Options

smokin weed

Comments

• Options
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    Do what you want, but when it infringes on the enjoyment of others try stopping. They have just as much a right not to smell that shit as you do to illegally smoke it. Not everyone likes pot, and it is not like you can ignore that stench. Get stoked in the lot, and let people who choose to stay clean be that way and not have to be exposed to your second hand stench. Some people don't think it is cool when Ed refers to Pot either. So get off your victim podium, and don't get upset when people don't like you breaking the law by them, and interefering with their enjoyment. If you can't enojoy PJ wihtout it you got issues bigger than this board can solve.

*standing ovation*
    Founding member of the "Stop the Evacuation and Riot Act Hating!" Club -- Join Now

PJ Top 16 (release order)- Rats, Not For You, Nothingman, Satan's Bed, Immortality, Lukin, U, Breakerfall, Evacuation, Light Years, In The Moonlight, Save You, You Are, Man Of The Hour, Life Wasted, Unemployable
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    some dude in section B14 in a stones shirt walked up to me and told me he was going to get security if we didnt stop smoking and then he actually did. if by small chance your reading this can you tell me why you would ever go so out of your way to try and get me in trouble?
    meh, I can't beleive he had the balls to, but if it was really annoying him I suppose.. Me on the otherhand would like to thank the people sitting right in front of me in Chicago for getting me high off of their second hand smoke. :D
  • Options
    InsaneSoupInsaneSoup Posts: 37
    please rinse the sand out of your vaginas.
    4/16/92...8/20/92...6/19/05...6/20/05...9/24/96...10/5/96...6/14/98...9/18/98...9/19/98...9/4/00...5/3/03...7/1/03...7/12/03...5/30/06...cuz everyone seems to be doin' it....please don't jump off any bridges.
  • Options
    NevermindNevermind Posts: 1,006
    There is no reason not to legalize it with limits. But I have a list of things pot smokers at concerts should do to be corteous.
    1. Blow the smoke up.
    2. Limit your smoking by taking power hits.
    3. If their are kids under 16 around you take a walk and do somewhere else.
    4. Try to hide it the best you can.
    5. Share it with me. Or anyone around you.
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    If someone asks you to stop, just stop. The person didn't narc on you. And if you're gonna narc, try to be cool and ask. PJ fans are cool people.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    Nevermind wrote:
    3. If their are kids under 16 around you take a walk and do somewhere else.
    why should i have to get up in the middle of a pj concert just cause a 16 year old is around me and i wanna smoke pot.most kids have tired pot by then and are smokers.and really how many 16 year olds go see pj
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    HoonHoon Posts: 175
    Yeah, some people just get a pissy attitude because it's illegal, O the smell, O isn't it horrible, O I think so, are you getting sick, I am............

When there are actually people that get sick from it, very very sick. My friend is sensitive to smoke and other fragrances and gets ill for days if exposed. He had to actually wear a mask to his work because they didn't follow the fragrance-free laws that we have here......in Wa.

It's tough because a single concert can very well be the highlight of someones year. We don't want someone to get sick and have their show ruined, we also don't want to insult people by telling them they should be able to enjoy the show with out it, because there is a good chance a smoker will find that ignorant and not even hear the important things you are trying to convey to them.

I think if U's that don't want to smell pot smoke at shows should start a little movement to encourage potsmokers to just eat it. Start a thread about it. "They" will jump in and help with it in no time. This is a great compromise that even the band could endorse!!!

State your case in it in a respectful manner. Tell them to post recipes. Brownies, Muffins. Tell people to get used to making them so they can get the dosage right, cause they can get quite strong.

Maybe someday Pearl Jam fans will be renouned for their pot food skills. Remembered for their treatment of each other, smokeless concerts, the first musical fanbase to take this problem seriously! And solve it.

or we can just not mention the word pot, because it's bad, and the problem will continue on.

Just Eat It!
    If you keep yourself as the final arbiter you will be less susceptible to infection from cultural illusion.
  • Options
    funkdupfunkdup Posts: 228
    get a grip you are at a rock concert
    we don't have to do it
    we just want to
    shmokin' weed
    drinkin' beers
    doin' coke
    i said "yeah!!"
  • Options
    cooldaddycooldaddy Posts: 52
    Hoon wrote:
    Yeah, some people just get a pissy attitude because it's illegal, O the smell, O isn't it horrible, O I think so, are you getting sick, I am............

When there are actually people that get sick from it, very very sick. My friend is sensitive to smoke and other fragrances and gets ill for days if exposed. He had to actually wear a mask to his work because they didn't follow the fragrance-free laws that we have here......in Wa.

It's tough because a single concert can very well be the highlight of someones year. We don't want someone to get sick and have their show ruined, we also don't want to insult people by telling them they should be able to enjoy the show with out it, because there is a good chance a smoker will find that ignorant and not even hear the important things you are trying to convey to them.

I think if U's that don't want to smell pot smoke at shows should start a little movement to encourage potsmokers to just eat it. Start a thread about it. "They" will jump in and help with it in no time. This is a great compromise that even the band could endorse!!!

State your case in it in a respectful manner. Tell them to post recipes. Brownies, Muffins. Tell people to get used to making them so they can get the dosage right, cause they can get quite strong.

Maybe someday Pearl Jam fans will be renouned for their pot food skills. Remembered for their treatment of each other, smokeless concerts, the first musical fanbase to take this problem seriously! And solve it.

or we can just not mention the word pot, because it's bad, and the problem will continue on.

Just Eat It!

You have a wonderful idea. I don't smoke, but did when I was a little younger. I, personally, would totally eat some brownies...actually did at a Neil Young show once and his fucking set ripped...unfortunately, alot of people are just going to attack the idea and pull their "we have the right to smoke, blah, blah, blah bullshit"...don't get me wrong, I have my stances in this life and one of them if for the legalization of marijuana, but another is for the protection of non-smokers. I don't mind having a cigarette outside and going an entire PJ, or any others, set without a smoke...I mean, fuck, it's really not that important...especially the green....that's why there is a lot. The plus for using the lot is...no sneaking it into the show. Now, most get away with it, but what a fucking downer if you get caught....such a downer...whatever...fuck all ya'lls, I'm out.
    Sidewalk, Cigarettes, and Scenes

Pittsburgh 08-25-1998
    Pittsburgh 06-23-2006
  • Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    Complaining about weed at a rock concert is like complaining about nerds at a Star Trek convention.
  • Options
    chipboychipboy Posts: 137
    This thread was running through my mind last night when I had my 11 year old at the show and the people next to us and behind us started smoking pot.
    My son asked "What is that?"
    "Marijuana" I said.
    "Dad! Call it 'pot' it sounds cooler", he said.

He asked me if we should tell security. I told him it is a rock concert and people do crazy things at rock concerts. I told him we could move if it started to bother him but the people around us were as respectful as can be expected and blew the smoke up and only lit up once during the show so he was ok.
  • Options
    silverflowsilverflow Posts: 37
    I live in Brisbane, Australia. In a few days smoking will become illegal anywhere where food or drink is served. So it might be a little hard to get away with smoking weed. Better pack the cookies eh?
  • Options
    The vast majority of people smoking pot at concerts are very respectful of people around them and I have no problem with that...but wow--some of the pot smokers that have posted in this thread sound like the whiney 14 year olds that I teach. Yes, I know it's a rock concert and and there's gonna be pot yaddayaddayadda.. but keep in mind that your smoking does affect others--sometimes in negative ways to the point where they can't enjoy the concert. I know last night at St. Paul II, once Petty came on stage it was like sitting inside of a bong(at least in my section). I started feeling the effects and actually, my friend and I both started feeling like shit because we're not exposed to the stuff much after graduating college. We decided to leave early instead of staying and continuing to feel like shit.

So basically..I don't have a problem with pot at concerts as it's expected and usually doesn't bother me, but some of you need to quit sounding so fucking selfish and realize there are others that don't react well to your extra curricular activity. I'm sort of new to pearl jam fandom, but from what I get the band is about a whole mutual respect thing..right?

I do have to say, there wasn't much pot in the air during the Pearl Jam set in my section...it was the Petty fans who were really smokin it up.
  • Options
    Thats life......the majority of people (drug users or not) respect others. Though there is always the small minority that are assholes. You cant change em, jsut hope you dotn get seated next to em.
  • Options
    lol a minor change to my above commet........

most WEED users respect others.....not drug users....fuckin addicts stole my car lol
  • Options
    NevermindNevermind Posts: 1,006
    why should i have to get up in the middle of a pj concert just cause a 16 year old is around me and i wanna smoke pot.most kids have tired pot by then and are smokers.and really how many 16 year olds go see pj
    Thats why I said under 16. I said because a lot of people use that excuse when they cry about how theyre too big of a pussy to take a hit.
  • Options
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    Do what you want, but when it infringes on the enjoyment of others try stopping. They have just as much a right not to smell that shit as you do to illegally smoke it. Not everyone likes pot, and it is not like you can ignore that stench. Get stoked in the lot, and let people who choose to stay clean be that way and not have to be exposed to your second hand stench. Some people don't think it is cool when Ed refers to Pot either. So get off your victim podium, and don't get upset when people don't like you breaking the law by them, and interefering with their enjoyment. If you can't enojoy PJ wihtout it you got issues bigger than this board can solve.
    Remove the stick from your ass.
    When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross. Sinclair Lewis
  • Options
    Remove the stick from your ass.

I got sick from the amount of weed being smoked around me last night during Tom Petty's set. I would much rather enjoy a concert without getting sick. Should I remove the stick from my ass too? Try to think about someone other than yourself for a minute.
  • Options
    yes
    When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross. Sinclair Lewis
  • Options
    DeeveDeeve Posts: 122
    Noinch, noinch, noinch-smoking weed, smoking weed! Doing coke!Drinking beers!

A pack of wraps, my good man. It's time to kick back, drink some beers, and smoke some weed!
    "Lick the dirt off Olajuwon's feet"
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,278
    I don't have a problem with people smoking pot at concerts but I do feel at times people need to be more aware and respectful of the people around them. One of my biggest problem with cigarette smokers is they at times seem very ignorant and disrespectful of the people around them. They let the smoke go whevever and don't care who it is blowing on. If your going to smoke pot I'd say try and remember that not everyone around you wants the smoke on them and just be respectful of that.
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    well, that's YOUR personal experience. i've been smoking pot for 14 years and i've never wanted to try any of that other shit. it is NOT a gateway drug, anymore than starbucks is a gateway to jack daniels.

"turns into something mental"...WTF????

Yes it turns into something mental...you can't get physically hooked on pot but you can get hooked on it in more of a psychological way. It isn't just my own personal experience its a lot of peoples experience. Pot is a total gateway drug and I stand by that. Just because you haven't tried anything harder sort of makes you an exception to the rule. Ask a hardcore drug addict what he got started on and most likely he is going to say pot.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    chipboychipboy Posts: 137
    culot4 wrote:
    Yes it turns into something mental...you can't get physically hooked on pot but you can get hooked on it in more of a psychological way. It isn't just my own personal experience its a lot of peoples experience. Pot is a total gateway drug and I stand by that. Just because you haven't tried anything harder sort of makes you an exception to the rule. Ask a hardcore drug addict what he got started on and most likely he is going to say pot.

Or beer if you want to take it a step farther.
  • Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    fr3dly wrote:
    the guy, i mean. you know, just a lot of peeps that are brought up thinking it is really not kosher to smoke weed. i am the oldest of six kids, the good son, was all ways told how bad it was, and it really made me think it was. i all ways got uncomfortable around peeps that did it, was very judgemental about them, and was very conservative in my views about it. recently, i have smoked from time to time to see what i really thought about it. and, you know, i've changed my mind about it completely. i don't mind being around it, i don't think it is evil or you are bad b/c you smoke. there are plenty of smokers who are good peeps, responsible peeps who don't harm anyone, and all the smokers i've met in life were all so chilled out and welcoming and just overall really cool. so, i guess, don't stress over it too much, b/c there is all ways gonna be people that are high and mighty in their approach to smokers.

if it was me, i'd have partied and enjoyed a bad ass show with ya.

peace.

Bonus points for excessive use of the word 'peeps' :D

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    culot4 wrote:

No genius. Alcohol is a gateway drug. Out of all the people you speak of that have used weed and progressed to harder drugs, how many of them did not drink?
    I hate the way drinkers (by the way this is not directed at you ((and I'm not taking a swipe)), unless you drink and then it does apply) will criticise weed. Fucking hypocrites.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    Nevermind wrote:
    Thats why I said under 16. I said because a lot of people use that excuse when they cry about how theyre too big of a pussy to take a hit.
    hey look as i was saying that alot of kids have tired it by 16.and yes i would respect the other people around me.the people in front of me at jersey 1 broke out the hash pipe.i was like hey thats cool as long as it doesnt bother me i wont mind.im not some pot smoking asshole if i have some with me i be respectful of other people around me
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    some dude in section B14 in a stones shirt walked up to me and told me he was going to get security if we didnt stop smoking and then he actually did. if by small chance your reading this can you tell me why you would ever go so out of your way to try and get me in trouble?

i would have laughed at this ass clown and lit another :)

if kids are involved i would understand and totally respect it...but if it is all adults around you at a concert i dont see the issue

ps... this guy would HATE to sit next to me at a concert :rolleyes:
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Binaural wrote:
    No genius. Alcohol is a gateway drug. Out of all the people you speak of that have used weed and progressed to harder drugs, how many of them did not drink?
    I hate the way drinkers (by the way this is not directed at you ((and I'm not taking a swipe)), unless you drink and then it does apply) will criticise weed. Fucking hypocrites.

PEACE

I'm talking about the progression of illegal drug use. Alcohol comes with its own set of problems but for all intents and purposes regarding this thread I am not mentioning it because it isn't illegal.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    chipboy wrote:
    This thread was running through my mind last night when I had my 11 year old at the show and the people next to us and behind us started smoking pot.
    My son asked "What is that?"
    "Marijuana" I said.
    "Dad! Call it 'pot' it sounds cooler", he said.

He asked me if we should tell security. I told him it is a rock concert and people do crazy things at rock concerts. I told him we could move if it started to bother him but the people around us were as respectful as can be expected and blew the smoke up and only lit up once during the show so he was ok.

I think we were the one's that you are talking about! Were you in the 23rd row Left side during petty?
    If that was you, we did feel a little strange about smoking next to a kid, but like you said, it was a rock concert. and i don't think those were your original seats anyway : ) that was our justification...hope we didn't offend too much.
    Summerfest 1995
    Charlotte 1996
    Alpine Valley 1998
    San Francisco 2000
    Denver 2003
    St.Paul 2003
    St.Paul #1 2006
    St.Paul #2 2006
  • Options
    skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    edited October 2010
    Post edited by skyeriverwinter on