Options

**Chris Cornell Solo Tour Roll Call**

Comments

• Options
    Anyone have an extra for Toronto?
  • Options
    jbarbianjbarbian Posts: 991
    One extra for tonight's show in Madison. PM me if you're interested.
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Outstanding in Chicago last night! That One mash up was f'ing brilliant!!

I didnt care for that, but maybe it will be better once I listen to it again.

Bones of Birds, people. Bones of Birds!
    Bones of Birds was indeed great to hear but that U2/Metallica remix was definitely one of the highlights of the show for me.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    Great show in Madison last night. Sat next to some pretty cool people from Waunakee, never got their names though.

Chris played Man of Golden Words again, which was pretty awesome! He started to strum 4th of July after a request, but then stopped.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    kramer73 wrote:
    Great show in Madison last night. Sat next to some pretty cool people from Waunakee, never got their names though.

Chris played Man of Golden Words again, which was pretty awesome! He started to strum 4th of July after a request, but then stopped.
    I hope to hear Man of Golden Words again! One of my favourite Chris performances. That and Lady Stardust.
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    In Search of: 1 ticket for Saturday November 23, in Washington DC. :)
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Heading up to Cleveland in a few minutes for tonight's show in Lakewood!!
    The venue is a HIGH SCHOOL auditorium...Saw Chris here a couple of years ago & the show was AMAZING.
    Gonna be another GREAT one tonight!!!
    :ugeek:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    What a GREAT show in Lakewood...

HELLO CLEVELAND ;)

Chris was AMAZING as usual & the crowd was pretty respectful too:

IMAG1349_zps08446d0b.jpg

No posters or stickers at the merch stand tonight, but we did end up getting a setlist:

IMAG1352_zpsd40c5b1f.jpg

Cannot wait for tomorrow :corn:

PLUS we got to hang out with Leezestarr313 & Caveese before the show!!
    It was REALLY nice meeting you guys...SEE YOU IN SEATTLE!!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    derbydave wrote:

HELLO CLEVELAND ;)

IMAG1349_zps08446d0b.jpg

No posters or stickers at the merch stand tonight, but we did end up getting a setlist:

IMAG1352_zpsd40c5b1f.jpg

It was awesome meeting you too :wave: :D As well as Jonsey30 and his girlfriend, who were really sitting right in front of us!
    We got home at around 3:30 in the morning. Monday willl be a stretch, but it was worth it. This venue was kinda cool. I have never been in an American high school before, so I even took pics of the cafeteria :oops: :lol: Chris seemed to be in good spirits and we had a great time.
    The only thing that I found a little weird was the two "karaoke" songs. But anyway, I'm glad we did it!

Next musical stop - SEATTLE :corn: :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    The only thing that I found a little weird was the two "karaoke" songs.

I don't know the story about the other song, but When I'm Down is done that way for pretty much all of Chris' performances because he wants to sing it to the original piano by Natasha Schneider. I think it's really sweet :)
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    The only thing that I found a little weird was the two "karaoke" songs.

I don't know the story about the other song, but When I'm Down is done that way for pretty much all of Chris' performances because he wants to sing it to the original piano by Natasha Schneider. I think it's really sweet :)

Yup, that was pretty sweet :) We just didn't really expect it.

I also want to add that I thought the opener Bhi Bhiman, was really cool too :thumbup: He was in the lobby later on, talking to people and shaking hands :)
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,041
    derbydave wrote:

HELLO CLEVELAND ;)

IMAG1349_zps08446d0b.jpg

IMAG1352_zpsd40c5b1f.jpg

It was awesome meeting you too :wave: :D As well as Jonsey30 and his girlfriend, who were really sitting right in front of us!
    We got home at around 3:30 in the morning. Monday willl be a stretch, but it was worth it. This venue was kinda cool. I have never been in an American high school before, so I even took pics of the cafeteria :oops: :lol: Chris seemed to be in good spirits and we had a great time.
    The only thing that I found a little weird was the two "karaoke" songs. But anyway, I'm glad we did it!

Very cool! :thumbup:
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    derbydave wrote:

HELLO CLEVELAND ;)

IMAG1349_zps08446d0b.jpg

IMAG1352_zpsd40c5b1f.jpg

It was really cool to meet you and cav, awesome story about how you met. You guys must have been crawling home; we were home by 2:15.

Chris was awesome, I don't know how he can scream for 2 and a half hours, but he sounds amazing doing it. How many opportunities do you get to be that close to a legend? Now I need to see Soundgarden, and an Eddie solo show.
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,559
    Wow.... 27 songs. We only got 21 in Vancouver. :( It was only a one song encore (that was ruined by his opening act, who couldn't carry EV's part in Hunger Strike to save his life). It seemed like a long show at the time, but obviously not! I wonder why he went so short? It was a good crowd, so I don't think that was it. :think:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jonsey30 wrote:

It was really cool to meet you and cav, awesome story about how you met. You guys must have been crawling home; we were home by 2:15.

Chris was awesome, I don't know how he can scream for 2 and a half hours, but he sounds amazing doing it. How many opportunities do you get to be that close to a legend? Now I need to see Soundgarden, and an Eddie solo show.

It was quite a trip :lol: Glad to hear you made it home safe!

We saw Soundgarden in January, they played the Fillmore in Detroit! It was one of the loudest shows I have ever been to, but quite a blast! Go and see them if you have the chance!
    Well, and I wouldn't mind another Eddie solo show, I haven't seen a show at the Fox yet, that would be awesome! Fingers crossed he makes his way back here soon ...
  • Options
    Please shoot me. Pm if you have an extra for Massey hall tonight!! Beers and joints(before the show) are on me
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    One more week. :D
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Looking forward to tonight. I may not be as familiar with the stuff other than Soundgarden, but I'm still looking forward to it. Can't believe I have front row. Looked for one ticket for fun and I said that I wasn't going to let the scalpers have it.
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Looking forward to tonight. I may not be as familiar with the stuff other than Soundgarden, but I'm still looking forward to it. Can't believe I have front row. Looked for one ticket for fun and I said that I wasn't going to let the scalpers have it.
    Chris generally puts on a great show. This'll be my second time seeing him at Massey and I cannot wait. Front row will be an amazing experience.
  • Options
    gotsome420 wrote:
    Please shoot me. Pm if you have an extra for Massey hall tonight!! Beers and joints(before the show) are on me
    They released some tickets earlier today at masseyhall.com. Right now I can only see one ticket, so get on it quick!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I upgraded to a better seat tonight at Massey Hall, so if anyone needs a ticket, let me know.

EDIT: SOLD
    Post edited by uninnocent- on
  • Options
    ersaroersaro Posts: 24
    Saw last night's show in Buffalo. It was absolutely amazing. Chris sounded incredible. Has anyone seen a copy of Buffalo's set list yet? I've been looking but haven't been able to find it.
  • Options
    Last night, I saw Chris Cornell at Massey Hall. I had a front row seat. Opening for him was Sri-Lankan folk artist Bhi Bhiman. He took the stage at 8:05 PM and ended at 8:45 PM. He was pretty good. Then, I was in the lower concourse for drinks and washroom and I thought I noticed someone walking in there. I followed the guy and it was actually the opening act, Bhi Bhiman. I immediately asked him for an autograph, which he signed my ticket stub. I shook his hand, I told him that I enjoyed his set, that I was looking forward to see Chris and also mentioned that I saw Soundgarden at the beginning of the year. He asked me where they played, and I told them at Sound Academy. Afterwards, I went to buy a sprite and by the time I got the drink, I heard in the speakers that the show was going to start momentarily. I went back to my seat and two minutes later at 9:05 PM, Chris Cornell took the stage and made his entrance with this really cool bicycle that was made by an 8-9 year old boy from Victoria, BC. Chris Cornell's voice was ridiculous, setlist was unbelievable and Bhi joined him for two songs, one of them was Hunger Strike by Temple of the Dog. My personal favourite song was when he played the mash-up of U2/Metallica One. Chris also spoke a lot and he made a number of jokes about crack, a day after the mayor of Toronto, Rob Ford, admitted to have smoke crack last year. Finally, when he came out for an encore, he high-fived the fans in front, including me. The show ended at 11:35 PM.

After the show, I got out was walking by the stage door and noticed a number of fans and wondered if Chris Cornell would come of there. Shortly after 12:05 AM, he did come out, but I was unsuccessful of trying to score an autograph. A lot of fans were in front of me and I tried to get closer to him, but I got behind him instead of being in front of him and seconds later, he got in the car. Not sure if I was the only one. He didn't speak at all, I think he wanted to preserve his voice. I was obviously disappointed that I didn't score an autograph, but at least, I got an autograph from Bhi and high-fived Chris. Overall, a night to remember. Definitely on my Top 3-4 shows of the year.

*SPOILERS* Here's the setlist. It is definitely a bit incomplete as Chris actually played Billie Jean, but it is not mentioned. I don't remember when he played it. I'm sure it will be edited later.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/chris-cor ... 4ae65.html
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    FrankieG wrote:
    In Search of: 1 ticket for Saturday November 23, in Washington DC. :)
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,559
    Last night, I saw Chris Cornell at Massey Hall. I had a front row seat. Opening for him was Sri-Lankan folk artist Bhi Bhiman. He took the stage at 8:05 PM and ended at 8:45 PM. He was pretty good. Then, I was in the lower concourse for drinks and washroom and I thought I noticed someone walking in there. I followed the guy and it was actually the opening act, Bhi Bhiman. I immediately asked him for an autograph, which he signed my ticket stub. I shook his hand, I told him that I enjoyed his set, that I was looking forward to see Chris and also mentioned that I saw Soundgarden at the beginning of the year. He asked me where they played, and I told them at Sound Academy. Afterwards, I went to buy a sprite and by the time I got the drink, I heard in the speakers that the show was going to start momentarily. I went back to my seat and two minutes later at 9:05 PM, Chris Cornell took the stage and made his entrance with this really cool bicycle that was made by an 8-9 year old boy from Victoria, BC. Chris Cornell's voice was ridiculous, setlist was unbelievable and Bhi joined him for two songs, one of them was Hunger Strike by Temple of the Dog. My personal favourite song was when he played the mash-up of U2/Metallica One. Chris also spoke a lot and he made a number of jokes about crack, a day after the mayor of Toronto, Rob Ford, admitted to have smoke crack last year. Finally, when he came out for an encore, he high-fived the fans in front, including me. The show ended at 11:35 PM.

After the show, I got out was walking by the stage door and noticed a number of fans and wondered if Chris Cornell would come of there. Shortly after 12:05 AM, he did come out, but I was unsuccessful of trying to score an autograph. A lot of fans were in front of me and I tried to get closer to him, but I got behind him instead of being in front of him and seconds later, he got in the car. Not sure if I was the only one. He didn't speak at all, I think he wanted to preserve his voice. I was obviously disappointed that I didn't score an autograph, but at least, I got an autograph from Bhi and high-fived Chris. Overall, a night to remember. Definitely on my Top 3-4 shows of the year.

*SPOILERS* Here's the setlist. It is definitely a bit incomplete as Chris actually played Billie Jean, but it is not mentioned. I don't remember when he played it. I'm sure it will be edited later.

He actually mixes his set lists like EV does, so seeing a set list isn't a spoiler in his case. :)

I'm a little saddened retroactively.... He seems to have really cut the Vancouver show short compared to all the other shows I'm seeing set lists for. There was only a one song encore (and it was ruined because Bhi sang EV's part in Hunger Strike and completely sucked at it). I don't understand why Chris cut it short. The crowd seemed pretty good to me... maybe I was missing something. :(
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I have 2 tix to Chris Cornell in New Haven CT on 11/20/13 if anyone is interested
  • Options
    any recordings of these shows floating around?
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    any recordings of these shows floating around?

Madison and Victoria are around
  • Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 787
    PJ_Soul wrote:

He actually mixes his set lists like EV does, so seeing a set list isn't a spoiler in his case. :)

I'm a little saddened retroactively.... He seems to have really cut the Vancouver show short compared to all the other shows I'm seeing set lists for. There was only a one song encore (and it was ruined because Bhi sang EV's part in Hunger Strike and completely sucked at it). I don't understand why Chris cut it short. The crowd seemed pretty good to me... maybe I was missing something. :(

I have too noticed that the Vancouver set list was quite shorter than all of the other shows on this tour...it was still awesome, but we only got 3 Soundgarden songs :cry:
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options