Options

**Chris Cornell Solo Tour Roll Call**

Comments

• Options
    AggAgg Posts: 462
    I'll be at the first Atlantic City show...this is the only thing keeping me from full out depression now that my PJ shows are all over.
    2013: Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2014: Cincinnati
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018: Krakow, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Boston 1, Boston 2
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Sunday, SUNDAAAAAAY :D Cannot wait! Well deserved end of a week full of work!
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Sorry I havent been updating guys... I forgot about this one.. maybe I will go back and do it;;

but, We will be in OHIO tis weekend!! yay 8-)
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    I just picked up a ticket (row F!) for Friday's show in Chicago.
  • Options
    unbelievable show. one of the best shows I've ever been to. I had to tell the guy in Row 1 right in front of me to shut his fucking phone off (he was recording video the entire first 3 songs with that stupid glow in my eyes). He had the nerve to ask "why?". I said "because it's fucking annoying". He stopped. then the guy beside him had to tell my buddy to shut the hell up. luckily he did, because I was about to do it. jesus christ, Chris Cornell is god to this guy, and he wouldn't shut up the entire time, talking to our other friend on the other side of him mostly, but also to me. I missed some of the between-song banter, and I love that stuff.

seriously, holding your damn phone at a sit down acoustic show and you are in row ONE. cherish the experience, not the fucking youtube hits you're hoping for later.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    unbelievable show. one of the best shows I've ever been to. I had to tell the guy in Row 1 right in front of me to shut his fucking phone off (he was recording video the entire first 3 songs with that stupid glow in my eyes). He had the nerve to ask "why?". I said "because it's fucking annoying". He stopped. then the guy beside him had to tell my buddy to shut the hell up. luckily he did, because I was about to do it. jesus christ, Chris Cornell is god to this guy, and he wouldn't shut up the entire time, talking to our other friend on the other side of him mostly, but also to me. I missed some of the between-song banter, and I love that stuff.

seriously, holding your damn phone at a sit down acoustic show and you are in row ONE. cherish the experience, not the fucking youtube hits you're hoping for later.
    HA! I was at a show once with a buddy of mine who just WOULD NOT SHUT HIS MOUTH. I basically was just ignoring him and nodding along as though I was listening. I really should have told him to knock it off.

After about a half hour, the guy in front of us finally told him enjoy the music. When he wanted to start arguing with the guy, I just looked at him and said. "He's right. Shut the fuck up."
  • Options
    if there was ONE flaw with this show, it was Chris's odd choice to do karaoke of himself on a couple tracks. He puts on a record of all the instrumental tracks, and sings to them. it was a really strange thing to do. although that turntable looked pretty sweet.

he teased us last night, starting to play Jesus Christ Pose acoustically. Then he stopped, saying "no, that's not going to work". My buddy nearly shit his pants when he started to play it.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    if there was ONE flaw with this show, it was Chris's odd choice to do karaoke of himself on a couple tracks. He puts on a record of all the instrumental tracks, and sings to them. it was a really strange thing to do. although that turntable looked pretty sweet.

he teased us last night, starting to play Jesus Christ Pose acoustically. Then he stopped, saying "no, that's not going to work". My buddy nearly shit his pants when he started to play it.
    Which track did he do it for? I've only seen him do this for When I'm Down, he has said in the past that he wanted to do it to the original piano music by Natasha Schneider who passed away in 2008. This was the version I saw and honestly blew my mind: http://youtu.be/lMVQI6lVPtE
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

Which track did he do it for? I've only seen him do this for When I'm Down, he has said in the past that he wanted to do it to the original piano music by Natasha Schneider who passed away in 2008. This was the version I saw and honestly blew my mind: http://youtu.be/lMVQI6lVPtE

well, context is everything I guess. Yes, it was When I'm Down, and it was to only piano. I had no idea it was Natasha's original part. He did one other one to the vinyl track that escapes me at the moment.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    I loved this review of his Carnegie Hall show from 2011: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/24/arts/ ... .html?_r=0

Chris has lost many friends in his lifetime, and I love the small tributes he pays to them on stage, sometimes without even mentioning. I appreciate Soundgarden shows, but I LOVE Chris solo and I will go see him every opportunity I get.
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    I loved this review of his Carnegie Hall show from 2011: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/24/arts/ ... .html?_r=0

Chris has lost many friends in his lifetime, and I love the small tributes he pays to them on stage, sometimes without even mentioning. I appreciate Soundgarden shows, but I LOVE Chris solo and I will go see him every opportunity I get.

ok, so now the red phone makes sense too. thanks suzie.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

ok, so now the red phone makes sense too. thanks suzie.
    :thumbup: :thumbup: Apparently given to him by Jeff Buckley's mother: http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/kala ... d_pho.html

I was really intrigued after that Carnegie Hall show (it was my 2nd time seeing him solo), I did a bunch of googling :)
  • Options
    HoltzmnHoltzmn Posts: 87
    Saw him last night in St Paul, he played for over 2.5 hours and did Footsteps! Not sure if he's done that before but it was a very nice surprise.
  • Options
    Holtzmn wrote:
    Saw him last night in St Paul, he played for over 2.5 hours and did Footsteps! Not sure if he's done that before but it was a very nice surprise.
    Oh wow, no way!!! I don't actually think he's done that before, how awesome is that!
  • Options
    HoltzmnHoltzmn Posts: 87
    Someone yelled out Reach Down at one point and he started to play it but said it was too hard to do. Still cool to hear.
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Agg wrote:
    I'll be at the first Atlantic City show...this is the only thing keeping me from full out depression now that my PJ shows are all over.

:thumbup: Me too!
    Maybe I'll see you on the blackjack tables before the show! 8-):)
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    Holtzmn wrote:

DAMMIT. I was going to yell that out during the Peg show but didn't for fear of being heckled!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Holtzmn wrote:

DAMMIT. I was going to yell that out during the Peg show but didn't for fear of being heckled!
    I think Chris likes the audience calling out, he seems to talk back to people. Just don't do what this girl did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PyBQf3C-_A
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,559
    Suziemay wrote:
    Holtzmn wrote:

I think Chris likes the audience calling out, he seems to talk back to people. Just don't do what this girl did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PyBQf3C-_A
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::clap:

1:15 or so. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    achardingacharding Posts: 359
    Suziemay wrote:
    Holtzmn wrote:
    Oh wow, no way!!! I don't actually think he's done that before, how awesome is that!

I thought he was going to play Times of Trouble...but nope...he went for Footsteps and I about lost my mind. It was incredible...I would say better than Eddie, but I don't want to get kicked out of the 10 club.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,559
    One of the highlights from Vancouver for me was "Imagine". It was amazingly beautiful. :) And he made us feel.special, lol. he said he started playing it the night before in Victoria, but it just didn'tnfeel right, so he stopped, but it felt right that night, and I'm glad it did.... I think he might play that one a lot, but I was still thrilled to hear it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    achardingacharding Posts: 359
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    One of the highlights from Vancouver for me was "Imagine". It was amazingly beautiful. :) And he made us feel.special, lol. he said he started playing it the night before in Victoria, but it just didn'tnfeel right, so he stopped, but it felt right that night, and I'm glad it did.... I think he might play that one a lot, but I was still thrilled to hear it.

He closed with Imagine...and let me tell you, I had a tear in my eye and a huge smile on my face! I HATE when people cover Imagine. I love the song so much. However, the cover that he does is mind blowing. I can't get enough!! If I had to pick a song that I really had to hear, it would have been Imagine...and it did not disappoint.
  • Options
    Holtzmn wrote:
    St Paul review: http://blogs.citypages.com/gimmenoise/2 ... review.php
  • Options
    chicago tonight! one of my friends is supposed to back him on sun shower. hopefully it all works out and wish I could go.
  • Options
    yeah, he was playing a bunch of songs people were yelling out. Still kicking myself for not yelling out Footsteps.

:fp:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    edited November 2013
    SOLD
    Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    yeah, he was playing a bunch of songs people were yelling out. Still kicking myself for not yelling out Footsteps.

:fp:
    You know if you had yelled it out he would not have played it anyway and then you would have been kicking yourself for yelling out :mrgreen:

My sense from going to Chris shows is he rarely plays something unrehearsed. I feel like he switches up the order on the setlist, but rarely changes it dramatically. He seems like a perfectionist to me so he wouldn't try a song that he didn't already know he could sing and kill it.

If that helps you feel better :D
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Outstanding in Chicago last night! That One mash up was f'ing brilliant!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Outstanding in Chicago last night! That One mash up was f'ing brilliant!!

I didnt care for that, but maybe it will be better once I listen to it again.

Bones of Birds, people. Bones of Birds!

First time in about 10 solo shows that I've gotten to hear Getaway Car as well. Excellent show! Chris was amazing as usual. And yes, he played Spoonman acoustic, unfortunately, because someone yelled it out. It was unique, but I would have preferred Outshined, which is amazing acoustic by him.

Chicago:

Silence the Voices
    Scar on the Sky
    Can't Change Me
    You Know My Name
    Dandelion
    Original Fire
    Wide Awake
    Bones of Birds
    #1 Zero
    Spoonman
    Sunshower
    Halfway There
    Fell on Black Days
    Seasons
    The Day I Tried to Live
    Man of Golden Words/Comfortably Numb
    Wooden Jesus
    Call Me a Dog
    Hunger Strike
    Getaway Car
    When I'm Down
    One
    Redemption Song
    I Am the Highway
    Thank You
    Doesn't Remind Me

Encore:
    Blow Up the Outside World
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Cannot wait for tomorrow :corn: