Options

*** Hartford Fanviews Here 10/25/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Amazing seats, amazing show. Can't even begin to describe what I witnessed last night. I thought they couldn't top Worcester 1 but I was wrong again. Thankful I went to all 3 NE shows. That is it for me until they come back again. Hoping they don't wait 3 years again.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,150
    Post PJ show bliss I'm reading! Every show is like this - always will be for as long as they are a band!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    What an amazing show in Hartford. A celebration of life, a reflection on death and tragedy, and what a great connection between band and audience. Will easily be a top-ranked show of the entire tour.
    Thank you Pearl Jam, for consistently bringing the A-game!
    Miami, Fl 04-23-1992
    Miami, Fl 08-22-1992
    NYC, NY 09-29-1996
    E. Rutherford, NJ 09-08-1998
    Wantagh, NY 08-25-2000
    NYC, NY 07-09-2003
    E. Rutherford, NJ 06-03-2006
    NYC, NY 06-25-2008
    Newark, NJ 05-18-2010
    Brooklyn, NY 10-19-2013
    Hartford, CT 10-25-2013
  • Options
    Simply put...they killed it last night !!
  • Options
    shawnkshawnk Posts: 14
    What an amazing night. So much to say but everyone else spoke it so well!! i have a favor to ask all you amazi g photo/video folks... I was the one with the "earth thank you" sign that they showed on the jumbotron after Eddie's epic Newtown/Gun Control talk before wasted reprise. Anyone happen to get that on video? Would love to show my kids when we get home. Thanks to everyone for such an epic night.
  • Options
    bchagnonbchagnon Posts: 164
    My soul hurts... That's how good last night was... That's the end of my review...

"Leave it to me as I find a way to be.
    Consider me a satellite forever orbiting.
    I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me.
    Guaranteed."
  • Options
    Mawky1103Mawky1103 Posts: 310
    Was ed wearing a Newtown patch on his jacket through the first couple songs??
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Left Portland, ME @ 4pm, fought through crazy traffic and arrived in my seats @ 8:25pm. Mid way back on the floor, dead center. Brought my friend who had never seen them before and he was blown away. Definitely converted! One of the best shows I have seen. Also saw Worcester I, but its hard to compare the two shows because I was right up from in GA for Worcester. Great setlist, great crowd, and I don't think there was an empty seat in the house. Band really seemed into it. Arrived back in Maine @ 3am, but well worth it. Here's hoping them come back again in the near future!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    What a show. What a band. WHAT A CROWD!

This was my seventh of this leg and I can honestly say CT crowds are INSANE. The energy was amazing and I aint saying this just because I was born and raised here.

Here's to hoping that Portland, Spokane, BC, and Seattle can live up to Worcester, BK, Philly and Howtford.

See you on West coast time people. Ciao.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Immortality
    Alone
    Crown of Thorns. they nailed this. much better version than my first in boston 2010
    eruption
    Happy B-day Ray
    Fuckin Up

WOW

hell of a night.
    I'm a mass guy, but there is something special about this building. great crowd, great sound, just plain great energy.
    I thought Worcester 1 was insane but this definitely topped it. The one thing I'll say about worcester 1 vs this show is that ed's voice seemed to stay stronger for longer. It seemed like worcester 2 (which he admitted) and even at times last night, ed was struggling. Not the same power as 2010, just my opinion. But still amazing of course!

other cool moments...
    ed attempting a David Lee Roth style flying kick during ATBL
    mike teasing a soundgarden riff. outshined I believe
    Post edited by BastardsInTheBalcony on
    8/30/00, 7/11/03, 8/28/08, 8/30/08, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, PJ20, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 10/25/13, Fenway 2016 1&2
    EV Solo Albany 1&2 09
  • Options
    Addicted
    PJ is the only band that I will see repeatedly and not get tired of them.
    Great stage set up without obstruction.
    The crowd seemed louder than at the Bell center in Montreal
    Sweet seats 10 feet from Boom.
    The only downside is that I paid $1400 for a pair and the preparty had comparable seats auctioned off for a lot less.
    Live and learn
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    Is it me or has this been one of the greatest weeks in PJ history (maybe I'm still on that high from the shows)? It's so amazing that they seem to even better in these later years, gives me hope as I get older; though I'm not a rockstar like Eddie or Bruce……..but there's hope and I'm still ALIVE :D
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    Hartford = Best crowd i've been a part of , but i have to say that i thought the band didn't give back as much as the fans gave to them on this night ...

Brooklyn I = Best set list

Brooklyn II = best all around show

Yesterday preparty & tailgating party best thanks Steve you allways make it good ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    What a night! I have to agree with everyone else in this thread that has said it. I also went to both Worcester shows and last night was far and away the BEST of the bunch. Not like PJ didn't bring it in Worcester, but I think they brought it so hard last night because they HAD to. The crowd was NUTS!!! Everyone was in it from the start. Actually, even BEFORE they started, they turned the lights out and then turned them back on twice. I'm assuming it was to make sure people got into their seats before the show started, but by the third "lights out" the crowd was frenzied once they took the stage.

Thanks to PJ and thanks to everyone in that arena. It was nothing short of awesome. I've been to almost 20 shows now and I've seen some great ones but last night ranks WAY up there. Waaaaaaaay up there. I don't think I have ever seen Mike McCready better than he was last night, and that's saying something since he's always mind-blowing. If anyone out there is reading this and thinking about bootlegs, I promise you that this one will not disappoint.

Thanks Pearl Jam and thanks to the Hartford crowd! One of the best PJ shows I've ever seen! Cheers!!!
    JP
    07/03/2003, 07/11/2003, 09/28/2004, 09/29/2004, 05/13/2006, 05/24/2006, 05/25/2006, 10/21/2006, 10/22/2006, 06/27/2008, 06/28/2008, 06/30/2008, 10/30/2009, 10/31/2009, 05/15/2010, 05/17/2010, 10/15/2013, 10/16/2013
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,302
    Last night, Ed sang backing vocals to the audience. :)

After the main set, I turned to my husband and said, is it just me, or is the crowd really loud tonight? Ed's getting drowned out at times!

We were at Philly Monday night, and I thought that was the best show I had seen. Last night -- just crazy.

Monday vs. Friday crowd: People in Philly were going nuts; they also were pretty drunk. What I noticed last night was that there were fewer people, in our section, at least, making steady drink runs. Folks brought a beer in with them and then just stayed put, singing for all they were worth. :) There was a lot more smoking than drinking happening.

I thought there was an edge to the setlist, due perhaps to Ed having Sandy Hook on his mind. And Ed definitely had a lot more to say last night than he did at Philly or at Worcester 2.

Stone was super-energetic, again -- actually, they all were. It felt a little as if they started off slow but the crowd's energy picked them up.

Oh, and did I mention it was really loud? :D

Anyway -- it was an amazing night. People in the back and up high were standing, singing, dancing. Everyone around us sang along to every song. Had someone up the thread not mentioned the girls in the bathroom line, I would have assumed it was a fan club-only show, I saw so many people who were into it. :)

So, thanks to the guys for putting on a great show. And thanks to eveyone else there for bringing your energy and your love for the band. It was a memorable night. :D Tonight, we go to the NY Philharmonic, where, I have promised my son, I will not scream or sing along. ;)
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    Hartford = Best crowd i've been a part of , but i have to say that i thought the band didn't give back as much as the fans gave to them on this night ...

Yesterday preparty & tailgating party best thanks Steve you allways make it good ...

They played for almost 3 hours and 10 minutes. What didn't they give back to you?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    wall05wall05 Posts: 304
    Last night was absolutely incredible! I'm still at a loss for words. I'll have to sort out my thoughts before I can even try to analyze this one. Just insane!

Now bring on the post tour depression! :lol::lol:
    2008 - Camden, NJ 1
    2009 - Philadelphia, PA x4
    2010 - Newark, NJ, New York City, NY x2
    2012 - Philadelphia, PA
    2013 - Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA x2, Hartford, CT
    2016 - Philadelphia, PA x2, New York City, NY 2, Fenway 2
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320

They played for almost 3 hours and 10 minutes. What didn't they give back to you?

Just songs that i thought would of fit better last night for as good as the crowd was i thought that they could played a different set of songs to fit the enthusiasm of crowd , it's all my own assesment not gospel ...yeah long set and i loved the show ...i can only compare it to Newwark remember the set list was sick but the crowd sucked that's how it felt to me the crowd was insane but the set could of used a bit more rockers and less slow songs ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I dont normally post -but after last night, I had to. I am still in shock over this show. Truly amazing-so good I nearly wept! LOL. I cant stop smiling. :D
  • Options
    TremormanTremorman Posts: 382
    loved the end of Alone with the extended accappella verse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOVyojmi0IM
  • Options
    WO83886WO83886 Boston Posts: 61
    Top 5 show.

Been to over 30 shows, many of which are some of the big ones like the 03 Mansfield shows, Gorge 05, LA 09 shows with Cornell to name a few but this one last night just shot up into the top 5 possibly top 3. I've seen better set lists and longer shows etc. it was just simply the loudest PJ show I've ever been to. It wasn't just louder than normal it was really loud and it sounded really good. It made what was a very good set list and performance a special one and without question one of my favorite shows I've ever been to.

Everyone who was there last night won.
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    1998 - 9/16 Mansfield
    2000 - 8/29 Mansfield, 8/30 Mansfield
    2003 - 7/2 Mansfield, 7/3 Mansfield, 7/11 Mansfield
    2004 - 9/28 Boston, 9/29 Boston
    2005 - 9/1 Gorge, WA
    2006 - 5/24 Boston, 5/25 Boston, 5/30 Washington D.C.
    2008 - 6/28 Mansfield, 6/30 Mansfield
    2009 - 9/30 Universal City(L.A), 10/1 Universal City(L.A), 10/6 Universal City(L.A), 10/7 Universal City(L.A)
    2010 - 5/3 Kansas City, 5/10 Boston
    2011 - 9/3 East Troy, 9/4 East Troy
    2012 - 9/2 Philly
    2013 - 7/19 Wrigley Field, 10/15 Worcester, 10/16 Worcester, 10/25 Hartford
    2016 - 4/8 Ft. Lauderdale, 5/1 MSG, 8/7 Fenway Park
    2018 - 8/18 Wrigley Field, 9/2 Fenway Park, 9/4 Fenway Park
    2021 - 9/26 Dana Point
    2022 - 9/3 Ottawa

• Options
    Absolutely fantastic show. It was unique in many ways... great all around.
  • Options
    jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    The best part was when the lights went out. Then back on. BOOOOO Then out. Then back on. BOOOOOOO And then wait.

Then off.

Then Heaven.
    Or at least my vision of Heaven.
    The sound was crisp. The crowd was pumped. And the band Rocked my world. Thank you Pearl Jam.
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    got there just in time after driving 4+ hrs from NYC at 3pm to the hotel then walking to the arena and grabbing dinner and getting to our 10Club seats (sec 102 row F seats 1&2 w/363xxx member number) just as the lights went out.

This was my 20th overall show and was supposed to be taking my Dad (who was supposed to fly up from FL) but his mom (my grandma) suddenly became ill and had to go into ICU. She had a 50/50 chance but she pulled through. They actually got home from the hospital today. When they played Pendulum>Long Road and about lost it. Been wanting to hear those lyrics for 8+ yrs live and to sing them with my grandma in mind was really special. going down to see her nov 9-12 and i'll be sure to appreciate my time while i'm there.

the whole show was electric. I think 7 or 8 songs before ed said "good evening, Hartford" and then right back into the show with more energy. PERFECT SOUND. I love that place. saw The Dead w/Warren Haynes there in 2009 then PJ in 2010. I hope they play more shows there in the future.

Was really hoping for Off He Goes in the 1st encore since the feeling of Long Road, but can't be disappointed by the new songs on the album and Chloe>Crown>Eruption>Ain't Talkin' - WOW - got a video i'm posting to the 10C fb page. my face was melting the first 30 seconds of eruption, but then I started recording my video. (had to pick my face off the floor)

Fuckin' Up (got a video of this too) into Indifference was a beautiful way to cap off a 3hr 15min concert in my home state!!

bought the s/n ames poster during go>crazy mary and just picked up the sticker on eBay. would really love a Xerox copy of the setlist from my 20th overall and last show of this tour (if anybody was lucky enough to snag one)
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Last night, Ed sang backing vocals to the audience. :)

This. I need to see the videos from better man cuz I could see ed 's face from the back of ga & it was priceless.
    Oh and also during elderly woman when he turned around to face the front audience for "HELLOOOOOOO"

what was the other song the audience took over singing from him? My brain is still melted.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    chipvittchipvitt pittsfield, ma Posts: 15
    Hartford -always the best stop on the tour -should be known as the North East home of PJ

Was at Brooklyn II -a great show -but man a night like last night -just f'ing unreal!
    Thank You PJ and everyone who is a part of their support team!
    Let's hope we see you all again soon
    Nov 5 '91Troy NY
    Aug 4 '92 Saratoga
    Aug 19 '93 Montreal
    Oct 1 '96 Buffalo
    Oct 2 '96 Hartford
    Aug 20 '98 Montreal
    Sep 13 '98 Hartford
    Sep 16 '98 Mansfield
    Aug 27 '00 Saratoga
    Jun 29 '03 Montreal
    May 13 '06 Hartford
    May 5 '10 Hartford
    EV solo Jun 18 '11 Hartford
    Oct 19 '13 Brooklyn
    Oct 25 '13 Hartford
    May 2 '16 NYC
    Aug 7 '16 Boston
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Fuck... Holy fuckin shit!

I have to Thank 2 People that were in the building with me tonight...
    The 2 dudes near the soundboard, staff. Whom took my wife & 9 Year old son Matt, from section 4 row B and brought them, as a courtesy due to my sons height and impossibility to see anything at all, all the way the the far right (Stone Side Extreme) GA RAIL with wristbands and said "Enjoy the show, He should be up front" :shock:
    This all took place during Evenflow, as I watched on!! My wife had no clue I saw this taking place from my section where I sat with my other son in the wing.. Then she starts waving and all that and I say have a blast, screw you you lucky bitch, :lol: I wave to my son and they go..

As the setlist proceeds I get to watch this EPIC fucking show, AND my wife & youngest son rock the rail together throughout! :)
    Then came the end.... And they blew us away with one of MY family's favs, Fuckin Up. Place is jumpin, Band is kicking fucking ass, and I still got my right eye on my wife and son.. And then, there was Eddie, whom I just could have sworn I saw take a double take at my son... And sure as shit he did.. Dances on over, hops on that big as speaker or whatever that was over on the far right, points out my son (at this point I'm totally going BANANAS watching it all go down in sec 117!) and clears it for him to get something to him.. Then, tosses his new Batmobile picks (collector dad, uh oh!), and I then see my son smiling ear to ear, picks in hand and people around him trying to steal em, HA! My wife ain't just hot, that bitch can breathe fire so I wasn't worried a bit... Then Ed goes off, slinging tambourines and whatever else and I am ELATED! Super dad from afar! His older brother, the one sitting with me.. just as proud. Rocking out, flipping out and just straight up being FREE, the look in his eyes for the pride he had in HIS baby brother.. You wanna talk about making a man cry!!? Holy shit I damn near lost it!! Thank God Fuckin Up was playing! Haha :lol:

Then Indifference started... My kids took in their first ever witnessing of the closing of a PJ gig, and EPIC one at that, and then Ed gets his eyes on my kid again, my wife waves and says "Thank you" towards Ed. He then nodded her way to get to Matt (my son) and tosses down a setlist and security makes sure he got it :)

To say that tonight, was Epic. For me, would be an EXTREME understatement!! For everyone else, it was just Epic. :lol:

This was a highlight of my LIFE! My kids first gig, the INCREDIBLE setlist, my son getting to experience PJ in a way I have never even thought would happen, sitting with my first born son and taking this all in together, being me with my son and my son being HIM with ME!

That's it for now.. Gotta try to sleep. All in all.. Major thank you to the 2 Staff that upgraded my wife and son, and escorted them right to the rail..

AWESOME STORY! I am so happy for you and your family. Rock on. :D
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    Crazy loud from beginning to end. This what happens when you put Boston/NY fans together in an arena....

Simply amazing show. .......thank you PJ
  • Options
    Feeling so so blessed to have been at this show! I was also at Brooklyn 2, and both Philly shows, but this one topped them all!! Special thanks to shetellsherself for the ticket upgrade-so awesome of you to do that for me!!! :D:D:D Thanks also to Mitch for the original tix (great that someone else got to use them and experience last night!) and to Bill, who I was very happy to meet and share the show with! :D:D (and to think, we were FB friends and I didn't even realize it! :shock: )

I can hardly even put into words what the show meant to me. When "Chloe/ Crown" started up, I felt the tears starting. It was so moving and beautiful-I have never had a reaction quite like that at a PJ concert. During the entire show, I was just in awe-in awe of the band, in awe of the crowd-I will never ever forget last night. I am so grateful to have been part of it all!!! :D:D:D

Thank you, PJ. No other band on earth compares with you-truly!!!
    "A beacon on dry land"