Options

Pearl Jam WEEK on Jimmy Fallon

Comments

• Options
    This is... going... to be... dope! Thanks for the heads up!
  • Options
    tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611
    Was this the TV announcement that was mentioned in the October newsletter? This is fucking great! :D:D
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • Options
    LoveBoatCaptainDaveLoveBoatCaptainDave san antonio,tx Posts: 461
    cant wait for that week to get here!
    san antonio tx 2003
    austin tx 2009
    EV san antonio tx 2011
    dallas tx 2013
    austin tx 2014
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    Any chance Jimmy Fallon joins them as Neil Young and they all play a "Sugar Mountain"-cover or something with a straight face? :)

:lol:

Only even better if half way through the number Neil comes onto the stage and takes the guitar away from Fallon and he and PJ segue into "F*ckin' Up".
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    My DVR will be set for all five nights!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    i think i rememebr that show from back at 2011 :P
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Absolutely looking forward to this. DVR is set. Robin Pecknold doing PJ sounds great to me. Also can't wait to hear the Roots play some PJ. Greatest rap band ever covering the greatest rock band ever, sign me up!
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options
    So are we thinking that they won't actually be there at all live? They can't be performing on the 25th - they are in CT. But I was assuming they'd tape a double show on Thursday the 24th. Is it more likely that this has already been taped though?? :?
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,077
    This is awesome! All the buzz around LB is fucking great! Loving all the promotion and excitement!!
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    H.Chinaski wrote:
    What?! Cornell covering footsteps that's gonna be so rad!!
    This is actually what I'm looking forward to the most. And hoping Pearl Jam does Times of Trouble. Those two things happening would totally blow my mind.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    This is gonna be UNREAL!! Too excited.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    H.Chinaski wrote:
    This is actually what I'm looking forward to the most. And hoping Pearl Jam does Times of Trouble. Those two things happening would totally blow my mind.

PJ doing Times of Trouble would blow my mind but my head is telling me we'll be hearing some LB to help promote the album.

• Options
    tcadd94 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    H.Chinaski wrote:

PJ doing Times of Trouble would blow my mind but my head is telling me we'll be hearing some LB to help promote the album.
    Never say never. I mean, I would never have thought for Cornell to do Footsteps, if it was all about Lightning Bolt they would have just had him do something off Lightning Bolt, dontcha think?

I will be keeping my hope alive. And if it doesn't happen, oh well. Cornell doing Footsteps is still pretty mindblowing!
  • Options
    stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    Just read that Dierks Bentley will be playing a song as well - should be good! I know he and Mike have a small bit of history.
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Never say never. I mean, I would never have thought for Cornell to do Footsteps, if it was all about Lightning Bolt they would have just had him do something off Lightning Bolt, dontcha think?

I will be keeping my hope alive. And if it doesn't happen, oh well. Cornell doing Footsteps is still pretty mindblowing!

Truth! Don't let my cynicism bring you down! Cornell doing Footsteps is definitely unexpected and came out of left field. It is Pearl Jam Week not Lightning Bolt Week. No reason to say Times of Trouble won't be played!

• Options
    tcadd94 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

Truth! Don't let my cynicism bring you down! Cornell doing Footsteps is definitely unexpected and came out of left field. It is Pearl Jam Week not Lightning Bolt Week. No reason to say Times of Trouble won't be played!
    Wow, that's brilliant. The hope tank just got replenished :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    StinkfootStinkfoot Posts: 546
    For those in the UK that might not know, Jimmy Fallon is on CNBC at 11pm. (Sky channel 505)

It's a day behind The US.
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
  • Options
    CornishManCornishMan Cornwall, UK Posts: 442
    Stinkfoot wrote:
    For those in the UK that might not know, Jimmy Fallon is on CNBC at 11pm. (Sky channel 505)

It's a day behind The US.

You beat me to it... I just logged on to post the exact same thing! :D
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022.
  • Options
    SarahMcNadiaSarahMcNadia Ontario / Québec Posts: 195
    "Balls In Your Mouth" was the moment I fell in love with Eddie Vedder.. No lie!
    Another parody performance please!!
    An empty cup in the middle of the sea..
    Buffalo 12-Oct-2013 * Cincinnati 01-Oct-2014 * St. Louis 03-Oct-2014
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,046
    :corn:
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Airs 1235-135 Mon-Fri... I probably can't stay up that late and still make it to work.. :fp:

Someone needs to post links immediately after! :lol:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    FrankieG wrote:
    Airs 1235-135 Mon-Fri... I probably can't stay up that late and still make it to work.. :fp:

Haha, I hear ya buddy. Here's the link to Jimmy Fallon's video section. The performances will be uploaded here: http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com ... =thumbnail

• Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    tcadd94 wrote:
    FrankieG wrote:

Haha, I hear ya buddy. Here's the link to Jimmy Fallon's video section. The performances will be uploaded here: http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com ... =thumbnail
    Thanks for this from me too(hopefully I can get into it here). Looking forward to watching these. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    tcadd94 wrote:
    FrankieG wrote:

I have tried to get into the Jimmy Fallons site to watch previous shows but it says "NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR REGION"

I am in Australia, so if anyone can please put the links on here after they have been played, it would be awesome

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you :clap::clap::clap:
  • Options
    THE LOOKTHE LOOK Posts: 324
    Avett's !!! :D
    Bigfoot is blurry.
    - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    PearlLucyPearlLucy Posts: 492
    tcadd94 wrote:
    FrankieG wrote:

I have tried to get into the Jimmy Fallons site to watch previous shows but it says "NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR REGION"

I am in Australia, so if anyone can please put the links on here after they have been played, it would be awesome

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you :clap::clap::clap:

http://delishows.com/?s=jimmy+fallon <<< it is a pretty decent site with good quality videos, I'm not sure how fast the shows are updated though cause I only watch them over the weekend, anyways...good luck!
  • Options
    billyruffbillyruff Posts: 534
    tv listings for the week

LATE NIGHT WITH JIMMY FALLON, NBC

Mo 10/21: Alec Baldwin, Kevin Connolly, Chris Cornell with the Avett Brothers
    Tu 10/22: Johnny Knoxville, Hailee Steinfeld, Robin Pecknold
    We 10/23: Julie Bowen, Dierks Bentley with Mike McCready and the Roots
    Th 10/24: Javier Bardem, Pearl Jam
    Fr 10/25: Penelope Cruz, Judd Apatow, Pearl Jam

from

http://www.interbridge.com/lineups.html#JF
  • Options
    billyruff wrote:
    tv listings for the week

LATE NIGHT WITH JIMMY FALLON, NBC

Mo 10/21: Alec Baldwin, Kevin Connolly, Chris Cornell with the Avett Brothers
    Tu 10/22: Johnny Knoxville, Hailee Steinfeld, Robin Pecknold
    We 10/23: Julie Bowen, Dierks Bentley with Mike McCready and the Roots
    Th 10/24: Javier Bardem, Pearl Jam
    Fr 10/25: Penelope Cruz, Judd Apatow, Pearl Jam

from

http://www.interbridge.com/lineups.html#JF

This is what detailed and ordered happiness looks and feels like..lol
    Nelluc and Kcalb
  • Options
    mfl
  • Options
    PJ212PJ212 Posts: 811
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1