Options

OFFICIAL: Vinyl yet?

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,628
    ejp wrote:
    How do you clean them in batches?

You can fit about 30 vinyl records in a standard size dishwasher. Just make sure the water is as hot as it gets and you're good to go.
    :shock: :shock: :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    Mine arrived today in Ann Arbor - do I open it? What the hell is going on? Will we have to return these? :?
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    OttOtt Posts: 403
    Arrived in SA. Skips on Getaway, Pendulum, and Swallowed Whole. Visibly jacked.

I'd been abstaining until the vinyl got here, and I was prepared for the letdown. But I couldn't wait.

I absolutely love the album. Mature, deep, different, and I'm OK with it all. I'm not the same person I was 23 years ago. And this band has changed as well.

I hope the folks at the hq address and resolve the album issues. It's disappointing to say the least.
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • Options
    That's a no in boston. What the Fuck!!! But i was in the pit in Worcester 2. So I wont bitch,not yet anyway.
  • Options
    Date/Time Event Name Location
    18 Oct 2013 15:40 Package processed by local post office MEMPHIS, TN
    17 Oct 2013 08:30 Shipment Info Received by Post Office GREENSBORO, NC
    Date Description Location
    Oct 17 2013 Package received by dest MI facility Atlanta, GA
    Oct 12 2013 Package transferred to dest MI facility Auburn, WA
    Oct 11 2013 Package processed by Mail Innovations Auburn, WA
    Oct 11 2013 Package received for processing Auburn, WA
    Oct 10 2013 Shipment information received

This is really a round about way of getting to South Carolina
  • Options
    flikk22flikk22 Posts: 14
    Hey thanks for the tracking tip guys. Missed the message from santos. Looks like mine finally made its way to somewhere other than WA yesterday. Estimated arrival on the 21st for me as well. This whole thing has been crazy, but that sweet black circle will be worth it! Thanks again guys. Best fans on the planet!
  • Options
    I havent got mine yet and it is Friday. I really dont give a hoot since I am so amped for my Arcade Fire show next Thursday in Miami. I hate to say but their new album is 20x better then LB.
    St Pete '92...Orlando '92...St Pete '94...FL '96...WPB 2 '98...WPB 1 '00...Tampa '00... Tampa '03...Kissimmi '04...WPB '08...Tampa '08...Camden 1 '08...KC 10...Clearwater 1 '12 (EV)...Wrigley '13...Tampa '16...Fenway 2 '16
  • Options
    I havent got mine yet and it is Friday. I really dont give a hoot since I am so amped for my Arcade Fire show next Thursday in Miami. I hate to say but their new album is 20x better then LB.
    Is it that good?? I have only listened to the title track so far, and to my surprise I really dislike it a LOT. I think it's a really shitty song - just sounds like a very bad attempt at sounding like Daft Punk IMO (I like Daft Punk). Is the rest of the album way way better than "Reflektor"? (sorry for getting off topic!)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    Is the vinyl for Lightning Bolt some crazy limited edition? Why do I not see it on the website store?
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • Options
    strilo wrote:
    Is the vinyl for Lightning Bolt some crazy limited edition? Why do I not see it on the website store?
    Just check out the threads about that on the porch. the reason will quickly become apparent.
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,351
    received mine in western wa today... Plays ok but seems very quiet
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    nutbarznutbarz Posts: 227
    Projected Delivery Date: Oct 17 2013

19 Oct 2013 01:23 Package processed by local post office DES MOINES, IA
    17 Oct 2013 10:19 Package processed by local post office CINCINNATI, OH
    16 Oct 2013 08:05 Shipment Info Received by Post Office WARRENDALE, PA
    Date Description Location
    Oct 16 2013 Package transferred to Post Office CINCINN, OH
    Oct 16 2013 Ready for post office entry Urbancrest, OH
    Oct 15 2013 Package received by dest MI facility Urbancrest, OH
    Oct 12 2013 Package transferred to dest MI facility Auburn, WA
    Oct 11 2013 Package processed by Mail Innovations Auburn, WA
    Oct 11 2013 Package received for processing Auburn, WA

This is Fun, It was 10 Hours east of me, now its 5 hours west of me. Wonder if I will pass it on the road today?

Glad Woot.com uses Smartpost, things seem to get here quicker that way.
  • Options
    That's a no in boston. What the Fuck!!! But i was in the pit in Worcester 2. So I wont bitch,not yet anyway.

Nothing here in Leicester yet either. (Just south of Worcester).
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,606
    jlaustin wrote:
    Mine arrived today in Ann Arbor - do I open it? What the hell is going on? Will we have to return these? :?

open it and play it. If it sounds good, you are good to go.
  • Options
    This all seems a bit comical, I don`t normally track my packages , but I`m watching this album go from Auburn Wa. to Urbancrest Oh., and now its in Warendale Pa. . Cool, its on the move , but wait,! its going the wrong way I live in Green Bay Wi. ????
    Thats a pretty big carbon footprint if you ask me . I hope they work out whatever is going on, seems like there are a couple issues here.
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,769

http://www.urpressing.com/FAQ.php

How much music can I fit on a... (7" 10" 12")?
    Determining how much music can fit on a record is based in minutes and is not set in stone. We have our suggested maximums - what we know to be the range where you will generally have the best quality. These are as follows:

[paraphrasing]
    12" @ 33 RPM: 18 minutes

These recommended maximums become more crucial with bass heavy music, and you may want to lower the max per side if your music is very bass heavy. The volume of your record is directly linked to the total time of each side. When the side length of a 12'' record is less than 9 minutes, the loudness will be at the maximum for 33 1/3 rpm cuts. However, in most cases, you lose about one decibel in volume for each minute over 13 minutes per side. Loss of output volume is the most common issue, but pops, skips, and distortion/loss in the frequency extremes can also occur.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,165
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Is it that good?? I have only listened to the title track so far, and to my surprise I really dislike it a LOT. I think it's a really shitty song - just sounds like a very bad attempt at sounding like Daft Punk IMO (I like Daft Punk). Is the rest of the album way way better than "Reflektor"? (sorry for getting off topic!)

Yes, it is that good. I've heard the new Arcade Fire album. My favorite of the year. Meanwhile, Lightning Bolt may be the first Pearl Jam album not to make my year-end Top 10. Also, I'd argue that Arcade Fire is the best live band on the circuit these days.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Yes, it is that good. I've heard the new Arcade Fire album. My favorite of the year. Meanwhile, Lightning Bolt may be the first Pearl Jam album not to make my year-end Top 10. Also, I'd argue that Arcade Fire is the best live band on the circuit these days.
    Huh... I only find Arcade Fire's other albums okay. Nothing to write home about... I haven't found them vinyl purchase worthy, anyway. I'll listen to the rest of their new album with the terrible title track and hope that it's all better than the song they deemed worthy to be the first single, but I find it hard to believe anything they do is going to better than LB. None of their other work has been IMO.... their stuff is better than Backspacer though! Maybe they had some kind of revelation and improved dramatically since their last album.
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    arcade fire is not for everyone (much like pearl jam!). to compare them to daft punk, however, really shows an ignorance of both of those bands really. an apt comparison might be LCD Soundsystem since their lead hand a heavy hand in the album.

anyway, i'm in the more excited for arcade fire camp - although lightning bolt has grown on me some.

and still no vinyl yet for me. i may get arcade fire first at this rate. :D
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,345
    This all seems a bit comical, I don`t normally track my packages , but I`m watching this album go from Auburn Wa. to Urbancrest Oh., and now its in Warendale Pa. . Cool, its on the move , but wait,! its going the wrong way I live in Green Bay Wi. ????
    Thats a pretty big carbon footprint if you ask me . I hope they work out whatever is going on, seems like there are a couple issues here.
    I'm in Watertown. Mine has taken the same route as yours. Now its in Cincinnati.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    choop wrote:
    arcade fire is not for everyone (much like pearl jam!). to compare them to daft punk, however, really shows an ignorance of both of those bands really. an apt comparison might be LCD Soundsystem since their lead hand a heavy hand in the album.

anyway, i'm in the more excited for arcade fire camp - although lightning bolt has grown on me some.

and still no vinyl yet for me. i may get arcade fire first at this rate. :D
    I didn't compare them to daft punk. I compared one single song to daft punk. Not even. I just said it sounded like some sort of attempt to sound like daft punk (not that I actually think that's what they were going for). AF has never done anything else that has even come close to sounding like a bad attempt at daft punk. I am not ignorant about either band. I know both pretty well. And AF is normally just fine. I just hate their new title track.
  • Options
    Mine has not updated it's tracking info from the beginning :/
  • Options
    guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221

http://www.urpressing.com/FAQ.php

How much music can I fit on a... (7" 10" 12")?
    Determining how much music can fit on a record is based in minutes and is not set in stone. We have our suggested maximums - what we know to be the range where you will generally have the best quality. These are as follows:

[paraphrasing]
    12" @ 33 RPM: 18 minutes

These recommended maximums become more crucial with bass heavy music, and you may want to lower the max per side if your music is very bass heavy. The volume of your record is directly linked to the total time of each side. When the side length of a 12'' record is less than 9 minutes, the loudness will be at the maximum for 33 1/3 rpm cuts. However, in most cases, you lose about one decibel in volume for each minute over 13 minutes per side. Loss of output volume is the most common issue, but pops, skips, and distortion/loss in the frequency extremes can also occur.
    Interesting to know. Perhaps they should have added a couple more songs and went with 2 records.
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    Tracked mine again earlier today:

19 Oct 2013 10:50 Package processed by local post office BELL GARDENS, CA
    19 Oct 2013 09:18 Package processed by local post office BELL GARDENS, CA
    18 Oct 2013 21:15 Shipment Acceptance at PO BELL GARDENS, CA
    18 Oct 2013 16:49 Shipment Info Received by Post Office PHOENIX, AZ
    Oct 18 2013 Package received by dest MI facility Fontana, CA
    Oct 16 2013 Package transferred to dest MI facility Auburn, WA
    Oct 15 2013 Package processed by Mail Innovations Auburn, WA
    Oct 15 2013 Package received for processing Auburn, WA

There's also now a "Delivery Confirmation" number on the UPS Mail Innovations site, which when I enter it at usps.com, now gives me tracking through their system, and a projected delivery date of 10/22/13, rather than the 10/21 shown on UPS-MI site.

...or the 10/15 or earlier date shown on 10C site! ;)
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,643
    My vinyl sounds fine but if they really cared we'd get 2LPs at 45rpm.
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    I don't want to complain about this to much, but I had a few issues also. Nothing like the other horror stories I've been hearing about though. There is a deep scratch on future days and it's very noticeable towards the end of the song. Also there's some very loud pops throughout the record and some minor noise distortion. Overall it seems mines in great shape compared to others :lol:
  • Options

Yeah, I'm in Everett, Wa. and my vinyl started in Auburn, Wa. and is now at post office in L.A., Ca. Something is amiss.
  • Options
    I am just outside of Chicago and this has been my package's journey so far:
    Auburn, WA
    to
    Urbancrest, OH
    to
    Cincinnati, OH
    to
    Warrendale, PA
    back to
    Cincinnati, OH
    to
    Des Moines, IA

For those keeping score it has gone past Chicago twice without stopping. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    I'm in Watertown. Mine has taken the same route as yours. Now its in Cincinnati.

I'm in Appleton. FOX VALLEY FTW. My tracking is showing it's still in Urbancrest. The Vault 3 thing was just as ridiculous. It actually went from Ohio to Penn back to Ohio.

I should note that I regularly order from a business in California that also uses UPSMI. EVERYTHING they send me gets here in three days in custom packaging. In fact, I had an item from them ship the day AFTER Vault 3 shipped and it got to me a full week ahead of Vault 3. Their emails also include a clickable link that lets you go directly to the tracking data (no "add a one" required). I'm not quite sure what option they're using with UPSMI but it's certainly different and preferable (and more efficient) than the one 10C uses.

This year I ordered records directly from Nine Inch Nails and Queens of the Stone Age. I paid less shipping for both of them. The NIN album came day of release as promised (With MP3s and the CD included free of charge). The QOTSA album ran into some manufacturing delays (it was the deluxe edition) but they emailed me TWO WEEKS AHEAD OF TIME and said "Hey, your record is going to be late. Sorry about that. By way of apology, here are the digital files for the album ahead of schedule to make it up to you." Sane people call that "good customer service."

I just ordered the Screaming Life/FOPP re-issue from Sub Pop. They have four shipping options on their site and all of them promise shipping in less than a week. In fact, the most affordable option is guaranteed to be with you in THREE days. It was like $7.

So it can't possibly be a weight issue. All three of the albums I'm talking about above are two-LP sets on 180g vinyl). The QOTSA set is even heavier since it has a thick cover.

So then what's the catch? WHY is 10C using this system/option? Is it more affordable for the customers? Clearly not. Is it the most efficient? Clearly not. Is it more sustainable? I can't answer that. Is it more affordable for 10C to ship that way? If it is, they're laughing all the way to the bank.

For me, the most important issue is why does there seem to be a pattern of deliberate obfuscation on 10c's part?

A lot of this, in my opinion, could be satisfied with a simple email to the customers. It's pretty sad that I had to come to a message board (I can't think of the last time I've posted here if ever) to find out what the deal is with my order.
  • Options
    I live 20 minutes from auburn wa and still haven't gotten mine yet...