Options

OFFICIAL: Vinyl yet?

Comments

• Options
    stoppler_pjstoppler_pj Montreal, Quebec, Canada Posts: 191
    mfc2006 wrote:
    http://www.alternativenation.net/?p=36757

Here's a video of the jackasses in the factory making the vinyl which we haven't received yet. Enjoy while we wait....

looks like a red vinyl...

plus singles for Getaway? 3rd single maybe? with a bside? :shock: 8-)

i was wondering if those a getaway singles or just postcards.
    You are obviously from the sticks if you call it a hoodie! Us sophisticated city folk call it a bunnyhug!
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    TL61540 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    http://www.alternativenation.net/?p=36757

Here's a video of the jackasses in the factory making the vinyl which we haven't received yet. Enjoy while we wait....

looks like a red vinyl...

plus singles for Getaway? 3rd single maybe? with a bside? :shock: 8-)

i was wondering if those a getaway singles or just postcards.

I thought maybe a sticker. Why show a 45 just sitting there when it's a packaging montage for LB and the sheet of paper there only had MYM and Sirens listed as singles. Could definitely be a 45. Those are just my thoughts.
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    they are just stickers/postcards, there is one for every song if you check ebay.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    I was told yesterday hat I won't see it in a store in Canada until Nov.5. Apparently the import vinyl is delayed. Guess I should have preordered from 10C. I was hoping to buy it local, so I would have it sooner. So much for that plan. Even with long 10C shipping I bet the friends that preordered will get it before I do :(
  • Options
    jmosherjmosher Posts: 34
    There sure are alot of crybabies on this site. Not sure where your feelings of entitlement come from?

I decided to support my local record store and buy the vinyl through them. I took off 30 minutes from work to run over and grab it on Tuesday morning when they opened. I was told it had not arrived and they weren't sure why. He offered to hold it for me when it did come in but I told him I would pay for it and to just give me a call when it showed up. A whole 24 hours later it showed up. It cost me $24.99.

You know what happened in the time I had to wait, nobody died. The sun came up the next morning. Air continued to fill my lungs, my heart continued to do its job. I didn't loose the love of my family either.

I simply had to wait.

Jeremy
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,606
    jmosher wrote:
    There sure are alot of crybabies on this site. Not sure where your feelings of entitlement come from?

I decided to support my local record store and buy the vinyl through them. I took off 30 minutes from work to run over and grab it on Tuesday morning when they opened. I was told it had not arrived and they weren't sure why. He offered to hold it for me when it did come in but I told him I would pay for it and to just give me a call when it showed up. A whole 24 hours later it showed up. It cost me $24.99.

You know what happened in the time I had to wait, nobody died. The sun came up the next morning. Air continued to fill my lungs, my heart continued to do its job. I didn't loose the love of my family either.

I simply had to wait.

Jeremy

how does yours sound? I've heard bad things from some people who already have the vinyl.

If people are crying now, wait until they get a crappy pressing.
  • Options
    Strangely my vinyl was in Columbus Ohio on Monday with an expected delivery date today. When I checked this am it was in Buffalo NY. Considering I live in Pittsburgh, they must have driven right by me to take it to Buffalo???? I guess I don't understand why the TenC orders weren't given priority status since many folks ordered it months ago. I think they made enough off the sale and shipping to spring for a priority delivery. It's not entitlement just good business IMO.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    jmosher wrote:

I simply had to wait.

Jeremy

What a stupid post. Alot easier to preach when have it and you didn't pay for it months ago. People have a right to bitch at the way 10c has handled this. They've made no apologies or any effort to correct it, but they made sure they have copies at the shows and the precious Volcom shop.
  • Options
    EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,103
    Strangely my vinyl was in Columbus Ohio on Monday with an expected delivery date today. When I checked this am it was in Buffalo NY. Considering I live in Pittsburgh, they must have driven right by me to take it to Buffalo???? I guess I don't understand why the TenC orders weren't given priority status since many folks ordered it months ago. I think they made enough off the sale and shipping to spring for a priority delivery. It's not entitlement just good business IMO.

Yeah, it sucks. However, this may be good news for me (?), as I live in Buffalo. I won't get excited until I see it though.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    H.Chinaski wrote:
    I got it today. Leftovers at the Volcom store in NYC. They still had quite a few LP's. Sounds and looks great. Only gripe is they didn't include a digital download. At 30$ for a single LP they should of included it if not a cd in the packaging.

From the PJ Twitter:
    Buy the #LightningBolt vinyl LP from @Amazon and get the MP3 version for free through AutoRip: http://t.co/511IkKvGWe
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    I think they had some sort of manufacturing \ production problem, guys.
    That's what the local record shop was guessing happened when I went in today.
    Said their shipment should have arrived last Friday, but they just got theirs in TODAY (the 16th).
    He was calling people on the phone telling them it had arrived when I walked in at noon-ish.

Maybe they are just having big time shipping problems,
    but the record store kats were really pushing the "manufacturing problems" line, like they knew what was up.
    ?

I would like to know why it is $35.
    Again, the record store guys said they *assumed* it was 180gram (cuz its pearl jam, i guess? or the price?) but if it is 180gram, pearl Jam failed to notify anyone with a sticker. (doh) ...$35 is steep for a cutout, when No Code was like $20 with a bunch of giant polaroids. I'll go with the 180gram and we goofed on the sticker line.

The YouTube video says 180gram

No Code was $20, but that was back in 1996...look at the price of a gallon of gas or whatever. Different times, different prices back then for the same stuff.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    H.Chinaski wrote:
    I got it today. Leftovers at the Volcom store in NYC. They still had quite a few LP's. Sounds and looks great. Only gripe is they didn't include a digital download. At 30$ for a single LP they should of included it if not a cd in the packaging.

From the PJ Twitter:
    Buy the #LightningBolt vinyl LP from @Amazon and get the MP3 version for free through AutoRip: http://t.co/511IkKvGWe

There's an MP3 card in the vinyl itself... in the pocket with the booklet and stickers. It's small and it can be missed.
  • Options

It's the UPS system...it goes from one transfer station to another transfer station on down the line.

I once had something sent from Philadelphia to Indianapolis to Columbus! :lol:
  • Options
    jamburger wrote:
    H.Chinaski wrote:

From the PJ Twitter:

There's an MP3 card in the vinyl itself... in the pocket with the booklet and stickers. It's small and it can be missed.

:clap::clap::clap:
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    jmosher wrote:

I simply had to wait.

Jeremy

What a stupid post. Alot easier to preach when have it and you didn't pay for it months ago. People have a right to bitch at the way 10c has handled this. They've made no apologies or any effort to correct it, but they made sure they have copies at the shows and the precious Volcom shop.

at the same time, what has bitching got anyone? A red vinyl? Something free?
  • Options
    Mine says, shipped on order History, but i haven't gotten a shipping confirmation email, and i have no tracking link, so i'm not holding my breath. I've been holding out to listen on vinyl, anybody else having this issue?
  • Options
    kramer73 wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    jmosher wrote:

I simply had to wait.

Jeremy

at the same time, what has bitching got anyone? A red vinyl? Something free?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pearl+jam+dimi+why+now+u+bitching

OR

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pearl+jam+dimi+bitching
  • Options
    I was wondering if anyone knew or not, but the 10c version and the regular version, any differences, colors of vinyl anything? I preordered both, but the digital content looks to be the same in my order.
  • Options
    I just picked up a copy at a local store. The packaging is fantastic, but the sound quality is pretty bad. Very loud/compression and pops/clicks on almost every song. For $35 for a single LP, this thing should sound immaculate.
    I don't like it when juice wears tights.
  • Options
    L1quidL1quid Posts: 75
    Another post in support of dumping UPS Mail Innovations. UPS Ground would have taken like one day from Seattle to SF; instead, I'm waiting a week from shipment date. Is the Ten Club trying to tell us something, like buy from local stores instead?
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Abtann0527 wrote:
    Mine says, shipped on order History, but i haven't gotten a shipping confirmation email, and i have no tracking link, so i'm not holding my breath. I've been holding out to listen on vinyl, anybody else having this issue?
    don't even have tracking info...had it for CD but nothing on vinyl. Have the CD but holding out to hear on vinyl...and think that will be more likely the way I'll hear it the first time..no more pressure to open CD. Just hoping it shows up in next week.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    Not sure if someone else posted this already, didn't read entire thread.

Email response from 10C:

UPS ships via hub system. Vinyl has not begun arriving anywhere, hang tight.
    10c
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,854
    I just picked up a copy at a local store. The packaging is fantastic, but the sound quality is pretty bad. Very loud/compression and pops/clicks on almost every song. For $35 for a single LP, this thing should sound immaculate.

agree...I got spoiled with Mad Season and Constitution Hall vinyl.

Still love it and take the pops and clicks as a part of the listening pleasure...
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984
    Does cleaning the hell out of it improve anything?
  • Options

from what I've heard, no.
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 382
    kramer73 wrote:

from what I've heard, no.

The massive skip that gets stuck in Pendulum is present on all copies I think. Check my video on Instagram @negavinyl

They should rectify this somehow, it's unacceptable.
  • Options
    RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    Still no vinyl in Phoenix. Local indy record store chain doesn't have them either.
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    I haven't received my copy yet but between the tardiness and the apparent skip, this seems like a botched rush-job from pressing plant to delivery.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    Can't imagine it was rushed

It was announced In July
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Can't imagine it was rushed

It was announced In July

Still there could have been issues pressing the vinyl. I mean there obviously is if copies have pops/skips.