Options

smokin weed

Comments

• Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,941
    When I'm sitting next to people, and I'm not sure if they will have a problem with me blazing, I usually take 2-3 big power hits, then put it out. One of two things usually happen. They will either give a smile and ask for a puff (which I'm always willing to share, and have done so numerous times) or they just go on with the show. In Boston, the guys next to me didn't ask for a puff, but we jammed out together and had fun, so I don't think it bothered them. I did let a kid smoke with me at Boston3 in 03, and I think it ruined his show. We lit up during GTF, and he sat down the rest of the show. But that's his own fault for not knowing what he can handle.

As long as you're not blatantly ruining someone's good time, like by blowing smoke in their face, or lighting up 10-12 joints, everyone should be fine.
  • Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Man I was so into the DC show I didn't notice OR smell the fatty some dudes were smoking right next to my friend. He swears they did but I was completely unaware of it, and I know the smell (and like it). I guess PJ is a better drug that I thought ;)

I need to get more of this, Pearl Jam... :D Best drug I've ever been on :D
  • Options
    boroff89 wrote:
    Let me put the reverse spin on this. If you can't enjoy a show, especially a fucking Pearl Jam show, without weed, you are pitiful. Very few things make me more sick than people who go to shows and get trashed and blazed. If you can't get into the music without that, wow, time to look in the mirror. Have you ever thought about how the smoke might affect other people? It makes me sick. Seriously. I feel like I have to yack. My girlfriend is so allergic to the smoke that it interferes with her ability to breath. Marijuana is a narcotic, and it is bad for you. If you want to smoke it in the comfort of your own home, feel free. Just don't smoke the shit around me.
    Sounds like you are the guy in the Stones shirt. Don't be a puss!!!!
    Mahalo Mike..3/1/91, 5/25/91, 8/29/91, 1/3/92, 1/17/92, 7/22/92, 9/20/92, 10/25/93, 12/7-9/93, 2/5-6/95, 6/24/95, 11/4/95, 11/6-7/95, 10/20/96, 7/10-11/98, 7/13-14/98, 10/22/00, 10/24-25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2-3/03, 6/5-6/03, 7/6-7/06, 7/9-10/06, 7/12-13/06, 7/16/06, 7/22/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06.
  • Options
    some dude in section B14 in a stones shirt walked up to me and told me he was going to get security if we didnt stop smoking and then he actually did. if by small chance your reading this can you tell me why you would ever go so out of your way to try and get me in trouble?
    At least you had some weed....I was looking all night for some green herb but couldn't find a dime in Pittsburgh...damn
    Master of Zen
  • Options
    Why don't you just deal with it and realize where you are?[/quote]

Ha Ha. good lord.

It's amazing how people on here are so selfish, yet claim not to be - on both sides. but it's absolutely ridiculous, how selfish people can be when it comes to doing something they want to do, even if it harms other people.

BTW, this thread is exactly why I don't post here much - some people sound like immature middle schoolers with their responses.
    East Troy Icebowl: October 2000
    Council Bluffs, IA: June 2003
    Las Vegas, NV: July 2006
    Lollapalooza, Chicago: August 2007
  • Options
    i dont enjoy the smell of it one bit...it is actually an illegal substance and if someone wants someone else to put a joint out they should put it out...why should someone have to put up with an illegal substance when they dont want to.

How about this?
    Try not getting stoned at a concert instead and enjoy the music without being blazed
    Wave came crashing...
  • Options
    BlockheadBlockhead Posts: 1,535
    wasn't US Bank a non smoking facility???... plus alot of people who smoke weed at the concerts light up a cig right after they smoke... my 8 moth pregnant wife dosent need that... if i ask you to stop doing something illegal and you can't then you should be man enough to deal with the consequences...
  • Options
    ellroyellroy Posts: 39
    well heres a reply from the country were you can smoke al the weed you want.
    When pj comes to rock our little country i guess there a lots op people maybe al of them smoking the little green bags
    in fact when you see a cop you can ask them if they would fire up your magical bean
    no joke its normal here there are lots of chops were you can buy and smoke the stuff
    so i really dont understand what the problem is with you guys who called security, let the people enjoy there concert!!!!!!!
    i think beeing drunk is very disturbing, but do i call security NO!
    I shake your hand and smoke a joint and you drink your beer and were al a happy family
    its evolution baby!!!
  • Options
    I don't smoke and i could care-less for the people who do.........but as some guy posted earlier..........my fiance is very alergic to the stuff. Her eyes swell up, can't breathe, sneezing like a freak. She is very healthy but smoke and heavy dust does that to her........why should he suffer? She does expect that from concerts and there was a few times when she wanted to get security. She never did. Smoking it is one thing standing behind her a blowing it in her direction is another.

scott
    10/01/96 9/08/98 9/10/98 9/11/98 8/23/00 8/24/00
    8/25/00 8/27/00 8/29/00 8/30/00 9/01/00 9/02/00
    4/28/03 4/29/03 4/30/03 5/02/03 7/05/03 7/06/03
    7/08/03 7/09/03 7/14/03 <---front row shook hands with ed.
    10/3/05 5/13/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 6/01/06 6/3/06
    6/24/06 6/19/08 6/20/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 10/27/09
    10/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10
    5/21/10 9/7/11
  • Options
    Yeah, tell Eddie he doesn't have to get drunk or blazed at a show, he talks about it all the time
  • Options
    momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    With the trends lately being no smoking at concerts, it's been pretty difficult to smoke at arenas. As far as an outside show, it's kind of a free for all. But I still try to be careful not to ruin someone else's time. It doesn't matter whether I smoke or not it does not make or break the show. Usually I bring 3. 1 for the ride there. 1 for the show. And 1 for the ride home. Sometimes depending on the show the 1 for the ride home becomes the roach for the ride home :-) Or better yet, roll up the roachs for the ride home!

It's all good. I had some guy at Paul McCartney do that for us. He was a cop, and did not want to see us smoking near him. Whatever. We put it out. It's his show too. I try to fair and give people the benefit of a doubt. I would not had gone right to security but I would had asked them to put it out I guess and if they blew it right in my face then I guess I would had gotten security but it did seem to be a little over the top.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    boroff89 wrote:
    Let me put the reverse spin on this. If you can't enjoy a show, especially a fucking Pearl Jam show, without weed, you are pitiful. Very few things make me more sick than people who go to shows and get trashed and blazed. If you can't get into the music without that, wow, time to look in the mirror. Have you ever thought about how the smoke might affect other people? It makes me sick. Seriously. I feel like I have to yack. My girlfriend is so allergic to the smoke that it interferes with her ability to breath. Marijuana is a narcotic, and it is bad for you. If you want to smoke it in the comfort of your own home, feel free. Just don't smoke the shit around me.
    marijuana is NOT a narcotic, Just so you know life is bad for you . Eddie burns and I suspect others in the band do too. If you dont like it dont go to concerts. Are you gonna call 911 and spoil all of my fun, you crazy foooool
  • Options
    boroff89 wrote:
    If you read the last few lines of my post, you'd see that I am worrying about myself and those that I care about. And I do think it's sad that he needs that buzz. But as long as it does not affect me, I do not care. His buzz has never affected me. Other people's buzzes have.
    You are going against the pearl jam grain .
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    People smoke weed at concerts thats shocking.
  • Options
    InsaneSoup wrote:
    If the scent of weed can stop someone from enjoying a show, they are just pitiful. They should be appreciative of it masking the scent of the other 10,000 or so in the arena. People should mind their own business. IF a security guard caught him, ok, that's one thing (albeit not cool, either), but the Stones t guy is just a fucking narc. plain and simple. what a puss.

How about a little respect? Some people cannot stand the smell, my wife being one of them. If someone asks you to stop, I think a fellow Jamily member should oblige. Peace, J
    Ignore your rights and they'll go away!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to have fun." Benjamin Franklin

www.AllAmericanBiofuels.com
    Biodiesel: No War Required!
  • Options
    Riot_MacRiot_Mac Posts: 473
    boroff89 wrote:

hahahaha highlarious!
    "hear my name, take a good look, this could be the day."
  • Options
    Yeah, tell Eddie he doesn't have to get drunk or blazed at a show, he talks about it all the time

Drunk, yes...but, if you read the article in RS, he says he hasn't smoked weed since his daughter was born.

I, for one, do not smoke, but I fully expect it at a concert. As long as it isn't being blown in my face, I don't care...
    ~A compliment for us, is a compliment for you.~

• Options
    surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    I don't mind it myself but I have to be carefull if I am stood next to someone who is smoking as I get random piss tests at work and would get sacked straight away if there was any in my system, kinda sucks really.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    BrokenGlassBrokenGlass Posts: 298
    fr3dly wrote:
    the guy, i mean. you know, just a lot of peeps that are brought up thinking it is really not kosher to smoke weed. i am the oldest of six kids, the good son, was all ways told how bad it was, and it really made me think it was. i all ways got uncomfortable around peeps that did it, was very judgemental about them, and was very conservative in my views about it. recently, i have smoked from time to time to see what i really thought about it. and, you know, i've changed my mind about it completely. i don't mind being around it, i don't think it is evil or you are bad b/c you smoke. there are plenty of smokers who are good peeps, responsible peeps who don't harm anyone, and all the smokers i've met in life were all so chilled out and welcoming and just overall really cool. so, i guess, don't stress over it too much, b/c there is all ways gonna be people that are high and mighty in their approach to smokers.

if it was me, i'd have partied and enjoyed a bad ass show with ya.

peace.

Just out of curiosity, did you use the word "peeps" before you turned to the dark side? I kid, I kid....
  • Options
    frisbiefrisbie Posts: 14
    Here's the real question.

If you were smoking weed/cigs and blowing smoke around, getting drunk and spilling beer, pumping your fist/waving your hands into someone's face, bumping into someone else, holding up a jersey, person, sign, or flag that obstructs one's view, {insert any behavior that might not be courtious here} and someone politely/legitimately asked you to stop or be aware of others around . . . would you stop? If not, you are an asshole . . . no questions.

In the end, you have the right to do whatever you like to your body, but you also have the responsibility to be aware of others.

Personally, I do not like most of the things I have mentioned above, weed included. Am I judgemental of these people? No. Several people I love or admire engage in behaviors that at times are not respectful of others, but when made aware, they make an effort to coexist and respect those around. That's the difference.

I don't like weed, even though several of my peers did and I grew up around it. As a honest health educator, I even see some hypocrisy that Marijuana is illegal, while other more dangerous drugs are not. Also, I do expect it at a concert and usually I deal with it, but if someone is blowing it into my face, etc. . . I will kindly ask them to be aware of others, etc. In my experience, this has worked quite well most of the time.
    10/01/96, 08/22/98, 08/28/98, 08/20/00, 08/21/00, 08/27/00, 09/01/00, 12/08/02, 04/18/03, 04/28/03, 04/29/03, 05/02/03, 07/08/03, 07/09/03, 10/03/05, 05/12/06, 05/30/06

Remove yourself from comfort, all progress involves risk.
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    some dude in section B14 in a stones shirt walked up to me and told me he was going to get security if we didnt stop smoking and then he actually did. if by small chance your reading this can you tell me why you would ever go so out of your way to try and get me in trouble?

A recent show in the US of eh? No wonder why you have snitches. I am not one bit surprised by your story.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    dkfan9dkfan9 Posts: 75
    god damn a lot of hypocrites in this thread.
    and im talking mostly about the pot smokers. Well I don't give a fuck if you do it, but if some one is bothered, hey, it's a smoke free venue, that's the rules. He's not telling you to stop when you're outside or in your car or your house. He's telling you at an event he payed 60 to go see. I don't care if you want to smoke weed at a concert, but he came to the concert under the assumption that there would be no smoke for him to breathe. He asked you to put it out, why couldn't you have?
    dkfan9
  • Options
    mikey1001mikey1001 Posts: 19
    Ok, I had to put in my two cents.
    First, to the person(s) that label pot as a "narcotic", that is just plain incorrect. I realize in your War on Drugs the past Administrations have classified many substances as narcotics, I guess to scare people or whatever, but a real narcotic is an addictive opiate like heroin or morphine.
    Secondly, you should come to expect different situations when you enter a public place with thousands of people, situations you may not agree with if you were in the comfort of your living room. When you attend a rock concert you will be subjected to huge decilbel levels, pushing and shoving, B.O., over indulging in alcohol by some, and yes...pot as well. You may not like or agree with some or all of the above, but should keep it in context of where you are. If it bothers someone to the point of calling a rent-a-cop to complain about the smell of pot, it may be worth asking yourself if the concert going experience is really for you. I used to like going to the nightclubs and having a good time, but I'm older now and just don't have a good time at the clubs anymore. Should I still go and then complain to management that someone is drinking more than I'm personally comfortable with? Ya, right. I just don't go anymore.
    Lastly, to the folks that like to bring up the health effects of the brief exposure to the secong hand pot smoke, I agree with you; there are many bad things that can happen when you breathe in any smoke product. But let's get some perspective here. If that REALLY is the issue for you, may I suggest taking your concerns to a level where you can do some good for millions of people? I'll use the city of Houston for example...that city is the most poluted in the U.S. and one of the worst in the world. The toxins that it's citizens are subjected to everyday of their lives are causing so many problems, surely one could take their valid concerns about smoke coming off a joint and apply them to a grander scale.
    Just go and enjoy the show. Don't worry about what other people are doing, as long as their not doing direct harm to you. A concert is about people having a good time, and as long as they do it without hurting other people then let's not turn PJ shows into some policing event. Thanks...

Peace
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    mikey1001 wrote:
    Ok, I had to put in my two cents.
    First, to the person(s) that label pot as a "narcotic", that is just plain incorrect. I realize in your War on Drugs the past Administrations have classified many substances as narcotics, I guess to scare people or whatever, but a real narcotic is an addictive opiate like heroin or morphine.
    Secondly, you should come to expect different situations when you enter a public place with thousands of people, situations you may not agree with if you were in the comfort of your living room. When you attend a rock concert you will be subjected to huge decilbel levels, pushing and shoving, B.O., over indulging in alcohol by some, and yes...pot as well. You may not like or agree with some or all of the above, but should keep it in context of where you are. If it bothers someone to the point of calling a rent-a-cop to complain about the smell of pot, it may be worth asking yourself if the concert going experience is really for you. I used to like going to the nightclubs and having a good time, but I'm older now and just don't have a good time at the clubs anymore. Should I still go and then complain to management that someone is drinking more than I'm personally comfortable with? Ya, right. I just don't go anymore.
    Lastly, to the folks that like to bring up the health effects of the brief exposure to the secong hand pot smoke, I agree with you; there are many bad things that can happen when you breathe in any smoke product. But let's get some perspective here. If that REALLY is the issue for you, may I suggest taking your concerns to a level where you can do some good for millions of people? I'll use the city of Houston for example...that city is the most poluted in the U.S. and one of the worst in the world. The toxins that it's citizens are subjected to everyday of their lives are causing so many problems, surely one could take their valid concerns about smoke coming off a joint and apply them to a grander scale.
    Just go and enjoy the show. Don't worry about what other people are doing, as long as their not doing direct harm to you. A concert is about people having a good time, and as long as they do it without hurting other people then let's not turn PJ shows into some policing event. Thanks...

Peace

Well said mikey1001, thanks for describing "reality!"
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    dkfan9 wrote:
    god damn a lot of hypocrites in this thread.
    and im talking mostly about the pot smokers. Well I don't give a fuck if you do it, but if some one is bothered, hey, it's a smoke free venue, that's the rules. He's not telling you to stop when you're outside or in your car or your house. He's telling you at an event he payed 60 to go see. I don't care if you want to smoke weed at a concert, but he came to the concert under the assumption that there would be no smoke for him to breathe. He asked you to put it out, why couldn't you have?

How about the intoxication in public thingy? Half the venue would be empty.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    ctvedheadctvedhead Posts: 58
    I get a kick out of this thread, cause I've dealt with assholes like this over the years. My advice for the poster....next time have a few chimichongas and nice bean burrito before the show and let that smell rip through the section. Just for hahas, ask the complainer to pull your finger a few times.
    if you call me Cupcake again I'll make fun of your knee socks and whistle
  • Options
    capybaraletcapybaralet Posts: 145
    sounds to me like something that shouldn't have been an issue. Either of you could have avoided making a deal about it. If I was the guy in the Stones shirt, I wouldn't have said anything, and if I was you, I would have just said OK and put it away. Honestly, everyone is happier when nobody makes a big fucking deal over something little like this (especially at a concert, where you don't want to be all pissed and distracted.)
    everything=3

2-1-0

4-3-2-1-0
    2---2--3---3--2----1

2-2-2-3-3-3-2-2-0

M
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,151
    I feel sorry for you guys......this kind of thing is usually never an issue in beautiful BC!!!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    All this allergy stuff and can't stand the smell shit is bullshit. You're just the people with the sticks up your asses when it comes to stuff like this. You all have the same stupid reasons for hating it and say the same reasons why no one should smoke at a concert. This guy was not smelling the smoke at all like I said or having "allergic reactions" as a few of you hypocondriacts (sp?) claim... he just saw me hit it and just wanted to bust balls. My guess is honestly he was a police officer, and just thinks I'm some punk. Some things really annoy me at concerts but I don't walk up to somebody else, threaten them, and actually go get security!!! you fuckin snitch!! I wish I was in BC and Holland where I would be welcomed as a friend for it and not a criminal...pathetic pathetic norms.
  • Options
    ddirt80ddirt80 Posts: 12
    I have been to six Pearl Jam concerts and I am anaphalactic to peanuts. They serve peanuts and beer at EVERY pearl jam concert I have been to. I am like a hawk for spotting people eating them. I watched my morning jacket at Toronto N2 and came back to my seat for Pearl Jam only to see there had been an entire bag of peanuts shelled onto the floor. I can't even come in contact with the fucking things or smell them without fear of dying. Did I make someone come and clean it all up? No. Did I get security? No. It's a fucking rock concert guys....U have to expect when you're in the midst of 10 000 retarded fans, there are going to be some things you don't like, or that even might kill you.

Point is, there is no such thing as being anaphalactic to pot. It doesn't exist. Allergies are a nuisance, and nothing else. Anaphalaxis is a totally different story; I've almost died twice from it, and I don't expect everyone in the arena to not eat them whilst I'm there.