Options

**Chris Cornell Solo Tour Roll Call**

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,562
    I have a Vancouver 5th row single for sale at face value, if anyone's interested. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    acharding wrote:
    Anyone else going solo? I'm feeling a little strange about going to this show all by my lonesome.
    I go to plenty of shows solo, and have had a blast at all of them. I'll be doing the Toronto show solo.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    acharding wrote:
    Anyone else going solo? I'm feeling a little strange about going to this show all by my lonesome.
    I go to plenty of shows solo, and have had a blast at all of them. I'll be doing the Toronto show solo.
    Me too! Well, except the Toronto part :)
  • Options
    acharding wrote:
    I was going to go to the show alone and was happy to do so... But, as you see from me post above trying to sell the single, a friend wants to go, so I'm giving up the single... with a pang of regret. Hey, you can't really talk during a concert anyway, so why not just go alone and take it in? :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    achardingacharding Posts: 359
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    acharding wrote:
    I was going to go to the show alone and was happy to do so... But, as you see from me post above trying to sell the single, a friend wants to go, so I'm giving up the single... with a pang of regret. Hey, you can't really talk during a concert anyway, so why not just go alone and take it in? :)

well seeing as I bought 3 singles, I would be sitting alone anyway!!! I just have a feeling that this is more of a "sit down and be quiet" kind of show. Oh well! I'm still gonna go, and it's going to be awesome!
  • Options
    acharding wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

well seeing as I bought 3 singles, I would be sitting alone anyway!!! I just have a feeling that this is more of a "sit down and be quiet" kind of show. Oh well! I'm still gonna go, and it's going to be awesome!
    I HOPE it's a sit down and be quiet show. That's what would be appropriate and how it would be best enjoyed I think... but I've heard that sometimes the crowds can be inappropriately rowdy for the music because of the Soundgarden thing (kinda like EV solo, from what I've gathered on a lot of the boots and vids) :roll:
  • Options
    I am amazed that Chris Cornell can take those soundgarden and audioslave songs and turn them into acoustic songs where it is appropriate to just sit, listen and appreciate instead of jump around and go crazy.
  • Options
    acharding wrote:
    I'm going solo as well. In fact, I looked for one ticket just for fun for the Massey Hall show in Toronto and to my shock, I got front row seat. I thought about not buying it only because I may feel a bit selfish (buying one instead of two) but I decided to buy it after deciding that this is a seat for the fans and not the scalpers. This will be the 2nd time I'm front row for Chris Cornell as I was front row at the Soundgarden show at Sound Academy in January.
  • Options
    Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,226
    San Diego on Tuesday!!!
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • Options
    two more weeks!!!
  • Options
    setlists so far are showing Cornell is playing a cover of the Song One, however it's the music of U2 One and lyrics from Metallica One. Gotta see this. Only Cornell can do something like this. Legend
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    setlists so far are showing Cornell is playing a cover of the Song One, however it's the music of U2 One and lyrics from Metallica One. Gotta see this. Only Cornell can do something like this. Legend

My head hurts from thinking about how to do that
  • Options
    Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,226
    In San Diego he covered "Billie Jean."
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • Options
    In San Diego he covered "Billie Jean."
    His cover of that song is awesome.
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Eugene tonight!!!
    #FHP
  • Options
    I don't want to be too spoiled about his setlist, but I hope he does that when he comes to Toronto on November 6.
  • Options
    Yes WayYes Way Posts: 453
    Horos wrote:
    Eugene tonight!!!

STOKED!!! I'm even OK missing part of an Oregon game for it.
    Apr 07, 1994/Oct 01, 1996/Jul 07, 1998/Jul 08, 1998/Aug 29, 1998/Aug 31, 1998/Sep 01, 1998/Sep 03, 1998/Sep 04, 1998/Sep 06, 1998/Jun 01, 2000/Jun 04, 2000/Jun 06, 2000/Oct 20, 2000/Oct 21, 2000/Oct 22, 2000/Oct 24, 2000/Oct 25, 2000/Oct 20, 2001/Oct 21, 2001/May 30, 2003/Jun 01, 2003/Jun 02, 2003/Jun 28, 2003/Jul 02, 2003/Oct 25, 2003/Jul 15, 2006/Jul 16, 2006/Jul 18, 2006/Jul 20, 2006/Jul 22, 2006/Jul 23, 2006/Sep 21, 2009/Sep 22, 2009/Sep 26, 2009/Sep 25, 2011
  • Options
    Tonight!!!! :D .... I actually ended up just giving my $88 ticket to someone for free. :? It's a sold out show, yet I could barely even give away a 5th row single. What the fuck Vancouver???? Oh well...... I made a pretty awesome friend of a friend/acquaintance of mine happy, anyway.... and I see many free drinks in my very near future. Good thing I booked tomorrow off work. :D
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Tonight!!!! :D .... I actually ended up just giving my $88 ticket to someone for free. :? It's a sold out show, yet I could barely even give away a 5th row single. What the fuck Vancouver???? Oh well...... I made a pretty awesome friend of a friend/acquaintance of mine happy, anyway.... and I see many free drinks in my very near future. Good thing I booked tomorrow off work. :D
    Have a great time!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I managed to sell one of my singles for St. Paul...pretty sure I am giving the other away :lol:
  • Options
    Some selected songs from Napa & San Francisco.
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbxIMXYBenS6n7r61Ob1wBjSDIEwsWipi
    http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/1783688
    "Come take my hand, and let yourself rely.
    Don't hold your breath, don't close your eyes.
    I've learned to breath and I've learned to fly.
    I've learned to see and I know I'm going higher."
  • Options
    I'll be seeing him on Saturday in Calgary! Also have 2 extra tickets if anyone is looking!
  • Options
    The show in Vancouver last night was fucking AMAZING!!!!!!! :D:clap:
  • Options
    That song blew my mind in Seattle.
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • Options
    Caveeze wrote:
    10/29 Winnipeg, MB @ Pantages Playhouse Theatre
    *Hugh Freaking Dillon (maybe there "wont" be a boot!)

??
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    That song blew my mind in Seattle.

Here is the version from Napa.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9l-6pVJyKA
    http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/1783688
    "Come take my hand, and let yourself rely.
    Don't hold your breath, don't close your eyes.
    I've learned to breath and I've learned to fly.
    I've learned to see and I know I'm going higher."
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Saw the Napa and SF shows, so f'n fun. That One thing was cool. Napa on a weds, sf on a Friday... Napa had a longer set list by 4-5 song, played til 11:20 or so. Napa a much smaller theater, like 800 seats. Prolly had the better setlist too. More banter.

But it was no comparison, the sf show was way better. Simply a more respectful crowd there for the music, aware of the music, knew all the songs and not just waiting for the hits. Folks were dressed up for a night out, Masonic center a pretty ritzy place, big ol banquet tables in the lobby set up as a huge bar.

And yet crowd was more wasted in napa, folks hollering through every song, lots of talking and trips to the bar and bathrooms. Cheering in the middle of songs like they don't know there's still quite a lot of sunshower left, just couldn't hear long passages of Chris doing his thing. And for all that, when a song slowly faded out in sf, when it was done ... Crowd was twice as nuts, twice as loud as napa (sure its a bigger venue...)

Napa was fun and I get it, you wanna let everyone know how much fun you're having, but it's really no fun when I'm hearing you more than Chris... And for the larger venue and all, napa was like seeing Chris in someone's garage while chugging beers. SF we were sitting in his living room sipping wine and feeling fine!

Near the end in napa, he grabbed the red phone and answered it saying, "hey, it's your dad. He says to shut the fuck up!"

King animal piece totally worked, dear prudence with a very cool calliope effect on the guitar was amazing. Dock of the bay in sf, fun fun. Lots of temple and he brought out the opener in sf to sing Ed's part. Played a song with his tech in napa. Man he is just really sweet in this format, listening to that epic voice just set against a bit of guitar ... Just perfect.
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    I go to St. Paul tomorrow!!!! So very excited
  • Options
    tonight. row freaking 2.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options