Options

Post-show depression???

SarahMcNadiaSarahMcNadia Ontario / Québec Posts: 195
edited November 2013 in Given To Fly (live)
Anyone else get a little sad a couple days after a show? Or am I just tired? LOL!
An empty cup in the middle of the sea..
Buffalo 12-Oct-2013 * Cincinnati 01-Oct-2014 * St. Louis 03-Oct-2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Sure do. It was the worst yesterday, having to drive 7 hours back through Canada to northern MI. Was made a little better when I grabbed a liter of Jameson at the Duty Free on the way home though :D
  • Options
    FlyingwFlyingw Brantford Posts: 443
    I sure have it...and not another ticket for a PJ show in hand... I will have to live vicariously through the Setlist streams.
    Aug 18/93 Toronto, May 9/06 Toronto, Sept 11/11 Toronto, Sept 15/11 Hamilton,
    July 16/13 London, Oct 12/13 Buffalo, Oct 17/14 Detroit,
    April 8/16, Ft. Lauderdale, April 9/16 Miami, May 8/16 Ottawa, May 10/16 Toronto
    May 11/16 Toronto, Aug 20/16 Wrigley, Aug 22/16 Wrigley, TOTD Nov 5/16 Philly
  • Options
    tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611
    Flyingw wrote:
    I sure have it...and not another ticket for a PJ show in hand... I will have to live vicariously through the Setlist streams.

I think that's the worst...knowing that you don't have another ticket so that was the last show. I don't know though. I'm keeping hope alive that I'll be able to score another ticket when if something in my schedule allows it. If I didn't have work and school I would definitely have gotten more on this leg of the tour.

I guess you can say I'm already in a pre-show depression. Gotta snap out of it for Wednesday's show!
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • Options
    I think there needs to be a support group for this..
    Any recovery tips out there? I'm afraid to watch a PJ DVD incase it makes me more sad!!
    Glad I'm not alone though.. Thanks guys!!
  • Options
    lcusicklcusick Posts: 310
    Flyingw wrote:

I am going to follow the setlist streams and I keep playing Lightning Bolt, trying to learn all the lyrics. I am hoping this makes me less depressed. Or I could quit my job and follow the tour!! :lol::lol:
  • Options
    EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,103
    After going to the Pitt and Buff shows, I was definitely feeling the post-show-blues hard yesterday and a little bit today. It happened to me bad after Toronto '11 night 1, too.
  • Options
    This is a real thing and the only fix is your next show!
  • Options
    it is totally real,
    and like an actual drug withdrawal,
    its worse the more you do.

Go to 8 shows,
    and the day after its all over you are like, "WTF? this SUCKS!"
    :( :( :(

then you start thinking about how long it will take you to score (tickets) again ...
    and how good it felt while you were dosed up on the Pearl Jam.
    :/

I'm only going to 1 this year, and I am ALREADY having "post"-show depression ...
    like, i KNOW i'm ONLY going to one show, and not REALLY gonna "get off"
    :(
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I am bummed the Monday after Pitts and Buffalo.

Certainly planning on hanging out for the setlist threads.

Also doing Baltimore so there is that
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    it is totally real,

Go to 8 shows,

then you start thinking about how long it will take you to score (tickets) again ...

I'm only going to 1 this year, and I am ALREADY having "post"-show depression ...
    Perfect description. This is exactly how it feels. I want to be at a show every single night. :( I just think how nice life would be if no matter how bad the day, I had a show to go to that night. My husband said to me today "you're happiest when you're at a PJ show." He speaks the truth.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    I was going to start a thread about this, because now that Pitt and buffalo are done, I don't know the next chance I'll get to see Pearl Jam live. That is a sad thought. I have to hope that they announce a spring/summer tour in the US. What a wonderful thing these concerts are.
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    jonsey30 wrote:
    What a wonderful thing these concerts are.

Truth!
  • Options
    Victoria81Victoria81 Buenos Aires, Argentina Posts: 23
    it is totally real,

Go to 8 shows,

Perfect description. This is exactly how it feels. I want to be at a show every single night. :( I just think how nice life would be if no matter how bad the day, I had a show to go to that night. My husband said to me today "you're happiest when you're at a PJ show." He speaks the truth.

I couldn't agree more... the more you get, the more you want! this year for the SA tour I've got a ticket for Buenos Aires (my hometown) so obviously I was going to be there. But that wasn't enough, so I also bought a ticket for the show in Chile as they were playing there 3 days after that and wasn't that far away :? . First show abroad and a great way to spend my vacations! Now as the "PJ Live effect" was fading out... somehow got a ticket for the show at Seattle :D vacations time all over again! my boss can't believe I keep asking him to take days off just to see PJ, but anyway... happy to cross the days off my calendar until December! in the meantime, watching live shows in youtube seem to do the trick
    To myself I... surrender...To the one I'll never please
  • Options
    JoshoeuhJoshoeuh Posts: 167
    I've only been to two PJ shows, but I definitely understand post-show depression... I've told my wife that I feel like I'm at my best when I have a show to look forward to. Once it's over, it's over.. And that really bums me out.
    Columbus 2010 - Atlanta 2012 - Charlotte 2013
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    I went to Pitts/Buff and my spirit was destroyed the exact moment I seen the Pure Michigan sign. I am still in such a blue funk that I just get so instantly pissed when a friend/fam/co-worker asks me about how the shows were! :fp:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    Totally have this, don't know when I will get a chance to see them again... :(

Have to hold onto those wonderful memories...oh, yeah and how about some bootlegs! :D
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    noa.whonoa.who Posts: 130
    Still remember how low I felt after my first show, hyped way too much prior, pure ecstasy during, but day after was plain brutal.
    Definitely suffering from some pre post show depression right now, but guess we're all in the same boat aren't we? :roll:
    Watch me make up my mind instead of my face
  • Options
    :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Yep, Super duper depressed. I get so amped up waiting for it to happen, go to the show and ALWAYS get blown away.

Then....bummed out because I usually can only go to one show a tour and who knows when the next one will be!

The last time I went before Pittsburgh Friday was Buffalo 2010!!

I Hope and PRAY they do a summer/spring tour.

I wanted to run full speed into a wall after seeing tonights set list in MA!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!

I do feel lucky I saw the State College show....It was AWESOME! But of course, they ALL are for me!

I'm only up to 9 shows in 13 years :( :( :(
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    edited November 2013
    The first show I ever saw... I told myself this is it. Enjoy it now.
    I can't be depressed after a show.
    Post edited by STAYSEA on
  • Options
    I have it too :cry:

I think the only cure is to get the next ticket. Too bad I'm poor this year, LIFE happened...flood, car accident (no injuries but out of pocket damage), car breakdown #1 #2 Crazy fuckin cable bills...lol

These Pearl Jam trips don't come cheap, I know I've done many!

Crazy thing is...I go see almost everybody that's good live and I never get depressed afterwards. Only PJ does this to me :cry:

The bootleg might help me get through it...HURRY UP ALREADY!!! :D

Just knowing I got this credit card in my pocket and there are shows being played in THIS country that I am missing. It is taking every bit of my strength to not say fuck it and go BANKRUPT! Winter is coming and it's gonna be too cold outside for me to live without a roof over my head so the setlist threads it is, for now.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,488
    had the blues as well....but even more now that I read the setlist from last nights show :(
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    redstuff76 wrote:
    I wanted to run full speed into a wall after seeing tonights set list in MA!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!

This made me laugh.. couldn't have described it better! I've never followed setlists before in my life, yet, here I am, watching, waiting, and cringing at what I'm missing... Pearl Jam, one show in and look what you've done to me!!!
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,891
    I always get post tour depression and I fully expect to get it again the weekend after Hartford
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    I always get post tour depression and I fully expect to get it again the weekend after Hartford

You've been to a lot of shows (compared to my one, anyway, lol).. what's your cure for post-show depression?? Time? Distraction? Forum threads? Lol!

Still going crazy here..
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,891
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

You've been to a lot of shows (compared to my one, anyway, lol).. what's your cure for post-show depression?? Time? Distraction? Forum threads? Lol!

Still going crazy here..

It helps once the bootlegs of the show(s) come out

Checking out setlists threads is fun but you may get insanely jealous :lol:

Besides that, drink plenty of liquids and exercise frequently :lol:
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Apparently retail therapy works.. just bought LB Vinyl, a 2012 Bootleg, t-shirt and feel great! For now anyway, haha ;)
  • Options
    nevmilesnevmiles Ottawa, ON Posts: 1,363
    A bit, yeah . . . my high lasted all day Sunday though but then quickly came to a thudding stop when it was back to the grind..... it takes months of getting pumped, planning listening to boots etc. and then BAM! The show is over and I, being from Canada, usually have to wait another 2 to 3 years before I see them again :)
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • Options
    LauriLauri Posts: 748
    Yeah I definitely feel weird today, like, really, this is my job? this is my reality? just a few hours ago I was immersed in incredible, inspiring music, dancing and singing with thousands of cool people, without a care in the world, and now you want me to listen to 30 annoying voice mails and pay bills and get the car fixed and clean the f'ing bathroom?
  • Options
    btcs41btcs41 Posts: 26
    I absolutely get this after a show/tour. I was at Worcester night 1 and drove back to Philly the next day. Completely bummed, but grateful for night 1 and the two Philly shows upcoming. Next Wednesday is gonna be awful.

On a related note...I had a panic attack on the way to MA. Who are we going to travel to see once PJ (and for me, DMB) is done touring...for good! :o
  • Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    Last night was my first show. Sat stage side to Guitar God Mike McCready. It felt like an out of body experience. I had a 3 hour drive back home, and I might have shed a few tears because it actually hit me that it DID happen. Got home at 3, and couldn't get to sleep until 5 this morning. I'm a little sad because I'll never have another first show, but I have Brooklyn 1 & 2 to look forward to! (Unfortunately in the 200's both nights, but I'm still excited to be in the building.)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2