Comments

• Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    supply and demand. :fp:
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    Tboz51 wrote:
    PH20 wrote:
    If 10c or band is truly trying to make $ off this, why wouldn't they print 4x the amount? The insane resale prices don't help the band at all other than potentially keeping the perception of demand high.

You think they opened 4 merch booths on 4 corners outside of Wrigley because they wanted to give out free stuff?

They absolutely want to make money like all people do at some level or another.

Posters are a part of the goods... I'd guess they limit 2 posters each to not run out as quickly and sell shirts or whatever.

I think they want to keep it to a limit (my opinion) to keep it special to those who have the stuff.

How about the theory that fans had asked for merch to be available before the show so they could buy things like posters before the show and put it in their car/hotel room, etc... so they could actually sit back and enjoy the show without holding a handful of merch?

If this was a money grab by the 10c then why would they lower the price from 35 to 30 and try to make it the same cost as those that went to Wrigley (after shipping and handling).

I know I was lucky and happy to be able to get the merch I wanted the day before the show so that day I didn't have to walk around with anything. Also, I saw long lines at the merch tent during the show. The craziest thing I saw was after a 3 hour rain delay, people actually ran to the merch tent instead of their seats. I thought that was beyond crazy.

If they only sold stuff inside then people would complain that they spent 3 hours in line and missed the whole show or that it rained and their posters got ruined, etc... People are going to complain no matter what they do. I do like the option for people to buy a poster before the show if they got 10c tickets. The problem there will be that people will pre-order the poster and then they will hate the poster. LOL.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    JB128716 wrote:
    Serious question....

I realize many waited in lines for three days and were shutout.
    At the same time, today they sold extras from the show.
    Finally, we did have a three hour rain delay at the show.

Here's my question and I really don't know the answer, but couldn't you have bought a poster during the three hour rain delay?

I know the tent on the field was closed but I think the other ones were open. I was fortunate to get my stuff via the travel package and was just sitting in my seats during the delay.

The merch stands inside WRigley had sold out of just about everything by the time of the delay.
  • Options
    Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    They did give us an advance warning: An email. I saw the email come in, went to the Ten Club shop and placed an order.
    Of course, I've missed out on some great things before. But I've never felt entitled enough to spend as much energy whining about it as many of the people in this forum. I guess I don't understand those who do. Even if I had missed the email, I would have thought it was done fairly.
    You didn't get it. Sorry. One suggestion: Move on.
    Running a "huge lot" of them is not something you can do with silkscreen gig posters for a one-night event.
    I don't know how many times that has been explained around here. It must have been hundreds.
    Bottom line, in the grand scheme of the universe, these are white girl problems.[/quote]

I'm not sure why you decided my post was the one to vent your mysognistic viewpoint on. However, I have been collecting posters of shows I've attended since the 90's and while I don't perceive myself as an expert on the subject, I tried to find a reasonable solution as did many others here. I do not "hang out" here enough to know the particulars of how posters are printed and do not think it's even necessary in order to have an opinion or express dissatisfaction over the way something is handled in a club I also pay dues to support. Some of us have lives, jobs, and children and do not have time to sit on the net waiting for an email from here that some item's in stock and on sale NOW. All I stated was perhaps an 24 hour alert would have allowed many of us ample time to react to the message, as did most of the artists when they sold the A/P's. many of us did not even recieve our emails until they were already sold out. I don't believe I was "whining" but expressing my point of view. Seems to me you did the same thing from your perspective. You were not even at the show so you did not experience the heat and frustration many of us felt trying to purchase items we collect, not flip, at a show WE attended. Yes, in the grand scheme of things it isn't a big deal, but identifying my opinion as a "white girl problem" is derisive and downright rude![/quote]

I think you're missing my point, brother.
    I have a life with a family, a crazy busy career and a car to wash. We're all luck that way. And we're lucky sometimes when just happen to see the email for some piece of PJ merch we'd like to own. That's all it is. I've been to all corners of the globe, and I can tell you we're blessed to have lives where we can dedicate energy to something like this or that. It's all luck.
    I was speaking to the collective. Don't let your ego kick your id's butt.[/quote]

Perhaps when stating something for the "collective", you don't use my post, singularly! Identifying a problem as "white girl" one is bigoted and mysognistic. Maybe you should read what you've written before you post as most folks only know the person presented on line. For someone who has been around the world, you certainly present things in a very narrow minded manner. I have no idea what you even mean by your last comment except that its your attempt at being snarky. Whatever, enjoy your posters and just because you don't recognize a person's ID here does not mean they haven't been in the 'pit' for a long time. Some of us chose to change our usernames as the years went by.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    I missed the poster sale because I was on the golf course. It was a good day.

In my opinion, except for maybe the Shuss, these are four posters that if they were made for the Dallas - OKC - Phoenix - San Diego run of shows would still be for sale in Goods a week later. Funny how much of a role the location/event changed the collectibility of the posters.
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    JB128716 wrote:
    Tboz51 wrote:
    PH20 wrote:
    If 10c or band is truly trying to make $ off this, why wouldn't they print 4x the amount? The insane resale prices don't help the band at all other than potentially keeping the perception of demand high.

You think they opened 4 merch booths on 4 corners outside of Wrigley because they wanted to give out free stuff?

They absolutely want to make money like all people do at some level or another.

Posters are a part of the goods... I'd guess they limit 2 posters each to not run out as quickly and sell shirts or whatever.

I think they want to keep it to a limit (my opinion) to keep it special to those who have the stuff.

How about the theory that fans had asked for merch to be available before the show so they could buy things like posters before the show and put it in their car/hotel room, etc... so they could actually sit back and enjoy the show without holding a handful of merch?

If this was a money grab by the 10c then why would they lower the price from 35 to 30 and try to make it the same cost as those that went to Wrigley (after shipping and handling).

I know I was lucky and happy to be able to get the merch I wanted the day before the show so that day I didn't have to walk around with anything. Also, I saw long lines at the merch tent during the show. The craziest thing I saw was after a 3 hour rain delay, people actually ran to the merch tent instead of their seats. I thought that was beyond crazy.

If they only sold stuff inside then people would complain that they spent 3 hours in line and missed the whole show or that it rained and their posters got ruined, etc... People are going to complain no matter what they do. I do like the option for people to buy a poster before the show if they got 10c tickets. The problem there will be that people will pre-order the poster and then they will hate the poster. LOL.

I understand your point of view.

I just see this band with a wealth of stuff on sale in here.

They don't care who they sale stuff to, I don't think.

I think things like posters have to be sold at the show first just due to so many that are idle in the gallery now.

Soft sales at shows happen too.
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    In my opinion, except for maybe the Shuss, these are four posters that if they were made for the Dallas - OKC - Phoenix - San Diego run of shows would still be for sale in Goods a week later. Funny how much of a role the location/event changed the collectibility of the posters.

Great point!
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    How about allow the 10 club members to pre-order posters for their shows, sight unseen. You now know x amount are sold and paid for and more can be made at their discretion. Avid fans get their posters, flippers are thwarted, non member fans have an opportunity to buy at the show, and the 10c may get some more "dues paying members"...or at the time of ticket purchase, have an option to buy a poster in addition to your tickets for an additional $fill in the blank.
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181

Great point!

I do like the Ames print. The variant is even more badass. Munk and Emek have definitely done better work though
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,517
    morgie2 wrote:
    How about allow the 10 club members to pre-order posters for their shows, sight unseen. You now know x amount are sold and paid for and more can be made at their discretion. Avid fans get their posters, flippers are thwarted, non member fans have an opportunity to buy at the show, and the 10c may get some more "dues paying members"...or at the time of ticket purchase, have an option to buy a poster in addition to your tickets for an additional $fill in the blank.

This is the best, and most logical suggestion I've read on this thread, and possibly this entire forum. I would be one of the people buying the poster, sight unseen if/when I won the lottery for 10c tickets.

Worst case scenario: I really didn't like the poster after seeing it, I could donate it to the next Wishlist fundraiser, or try to trade it here.

I'll take that chance any day of the week.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,169
    morgie2 wrote:
    i believe preoreders foe all is the best idea..
    after the show,you saw the poster already .next day 10c open preorders give a week to fans-memebrs
    print as many posters needed,and end of story..all want it gets it,no petition for restock,10c gets more money cos always more want them that how many they usually print..
    and NO ONE need to got to flippers.you kill the secondary market...alll will know that no need to rush.,.,ill preorder it from the club for 30$
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    morgie2 wrote:
    Good point...enough with the sold out items that after a week pop up in the Lost Dogs with double price "because i dont have enough room on my walls.." Let everyone who really wants an item to actually use it, buy it at a face value price.
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    I was lucky enough to get mine FROM the show. MEMORIES!!!
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."