Options

smokin weed

Comments

• Options
    rawpixelsrawpixels Posts: 912
    oppie1 wrote:
    see.. i'm the exact opposite of you... here in PA they're trying to sign a bill to ban smoking in public bars.. and i'm all for it.. theres nothing i hate more then trying to eat a meal while smelling your disgusting habit...

It doesn't matter whether or not you like the smell of smoke while you're eating, drinking, etc. The issue is that the government should not have the right to force private business owners to ban smoking... a legal product, inside their restaurants/bars. If smoking results in a slow down in someone's business, that business owner would probably ban smoking on his/her own. Let the market decide this, not politicians.
    One man stands alone awaiting
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
    I don't know, man...I've smelt some pretty awful weed before and it rivals some pretty bad B.O.

well that's true, so I think the rule should be that if you smoke, only smoke the best stuff so one can avoid the bad smell issues.

If someone is smoking the bad stuff, then call security, otherwise, leave em alone.
  • Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    This thread reminded me of my experience at the Boston 2 show last month. I was about to spark a bowl with a friend but we were kind of sketched out by this middle-aged couple next to us. So we asked them if it was cool - and not only were they cool, the guy practically begged me to share with him. The guy was 20 years older than us, but we was ripping the bowl and gave me a fist-pound after every hit. We high fived when they played Leash.

I guess the point is, some people are just pot smokers. Usually they're chill, and they're a lot less likely to bother you or start a fight than someone who's drunk of their ass.
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    A bowl? Wow. That's actually really ballsy :)
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    I'd rather be next to people getting high than really drunk people........ the only problem i've ever had with people smokin weed was when the wife and I took our 11 year old daughter to see Dave Matthews (I had no choice) this guy just would not stop........ and my kid was telling me the skunk smell was giving her a headache........personally i thought it was the DMB that was causing the headache, but I had to ask the guy to relax with the weed for a while........ if i'm without the kid.........blaze on!!!!
    "Drumming is my madness" - Ringo Starr
  • Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    I think it can be more discreet than having a fatty joint that's constantly smoking. But there is the issue of getting into the arena if they're frisking people, and you can't really pretend it's a cigarette.
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • Options
    merlin401 wrote:
    Nooo, if you're going to literally rat out someone smoking weed at a rock concert, you should NOT wear a stones shirt

Thats like yelling at someone for looking sloppy in ripped jeans and flannel while wearing a PJ shirt... its just not right
    yeah but i dont think that's hypocritical..

now it's ironic as hell, and sleezy...
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    oppie1 wrote:
    see.. i'm the exact opposite of you... here in PA they're trying to sign a bill to ban smoking in public bars.. and i'm all for it.. theres nothing i hate more then trying to eat a meal while smelling your disgusting habit...
    i'm totally pro-smoke-whatever-you-want-it's-a-free-country...

but i think that not allowing it in a public place like a restuarant or bar is perfectly fair.

I'd insist on it as a matter of fact.

outside or private is no bother to anyone though,.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    NevermindNevermind Posts: 1,006
    shawnb199 wrote:
    This post is the height of irony. Opium comes from a plant, too, so I guess it's not a narcotic?

As for this whole debate, it's inherently stupid. Would you criticize somebody that had a 10 year old kid with them and asked you to stop? In the end, it's illegal, and so long as it's illegal, it's not unreasonable for people to ask you to stop doing it when it's impacting them negatively. This guy wasn't an outlier, there are plenty of people who don't enjoy people smoking pot around them, he just had the balls to say something.

I'm as libertarian as they come, but that basically means people should be able to do whatever they want, as long as it isn't negatively impacting somebody else. "My freedom to swing my fist ends where another man's jaw begins."
    I dont think anyone who had to rat out people had 10 year olds with them. He had the balls to be an asshole. All he was doing was starting shit. Oh, and by the way Opium Is physically addictive and pot is not. Opium has to be mixed with chemicals just like any other narcotic. Weed has no added chemicals.
  • Options
    merlin401merlin401 Posts: 216
    but i think that not allowing it in a public place like a restuarant or bar is perfectly fair.
    I'm not a smoker but how does this make sense? If a restuarant allowed smoking, and no one would go because it was so distasteful, they would ban it on their own.

As far as bars... bars and smoking are perfect together. I haven't gone to a bar since they banned smoking; it will just be missing an important atmospheric piece that makes the experience unique and fun
    Jones Beach II (2000), Holmdel (2003), Camden 1, East Rutherford II, Gorge I, Gorge II (2006), MSG I, Boston II (2008), Spectrum II, Spectrum III, Spectrum IV (2009), MSG I, MSG II (2010), Prague (2012), Philly I (2013), Philly I, Philly II, Fenway I (2016), Fenway I (2018), MSG (2022)
  • Options
    Nevermind wrote:
    Weed has no added chemicals.
    In theory. :)
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    merlin401 wrote:
    it will just be missing an important atmospheric piece that makes the experience unique and fun
    How is it fun to come home from a night out smelling like an ashtray? Though I agree that bars shouldn't be part of the law, I celebrated the day FL banned smoking in restaurants. And I pray for the day it finally passes in PA now that I live here. It's disgusting and interferes with my meal.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    merlin401merlin401 Posts: 216
    13PJ13 wrote:
    How is it fun to come home from a night out smelling like an ashtray? Though I agree that bars shouldn't be part of the law, I celebrated the day FL banned smoking in restaurants. And I pray for the day it finally passes in PA now that I live here. It's disgusting and interferes with my meal.
    well i was talking about bars there...

No, i dont like going to a restuarant and smelling smoke at all... but in that case, I would go to a place that IS non-smoking. Why can't the smokers have some restuarants as well?
    Jones Beach II (2000), Holmdel (2003), Camden 1, East Rutherford II, Gorge I, Gorge II (2006), MSG I, Boston II (2008), Spectrum II, Spectrum III, Spectrum IV (2009), MSG I, MSG II (2010), Prague (2012), Philly I (2013), Philly I, Philly II, Fenway I (2016), Fenway I (2018), MSG (2022)
  • Options
    I do remember the other thread, and this probably was that guy..no joke. I was thinking of the thread while i was smoking and being 6 foot 6 taking a hit and looking straight up and blowing it in the air to avoid annoying the people next to me couldn't possibly annoy anybody who is sitting 5 seats down from me to miss a song to go be a snitch.

And as for the straight edge come back that comes up everytime weed is mentioned its not like I would have had withdrawls and been miserable if I didnt get to smoke a joint during the concert. But hearing the opening notes to I Got Shit and lighting up a joint of some fresh california buds is quite a rush, and I live for rushes.

I should have told that fucker that his breath smelled like hot garbage and to back the fuck up out of my face...but I WAS JUST TRYING TO ENJOY THE SHOW!

Lastly the fact that Vedder asked the crowd for a joint and a lighter really makes me happy. Ironically I saw the same guy go try and get Vedder kicked out but security looked quite puzzled...bitch

--ciggarette smoke lingers about 10000 times more on clothes then weed
  • Options
    13PJ13 wrote:
    In theory. :)
    Only laced weed. Which can be a lot of fun. I like crushing vikidin and sprinking on top of weed.
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
    I'd rather be next to people getting high than really drunk people........ the only problem i've ever had with people smokin weed was when the wife and I took our 11 year old daughter to see Dave Matthews (I had no choice) this guy just would not stop........ and my kid was telling me the skunk smell was giving her a headache........personally i thought it was the DMB that was causing the headache, but I had to ask the guy to relax with the weed for a while........ if i'm without the kid.........blaze on!!!!

If I was next to a kid at a concert I'd for sure not smoke, I'd probably just run some place to take my puffs then return to my place.
  • Options
    MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    boroff89 wrote:
    Let me put the reverse spin on this. If you can't enjoy a show, especially a fucking Pearl Jam show, without weed, you are pitiful. Very few things make me more sick than people who go to shows and get trashed and blazed. If you can't get into the music without that, wow, time to look in the mirror. Have you ever thought about how the smoke might affect other people? It makes me sick. Seriously. I feel like I have to yack. My girlfriend is so allergic to the smoke that it interferes with her ability to breath. Marijuana is a narcotic, and it is bad for you. If you want to smoke it in the comfort of your own home, feel free. Just don't smoke the shit around me.

:rolleyes: next time give us the self righteous soap box warning k?
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    Nevermind wrote:
    Only laced weed. Which can be a lot of fun. I like crushing vikidin and sprinking on top of weed.

how about a chewy? ;)
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    faceinthecloudsfaceintheclouds Posts: 1,739
    my post would have said...................
    im gonna beat you to the point of no return, your gonna cry and regret fuckin wit me"
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    how about a chewy? ;)
    Chewy? Not much on slang. Pot and Coke is good toghether.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    personally, i dont care, ive done it in the past. But the fact is it's illegal, and some people hate it. You cant argue with that...

all4
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    What a fucking prick. I PROMISE you, if you do that to me, because I will be smoking at every show, I will take off me shoe, and beat the fuck out of you until you fucking sit the fuck down.....fucking prick.....How dare you wear a Stone shirt. I'll steal your fucking shirt too.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:
    What a fucking prick. I PROMISE you, if you do that to me, because I will be smoking at every show, I will take off me shoe, and beat the fuck out of you until you fucking sit the fuck down.....fucking prick.....How dare you wear a Stone shirt. I'll steal your fucking shirt too.

I'm right there with ya, but i think the guy was wearing a rolling stones shirt, not a stone shirt.
    OBAMA BABY
  • Options
    jammerfalljammerfall Posts: 908
    Plain and simple, it's VERY BAD to smoke weed at a PJ show.

Unless you share! ;)
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
  • Options
    jammerfall wrote:
    Plain and simple, it's VERY BAD to smoke weed at a PJ show.

Unless you share! ;)

WORD!!!!!!
    OBAMA BABY
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    weed is for wussies heroin is the way to go
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    weed is for wussies heroin is the way to go

yeah then an eight ball chaser to the dome! FUCK YEAH!
  • Options
    I heard guys who use heroin are compansating for a small unit...;)
    OBAMA BABY
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    I heard guys who use heroin are compansating for a small unit...;)
    its not small at all. its rather big
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    It's a fucking rock and roll concert, you should expect that magical scent.

Why does it seem that the majority people have decided to suck these days?
    Good point and Good question!
    Rapid City 98