Options

OFFICIAL: Vinyl yet?

Comments

• Options
    jmosher wrote:
    There sure are alot of crybabies on this site. Not sure where your feelings of entitlement come from?

I decided to support my local record store and buy the vinyl through them. I took off 30 minutes from work to run over and grab it on Tuesday morning when they opened. I was told it had not arrived and they weren't sure why. He offered to hold it for me when it did come in but I told him I would pay for it and to just give me a call when it showed up. A whole 24 hours later it showed up. It cost me $24.99.

You know what happened in the time I had to wait, nobody died. The sun came up the next morning. Air continued to fill my lungs, my heart continued to do its job. I didn't loose the love of my family either.

I simply had to wait.

Jeremy

Everyone knows it's not life or death, doesn't mean people don't want to receive the vinyl on time. Also doesn't mean people don't have a right to vent, and where better to vent than here?

For the record, I did the same thing as you, and the record stores I tried in Toronto didn't have it on Tuesday, and I haven't been back yet. MP3s for now, try again Saturday.
  • Options
    jmosher wrote:
    There sure are alot of crybabies on this site. Not sure where your feelings of entitlement come from?

I decided to support my local record store and buy the vinyl through them. I took off 30 minutes from work to run over and grab it on Tuesday morning when they opened. I was told it had not arrived and they weren't sure why. He offered to hold it for me when it did come in but I told him I would pay for it and to just give me a call when it showed up. A whole 24 hours later it showed up. It cost me $24.99.

You know what happened in the time I had to wait, nobody died. The sun came up the next morning. Air continued to fill my lungs, my heart continued to do its job. I didn't loose the love of my family either.

I simply had to wait.

Jeremy
    There sure are a lot of dickheads on this site.
  • Options
    jmosher wrote:

I simply had to wait.

Jeremy

:corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn:
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options
    elahwelahw Posts: 61
    I just don't understand the shipping on this. It was sent to a warehouse in Auburn, WA. This is less than 5 miles from my house. Then it goes to Folsom, CA then to Los Angeles and finally onto Phoenix before it is sent back up to WA for me? Who runs a shipping company like that???

I am scheduled to receive it today. I hope that I do!
  • Options
    EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,103
    jmosher wrote:

I simply had to wait.

Jeremy

Turning it up a notch. I like it.
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    elahw wrote:
    I just don't understand the shipping on this. It was sent to a warehouse in Auburn, WA. This is less than 5 miles from my house. Then it goes to Folsom, CA then to Los Angeles and finally onto Phoenix before it is sent back up to WA for me? Who runs a shipping company like that???

My guess is that your "estimated delivery date" is when your local Post Office will have it. Expect another day or two before it actually is delivered on your doorstep :( :shock:
  • Options
    I bought 2 copies from Volcom store in NYC, both have issues with pops/skips on second side. Looks like it may have been a bad pressing. I'm sure 10c will rectify this. Just noticed the vinyl is not for sale on 10c anymore they removed it.
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    8.05.08 EV NYC 2 (3rd Row)
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
    6.21.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    6.22.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    9.02.12 Made In America Festival, Philly
    10.18.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
    10.19.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I bought 2 copies from Volcom store in NYC, both have issues with pops/skips on second side. Looks like it may have been a bad pressing. I'm sure 10c will rectify this. Just noticed the vinyl is not for sale on 10c anymore they removed it.

Shady
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    gcarngcarn Posts: 3
    I hope it's not removed for quality.

I just ordered it the other day :(
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,606
    gcarn wrote:
    I hope it's not removed for quality.

I just ordered it the other day :(

ha, same here. That doesn't account for sales not from here though.
  • Options
    Spoony CSpoony C Posts: 278
    A couple years ago, My Morning Jacket sold a deluxe green-vinyl 2LP copy of Circuital, and there were some reports and complaints of warping in the discs (my copy was acceptable, I thought), and immediately re-pressed and shipped replacements for both discs (in blank sleeves, to put into your existing copy of the packaging) to all buyers, regardless of whether the buyer had complained. It was quick, it was satisfactory, and it was great customer outreach. I swapped in the new, warp-free discs, and gave the two slightly uneven discs to a friend who had only bought the digital copy.

Something like that would be nice to see if these issues (especially an unavoidable skip on every copy) are frequent.
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 382
    Spoony C wrote:
    A couple years ago, My Morning Jacket sold a deluxe green-vinyl 2LP copy of Circuital, and there were some reports and complaints of warping in the discs (my copy was acceptable, I thought), and immediately re-pressed and shipped replacements for both discs (in blank sleeves, to put into your existing copy of the packaging) to all buyers, regardless of whether the buyer had complained. It was quick, it was satisfactory, and it was great customer outreach. I swapped in the new, warp-free discs, and gave the two slightly uneven discs to a friend who had only bought the digital copy.

Something like that would be nice to see if these issues (especially an unavoidable skip on every copy) are frequent.

How did they manage that through the local stores?
  • Options
    Just got home to Long Island after being in Worcester the past 2 days, and found the vinyl sitting at my door. Its a beauty, well worth the wait.
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"
  • Options
    mr_canadamr_canada Posts: 555
    So the vinyls are not playing properly. The PJ store has removed them from the site. They know they are no good. And what have they told us so far regarding this issue? Nothing! More top notch service.

Perhaps they don't want an online store anymore and are purposefully offering bad service to force people to buy elsewhere. It does seem like buying from anywhere but this site is a better option now. I hope that's not the case. I prefer to buy directly from the band. But selling items for more money with terrible turnaround time isn't the nicest approach to your most loyal customers.

I'm interested to see how this plays out.
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,822
    Can anyone point me to where I can read about the apparent issues with the vinyl? I couldn't find it on the site except for a couple random posts.

Also, are we really surprised by the lack of information, especially pertaining to the removal of the vinyl from the shop? Communication has always been the #1 issue around here. Remember when Kelly Curtis did that chat thing, and said they would certainly improve that? Haha. At least I have this AWESOME BONUS DIGITAL CONTENT to hold me over until my (most likely) faulty vinyl FINALLY shows up!!! :?
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    Spoony CSpoony C Posts: 278
    Mercury wrote:
    Spoony C wrote:

How did they manage that through the local stores?
    I think that deluxe edition was website-only, now that I think about it. The lesson still holds--they could do an automatic reissue for web orders from here, and have information available about a return/exchange policy for purchase made through other vendors. When I was a bit of a home-theater enthusiast at the dawn of the DVD era, a lot of the studios would do this for quality issues with their discs, and the news got pretty easily disseminated through the DVD news websites like The Digital Bits and DVDFile. I imagine there could be Twitter/Facebook updates to start the ball rolling on awareness if needed in this day and age.
  • Options
    elahw wrote:

I was supposed to get mine today and didn't. Did you get yours?
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,270
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Can't imagine it was rushed

It was announced In July

From what I understand there are very few Vinyl pressing plants around? I think I read somewhere that its something you have to book 5-6 months in advance?

I guess if the vinyl factory fell behind a bit and they have a backlog of titles to press, there might be an incentive to try and catch up?
  • Options
    jvoorheesjvoorhees Langley, BC Posts: 199
    Just checked the mailbox... nothing here in Vancouver, BC yet... My Washington vinyl boot was sent out on Oct 2 and I just received it today.... So Im guessing my Lightning Bolt vinyl probably end of the month... so cant wait to give it a spin!!!
    05/11/2000, Vancouver, BC
    05/30/2003, Vancouver, BC
    09/01/2005, The Gorge
    09/02/2005, Vancouver, BC
    07/22/2006, The Gorge
    09/25/2009, Vancouver, BC
    09/25/2011, Vancouver, BC
    12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC
    12/06/2013, Seattle, WA
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Wait, this is no longer for sale thru the 10C?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    jvoorheesjvoorhees Langley, BC Posts: 199
    Wow! Yeah its not listed in the 10C shop anymore!
    05/11/2000, Vancouver, BC
    05/30/2003, Vancouver, BC
    09/01/2005, The Gorge
    09/02/2005, Vancouver, BC
    07/22/2006, The Gorge
    09/25/2009, Vancouver, BC
    09/25/2011, Vancouver, BC
    12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC
    12/06/2013, Seattle, WA
  • Options
    My problem is I bought 2 At volcom store and just looked on receipt. Says no cash refunds. And of course I paid cash. Only store credit and has to be returned within 14 days. I'm hoping ten club takes care of this soon so I'm not out $60 bucks.
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
  • Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    Mine is still in Auburn, WA as well.
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    got mine in nj today. comes with cool stickers. i like the way the cover has brush strokes and looks more like an actual painting then the cd, and its got a round window cut where the eyeball lightning bolt is (similar to the window cut into the backspace lp)

sucks that the top of mine has that crack when the vinyl tried to rip through during shipping. why havnt people figured out how to ship these things w/o this happening? just my luck though, cause this happened to me w my benny.

oh, and mine is # 209/250 red vinyl

btw, i am only kidding about the red vinyl part...

:)
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,822
    got mine in nj today. comes with cool stickers. i like the way the cover has brush strokes and looks more like an actual painting then the cd, and its got a round window cut where the eyeball lightning bolt is (similar to the window cut into the backspace lp)

sucks that the top of mine has that crack when the vinyl tried to rip through during shipping. why havnt people figured out how to ship these things w/o this happening? just my luck though, cause this happened to me w my benny.

Oh boy, people will just see RED and lose their minds :lol: how does it soundddddd? :corn:
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    pjpitt89 wrote:

Oh boy, people will just see RED and lose their minds :lol: how does it soundddddd? :corn:

lol, i know. Im usually not cruel, but i kinda wanted to see what it would be like for the entire forum to take one giant, collective shit :lol:
  • Options
    BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695

You almost had me. :lol:
  • Options
    Well played but I kinda knew you were kidding.. Good one though ;)
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,752
    Live just outside of Chicago and haven't gotten mine as of today's deliveries :(
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    im spinning it right now. i did notice a visible round discoloration, prolly the size of a quarter, right over pendulum. i dont know if that will effect the play.

gonna take a pic of the HUGE sticker set, and post here...