Child-free Women

1235»

Comments

• LosientoLosiento Posts: 282
    I enjoy being child free now. My kids are grown and now just have to kick them back into the game once in while when they get a bit "needy".
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    People with children should pay more taxes, not get brakes, your child contributes nothing, just takes takes takes, you love em so much, pay for em! lets put a price tag on your love. :twisted:

Ya know I have to say it kills me when I see how much of my taxes go to a school district that I'll never use :fp:

so youre saying you don't want to contribute to an educated society just because you choose to be kid free??? :think:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    People with children should pay more taxes, not get brakes, your child contributes nothing, just takes takes takes, you love em so much, pay for em! lets put a price tag on your love. :twisted:

Ya know I have to say it kills me when I see how much of my taxes go to a school district that I'll never use :fp:

so youre saying you don't want to contribute to an educated society just because you choose to be kid free??? :think:

Yes!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    Mamasan23 wrote:

but having a strong school district helps your community and yourself even if you don't have kids. having a strong school district has a huge impact on home values which in turn will lead to more tax revenue for your area which leads to better services. paying taxes into a good school district in the long run helps you even if you never use that school district. now if you live in an area with a lousy school district...well then maybe you have a point.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    Yeah, I don't mind paying taxes into the education system at all. I want the children in my society to get a good education. That benefits us ALL a lot. Plus, we were all kids once, and other people paid taxes so that we could get an education, so it only seems fair that everyone does the same once we're grown ups.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul wrote:
    Yeah, I don't mind paying taxes into the education system at all. I want the children in my society to get a good education. That benefits us ALL a lot. Plus, we were all kids once, and other people paid taxes so that we could get an education, so it only seems fair that everyone does the same once we're grown ups.
    yes, i view it as paying it forward, because somebody paid for my public school education, i owe it to the next generation to do the same.

and i don't have kids.

i gotta get a date first....

:oops: :oops:
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    yes, i view it as paying it forward, because somebody paid for my public school education, i owe it to the next generation to do the same.

and i don't have kids.

i gotta get a date first....

:oops: :oops:
    :lol: Yeah, I hear ya. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    PJ_Soul wrote:

It's Emotional Black Mail, They'll grow up and take our jobs!!! Also my local mall is running out of parking places :x
    PJ_Soul wrote:

It's Emotional Black Mail, They'll grow up and take our jobs!!! Also my local mall is running out of parking places :x
    :fp: :lol:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

yeah I think I read mamasans post incorrectly. :-?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I went to Catholic school...maybe why I see it differently?

TBT...if I did have kids....they would NOT be going to Catholic school :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    I think this guy is my soul mate!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    edited August 2013
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

You went to Catholic school?? That explains everything!! :lol:;) :wave:

I could not resist, sorry. :lol:

I can see how that would change your viewpoint.
    Well hey, at least we don't have to pay for the actual at home costs for the kids, right? :D :thumbup:

(not to say that I don't appreciate the fulfillment that parents do get from their children)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

You went to Catholic school?? That explains everything!! :lol:;) :wave:

I could not resist, sorry. :lol:

I can see how that would change your viewpoint.
    Well hey, at least we don't have to pay for the actual kids, right? :D :thumbup:
    Hahah yeah did wonders for me clearly!

All that money wasted :fp: :lol:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

yeah I think I read mamasans post incorrectly. :-?

Mamasan23 wrote:

guess I didn't. *shrugs*
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • I went to a Lutheran school for a few years.

Got in trouble for swearing a lot. particularly in 4th grade
    I went to public school but I got kicked out of religion class for asking questions more times than my form master was comfortable with. I of course was annoyed that my questions went unanswered.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,793
    I went to public school but I got kicked out of religion class for asking questions more times than my form master was comfortable with. I of course was annoyed that my questions went unanswered.
    religious class in a public school?

Hmm, thats a difference from here in the states. No religion class in public schools which are taxpayer funded. Vs a religious school which is tuition based.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    I went to a public school but I always wanted to go to Religious class, all the kids would come back with little plastic animals ( I'm guessing Noah's Ark related?). I forged a note from Mum to go and they gave me a little religious story book instead. :evil: I took it home, Mum found it and went off her nut and chucked it in the bin. :lol:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
    My mom tried sending me to Sunday school for some reason when I was maybe 5, and the next week when she tried to take me again I threw the biggest tantrum of my life because I hated it so much, and she never sent me back again. :lol:
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    I feel like this girl hijacked my brain and wrote an article. http://thoughtcatalog.com/2013/on-being-a-woman-who-doesnt-want-children/
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
    samjam wrote:
    I feel like this girl hijacked my brain and wrote an article. http://thoughtcatalog.com/2013/on-being-a-woman-who-doesnt-want-children/
    You and me both...what a great article!!! I HATE when people tell me I'm going to change my mind. I think I know me better than you.
  • It is courageous. More people should acknowledge that it doesn't fit with who they are.
    Lollapalooza @ Great Woods 8-8-92~~CU Field House 11-26-93~~Red Rocks 6-20-95~~Randall's Island 9-28-96~~Randall's Island 9-29-96~~Columbia, Maryland 9-24-96~~EV solo Hartford, CT 6-18-11~~EV solo Albuquerque, NM 11-6-12~~ Denver 10-22-2014~~Fenway II 8-7-2016
    samjam wrote:
    The person who wrote that may or may not change her mind. She is only 23. If she were 33 I'd say sure, she will probably never change her mind on this particular issue (but maybe).
    I could have written this article when I was 23. But by the time I was 28 I had changed my mind. (and when I was 35 I changed my mind again... hey, who knows, maybe I'll change it again! Each time I have been very comfortable with my decision... shit just changes profoundly sometimes as life moves along. That is a good thing.). I don't really think anyone can usually really state whether or not they will ever change their minds... I am not quite sure why anyone would ever want to make such an assersion. I would think that it's better to always leave all options wide open even when we feel with complete confidence that we've made our final decision and express that decision. No shame in changing ones mind IMO, and nothing wrong with never changing it either. That said, so what if they do or don't change their mind?? Either way, it is simply them making their own decisions. I really think that people who act as though women or men who choose not to have kids have a big fat nerve acting as though that choice isn't okay for for someone to make. It pisses me off.