Options

**Chris Cornell Solo Tour Roll Call**

Comments

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Suziemay wrote:
    Hope to get Man of Golden Words tonight :)

Let us know how it was!
    It was fantastic! I think about 2.5 hours. Chris sounded FANTASTIC! I don't know how he was able to do 3 hours the night before in Boston, and then come out last night and sound equally as amazing. There were many good moments. His wife and kids were sitting in the front row, and he would walk up and blow kisses to them. Such a nice thing to see, he truly lights up around them. I like seeing my rock stars happy.

He dedicated Crazy Love (Van Morrison cover) to his wife, he sang it to her during their engagement party.

He talked about the Beacon interior and how a lot of the older beautiful theatres have Roman themes and he's not sure why. Then he started talking about the Detroit SG show where a "virile" young man decides to climb one of the soldier statues and pull out the spear that Ben Shepherd grabs and hands to Chris and he proceeds to smash it on stage because that's what singers do (smash things that don't belong to them).

I don't know if anyone else was also at the Boston show, the sets were pretty similar except NYC was shorter. No complaints though. Both shows were fantastic but something about Boston made the show magical. It's like all the stars aligned and Chris just kept going. Nights like those don't happen frequently and can't be planned, and I'm so grateful that I was able to make it!
  • Options
    PJ1973 wrote:
    Thinking seriously about going to Charlotte on 12/4. Anyone else going?
    YOU SHOULD GO. Seriously, don't think, just go!!
  • Options
    bchagnonbchagnon Posts: 164
    Heading to the show tonight in Northampton. Bringing my 7 year old daughter to her first concert. She is very excited.

2nd row nonetheless.

Quick merch question... And children's stuff? Would love to buy her a shirt as a keepsake.

"Leave it to me as I find a way to be.
    Consider me a satellite forever orbiting.
    I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me.
    Guaranteed."
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,562
    Suziemay wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    Hope to get Man of Golden Words tonight :)

Let us know how it was!
    It was fantastic! I think about 2.5 hours. Chris sounded FANTASTIC! I don't know how he was able to do 3 hours the night before in Boston, and then come out last night and sound equally as amazing. There were many good moments. His wife and kids were sitting in the front row, and he would walk up and blow kisses to them. Such a nice thing to see, he truly lights up around them. I like seeing my rock stars happy.

He dedicated Crazy Love (Van Morrison cover) to his wife, he sang it to her during their engagement party.

He talked about the Beacon interior and how a lot of the older beautiful theatres have Roman themes and he's not sure why. Then he started talking about the Detroit SG show where a "virile" young man decides to climb one of the soldier statues and pull out the spear that Ben Shepherd grabs and hands to Chris and he proceeds to smash it on stage because that's what singers do (smash things that don't belong to them).

I don't know if anyone else was also at the Boston show, the sets were pretty similar except NYC was shorter. No complaints though. Both shows were fantastic but something about Boston made the show magical. It's like all the stars aligned and Chris just kept going. Nights like those don't happen frequently and can't be planned, and I'm so grateful that I was able to make it!
    Wow, I would have died to see him cover Crazy Love. That's awesome. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Mrs_Eddie_VedderMrs_Eddie_Vedder Boston, MA Posts: 75

I don't know if anyone else was also at the Boston show, the sets were pretty similar except NYC was shorter. No complaints though. Both shows were fantastic but something about Boston made the show magical. It's like all the stars aligned and Chris just kept going. Nights like those don't happen frequently and can't be planned, and I'm so grateful that I was able to make it![/quote]
    Wow, I would have died to see him cover Crazy Love. That's awesome. :)[/quote]

OMG ditto. :shock: Van is my all-time fave.
    On my way to Northampton for tonight's show now!
    June 16, 2011 - EV in Boston
    September 2, 2012 - Made In America
    October 15, 2013 - Worcester I
    October 16, 2013 - Worcester II
    October 25, 2013 - Hartford
    June 12, 2016 - Bonnaroo
    August 5, 2016 - Fenway I
    August 7, 2016 - Fenway II
    September 25, 2016 - EV in NYC
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    FrankieG wrote:
    In Search of: 1 ticket for Saturday November 23, in Washington DC. :)
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    bchagnon wrote:
    Heading to the show tonight in Northampton. Bringing my 7 year old daughter to her first concert. She is very excited.

2nd row nonetheless.

Quick merch question... And children's stuff? Would love to buy her a shirt as a keepsake.

YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER MADE MY WHOLE NIGHT! :D:D:D

How awesome was Chris with her?! And Footsteps... I was like leave it to the PJ guys daughter to request that haha thank you so much, I have been holding my breath for that the last couple shows. What an amazing night! 3 hours and I still didn't want it to end. Did your daughter have a good time?
    June 12, 2016 - Bonnaroo
  • Options
    Holy Shit, I just saw the Northampton MA setlist. I rarely get show envy, but WOW!!!!

Bend in the Road
    Can't Change Me
    Sweet Euphoria
    I Am the Highway (Audioslave song)
    Original Fire (Audioslave song)
    Wide Awake (Audioslave song)
    Silence the Voices (sung to vinyl recording)
    Bones of Birds (Soundgarden song)
    Halfway There (Soundgarden song)
    Fell on Black Days (Soundgarden song)
    Say Hello 2 Heaven (Temple of the Dog song)
    Footsteps (Pearl Jam cover) :shock:
    Seasons
    The Day I Tried to Live (Soundgarden song)
    I Will Always Love You (Dolly Parton cover) :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Sunshower
    Preaching the End of the World :shock:
    Dandelion (Audioslave song)
    When I'm Down (sung to vinyl recording)
    Like Suicide (Soundgarden song) :shock:
    Man of Golden Words (Mother Love Bone cover) (with Comfortably Numb outro) :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Wooden Jesus (Temple of the Dog song)
    Call Me a Dog (Temple of the Dog song)
    Hunger Strike (Temple of the Dog song) (with Bhi Bhiman)
    Like a Stone (Audioslave song) (with Bhi Bhiman)
    Thank You (Led Zeppelin cover)
    Blow Up the Outside World (Soundgarden song) (w/ drone ending)

Encore:
    Crazy Love (Van Morrison cover) :shock:
    Be Yourself (Audioslave song)
    Billie Jean (Michael Jackson cover)
    Black Hole Sun (Soundgarden song)
    One (U2 cover) (U2 (music)/Metallica (lyrics) mashup)
    A Day in the Life (The Beatles cover) :shock:
  • Options
    bchagnon wrote:

2nd row nonetheless.

How awesome was Chris with her?! And Footsteps... I was like leave it to the PJ guys daughter to request that haha thank you so much, I have been holding my breath for that the last couple shows. What an amazing night! 3 hours and I still didn't want it to end. Did your daughter have a good time?

LOL. She had a great time! Where were you sitting? I don't think she even realized how cool that was. And Audrey loves PJ, and he just did Footsteps on Fallon so we thought maybe we had a chance (to be honest, I didnt think it would happen). Both Audrey and I got to shake Chris' hand. Amazing night. Still can't wipe the smile from my face. :D:D

Guaranteed."
  • Options
    bchagnon wrote:
    bchagnon wrote:

2nd row nonetheless.

LOL. She had a great time! Where were you sitting? I don't think she even realized how cool that was. And Audrey loves PJ, and he just did Footsteps on Fallon so we thought maybe we had a chance (to be honest, I didnt think it would happen). Both Audrey and I got to shake Chris' hand. Amazing night. Still can't wipe the smile from my face. :D:D

I was about halfway back in the center orchestra. I immediately knew it was you guys haha... he loved your daughter! Love that he kept going back to talking about her and how amused he was by her "poker face" hahaha! So freaking amazing. Someday she will understand the epicness of that night and she will have you to thank. So happy for you guys!
    June 12, 2016 - Bonnaroo
  • Options
    Love this!!! Definitely a fun evening! Because of her I was able to experience a night that I'll never forget, and one that she'll likely forget by dinner time tonight... somewhat ironic. LOL. Anyways, glad you had fun, I sure did!

"I've got scratches... all over my arms... one for each day.... since I fell apart..."

Guaranteed."
  • Options
    bchagnon wrote:
    Love this!!! Definitely a fun evening! Because of her I was able to experience a night that I'll never forget, and one that she'll likely forget by dinner time tonight... somewhat ironic. LOL. Anyways, glad you had fun, I sure did!

"I've got scratches... all over my arms... one for each day.... since I fell apart..."

I've probably played it at least 7x today already! :)
    June 12, 2016 - Bonnaroo
  • Options
    In Search of: 1 ticket for Saturday November 23, in Washington DC. :)

All the tickets on Stubhub are >$100 :? :evil:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 404
    Suziemay wrote:
    PJ1973 wrote:
    OK. You convinced me :)

(I can be pretty easy to persuade sometimes.)
  • Options
    bchagnon wrote:

Just spent the last 3 hours listening to last night's show re-living great memories. "Let's keep the baby AWAKE!" LOL

Guaranteed."
  • Options
    PJ1973 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    PJ1973 wrote:
    OK. You convinced me :)

(I can be pretty easy to persuade sometimes.)
    Yessssss! You can thank me later :) Full report after the show, please!
  • Options
    bchagnon wrote:
    bchagnon wrote:

Just spent the last 3 hours listening to last night's show re-living great memories. "Let's keep the baby AWAKE!" LOL

Hahaha I love it! I was dying when he said that :D I am going tonight, sitting in the third row. I will let you guys know how it is!
    June 12, 2016 - Bonnaroo
  • Options
    Hahaha I love it! I was dying when he said that :D I am going tonight, sitting in the third row. I will let you guys know how it is!

How was the show? I'm still on a bit of a high from Sunday night, lol.

Guaranteed."
  • Options
    bchagnon wrote:

Did you see the review of Sunday's show? So good: http://www.masslive.com/entertainment/i ... ell_p.html

Providence didn't hold a candle to Northampton but it was still great. I was able to get 3rd row, center tickets last minute so the seats were incredible. I got some great videos that I'm thinking of posting on Youtube so if I do I will post the links. Chris' voice was kinda shot and he even said something about it. So he was kind of holding back and did a much shorter set list. He wasn't hitting those high notes although I dig the raspiness too so I wasn't mad haha. He played for about 2 1/2 hrs.

Here is the setlist that was posted (I was pumped he played Redemption Song! & of course Footsteps again...)

As Hope and Promise Fade
    Can't Change Me
    Original Fire
    (Audioslave song)
    Wide Awake
    (Audioslave song)
    Be Yourself
    (Audioslave song)
    Silence the Voices
    Zero Chance
    (Soundgarden song)
    Sunshower
    Footsteps
    (Pearl Jam cover)
    Halfway There
    (Soundgarden song)
    Fell on Black Days
    (Soundgarden song)
    Seasons
    The Day I Tried to Live
    (Soundgarden song)
    One
    (U2 cover)
    When I'm Down
    Cleaning My Gun
    Wooden Jesus
    (Temple of the Dog song)
    Call Me a Dog
    (Temple of the Dog song)
    Doesn't Remind Me
    (Audioslave song)
    Blow Up the Outside World
    (Soundgarden song)

Encore:
    Burden in My Hand
    (Soundgarden song)
    Billie Jean
    (Michael Jackson cover)
    Black Hole Sun
    (Soundgarden song)
    All Night Thing
    (Temple of the Dog song)
    Redemption Song
    (Bob Marley & The Wailers cover)
    To Love Somebody
    (Bee Gees cover)
    June 12, 2016 - Bonnaroo
  • Options
    Just got my ticket for this Saturday! :D

ORCH Left Row W

IM PUMPED. 8-)
  • Options
    FrankieG wrote:
    Just got my ticket for this Saturday! :D

ORCH Left Row W

IM PUMPED. 8-)

So glad you managed to get a ticket. You won't be disappointed. Make sure you have some requests in mind :)
    June 12, 2016 - Bonnaroo
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Tomorrow is my day :D

Chris, if you're reading this...could I make a birthday request? Fourth of July 8-)
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    bchagnon wrote:

Did you see the review of Sunday's show? So good: http://www.masslive.com/entertainment/i ... ell_p.html

Providence didn't hold a candle to Northampton but it was still great. I was able to get 3rd row, center tickets last minute so the seats were incredible. I got some great videos that I'm thinking of posting on Youtube so if I do I will post the links. Chris' voice was kinda shot and he even said something about it. So he was kind of holding back and did a much shorter set list. He wasn't hitting those high notes although I dig the raspiness too so I wasn't mad haha. He played for about 2 1/2 hrs.

I've got the Calvin show on FLAC and MP3 if you're interested. If so, I'll have to figure out a way of getting it to you. Sound is OK, a bit quiet but still a good listen. Headphones recommended.

Guaranteed."
  • Options

Chris, if you're reading this...could I make a birthday request? Fourth of July 8-)
    :) You should bring a sign, or feel free to yell it out at an appropriate moment. He listens. May not do it but worth a shot! At the Boston show, there were a ton of Footsteps requests but he didn't do it.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Suziemay wrote:

:) You should bring a sign, or feel free to yell it out at an appropriate moment. He listens. May not do it but worth a shot! At the Boston show, there were a ton of Footsteps requests but he didn't do it.

I'm not a yeller but my sign will say:

"SuMay made me do it
    4th of July"

:lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    bchagnon wrote:
    I've got the Calvin show on FLAC and MP3 if you're interested. If so, I'll have to figure out a way of getting it to you. Sound is OK, a bit quiet but still a good listen. Headphones recommended.

That would be amazing! :D
    My email is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:julie.fratalia@gmail.com">julie.fratalia@gmail.com</a><!-- e --> if that helps at all. Thanks so much!
    June 12, 2016 - Bonnaroo
  • Options
    chauncechaunce wilkes-barre, pa Posts: 54
    "minutes of ithica"-e.v.--11-6-91

reading, pa . finally 4ever.
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

I'm not a yeller but my sign will say:

"SuMay made me do it
    4th of July"

:lol:
    In THAT case, you should really ask for Man of Golden Words ;) That's what my sign would have said but I decided against bringing one (because I'm stupid :lol::lol: )

Happy Birthday!!!!!
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    I thiiiiink I'm in for Saturday. Still unsure, but I think so! :D
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    bchagnon wrote:

That would be amazing! :D
    My email is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:julie.fratalia@gmail.com">julie.fratalia@gmail.com</a><!-- e --> if that helps at all. Thanks so much!

Omg... seriously... borderline in tears right now. These tracks are so amazing and the sound quality is great. I am speechless, I don't know what else to say!!! I guess Chris Cornell pandora can go off now and I know what I will be doing for the next 3 hours! Thank you so so so so much!
    June 12, 2016 - Bonnaroo