Options

Wrigley Posters now in shop

Comments

• Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    ryanjp2323 wrote:
    now to drop a couple of hun on framing. :fp:

i think i have a problem!

I feel your pain. I don't have many concert posters, but the ones I have were professionally framed for little over $100 each. The framing business is not cheap, however, they do a great job though. At least the lady I take it to does.
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    All posters have sold out.
    slh

balls.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,135
    Oh well missed out. Got the email after 1pm and already sold out. Bummer.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    kg162716kg162716 Posts: 567
    Heard my iPad email alert go off and clicked right away...Managed to score all four!!!!!!!
    I wasn't even at the show, lol...hopefully they will be good trade bait....
    Toronto '03, Boston '04, Halifax '05, Boston 1&2 '06, Mansfield 1&2 '08, Boston '10, Toronto 1&2 '11, Brooklyn 1&2 13, Sao Paulo '15, Brasilia '15, Belo Horizonte '15, Rio '15, Quebec '16, Fenway '1&2 16', Seattle 1 & 2 18', Quebec ‘22
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    I did get a confirmation email for the Ames saying my order has been submitted for processing. Hopefully I get my print. :corn:
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,895
    kg162716 wrote:
    Heard my iPad email alert go off and clicked right away...Managed to score all four!!!!!!!

:shock: That'll go over well...
  • Options
    ryanjp2323 wrote:

I feel your pain. I don't have many concert posters, but the ones I have were professionally framed for little over $100 each. The framing business is not cheap, however, they do a great job though. At least the lady I take it to does.

Nice. Are they matted? What kind of glass? I don't have anywhere around here that cheap. If I knew what the fuck YINS was, I'd pay a visit.
  • Options
    kg162716 wrote:

I can actually FEEL you gloating through the computer.
  • Options
    ryanjp2323 wrote:

$100 each is a pretty good deal, a real good deal if you are getting mats and UV plexi and better than an average frame. If you are let me know as I might have them do my stuff....
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    Missed out on getting one. Sigh...
  • Options
    kg162716 wrote:

I can actually FEEL you gloating through the computer.

"How to Make Enemies: Lesson 1"
  • Options
    kg162716 wrote:

:lol:

tumblr_m7gnifpjdp1qin34v.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Kase and Omaha, don't worry....They will go through here....Ive just picked em up,for some body that missed

Thats not nice Pullin! Lol
    But I could have worded my post more carefully, not my intention to rub salt...
    Post edited by kg162716 on
    Toronto '03, Boston '04, Halifax '05, Boston 1&2 '06, Mansfield 1&2 '08, Boston '10, Toronto 1&2 '11, Brooklyn 1&2 13, Sao Paulo '15, Brasilia '15, Belo Horizonte '15, Rio '15, Quebec '16, Fenway '1&2 16', Seattle 1 & 2 18', Quebec ‘22
  • Options
    j_web18j_web18 Posts: 186
    Got lucky and got all 4..... 1 day after my wife dropped eBay prices for the Shuss for my bday. Oh well, great surprise.

Shout out to @PJStatTracker for the heads up. They tweeted as soon as the sale started, wouldn't have known otherwise.
    4-22-2003 St Louis, 10-5-2004 St Louis, 5-16/17-2006 Chicago, 6-24-2006 Cincinnati, 8-5-2007 Lollapalooza, 6-14-2008 Bonnaroo, 8-22-2008 EV Chicago, 6-18-2009 EV Nashville, 8-23/24-2009 Chicago, 9-21-22-2009 Seattle, 5-4-2010 St Louis, 5-7-2010 Indy, 7-1/2011 EV St Louis, 9-3-2011 Alpine, 7-19-2013 Wrigley
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,517
    edited August 2013
    Damn, I wanted the Cracker Jack, and would have grabbed an Emek if it was available. Too late for both.

No complaints, I got the "Dirty Frank" by Munk One at the show (and scored a flag) so I'm a happy camper, but I still would have loved to get the Cracker Jack for my fiancé, that was her favorite.

EDIT: Probably better off as I didn't need to spend $75 dollars on posters today.
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    pulling69 wrote:
    kg162716 wrote:

So what if that is the intention? I did the same with PJ20 posters and the deal worked great, I got a white backspacer and the other person got PJ20 posters. Win-Win
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    kg162716 wrote:
    Kase and Omaha, don't worry....They will go through here....Ive just picked em up,for some body that missed

"How to Attempt to Recoup Reputation: Lesson 1 - Apply a Thin Coat of Post-Gloat BS"
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Glad I was able to get one of the cracker jack ones earlier this week, right place, right time I guess, fortunately. Here is a thought, and I'm not sure if these were just left over posters sitting in a warehouse, and if so I guess my questioning is how were these left over but not available at the show at Wrigley then? On the other hand if these are ones that are being made as they are ordered (made to order) why is it a limited qty? You have the original print file saved, why not just make extra copies of the poster so all can get what they want? I think most members would be fine waiting longer for them to ship with the understanding it would take time to make them. Just a thought to try and please all members so they can get what they want. I understand tickets have limited supply, but posters I would think could be made to order as it's just printing a file (maybe it is more complicated than that, I don't know as I'm not in that business). I appreciate all you guys do and just trying to get an understanding on this and give a suggestion so the majority of members can be happy.

Thanks!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,072
    :? I just got the email. If anyone is intrested in selling an extra Shuss Ames or Emek, hit me up.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,517
    Posters are no longer showing at all in the shop.
  • Options
    kg162716 wrote:
    just might have worded your post differently. gloat was ALL over it.
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    Balls, 7 hours in line at Wrigley and missed out and picked the wrong time to cut the grass today apparently.
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    october22 wrote:
    Nice. Are they matted? What kind of glass? I don't have anywhere around here that cheap. If I knew what the fuck YINS was, I'd pay a visit.

:lol: Yins is Pittsburgh / Western PA...They are not matted, however, you can choose that option if you like...i get this glass (i forget what it is called) that has no reflection and it kinda looks like there is no glass there...it cost a little extra, but I think it looks better....the shop I use is called Art & Frame Gallery located in hermitage, PA
  • Options
    NWGaEagle wrote:
    Balls, 7 hours in line at Wrigley and missed out and picked the wrong time to cut the grass today apparently.

fuckin' grass.
  • Options
    PSUS2H wrote:
    pulling69 wrote:
    kg162716 wrote:

So what if that is the intention? I did the same with PJ20 posters and the deal worked great, I got a white backspacer and the other person got PJ20 posters. Win-Win

My posted pic is more of a comment toward his wording, which he already acknowledged as not being the best. No bad feelings here.
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    when will they sell the baseball cards? I need a pack, bad!
  • Options
    pureoc wrote:
    Glad I was able to get one of the cracker jack ones earlier this week, right place, right time I guess, fortunately. Here is a thought, and I'm not sure if these were just left over posters sitting in a warehouse, and if so I guess my questioning is how were these left over but not available at the show at Wrigley then? On the other hand if these are ones that are being made as they are ordered (made to order) why is it a limited qty? You have the original print file saved, why not just make extra copies of the poster so all can get what they want? I think most members would be fine waiting longer for them to ship with the understanding it would take time to make them. Just a thought to try and please all members so they can get what they want. I understand tickets have limited supply, but posters I would think could be made to order as it's just printing a file (maybe it is more complicated than that, I don't know as I'm not in that business). I appreciate all you guys do and just trying to get an understanding on this and give a suggestion so the majority of members can be happy.

Thanks!

I get your point, why not just keep pumping them out, but...
    The pressing plates for the whole PJ discography are still around, including Benny... why not just keep them in print? The allure of PJ is being a collector and the hunt associated with it.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    october22 wrote:

:lol: Yins is Pittsburgh / Western PA...They are not matted, however, you can choose that option if you like...i get this glass (i forget what it is called) that has no reflection and it kinda looks like there is no glass there...it cost a little extra, but I think it looks better....the shop I use is called Art & Frame Gallery located in hermitage, PA

Haha, thanks! All good info :)

That's museum glass which is nice! Good work!
  • Options
    My posted pic is more of a comment toward his wording, which he already acknowledged as not being the best. No bad feelings here.

I got ya, the pic is incredible though!
  • Options
    October, no bullshit here.....Ill trade you right now for 2 Brooklyn night twos