Options

smokin weed

edited July 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
some dude in section B14 in a stones shirt walked up to me and told me he was going to get security if we didnt stop smoking and then he actually did. if by small chance your reading this can you tell me why you would ever go so out of your way to try and get me in trouble?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    InsaneSoupInsaneSoup Posts: 37
    some dude in section B14 in a stones shirt walked up to me and told me he was going to get security if we didnt stop smoking and then he actually did. if by small chance your reading this can you tell me why you would ever go so out of your way to try and get me in trouble?

What a DICK! I hope you didn't get in too much trouble (I.E. arrested) or even thrown out. Some people suck big donkey balls. Karma will bite him in the ass, tho.
    4/16/92...8/20/92...6/19/05...6/20/05...9/24/96...10/5/96...6/14/98...9/18/98...9/19/98...9/4/00...5/3/03...7/1/03...7/12/03...5/30/06...cuz everyone seems to be doin' it....please don't jump off any bridges.
  • Options
    KricketKricket Posts: 707
    WHAT?!?! And he was wearing a Stones tee!!! Geez what a JERK!
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    the guy, i mean. you know, just a lot of peeps that are brought up thinking it is really not kosher to smoke weed. i am the oldest of six kids, the good son, was all ways told how bad it was, and it really made me think it was. i all ways got uncomfortable around peeps that did it, was very judgemental about them, and was very conservative in my views about it. recently, i have smoked from time to time to see what i really thought about it. and, you know, i've changed my mind about it completely. i don't mind being around it, i don't think it is evil or you are bad b/c you smoke. there are plenty of smokers who are good peeps, responsible peeps who don't harm anyone, and all the smokers i've met in life were all so chilled out and welcoming and just overall really cool. so, i guess, don't stress over it too much, b/c there is all ways gonna be people that are high and mighty in their approach to smokers.

if it was me, i'd have partied and enjoyed a bad ass show with ya.

peace.
  • Options
    well, some people like to enjoy a show without having to smell that stuff. i, personally, don't give a shit...but, when you do something like that you are affecting people around you...not only yourself...just smoke before you go in and keep it in your pocket in the show and you'll be fine...if something caused me to not enjoy a show then i would try to stop it from happening - the guy did ask you to stop - why didn't you just stop?
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • Options
    well, some people like to enjoy a show without having to smell that stuff. i, personally, don't give a shit...but, when you do something like that you are affecting people around you...not only yourself...just smoke before you go in and keep it in your pocket in the show and you'll be fine...if something caused me to not enjoy a show then i would try to stop it from happening - the guy did ask you to stop - why didn't you just stop?

If the scent of weed can stop someone from enjoying a show, they are just pitiful. They should be appreciative of it masking the scent of the other 10,000 or so in the arena. People should mind their own business. IF a security guard caught him, ok, that's one thing (albeit not cool, either), but the Stones t guy is just a fucking narc. plain and simple. what a puss.
    4/16/92...8/20/92...6/19/05...6/20/05...9/24/96...10/5/96...6/14/98...9/18/98...9/19/98...9/4/00...5/3/03...7/1/03...7/12/03...5/30/06...cuz everyone seems to be doin' it....please don't jump off any bridges.
  • Options
    boroff89boroff89 Posts: 786
    InsaneSoup wrote:
    If the scent of weed can stop someone from enjoying a show, they are just pitiful. They should be appreciative of it masking the scent of the other 10,000 or so in the arena. People should mind their own business. IF a security guard caught him, ok, that's one thing (albeit not cool, either), but the Stones t guy is just a fucking narc. plain and simple. what a puss.

Let me put the reverse spin on this. If you can't enjoy a show, especially a fucking Pearl Jam show, without weed, you are pitiful. Very few things make me more sick than people who go to shows and get trashed and blazed. If you can't get into the music without that, wow, time to look in the mirror. Have you ever thought about how the smoke might affect other people? It makes me sick. Seriously. I feel like I have to yack. My girlfriend is so allergic to the smoke that it interferes with her ability to breath. Marijuana is a narcotic, and it is bad for you. If you want to smoke it in the comfort of your own home, feel free. Just don't smoke the shit around me.
    It makes much more sense to live in the present tense.
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673

Who's the guy to tell people to stop? It's not like they were blowing it in his face, also about this "smell that stuff" thing you mentioned, Firstly they should give some under arm shit for the fucking people who stink of B.O, that smells worse than pot anyday.

That kinda stuff bother me ten times more than the smell of pot but I still don't tell the stinky people to take showes or get to the restrooms and do something.
  • Options
    boroff89 wrote:
    Let me put the reverse spin on this. If you can't enjoy a show, especially a fucking Pearl Jam show, without weed, you are pitiful. Very few things make me more sick than people who go to shows and get trashed and blazed. .

I'm sure you'd say the same to eddie vedder, yea know, tell him how pitiful he is for wanting a buzz during the show, what can't he get into the music without some wine?

My point is, worry about yourself.
  • Options
    It's a fucking rock and roll concert, you should expect that magical scent.

Why does it seem that the majority people have decided to suck these days?
    "It's not British music, it's American music. Now c'mon." -Bob Dylan
  • Options
    MrBrian wrote:
    I'm sure you'd say the same to eddie vedder, yea know, tell him how pitiful he is for wanting a buzz during the show, what can't he get into the music without some wine?

My point is, worry about yourself.

If you read the last few lines of my post, you'd see that I am worrying about myself and those that I care about. And I do think it's sad that he needs that buzz. But as long as it does not affect me, I do not care. His buzz has never affected me. Other people's buzzes have.
  • Options
    It's a fucking rock and roll concert, you should expect that magical scent.

Why does it seem that the majority people have decided to suck these days?

I do expect it. And I have never reported anyone to security for doing it. But it doesn't mean that I have to like it. I find it incredibly disturbing.
  • Options
    boroff89 wrote:
    I do expect it. And I have never reported anyone to security for doing it. But it doesn't mean that I have to like it. I find it incredibly disturbing.

You're entitled to that and since you don't go snitching people out, that's fine.

The spirit of Rock n roll is all about doing what one wants, and drugs have always been a big part of the whole thing.

I can't fathom being uptight at a rock concert, it's almost hypocritical.
    "It's not British music, it's American music. Now c'mon." -Bob Dylan
  • Options
    Your g/f is allergic to pot smoke?

Then you would think that a rock concert would probably not be the best place for her in the first place.

or she could just by a "Smoke mask" so she can breath well and she won't ruin anyone else fun.

compromise right?
  • Options
    MrBrian wrote:
    Who's the guy to tell people to stop? It's not like they were blowing it in his face, also about this "smell that stuff" thing you mentioned, Firstly they should give some under arm shit for the fucking people who stink of B.O, that smells worse than pot anyday.

That kinda stuff bother me ten times more than the smell of pot but I still don't tell the stinky people to take showes or get to the restrooms and do something.

i don't care about the smell...i like it...but, smoking pot is something that someone chooses to do...and it infringes on other people. if someone stinks and it bothers you then tell them about it. who's the guy to tell someone to stop...he's a ticket purchasing patron who wants to enjoy the show without someone's extra-curricular activities...which, if you remember, are prohibited and illegal...you can't get around that one...until they pass legislation
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • Options
    boroff89 wrote:
    Let me put the reverse spin on this. If you can't enjoy a show, especially a fucking Pearl Jam show, without weed, you are pitiful. Very few things make me more sick than people who go to shows and get trashed and blazed. If you can't get into the music without that, wow, time to look in the mirror. Have you ever thought about how the smoke might affect other people? It makes me sick. Seriously. I feel like I have to yack. My girlfriend is so allergic to the smoke that it interferes with her ability to breath. Marijuana is a narcotic, and it is bad for you. If you want to smoke it in the comfort of your own home, feel free. Just don't smoke the shit around me.

I never said I needed anything to enjoy a show, but if someone else does/wants to then that is their choice. I also don't buy the whole "allergic" thing. We live is a generation of "ADD, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, I'm allergic to second hand smoke" new illnesses. 20 years ago no one had all these ailments. (OK, I expect to get slammed for that one, but it's how I feel). We just seem to be a more and more oversensitive society as a whole.

I'm surprised what other people do affects you so much that you are at the point of regurgitation...sounds like you need to toughen up...lighten up...and get up off of your high horse. It's not like the guy gettin' high was performing his very own version of The Aristocrats for Rolling Stone guy....sheesh!

and marijuana is GOOD for some people!
  • Options
    NevermindNevermind Posts: 1,006
    boroff89 wrote:
    Marijuana is a narcotic, and it is bad for you.
    Hmm, I always thought pot was plant. I guess people make it from other chemicals now. Smoking pot is bad for you. But not eating of making yourself tea. Learn the facts before you start putting it down.
  • Options
    not4unot4u Posts: 513
    if you and your buddy want to bring a joint its kewl in my opinion. Grab a beer, have a few puffs before the show starts and a few at encore. Just don't bring cannons and puff away like its a cigar and make a big deal of it. I say keep it small and keep it quite. I know i can't enjoy anything after 3 tokes... Expect ganja. Its a concert for fuck sakes.
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • Options
    small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    There was a whole big thing about this before and the guy said he would report anyone that smoked pot near him. I wonder if it was him???

It is the smell of cigarettes that kills me. blah. I have never felt the need to smoke at PJ show but I think at a concert that one should anticipate that kind of thing... yes even though it is illegal :rolleyes: a rather stupid law.
  • Options
    shawnb199shawnb199 Posts: 133
    Nevermind wrote:
    Hmm, I always thought pot was plant. I guess people make it from other chemicals now. Smoking pot is bad for you. But not eating of making yourself tea. Learn the facts before you start putting it down.

This post is the height of irony. Opium comes from a plant, too, so I guess it's not a narcotic?

As for this whole debate, it's inherently stupid. Would you criticize somebody that had a 10 year old kid with them and asked you to stop? In the end, it's illegal, and so long as it's illegal, it's not unreasonable for people to ask you to stop doing it when it's impacting them negatively. This guy wasn't an outlier, there are plenty of people who don't enjoy people smoking pot around them, he just had the balls to say something.

I'm as libertarian as they come, but that basically means people should be able to do whatever they want, as long as it isn't negatively impacting somebody else. "My freedom to swing my fist ends where another man's jaw begins."
  • Options
    MrBrian wrote:

I don't know, man...I've smelt some pretty awful weed before and it rivals some pretty bad B.O.
    When this just feels like spinning plates.
  • Options
    yeah remember there are people who will complain about EVERYTHING given the chance.

probably the guy shouting "STOP PLAYING WEIRD SONGS! PLAY ALIVE! JEREMY!" too.

smoke before you go or outside.

don't rock the boat.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    I don't mind the smell of weed.. but honestly.. there are people who don't want to be subjected to it.. especially in an enclosed space.. i HATE when people around smoke cigs.. cig smoke really bothers the shit out of my eyes and i hate being around it.. i've left some small club shows early just because the venue became one big smoke cloud... i'm not gonna be a person who tells you can't smoke.. just be mindful of the people around you...
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Didn't I see this EXACT thread on the last leg of the tour???;)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    gvn2fly12gvn2fly12 Posts: 787
    Lizard wrote:
    Didn't I see this EXACT thread on the last leg of the tour???;)

Similar.....where's LongRoad????????
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
  • Options
    merlin401merlin401 Posts: 216
    Never smoked pot myself but c'mon: this is a ROCK Concert. Thats pretty pathetic to go rat someone out for that.

Wearing a rolling stones shirt just makes it hypocritical as well as pathetic...
    Jones Beach II (2000), Holmdel (2003), Camden 1, East Rutherford II, Gorge I, Gorge II (2006), MSG I, Boston II (2008), Spectrum II, Spectrum III, Spectrum IV (2009), MSG I, MSG II (2010), Prague (2012), Philly I (2013), Philly I, Philly II, Fenway I (2016), Fenway I (2018), MSG (2022)
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    merlin401 wrote:
    Wearing a rolling stones shirt just makes it hypocritical as well as pathetic...
    Slightly ironic...yes.
    Hypocritical...not really.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    merlin401merlin401 Posts: 216
    13PJ13 wrote:
    Slightly ironic...yes.
    Hypocritical...not really.

Nooo, if you're going to literally rat out someone smoking weed at a rock concert, you should NOT wear a stones shirt

Thats like yelling at someone for looking sloppy in ripped jeans and flannel while wearing a PJ shirt... its just not right
    Jones Beach II (2000), Holmdel (2003), Camden 1, East Rutherford II, Gorge I, Gorge II (2006), MSG I, Boston II (2008), Spectrum II, Spectrum III, Spectrum IV (2009), MSG I, MSG II (2010), Prague (2012), Philly I (2013), Philly I, Philly II, Fenway I (2016), Fenway I (2018), MSG (2022)
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    boroff89 wrote:

Wow I read this and was just sorta...Huh? We got into this one exhaustingly already but after reading this post I just can't resist the urge to respond. You put a " reverse spin " on this all right. You put so much of a reverse spin on it I take issue with every single sentence. First anf foremost I am a pot smoker. People that want to herbally enhance their PJ experience are not "pitiful". Who says we can't experience it without weed. I can expereince it without being high, I just would prefer to be blowing a cloud. There is a difference between hearing WMA or In My Tree after a smoke and some people just like listening to music that way. When PJ is right in front of you and you're hearing and seeing it live..its a surreal experience right after smoking some buds. I don't have the opportunity to travel and see PJ in multiple cities. I have a job and I have responsibilities so when I get to see my favorite band just one time in 3 years in my home city...You better believe if I'm a pot smoker I'm going to get lit up for it. If you're going to flash dirty looks and go get security and be a shit about it..then whats your deal? I'm not trying to blow it in your personal space and I surely don't make a spectacle about it and act like a jerkoff. Its very quiet and private how we go about it but I can't help the smell of it. Why don't you just deal with it and realize where you are?
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    rawpixelsrawpixels Posts: 912
    I agree 100%. Smoking weed is not necessary to enjoy Pearl Jam or any other music, but it definitely enhances the music and your senses.

Here in NYC, private bar/restaurant owners are banned from allowing smoking cigarettes in their establishments. As a smoker, I'm outraged by this, but even if I didn't smoke, I'd be pissed off. This is government way out of control and is Un-American.

I find it funny that most of the people who are thrilled about this law are "liberals" in the modern sense of the word. Left wingers always claim they're the most tolerant, the most giving, the most compassionate, but it's a farce.

culot4 wrote:
    Wow I read this and was just sorta...Huh? We got into this one exhaustingly already but after reading this post I just can't resist the urge to respond. You put a " reverse spin " on this all right. You put so much of a reverse spin on it I take issue with every single sentence. First anf foremost I am a pot smoker. People that want to herbally enhance their PJ experience are not "pitiful". Who says we can't experience it without weed. I can expereince it without being high, I just would prefer to be blowing a cloud. There is a difference between hearing WMA or In My Tree after a smoke and some people just like listening to music that way. When PJ is right in front of you and you're hearing and seeing it live..its a surreal experience right after smoking some buds. I don't have the opportunity to travel and see PJ in multiple cities. I have a job and I have responsibilities so when I get to see my favorite band just one time in 3 years in my home city...You better believe if I'm a pot smoker I'm going to get lit up for it. If you're going to flash dirty looks and go get security and be a shit about it..then whats your deal? I'm not trying to blow it in your personal space and I surely don't make a spectacle about it and act like a jerkoff. Its very quiet and private how we go about it but I can't help the smell of it. Why don't you just deal with it and realize where you are?
    One man stands alone awaiting
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options
    oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    rawpixels wrote:
    Here in NYC, private bar/restaurant owners are banned from allowing smoking cigarettes in their establishments. As a smoker, I'm outraged by this, but even if I didn't smoke, I'd be pissed off. This is government way out of control and is Un-American.

see.. i'm the exact opposite of you... here in PA they're trying to sign a bill to ban smoking in public bars.. and i'm all for it.. theres nothing i hate more then trying to eat a meal while smelling your disgusting habit...
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys