Options

smokin weed

Comments

• Options
    boroff89 wrote:
    Let me put the reverse spin on this. If you can't enjoy a show, especially a fucking Pearl Jam show, without weed, you are pitiful. Very few things make me more sick than people who go to shows and get trashed and blazed. If you can't get into the music without that, wow, time to look in the mirror. Have you ever thought about how the smoke might affect other people? It makes me sick. Seriously. I feel like I have to yack. My girlfriend is so allergic to the smoke that it interferes with her ability to breath. Marijuana is a narcotic, and it is bad for you. If you want to smoke it in the comfort of your own home, feel free. Just don't smoke the shit around me.
    Dont go to concerts. Maybe you should go and see Ashley Simpson or some other wholesome activity. Its a concert you dick. If someone got security on me they would have more to worry about than smoke.
    When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross. Sinclair Lewis
  • Options
    i can't agree more with the guy who said he doesn't understand why you would do this. do people not realize how rude smoking this stuff is? my gosh. i dont want to smell it or any smoke. i'm tired of going to places that are supposed to be smoke free and then everyone is lighting up (here's looking at you cleveland).

why can't you go and enjoy the show?? what is the freaking point of getting high or trashed? i just don't understand. i mean, in cincy i saw a bunch of folks walking out of the 10c section (to leave) BEFORE PEARL JAM PLAYED, obviously due to being trashed. one dude in particular had spilled a beer all over his shirt and could barely walk.

people suck...and i give a high five to the person who turned you in. they asked first, why not stop?...or just not do it at all?
    Founding member of the "Stop the Evacuation and Riot Act Hating!" Club -- Join Now

PJ Top 16 (release order)- Rats, Not For You, Nothingman, Satan's Bed, Immortality, Lukin, U, Breakerfall, Evacuation, Light Years, In The Moonlight, Save You, You Are, Man Of The Hour, Life Wasted, Unemployable
  • Options
    i can't agree more with the guy who said he doesn't understand why you would do this. do people not realize how rude smoking this stuff is? my gosh. i dont want to smell it or any smoke. i'm tired of going to places that are supposed to be smoke free and then everyone is lighting up (here's looking at you cleveland).

why can't you go and enjoy the show?? what is the freaking point of getting high or trashed? i just don't understand. i mean, in cincy i saw a bunch of folks walking out of the 10c section (to leave) BEFORE PEARL JAM PLAYED, obviously due to being trashed. one dude in particular had spilled a beer all over his shirt and could barely walk.

people suck...and i give a high five to the person who turned you in. they asked first, why not stop?...or just not do it at all?

Yea give that guy a high five. He really got me good. He encouraged me to go get another drink while my friend told security that someone was setting us up. So I came out of the situation with another bacardi and coke. You and your squad of nark's are awesome at what you do. You are defenders of freedom for all pot haters everywhere. You guys are really making a difference at concerts for the good of the people. Cheers to you guys!! (blatent sarcasm in this whole post)
  • Options
    Yea give that guy a high five. He really got me good. He encouraged me to go get another drink while my friend told security that someone was setting us up. So I came out of the situation with another bacardi and coke. You and your squad of nark's are awesome at what you do. You are defenders of freedom for all pot haters everywhere. You guys are really making a difference at concerts for the good of the people. Cheers to you guys!! (blatent sarcasm in this whole post)

why smoke pot at a show? why do you feel entitled to be able to do this and then bitch that people don't like it? it all makes no sense.
    Founding member of the "Stop the Evacuation and Riot Act Hating!" Club -- Join Now

PJ Top 16 (release order)- Rats, Not For You, Nothingman, Satan's Bed, Immortality, Lukin, U, Breakerfall, Evacuation, Light Years, In The Moonlight, Save You, You Are, Man Of The Hour, Life Wasted, Unemployable
  • Options
    pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450
    either way...im cool with it, just dont infringe on my good time
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775

Love it.....funny shit

Once again its time to present the defender of the law abiding PJ citizen hell bent on fucking up my good time

http://www.patandbjday.com/Liam%20the%20Geek%201.jpg
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    Love it.....funny shit

Once again its time to present the defender of the law abiding PJ citizen hell bent on fucking up my good time

http://www.patandbjday.com/Liam%20the%20Geek%201.jpg

and of course it doesn't matter if you fuck up OTHER people's good time.

• Options
    and of course it doesn't matter if you fuck up OTHER people's good time.

Sure it does...we can all have a good time people just need to lighten up and be more tolerant.. Without playing the its illegal card whats the big deal. A little smoke... you get worse walking behind a bus and huffing its exhaust. Its not like I'm smoking for 2 plus hours straight. 3 or 4 times the whole night I may duck down for a few minutes and blow some smoke. I'll blow it up in the air and I'll be as fast as I can about it but you're still going to smell it. I mean why can't some of you just be cool about it? You're so concerned about your health yet you're exposing your ears to extremely loud music and as far as it being illegal, if I get busted its not your problem.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    pearljam0000pearljam0000 Posts: 450
    oh i'll toke
  • Options
    NevermindNevermind Posts: 1,006
    Your problems are that you believe everything the government tell you. The reason its illegal is because its easy to grow and distribute. So that makes the government mad because they cant make money off of it. Its not even close to be as harmful to you as cigarettes or alcohol. even your beloved bible is all for it. No one cant stand the smell. Your heads are so far up your ass you cant see the truth. Have a nice fucking day.
  • Options
    American government is not the issue. The issue is not about legalization which as a pot smoker I am not in favor of. What the hell do you think is going to happen if they ever decide to legalize marijuna...tax it is what. I am in support of it being legal to grow it. Distrubution would still be a crime but if you want to grow pot for personal use I don't see what the big deal is. The problem is how society views marijuna while in itself it is not that harmful. It is technically an illegal drug and if that doesn't scare you away from doing it then when someone puts a rail of coke in front of your face that probably won't scare you away either. The biggest problem with pot is what it could lead to. One you get into the coke and the junk you are losing your grip. Pleny of people smoke pot and are completely functional...its the ones that aren't that give it more of a black eye than it deserves.
  • Options
    lannerslanners Posts: 458
    let me just say that i wouldn't narc on anyone for smoking weed at a show, regardless of how it is affecting me or the people i'm with.

i will, however say, that i do have a sensitivity to weed and not only does it make me wheeze, but even the slightest contact with it gives me a CRAZY buzz (yeah, i know, i know, a lot of you would kill to be that sensitive to it, but the shit really does make me crazy). not to mention my brother's gf gets crazy sick from it, and her friend with Crohn's had to leave a show because exposure to smoke of any kind causes flare-ups. (i'm not sure of the science behind that, but i saw how sick she was, it was sad.)

fact remains, though, that i would never narc on anyone. i will stand at the show with my shirt pulled up around my face and deal with the nasty buzz just so you guys can get lit and enjoy your show.

not all non-smokers are jerks.
    i. am. mine.
  • Options
    lanners wrote:
    let me just say that i wouldn't narc on anyone for smoking weed at a show, regardless of how it is affecting me or the people i'm with.

i will, however say, that i do have a sensitivity to weed and not only does it make me wheeze, but even the slightest contact with it gives me a CRAZY buzz (yeah, i know, i know, a lot of you would kill to be that sensitive to it, but the shit really does make me crazy). not to mention my brother's gf gets crazy sick from it, and her friend with Crohn's had to leave a show because exposure to smoke of any kind causes flare-ups. (i'm not sure of the science behind that, but i saw how sick she was, it was sad.)

fact remains, though, that i would never narc on anyone. i will stand at the show with my shirt pulled up around my face and deal with the nasty buzz just so you guys can get lit and enjoy your show.

not all non-smokers are jerks.

No man it doesn't have to be like that. I don't want to make people physically ill or uncomfortable by smoking. What I don't get is why some of you guys who don't want to be around it ( for a good reason ) don't just ask the person to stop in a nice way before crying to security and generally just being an asshole about it.
  • Options
    NevermindNevermind Posts: 1,006
    culot4 wrote:
    American government is not the issue. The issue is not about legalization which as a pot smoker I am not in favor of. What the hell do you think is going to happen if they ever decide to legalize marijuna...tax it is what. I am in support of it being legal to grow it. Distrubution would still be a crime but if you want to grow pot for personal use I don't see what the big deal is. The problem is how society views marijuna while in itself it is not that harmful. It is technically an illegal drug and if that doesn't scare you away from doing it then when someone puts a rail of coke in front of your face that probably won't scare you away either. The biggest problem with pot is what it could lead to. One you get into the coke and the junk you are losing your grip. Pleny of people smoke pot and are completely functional...its the ones that aren't that give it more of a black eye than it deserves.
    Distribution should be illegal. Especially by major companies. It wouldnt be taxed if its was legal to grow about 5-10 dwarves. Personal use should be legal also. The pot being a gateway drug is bullshit. The people that go on from there is because they find out that its n ot as bad as the government is saying. So they think that if pot isnt bad then the others must not be. I know that from personal experience. Also not many peoples first drug is meth or heroin also. You start off small. Its just like learning how to ride a bike. First you ride the bikes with 4 or 3 wheels. Then you progress.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Just out of curiosity, did you use the word "peeps" before you turned to the dark side? I kid, I kid....

...i'm a lazy fukc somtimes.
  • Options
    Nevermind wrote:
    Distribution should be illegal. Especially by major companies. It wouldnt be taxed if its was legal to grow about 5-10 dwarves. Personal use should be legal also. The pot being a gateway drug is bullshit. The people that go on from there is because they find out that its n ot as bad as the government is saying. So they think that if pot isnt bad then the others must not be. I know that from personal experience. Also not many peoples first drug is meth or heroin also. You start off small. Its just like learning how to ride a bike. First you ride the bikes with 4 or 3 wheels. Then you progress.

I have been fed a lot of drug rhetoric, some of it bullshit... some of it half bullshit, but I truly believe that marijuna is absolutely a gateway drug. People that graduate on to harder drugs do it with the government being the furthest thing from their mind. It turns into something mental. After a while pot only gets you so high and sometimes you're already so high that you make certain choices that because of the pot are easier to make. You said not many peoples first drug is dope or speed...thats exactly my point. Its usually pot....I'm speaking from personal experience as well.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    No man it doesn't have to be like that. I don't want to make people physically ill or uncomfortable by smoking. What I don't get is why some of you guys who don't want to be around it ( for a good reason ) don't just ask the person to stop in a nice way before crying to security and generally just being an asshole about it.

why is this?...because no one cares. i've found there are VERY VERY few considerate smokers (cigs or pot). the 2nd you ask someone to put it out (and i've done this very politely more than my fair share of times) about 90% of the time you get a serious attitude in response.

you have to realize that to many non-smokers we dont EVER want to smell it or anything, but we know if we say something, there will be a big attitude back or people giving us shit or whatever (note the attitude of a lot of people...including yourself in this thread). so that's why it's easier to get security in the first place (which i must say i've never done, even though i've thought about it).

i just don't understand why everyone has to feel entitled to do this and have such an attitude. have some respect for other people folks.

• Options
    why is this?...because no one cares. i've found there are VERY VERY few considerate smokers (cigs or pot). the 2nd you ask someone to put it out (and i've done this very politely more than my fair share of times) about 90% of the time you get a serious attitude in response.

you have to realize that to many non-smokers we dont EVER want to smell it or anything, but we know if we say something, there will be a big attitude back or people giving us shit or whatever (note the attitude of a lot of people...including yourself in this thread). so that's why it's easier to get security in the first place (which i must say i've never done, even though i've thought about it).

Yeah dude I hear you...all I can say is that not all smokers act like that. If someone had a major problem with me smoking and confonted me in a cool way ( and I completely stress in a cool way ) it wouldn't be a big deal. I figure I'll get one good smoke in at the beginning of the show before you even notice it and realizes it bothers you and then I'll make other arrangements from there. Its pretty easy to sneak one hitters with a lookout. I usually have really nice buds for PJ so its not like you have to smoke a whole lot anyway.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    Yeah dude I hear you...all I can say is that not all smokers act like that. If someone had a major problem with me smoking and confonted me in a cool way ( and I completely stress in a cool way ) it wouldn't be a big deal. I figure I'll get one good smoke in at the beginning of the show before you even notice it and realizes it bothers you and then I'll make other arrangements from there. Its pretty easy to sneak one hitters with a lookout. I usually have really nice buds for PJ so its not like you have to smoke a whole lot anyway.

i'm really not trying to be an ass saying this, but look at your attitude in some of the earlier posts you made. THAT is what normally comes across to most non-smokers. not all smokers are like that, but MOST are. plus that whole attitude of like "i'll just get one in" is part of the problem too. again, i dont understand the entitlement attitude about it. i mean, most of the places pj plays are supposed to be smoke free, so why does everyone act like they should be allowed to do this. again, i dont get it. if i go to a club to see a show, unfortunatly i know and expect to breathe smoke all night (and dont complain about it), but when i go to somewhere that is supposed to be smoke free, i shouldnt have to. why not just understand the rules of the arena and enjoy the show sober...not to mention show respect to people around you?

• Options
    i'm really not trying to be an ass saying this, but look at your attitude in some of the earlier posts you made. THAT is what normally comes across to most non-smokers. not all smokers are like that, but MOST are. plus that whole attitude of like "i'll just get one in" is part of the problem too. again, i dont understand the entitlement attitude about it. i mean, most of the places pj plays are supposed to be smoke free, so why does everyone act like they should be allowed to do this. again, i dont get it. if i go to a club to see a show, unfortunatly i know and expect to breathe smoke all night (and dont complain about it), but when i go to somewhere that is supposed to be smoke free, i shouldnt have to. why not just understand the rules of the arena and enjoy the show sober...not to mention show respect to people around you?

Now you went too far. Whoever said I thought I was entitled to smoke pot? I smoke it because I want to but at the same time I know I shouldn't be doing it. I don't care about the rules of the arena simply put. The only people that are going to notice are you....my fellow fan. Not so much a friend as an enemy is the real fucked up thing about it.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    Now you went too far. Whoever said I thought I was entitled to smoke pot? I smoke it because I want to but at the same time I know I shouldn't be doing it. I don't care about the rules of the arena simply put. The only people that are going to notice are you....my fellow fan. Not so much a friend as an enemy is the real fucked up thing about it.

everyone here is saying they are entitled. you say that by making the statement about lighting one up "before i notice it bothers me". that's what this whole thread is about, this entitlement attitude. you also say it by making the "i dont care about the rules of the arena" statement as well. that's the problem with all this is that sort of attitude. if that isnt an entitlement type of attitude, what is? i dont get why people are being portrayed as assholes on here for expecting something that they are entitled to (an arena with a smoking ban actually being smoke free). now...that stated, if the show in question wasn't at a smoke free facility (which are few and far between on these tours), then my whole arguement is reversed. if you are smoking where you are allowed to smoke...then no one should be calling you out...i'll agree with that thinking.

• Options
    HoonHoon Posts: 175
    So have you guys figured out a compromise yet?

This is going on nine pages?

Working towards something?

Or are you just pushing eachother towards farther division ?

Make a list: Ten most considerate ways to smoke pot at a concert?

If it was legal it would not have to be hid and smoked in the crowd. We could go to a "smoking garden". See, it's wrongfully illegal so asking people around you if they mind may not be an option.....but the last thing you want is some narc yelling weeed weeed weeed! right when you starting to get high.
    If you keep yourself as the final arbiter you will be less susceptible to infection from cultural illusion.
  • Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    Hoon wrote:

If it was legal it would not have to be hid and smoked in the crowd. We could go to a "smoking garden". See, it's wrongfully illegal so asking people around you if they mind may not be an option.....but the last thing you want is some narc yelling weeed weeed weeed! right when you starting to get high.

good point - try to get high in private,
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options

If you keep yourself as the final arbiter you will be less susceptible to infection from cultural illusion.
  • Options
    Hoon wrote:

you actually do make a legit point as far as it being illegal (i'm all for ending the drug war). at the same time, i'm not sure i can make a list of considerate ways. if so, the number one thing would simply be: don't smoke (pot or otherwise) in a smoke free facility...if you do, you should expect to piss people off, that's a pretty simple one.

• Options
    I don't understand why smokers let their tolerance get so high? If smokers worked on that there would be an undetectable amount of smoke at shows.

For better health and because I'm cheap, if I don't just eat it, I keep it to one or two small hits. About as much smoke you may inhale waiting for the bus downtown, possibly less. I smoke often and it always stays enjoyable. I never feel like I need more. It's a dosage and you can work to balance it out with your body.
  • Options
    you actually do make a legit point as far as it being illegal (i'm all for ending the drug war). at the same time, i'm not sure i can make a list of considerate ways. if so, the number one thing would simply be: don't smoke (pot or otherwise) in a smoke free facility...if you do, you should expect to piss people off, that's a pretty simple one.

Yeah, I'm a big supporter of the smoke free bars here in Wa.

If people are in ga grass seats, they could try to go near the fence, if possible.
  • Options
    Hoon wrote:
    I don't understand why smokers let their tolerance get so high? If smokers worked on that there would be an undetectable amount of smoke at shows.

For better health and because I'm cheap, if I don't just eat it, I keep it to one or two small hits. About as much smoke you may inhale waiting for the bus downtown, possibly less. I smoke often and it always stays enjoyable. I never feel like I need more. It's a dosage and you can work to balance it out with your body.

How many of U's wear gasssmasks or dustmasks in the city? Good thing the Gorge isn't in one, I hate to see all U's walking around looking like this:

http://www.jsrdirect.com/images/pjm112f.jpg
  • Options
    Hoon wrote:
    Yeah, I'm a big supporter of the smoke free bars here in Wa.

If people are in ga grass seats, they could try to go near the fence, if possible.

see, that's pretty simple isn't it? i mean, i look forward to going to any show that is in a smoke free building (thank you columbus ohio for your smoking bad), so why is it bad that people are pissed when you smoke in a place like this. personally, i could care less if you are smoking weed or cigs or anything...it's just the fact you are smoking that pisses me off and i have every right to be upset in a situation like that.

again i ask, why do people feel they are entitled to do this and why are the people who are upset that you are smoking viewed as the bad guy??

• Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,879
    Do what you want, but when it infringes on the enjoyment of others try stopping. They have just as much a right not to smell that shit as you do to illegally smoke it. Not everyone likes pot, and it is not like you can ignore that stench. Get stoked in the lot, and let people who choose to stay clean be that way and not have to be exposed to your second hand stench. Some people don't think it is cool when Ed refers to Pot either. So get off your victim podium, and don't get upset when people don't like you breaking the law by them, and interefering with their enjoyment. If you can't enjoy PJ wihtout it you got issues bigger than this board can solve.

For the record after reading this I went to MilwuakeeI/II lots of Pot, and at least they were blowing up.