Options

Pearl Jam WEEK on Jimmy Fallon

123457»

Comments

• Options
    I watched it too (many times now) and it seems like someone may have tried to keep Ed from voicing his opinions, but, Ed would not allow an opportunity to pass to insert "A Lesson of Ed"

I like the second stage performance better, the sound was better and they all seemed to be comfortable...including Eddie.

I am not sure the "ham" was actually a pig....as I keep watching it, I am thinking that the "ham" may have been a drunk Javier! LOL Javier was just hamming it up for the crowd..??
    Nelluc and Kcalb
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,077
    Really? Ed can't mention ham without being scrutinized? Wow, just wow. People are way to fucking sensitive.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    Riot_Mac wrote:
    SALLYROO wrote:

As someone who doesn't eat meat, I too winced a bit at the ham remark...but then I thought it's an on the spot interview, he's being gracious about Bardem's generosity ie bringing wine and food to an event, from his country/region. EV never said he himself consumed it - if that makes you feel better :) Perhaps it was local, organic ham, and not the factory farmed meat EV has spoken out about? But I do like the remark that we can't put him on a mile high pedestal. So true. You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you do that with any public figure you admire. It was a very entertaining interview. And I really loved how the title track sounded. When I heard it live at the Buffalo show, Stone's guitar wasn't loud enough for me (where he comes in near the end of the song) but it was perfect on this taping. Love this album so much.

I winced a little too. I don't eat meat either. Is Ed a vegan? I thought I read some where that he was?
    Really? He didn't EAT ham. All he did was say the word because a friend of his brought a ham. Come on guys! It's really unfair to have any judgement about that. Poor man can't even utter the word "meat" in the course of normal.conversation without being criticized? Christ, no wonder he's talking about a sabbatical. (I realize you're both trying to go easy on him... I'm just reacting generally to the fact that this was even mentioned at all).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Riot_MacRiot_Mac Posts: 473
    I wasn't critiquing Ed. I think he was great on Fallon. He can say whatever he wants. I know he just telling a story.
    "hear my name, take a good look, this could be the day."
  • Options
    direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Wow, some of you people are seriously out to lunch with your bizarre, psycho-fan critiques of Eddie. Have you ever kissed a girl?

(William Shatner- SNL. Sorry, couldn't resist.)
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    actonplp wrote:
    I thought Eddie’s interview was awesome because it was more like some pals shooting the shit together and having fun, than the planned topic interviews I've seen before that never give you much of a sense of who Eddie is as a person. He’s a funny guy and that Balls In Your Mouth clip was priceless!

Agreed!

what the hell did javier bardem say to the crowd? :lol:
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    actonplp wrote:
    I thought Eddie’s interview was awesome because it was more like some pals shooting the shit together and having fun, than the planned topic interviews I've seen before that never give you much of a sense of who Eddie is as a person. He’s a funny guy and that Balls In Your Mouth clip was priceless!

Agreed!

I dunno, but I went and saw The Counselor last night, and he was so good in it!! I love that guy!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    actonplp wrote:

Agreed!

Someone look up the bootleg!
  • Options
    I really like Jimmy Fallon but I think if he is as big a fan as he said he is he would have known what the band thinks about winning a Grammy Award. That's why Ed told him he could put his balls in the one that he got for his(Jimmy's) album. That was the best part of Ed's appearance on the couch. :lol:
    As for the covers, Chris Cornell's was by far the best of the three. It's too bad it wasn't broadcast on Monday AND Tuesday. :mrgreen:
    All above material copyrighted, 2013, Lukin639.
    All rights reserved..most rights reserved...no rights reserved...,2013.
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    bazzer wrote:

pleeaaassssseee!!!
    translate it too, because it's in spanish.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    Lukin639 wrote:
    I really like Jimmy Fallon but I think if he is as big a fan as he said he is he would have known what the band thinks about winning a Grammy Award. That's why Ed told him he could put his balls in the one that he got for his(Jimmy's) album. That was the best part of Ed's appearance on the couch. :lol:
    As for the covers, Chris Cornell's was by far the best of the three. It's too bad it wasn't broadcast on Monday AND Tuesday. :mrgreen:
    I'm sure he does know what the band thinks of Grammies, which is why he pulled it out... the whole thing was a joke. That's how I took it, anyway. I agree that Chris Cornell was by far the best cover. I actually thought that the other two pretty much sucked.
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    bazzer wrote:
    pleeaaassssseee!!!
    translate it too, because it's in spanish.
    I guess it's from 06/09/07 – Festimad, Madrid, Spain? Unfortunately, I don't speak spanish so I'll leave it for someone else to translate.
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Lukin639 wrote:
    I'm sure he does know what the band thinks of Grammies, which is why he pulled it out... the whole thing was a joke. That's how I took it, anyway. I agree that Chris Cornell was by far the best cover. I actually thought that the other two pretty much sucked.

The only one I really liked was Corduroy.....not a Cornell fan...but his cover of Footsteps just was boring to me...Oh well...at least PJ nailed it with Lightning Bolt! 8-)
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Lukin639 wrote:

The only one I really liked was Corduroy.....not a Cornell fan...but his cover of Footsteps just was boring to me...Oh well...at least PJ nailed it with Lightning Bolt! 8-)
    Yeah, you're right about CC being a bit boring (didn't help that he had his eyes closed half the time), but at least he sounded good and had some emotion. I thought the other two sounded like limp noodles. They took every ounce of feeling out of the songs IMHO, or at least were so lacking in the power required that that's how it came off (I'm sure they were actually trying with some emotion.... but failed in putting it across well). Plus, i just don't think they sounded good musically or vocally. But yeah, LB was awesome! :)
  • Options
    Anyone know if the D/J on Ed's guitar was for Don James?
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Backstage pictures from photographer Lloyd Bishop:

With Danny Clinch: http://lloydbishop.tumblr.com/image/65072485823
    With Javier Bardem: http://lloydbishop.tumblr.com/image/65392266362
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Fallon is OK but christ man, learn when to shut the fuck up and let the guest finish a fucking sentence. That Norton interview was tough to watch.
  • Options
    mrpink90mrpink90 Posts: 415
    Suziemay wrote:

danny clinch rockin a bruce born to run tshirt which eddie looks very happy about
  • Options
    mrpink90mrpink90 Posts: 415
    mrpink90 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

danny clinch rockin a bruce born to run tshirt which eddie looks very happy about

duh, eddie is doing the born to run album cover pose!
  • Options
    CornishManCornishMan Cornwall, UK Posts: 442
    Loved the performance of Lightning Bolt on this show... but just left me continuing to wonder why they faded out the epic solo at the end of the song on the record???!!
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022.
  • Options
    october22 wrote:
    Fallon is OK but christ man, learn when to shut the fuck up and let the guest finish a fucking sentence. That Norton interview was tough to watch.
    Agreed... he seemed too amped up because of Pearl Jam, lol.
  • Options
    PJ212PJ212 Posts: 811
    Remember that time I thought Dierks Bentley was the country guy from The Voice? Such a weird mixture of confusion and relief when I saw whom Mike was actually playing with on Fallon.
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Judd Apatow should have told the top secret actor that he had lunch with......uh hey man.... you have a bat in your cave. :lol:
    All above material copyrighted, 2013, Lukin639.
    All rights reserved..most rights reserved...no rights reserved...,2013.
  • Options
    I'm so proud of our guys. That totally killed it on Fallon. Someone on here mentioned Stone's part near the end of LB. I hadn't noticed it before either, but it is dynamite. Every member of this band is immensely talented, and I'm very fortunate that this is the band that rocks my world. :)
  • Options
    nanenane Seattle, WA Posts: 64
    Are the chords of "Balls in Your Mouth" only G / C / D?
    hahahaha
    Nane Barbosa-Meirndorf

2005, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)
    2011, São Paulo (BRA)
    2011, São Paulo (BRA)
    2011, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)
    2013, São Paulo (BRA)
    2013, Buenos Aires (ARG)
    2013, Santiago (CHL)
    2014, Rio de Janeiro (BRA) - EV
    2015, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)
    2018, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)
    2018, São Paulo (BRA)
    2018, São Paulo (BRA) - EV
  • Options
    nanenane Seattle, WA Posts: 64
    Nane Barbosa-Meirndorf

2005, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)
    2011, São Paulo (BRA)
    2011, São Paulo (BRA)
    2011, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)
    2013, São Paulo (BRA)
    2013, Buenos Aires (ARG)
    2013, Santiago (CHL)
    2015, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)
    2018, Rio de Janeiro (BRA)
    2018, São Paulo (BRA)
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    JO158463 wrote:
    Anyone know if the D/J on Ed's guitar was for Don James?

Nope, it wasn't for Don James.
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com