion) to the three Mansfield July 2003 "experiment" shows (those shows were my holy grail up to this point).

The words/phrases that come to mind: magical, mind blowing--no--SOUL blowing!, intense, phenomenal, epic, aaahhhh--I could go on and on!!! I want to tell everyone in the world about this show! I am so grateful to have had this experience. It truly was one of the best nights of my life.

Chloe/Crown...OMG! Long Road, Eruption/Ain't talkin' Bout Love...OMG! Immortality! Fuckin' Up! WTF? The set list was incredible!

This show was everything--and more--than I could ever hope for from a show!

Thanks again, guys!!!!!!!! :D And thanks Ten Club for my great seats in section 115!!!
    8/7/92, 4/12/94,10/2/96,9/15/98, 8/29/00,8/30/00,10/28/00,4/8/03,4/29/03, 7/2/03, 7/3/03, 7/11/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/25/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/20/10, 9/7/11, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 10/25/13, 12/6/13, 4/8/16, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 5/6/22, 5/7/22
  • Options
    Everyone here has said it as well as I can... pj was fantastic, the crowd did their part and the result was a really special night. Bands always say "thanks... Your great" but they really seemed impressed with the energy. Already looking forward to the next tour
    raymanjr