Options

OFFICIAL: Vinyl yet?

Comments

• Options
    uwhusky1998uwhusky1998 Seattle Area Posts: 52
    Nope. My 10c Lightning Bolt vinyls only needed to travel 15.7 miles from Seattle. Now the LB's are in Bell Gardens, CA.

10c to Auburn, WA: +/-12 miles
    Auburn, WA to Fontana, CA: 1160 +/- miles
    Fontana, CA to Phoenix, AZ: 330 +/- miles
    Phoenix, AZ back to Bell Gardens, CA: 375 +/- miles

So far, Lightning Bolt has traveled 1887 miles and still counting. Did I mention that they were shipped on 10/9??? Not exactly lightning speed! I am going to ask this simple question. Has the management of UPS/MailInnovations.com ever watched 'Office Space'? I think they need the "Bobs", aka, efficiency experts. I mean, how much did it really cost $8.32? Seems this package has traveled more than $8.32 worth.

I am not blaming the 10c for this, as they do not control how UPS manages packages once they leave the warehouse, however, I would choose the option of USPS if I had the option, and gladly pay more for shipping. I know shipping costs have been one of the most common complaints and this was probably the cheapest option for the 10c's members.

Once the LB's arrive, Let the Records Play!!!
    Pearl Jam - 9/16/96, 7/18/98, 7/21/98, 7/22/98, 10/10/98, 11/5/00, 11/6/00, 10/22/01, 12/6/02, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 6/7/03, 10/22/03, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/9/09, 11/29/13, 12/6/13, 5/01/16, 5/02/16
    Eddie Vedder - 7/15/11, 7/16/11, 9/9/17
    Flight To Mars - 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    JB106505 wrote:
    This all seems a bit comical, I don`t normally track my packages , but I`m watching this album go from Auburn Wa. to Urbancrest Oh., and now its in Warendale Pa. . Cool, its on the move , but wait,! its going the wrong way I live in Green Bay Wi. ????
    Thats a pretty big carbon footprint if you ask me . I hope they work out whatever is going on, seems like there are a couple issues here.
    I'm in Watertown. Mine has taken the same route as yours. Now its in Cincinnati.

I'm in Appleton. FOX VALLEY FTW. My tracking is showing it's still in Urbancrest. The Vault 3 thing was just as ridiculous. It actually went from Ohio to Penn back to Ohio.

I should note that I regularly order from a business in California that also uses UPSMI. EVERYTHING they send me gets here in three days in custom packaging. In fact, I had an item from them ship the day AFTER Vault 3 shipped and it got to me a full week ahead of Vault 3. Their emails also include a clickable link that lets you go directly to the tracking data (no "add a one" required). I'm not quite sure what option they're using with UPSMI but it's certainly different and preferable (and more efficient) than the one 10C uses.

This year I ordered records directly from Nine Inch Nails and Queens of the Stone Age. I paid less shipping for both of them. The NIN album came day of release as promised (With MP3s and the CD included free of charge). The QOTSA album ran into some manufacturing delays (it was the deluxe edition) but they emailed me TWO WEEKS AHEAD OF TIME and said "Hey, your record is going to be late. Sorry about that. By way of apology, here are the digital files for the album ahead of schedule to make it up to you." Sane people call that "good customer service."

I just ordered the Screaming Life/FOPP re-issue from Sub Pop. They have four shipping options on their site and all of them promise shipping in less than a week. In fact, the most affordable option is guaranteed to be with you in THREE days. It was like $7.

So it can't possibly be a weight issue. All three of the albums I'm talking about above are two-LP sets on 180g vinyl). The QOTSA set is even heavier since it has a thick cover.

So then what's the catch? WHY is 10C using this system/option? Is it more affordable for the customers? Clearly not. Is it the most efficient? Clearly not. Is it more sustainable? I can't answer that. Is it more affordable for 10C to ship that way? If it is, they're laughing all the way to the bank.

For me, the most important issue is why does there seem to be a pattern of deliberate obfuscation on 10c's part?

A lot of this, in my opinion, could be satisfied with a simple email to the customers. It's pretty sad that I had to come to a message board (I can't think of the last time I've posted here if ever) to find out what the deal is with my order.

:clap:

This is what frustrates me the most as well - not that I don't have my product in hand as promised, but that we haven't heard JACK SHIT from the 10C - not a forum post, a shipping e-mail, something on the News page - NOTHING. We're all piecing together information being shared by each other on the forum. In that sense, I love the community here, but the lack of 10C to make even the briefest of statements addressing the apparently widespread issues involved with this thing is pretty despicable.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    mr_canadamr_canada Posts: 555
    :clap:

This is what frustrates me the most as well - not that I don't have my product in hand as promised, but that we haven't heard JACK SHIT from the 10C - not a forum post, a shipping e-mail, something on the News page - NOTHING. We're all piecing together information being shared by each other on the forum. In that sense, I love the community here, but the lack of 10C to make even the briefest of statements addressing the apparently widespread issues involved with this thing is pretty despicable.

yup
  • Options
    Here's my vinyl's adventure so far.

Date/Time Event Name Location
    19 Oct 2013 10:49 Package processed by local post office BELL GARDENS, CA
    19 Oct 2013 10:14 Package processed by local post office BELL GARDENS, CA
    19 Oct 2013 06:32 Package processed by local post office BELL GARDENS, CA
    18 Oct 2013 21:15 Shipment Acceptance at PO BELL GARDENS, CA
    18 Oct 2013 16:49 Shipment Info Received by Post Office PHOENIX, AZ
    Date Description Location
    Oct 18 2013 Package received by dest MI facility Fontana, CA
    Oct 16 2013 Package transferred to dest MI facility Auburn, WA
    Oct 15 2013 Package processed by Mail Innovations Auburn, WA
    Oct 15 2013 Package received for processing Auburn, WA
    Oct 10 2013 Shipment information received
    Jones Beach, NY 2001
    New Orleans, LA 2003
    Oakland, CA 2013
  • Options
    bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,082
    I got mine yesterday. :D
  • Options
    SS9981SS9981 Posts: 1,729
    Got mine in southern I.N. yesterday
    Scott A. Setser
  • Options
    Got mine today 93312
  • Options
    JS188455JS188455 Posts: 107
    I'm going to guess that the "sorry we missed you" notice left in my mailbox yesterday was for the LB vinyl. My expected delivery date was the 21st.
  • Options
    have not gotten my pre order yet but broke down and bought a copy at jacks in red bank nj....skips in pendulum and overall sound on second side is a let down....lets hope my 10c copy is a good 1
  • Options
    Chris Sabo wrote:
    I am just outside of Chicago and this has been my package's journey so far:
    Auburn, WA
    to
    Urbancrest, OH
    to
    Cincinnati, OH
    to
    Warrendale, PA
    back to
    Cincinnati, OH
    to
    Des Moines, IA

For those keeping score it has gone past Chicago twice without stopping. Ridiculous.
    I am in Des Moines and haven't got mine. Where do i find my tracking #?
  • Options
    Was hoping it would be there when I got home from Brooklyn last night, but not yet. Fingers crossed for tomorrow! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    With the quality of some of these LPs I have been purchasing it is really making me want hi-rez files for all my music more and more. I still have not received mine and if it sounds in any less then idea I will not be ordering another PJ lp.

Going back to my off topic of AF. AF is an amazing band that continues to evolve from their wonderful first album to the new one. They remind me of PJ of old as in how PJ evolved from the Ten album to No Code. What I see in the new PJ music is a status quo sound. Lightning Bolt is a good album but AF new album is a master piece of music. Yes AF is not for everyone, but I listen to many different genres of music and this new AF is a classic.
    St Pete '92...Orlando '92...St Pete '94...FL '96...WPB 2 '98...WPB 1 '00...Tampa '00... Tampa '03...Kissimmi '04...WPB '08...Tampa '08...Camden 1 '08...KC 10...Clearwater 1 '12 (EV)...Wrigley '13...Tampa '16...Fenway 2 '16
  • Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    With the quality of some of these LPs I have been purchasing it is really making me want hi-rez files for all my music more and more. I still have not received mine and if it sounds in any less then idea I will not be ordering another PJ lp.

Going back to my off topic of AF. AF is an amazing band that continues to evolve from their wonderful first album to the new one. They remind me of PJ of old as in how PJ evolved from the Ten album to No Code. What I see in the new PJ music is a status quo sound. Lightning Bolt is a good album but AF new album is a master piece of music. Yes AF is not for everyone, but I listen to many different genres of music and this new AF is a classic.

I just don't get it... Maybe AF isn't for me, but after hearing RAVE reviews I checked out the SNL performances.

Then I proceeded to sit there in shock that this band is as huge as it is. It was one simple disco drum beat over and over and over with them sayin "just a reflector" over and over... When she got In the box I thought, ok, this has to be a skit right?? It was that bad. The black African drummers were a parody of themselves.

Another way to put it is, I finally understood why our parents were appalled by most of our music as a kid... It made me feel very old, (im 31) out of touch and happy to be a hermit living in my own world.

Back on topic, was there any issues at all with the backspacer lp? Don't recall any complaints about sound issues or cracking and popping...

Did the sound suffer the same fate on backspacer? Example - the bass being barley audible, etc.

Also, are the newer pj records mixed for vinyl? I'm pretty sure no code, yield and binuaral are, right?
  • Options
    Still no vinyl Lightning Bolt in Toronto record stores :cry:
  • Options
    smanchac1 wrote:

I just don't get it... Maybe AF isn't for me, but after hearing RAVE reviews I checked out the SNL performances.

Then I proceeded to sit there in shock that this band is as huge as it is. It was one simple disco drum beat over and over and over with them sayin "just a reflector" over and over... When she got In the box I thought, ok, this has to be a skit right?? It was that bad. The black African drummers were a parody of themselves.

Another way to put it is, I finally understood why our parents were appalled by most of our music as a kid... It made me feel very old, (im 31) out of touch and happy to be a hermit living in my own world.

You're judging AF based on one song? This is their fourth record. This is basically the equivalent of making a judgement on PJ based on Who You Are only. Maybe you like it, maybe you don't, but one song off one album is a very narrow view of any band, especially one as diverse as Arcade Fire.
  • Options
    angiuloangiulo Posts: 27
    Here is my email correspondence with the Ten Club. I can’t believe how poor the customer service is. It seemed like it was lie after lie and not taking ownership of the situation.

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 3:39 PM, Ten Club LLC <shipping@tenclub.net> wrote:
    Hello Matt Angiulo,
    Your Ten Club LLC order is on its way!
    Your order number ******* includes:
    Qty Product Code - Product Name Status
    1 6371 - 2013 PEARL JAM 10C VERSION LIGHTNING BOLT V shipped
    Carrier: Mail Innovations
    Your package will be delivered to:
    Matt Angiulo
    Havertown, PA 19083
    USA
    Once again, thank you for your business!

Best Regards,
    Ten Club LLC
    <!-- e --><a href="mailto:shipping@tenclub.net">shipping@tenclub.net</a><!-- e -->

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 5:44 PM, Matt Angiulo <*******@gmail.com> wrote:
    To whom it may concern,
    I still have not received the new record. Can you please check to see where it is.

Frustrated and disappointed,
    Matt

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 5:45 PM, Tenclub <shipping@tenclub.net> wrote:
    ##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Vinyl was received 10/11/13 from the manufacturer and began shipping that day.
    Digital files are in your order history, click order number and you'll see the links.
    10c

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 7:18 PM, Matt Angiulo <*******@gmail.com> wrote:
    I appreciate your response but if I was only interested in the digital files I could have gotten them several different ways. I am more concerned about the physical format, in particular, vinyl. Why would you post on your website that if you pre-order it, it will arrive on release date and in actuality it isn't going to arrive until a week later?

Still frustrated, disappointed, and now upset,
    Matt

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 1:21 PM, Matt Angiulo <*******@gmail.com> wrote:
    I would appreciate a responce as to why your website said I would receive the product by October 15th and I still have yet to receive it. If I knew that I would not be receiving the vinyl on the release date, I would have gone to my local record store to pick it up. Another company could have benifitied from your false advertsing. My son and I have been waiting months to be able to sit around the record player to listen together.

According to the UPS tracker, it seems that my item was not even shiped until 10/14.

3GAX1T3-wJ6_jE9dUR7TzC8E6ixWSej2f6oiv45Bi8aa5p31_ob9v-4XjKyE5JHEZZoXbxddo8XVbbMomC858P2YiVT3Gt2LdvdmsPi8CBgx18LJhz6tpxT-BA

Knowing that your website said I would receive it by the release date (10/15), why would you ship it on 10/14?

Still awaiting an answer,

Matt

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 2:47 PM, Tenclub <shipping@tenclub.net> wrote:
    ##- Please type your reply above this line -##
    hi,
    All vinyl shipments were delayed due to a manufacturing issue. Vinyl will not be available at other retailers until 10/28.
    Productions delays are out of our control. You have the digital links and order will arrive shortly.
    10c

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 3:11 PM, Matt Angiulo <*******@gmail.com> wrote:
    I find that hard to believe when @PearlJam retweeted a record store on 10/16 (day after release) that they had vinyl in stock. Please see link below. I preordered this in July. There should be no excuse why I this could not be on my doorstep on 10/15.

https://twitter.com/vintagevinylSTL/sta ... 7923519488

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 2:01 PM, Matt Angiulo <*******@gmail.com> wrote:
    Currently, my local record store has copies in stock. How can that be if it isn't to be released until 10/28? I could of bought it from them before receiving mine from the 10club.

JUb459rINBTiMP16mNzjIZRppseplirf1Ocgw5kBwuj9bmOIq05uxdDi-lSiRMTDzcTNjeCci8M6CfNE-2ckgyJl8LgPnVXkl3udpjfK-Si24FbmyJG5i6QdcA

https://twitter.com/ElectricAveWC/statu ... 7786605568

As of time of this positing, the UPS tracking has not changed once.
  • Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    smanchac1 wrote:

You're judging AF based on one song? This is their fourth record. This is basically the equivalent of making a judgement on PJ based on Who You Are only. Maybe you like it, maybe you don't, but one song off one album is a very narrow view of any band, especially one as diverse as Arcade Fire.

I watched two songs and that's more than enough.

I did clearly state it was my first time to hear it, and, I thought I expressed just how confused I was. I have heard so many positive things but that was worse than a joke to me.

I will pass checking more music out, and if its my loss so be it. I feel any band that has to hire African drummers and paint their face and dress in sync are trying a bit to hard to make up for the lack of something...

And whoever said any AF album is 10x better than LB... That's beyond me. And it's why I commented here. I didn't just throw out "that song sucks and they suck" I gave my reasons for it. At least I can form an opinion and have a reason for that opinion, but many cant even do that.
  • Options
    BK5403BK5403 Posts: 50
    Ott wrote:
    Arrived in SA. Skips on Getaway, Pendulum, and Swallowed Whole. Visibly jacked.

I'd been abstaining until the vinyl got here, and I was prepared for the letdown. But I couldn't wait.

I absolutely love the album. Mature, deep, different, and I'm OK with it all. I'm not the same person I was 23 years ago. And this band has changed as well.

I hope the folks at the hq address and resolve the album issues. It's disappointing to say the least.

The beauty of vinyl is that when it's done right, it's the best playback medium that exists. But it's still a physical medium and so has some specific drawbacks -- a few which seem apparent on Lightning Bolt.

One: Record sides should be 18-22 mins max before it starts to be a major compromise between dynamics, bass, volume, frequency, etc. All the good stuff needs a little room! Jam too much music on a side and you're increasing the odds of distortion, buzzing, ripping, etc. unless you have a great system. Personally, i have really good equipment and i record washed the LP 2x, but i'm still getting groove distortion on pendulum and others.

Two: When you cut it close with time & space like this, your mastering engineer / lacquer cutter and pressing plant have to both be top quality if they hope to pull it off. One thing goes wrong and it becomes a cluster funk. I don't know anything about Golden Mastering, but if URP pressed these vinyls, then i'm not surprised about the crap job.

Three: On one hand, they mastered the album specifically for vinyl, which is awesome news. Few if any bands do shit like that. Hopeful sign that someone cares. But if they REALLY cared, they'd have enlisted Robert Ludwig or Kevin Gray and gotten everything pressed at RTI. And if they super really cared, they would have issued LB as a 2XLP release. The packaging was beautiful, but i'll never spend hundreds of hours with it like i will the music. If the record sounds friggin awesome and you need to sell it to me in a brown paper lunch bag, i'm all for it. Music always 1st!

Aight ... i'm all love here. not trying to stir stuff up, just ranting and wishing for a slightly stepped up respect for great sound & sonics to match the killer music.
    96 Hartford | 98 MSG 1 & 2 | 00 Jones Beach | 03 MSG 1 & 2 | 06 Irving Plaza | 06 Camden | 06 E. Rutherford | 08 MSG 1 & 2 | 10 MSG 1 & 2 | 11 EV/Portland | 13 Wrigley | 13 Brooklyn 1 & 2 | 13 Hartford | 13 Portland | 13 Seattle | 14 Stockholm | 17 EV/Tennessee | 18 Missoula
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    any coloured records turned up anywhere?
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,272
    BK5403 wrote:
    And if they super really cared, they would have issued LB as a 2XLP release.

Would have been great if they had BS & LB as this.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,945
    I've clearly got a problem - I'm super jealous of all you lot who've got your fucked up vinyl already :lol:
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    I'm hoping my vinyl arrives today, in pristine condition! :lol: I just heard something drop in my door, and thought it was the vinyl. It was the Billboard with PJ on the cover, so that's a nice surprise, coming that quickly. I just ordered it last week! :shock:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    PH20PH20 Posts: 466
    My tracking showed that my album is where my Vault 3 was with 5 days left before delivery.

That would put my vinyl delivery at almost 2 weeks after release date.
    2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
    2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
    2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Should be getting mine today.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    The mail was just delivered, and still no vinyl. :( Hoping for tomorrow!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    The mail here comes around 1230/1 est, I don't expect today to be the day, my order was never updated so all I know it's in a ditch somewhere :(
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    Is the record still being sold at shows? are they the black ones too or anyone got lucky?
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,938
    Is it true that a few red ones were added randomly to the records sold at the shows? I've heard that rumour at least 2 times from different sources :shock:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    My album has gone from Auburn WA to Atlanta GA to Greensboro NC and it now currently resides in Memphis TN. Wonder how many more stops this puppy will make before it makes its way down to Jacksonville...
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 314
    If this thing makes it in one piece, it will be a miracle. This is one well traveled vinyl.

Location Date Local Time Activity
    DES MOINES, IA, United States 10/21/2013 1:31 A.M. Package processed by Post Office
    CINCINNATI, OH, United States 10/19/2013 10:54 A.M. Package processed by Post Office
    WARRENDALE, PA, United States 10/18/2013 11:30 A.M. Electronic Shipment Information Received for Package by Post Office
    UPS Mail Innovations Shipment Progress
    Location Date Activity
    Urbancrest, OH, United States 10/18/2013 Postage Paid/Ready for destination post office entry
    Urbancrest, OH, United States 10/17/2013 Package received for sort by destination UPS Mail Innovations facility
    Auburn, WA, United States 10/15/2013 Package transferred to destination UPS Mail Innovations facility
    Auburn, WA, United States 10/14/2013 Package processed by UPS Mail Innovations origin facility