Options

***Official Toronto 2006 Meet-up Thread***

Comments

• Options
    rideonrideon Posts: 23
    DopeyBoy wrote:
    Yeah, you can definately walk to the loose moose from the ACC or Union Station. The ACC is basically 'attached' to Union Station, so its right there. And the Loose Moose is about a block away. All in all, going from Union Station to the Loose Moose, and then to the ACC is about 10 minutes of total walk time. Definately no need to be taking any sorta transit...fyi, GO transit is basically for people that live in the burbs to get in and out of the city. The TTC gets you around the city.
    Hope this info helps,

Peace
    :-p
    Thank you for this info! Erm I just need to come/go from/to the airport and i guess it is in a suburb, eh?
    ::: chEErs roN :::
    keep on rockin'!
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    THE MOOSE IS DEFINITELY WALKING DISTANCE!!! AND A NICE DRUNKEN WALK AT THAT!!! NOT FOR ME OF COURSE BUT WHATEVER. :D ALL U DO IS WALK OUT THE DOOR, HANG A LEFT, WALK A BLOCK OR TWO, THEN CROSS THE STREET TO THE RIGHT AND GO UNDER THE BRIDGE THING AND BAM!!! YOURE THERE!!!!! AHHHH GOOD TIMES GOOD TIMES.

HAHA, sounds awsome to me, just checked directions with map.google.com and it seems to be really close, GREAT all I need to check is 'how to come from Union Station back to the Pearson airport for a good price at night (24h service?)'
    keep on rockin'!
  • Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    http://www.torontoairportexpress.com/

This is the shuttle people have been referring to.
    It's probably easier than Go Transit.

it runs from 5am to 1am (almost 24 hours....)

safe trip to everyone coming from out of town!
    :D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options

AWSOME, thank you so much! DO you also know which stop is the closest to the ACC or even Union Station?
    keep on rockin'!
  • Options
    DopeyBoyDopeyBoy Posts: 170
    rideon wrote:
    AWSOME, thank you so much! DO you also know which stop is the closest to the ACC or even Union Station?

Get off at the Royal York. Its pretty much right across the street from Union Station, and about a block from the ACC.
    Hope to see you at the Loose Moose!

Peace
    :-p
    "Six million dollars we turned down, to prevent our song to be sung by a cock" E.V. - San Diego, June 5, 2003
  • Options
    squidsquid Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere Posts: 86
    Just curious, How were the 10c seats in 2005 ??
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444

Thanks for the tip......Being the geek that I am, I already know where to get off and get on the bus. I am going to the Jays game on the 11th, and will have to high-tail it to the airport right after!...luckily, the pick-up point isn't far from the stadium.
  • Options
    Krohn wrote:
    More feedback on which to bring for donation would be great! :)

Philly '03
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    K*RockK*Rock Posts: 144
    the benaroya looks cool.. nice to have a visual after listening to the audio so much!
    :)
    ~Karen

Come say HI on myspace - http://www.myspace.com/pearljamkaren
  • Options
    KrohnKrohn Posts: 79
    K*Rock wrote:
    the benaroya looks cool.. nice to have a visual after listening to the audio so much!
    :)

Think I'll bring a Benaroya for each night. It really is a stellar show, and a very good recording.
    www.wishlistfoundation.com
    www.ccfc.ca
    www.ccfa.org
  • Options
    Bumping yet again :)
    www.myspace.com/quietrhythm
    www.quietrhythm.livejournal.com
  • Options
    embraceembrace Posts: 849
    Back on the first page!! Can't wait till May 9th!

Can anyone explain the meaning of "a slightly unsavory location" referring to the location of the Grand Hotel and Suites (Jarvis and Queen streets) it was written in a guide book of the city, but most websites say the city is clean and safe- would it be safe to walk from Air Canada to the Grand after the shows let out??
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Options
    KricketKricket Posts: 707
    embrace wrote:
    Back on the first page!! Can't wait till May 9th!

Can anyone explain the meaning of "a slightly unsavory location" referring to the location of the Grand Hotel and Suites (Jarvis and Queen streets) it was written in a guide book of the city, but most websites say the city is clean and safe- would it be safe to walk from Air Canada to the Grand after the shows let out??
    Well I've stayed at the Grand before and it's really nice, this time we're staying at the Delta Chelsea, it's on Gerrard and are planning on walking back to the hotel. I'm not from Toronto but I've always been fine with walking around that area.
  • Options
    Krohn wrote:
    Think I'll bring a Benaroya for each night. It really is a stellar show, and a very good recording.

WICKED!!!!
    thanks man!!!
    ~Karen

• Options
    Thanks Kricket!
    I looked at the Delta Chelsea (it looks nice!) I made a second reservation at the Novotel thinking it would be fine to walk from the Air Canada after the show...not sure which I am going to cancel at this point.
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

• Options
    embrace wrote:
    Thanks Kricket!
    I looked at the Delta Chelsea (it looks nice!) I made a second reservation at the Novotel thinking it would be fine to walk from the Air Canada after the show...not sure which I am going to cancel at this point.
    I've never heard of the Novotel? But the Grand is really nice!
  • Options
    Kricket wrote:
    I've never heard of the Novotel? But the Grand is really nice!

Novotel is about half a block east of the ACC... a short stumble away... ;)
  • Options
    there are now more tix on TM for anyone looking :)
    bump!
    ~Karen

• Options
    Is the grand stumbling distance?? (because we know that is important!)

• Options
    embrace wrote:
    Is the grand stumbling distance?? (because we know that is important!)
    I wouldn't say it's stumbling distance....looks like the Novotel might be better for yah cause it's so close.
  • Options
    Kricket wrote:
    I wouldn't say it's stumbling distance....looks like the Novotel might be better for yah cause it's so close.

i agree... the Grand is quite a hike....

it falls under the "i can't beleive we walked that far last night!!! - good thing i can't remember most of it" category... ;)
  • Options
    i agree... the Grand is quite a hike....

it falls under the "i can't beleive we walked that far last night!!! - good thing i can't remember most of it" category... ;)
    haha...yah totally..and if your coming from outta town then you don't wanta get lost. We're staying at the Chelsea only cause we have a gift card that we got at Christmas...... cause it's a little bit up the road too.
  • Options
    I am in tears- that's hilarious!

• Options
    the_donthe_don Posts: 512
    anyone happen to be stayin at Sutton Place by any chance? That's where I'll be, doesn't sound like there's other PJ fans stayin there tho..
    2000: Montreal 2003: Toronto 2005: Toronto 2006: Toronto x2 2008: MSG x2, Montreal x2 (EV), Toronto x2 (EV) 2009: Toronto 2010: Buffalo 2011: Detroit (EV), PJ20 x2, Montreal, Toronto x2, Ottawa, Hamilton 2013: London, Buffalo, Brooklyn x2, Philly x2 2014: Detroit 2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x2, Fenway x2 2018: Home Shows x2 2020: L.A. x2, Oakland x2 
    2023: Seattle x2 (EV) 2024: Vancouver x2, Seattle x2 (ISO: 1 N1 Seattle GA)
  • Options
    Kricket are you walking after the shows to the D Chlsea?

• Options
    Gah this fell to page nine!

Bump!!
    www.myspace.com/quietrhythm
    www.quietrhythm.livejournal.com
  • Options
    speaking of Toronto. Edge 102.1 is going to devote an hour to PJ and the new album April 30th at 6pm.
    Its only 2 days before the release so i think thats close enough that I can listen to it now!!
    looking up...wondering if there is anything that you cannot do....
  • Options
    speaking of Toronto. Edge 102.1 is going to devote an hour to PJ and the new album April 30th at 6pm.
    Its only 2 days before the release so i think thats close enough that I can listen to it now!!

Really!?!?!

Where'd you hear this?? Edge 102 I'm assuming, but when?? :):)
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    Really!?!?!

Where'd you hear this?? Edge 102 I'm assuming, but when?? :):)

yesterday on the Edge they were playing commercials all day regarding this.
    So if you've got a chance, listen monday for more details. there is also a HUGE Pearl Jam contest starting on Monday at the edge. It's called the 3hour tour or something like that. What it is, is the winner gets to spend an entire day with Pj while they are in T.O., tickets to both shows May 9 and 10, plus the entire PJ discography!! Bookie annouced this contest yesterday at 4pm.
    And for the PJ hour, all that I know so far it's happening April 30th on the edge at around 6pm.
    Bookie from the edge said next week is Pearl Jam week at the edge.
    I'm looking forward to it!!!
    looking up...wondering if there is anything that you cannot do....
  • Options
    embrace wrote:
    Kricket are you walking after the shows to the D Chlsea?
    Yep.....I plan on walking back, why?