Options

Big Day Out 2014– Aust&NZ– Pre-partys, Travel Info&Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    hi there, where do you get the information on links for the tickets and passwords, i can't see it on here

thanks

niki
    Niki K
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    hi there, where do you get the information on links for the tickets and passwords, i can't see it on here

thanks

niki

Hi Niki,

10C are emailing that information out now.
    You should get it soon.

Cheers.
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,354

thanks

niki
    check your email,10c sent to all the members,infos-password etc
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Miss ColadaMiss Colada Posts: 167
    Hey I'm real glad Pearl Jam are heading to Oz in the summer but I won't be going.
    Big Day Out is so far from an ideal environment to see these guys. Even though there are some decent other bands on the bill, I can't handle paying that much essentially just to see Pearl Jam while being surrounded by 30000+ wankers that think Flume is the greatest thing to happen to music (no offence Flume!).
    Hopefully some folks will get to see PJ for the first time and really enjoy it.

Hey i love Flume ;) because Saturday night at Splendour all the kiddies flocked to see Flume (playing at the same time) and cleared the stage for The National - twas fabulous :D:D:D
    1995 • 2006 • 2009 • Adelaide
    2007 • Wembley - London
    2009 • Melbourne
    2010 • Madison Square Garden
  • Options
    jodie0770jodie0770 Posts: 1
    Hey Jodes
    Also Airbnb would be good option for people travelling and I know in Adelaide that trains, buses etc run near the event.
    If people are looking for accom in Brisbane that you know - I have room and they can stay here for free. Just let me know who they are and that you know them and all will be good.
    Let me know if I can help out in anyway
    Thanks Jodie Eade
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    jodie0770 wrote:
    Hey Jodes
    Also Airbnb would be good option for people travelling and I know in Adelaide that trains, buses etc run near the event.
    If people are looking for accom in Brisbane that you know - I have room and they can stay here for free. Just let me know who they are and that you know them and all will be good.
    Let me know if I can help out in anyway
    Thanks Jodie Eade

Thanks Jodes :) Love ya!
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,365
    i remember riding the flume at sea world 20 years ago. that's all ive got.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    twojawastwojawas Posts: 318
    mauseum wrote:
    is it possible to be reluctant and excited at the same time?
    How about saddened and disappointed?

They may be my favourite musicians but I won't be shelling out $185 just to see them, at a terrible venue filled with drunken idiots.

I hear you.
  • Options
    MangoMango Brisbane, Australia (via Dublin, Ireland) Posts: 1,049
    Over a year ago I left Ireland for a new life Down Under. That summer while I was on the way over via India I missed a PJ Euro tour. The year before that EV toured solo shows over here so I was a year too early. I'll be damned if Im missing out on anything Pearl Jam next year!

I don't care if there are kids everywhere, drunk, stoned, whatever. The Kids Are Alright. I'll be too busy rocking out to some Lightening Bolt tracks!!!

Very.
    Excited.
    8-)
    "Life comes from within your heart and desire"
  • Options
    MangoMango Brisbane, Australia (via Dublin, Ireland) Posts: 1,049
    I'm thinking Gold Coast, Sydney 1 & 2 in the pre-sale tomorrow and then we will take it from there when I see whats what in a few months.
    "Life comes from within your heart and desire"
  • Options
    Hey I'm real glad Pearl Jam are heading to Oz in the summer but I won't be going.
    Big Day Out is so far from an ideal environment to see these guys. Even though there are some decent other bands on the bill, I can't handle paying that much essentially just to see Pearl Jam while being surrounded by 30000+ wankers that think Flume is the greatest thing to happen to music (no offence Flume!).
    Hopefully some folks will get to see PJ for the first time and really enjoy it.

Hey i love Flume ;) because Saturday night at Splendour all the kiddies flocked to see Flume (playing at the same time) and cleared the stage for The National - twas fabulous :D:D:D
    Ha. Yeh, that's a good trade-off!
    I really have nothing against Flume, but after watching his One Night Stand set, I was underwhelmed by the live version of what he does. But the kids still loved it. I would give anything to see the National. They are on my bucket list with modest Mouse and Andrew bird.
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    It's far less than an hour from the city to homebush by train. Direct services to Olympic park will be running on the day. Central, Redfern, Strathfield, olympic park. About 20-25 minutes
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    I've never gone to another country for a concert... almost considering it... will be going to the Auckland one but thinking about going to another one. Hate traveling alone though
    Pearl Jam Pearl Jam Pearl Jam!

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
  • Options
    Miss ColadaMiss Colada Posts: 167
    Hey i love Flume ;) because Saturday night at Splendour all the kiddies flocked to see Flume (playing at the same time) and cleared the stage for The National - twas fabulous :D:D:D[/quote]
    Ha. Yeh, that's a good trade-off!
    I really have nothing against Flume, but after watching his One Night Stand set, I was underwhelmed by the live version of what he does. But the kids still loved it. I would give anything to see the National. They are on my bucket list with modest Mouse and Andrew bird.[/quote]

You must, must, must see The National live. I have had the pleasure to see them four times over the years, the first time Massey Hall in 2010. That trip was organised around my bucket list of seeing PJ at MSG & The National gig nearly blew PJ MSG out of the water.... :o:o :shock:
    1995 • 2006 • 2009 • Adelaide
    2007 • Wembley - London
    2009 • Melbourne
    2010 • Madison Square Garden
  • Options
    your move nowyour move now Posts: 1,165
    I've never gone to another country for a concert... almost considering it... will be going to the Auckland one but thinking about going to another one. Hate traveling alone though

really? I prefer travelling alone, you'll meet other people anyway and it'snice not to be tied to anyone
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    I was about to ask if you were mad enough to do all the shows Jodie, but then i remembered your effort queuing all last tour in Europe 8-)

You are a brave girl if you are going to attempt it. I'll see you at both Sydney 8-) I'm saving my cash for the next euro run!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    I'm in for Perth, maybe Adelaide or Melbourne too :D
  • Options
    rubysoho_rubysoho_ Posts: 22
    Put me down for Melbourne and Adelaide :D

Come to Melbourne and/or Adelaide and hang out with me! Travelling alone is fun!
    21/11/06 Adelaide, 17/11/09 Adelaide, 22/11/09 Sydney, Eddie Vedder solo: Melbourne 24/3/11, Melbourne 25/3/11, Adelaide 27/3/11, Adelaide 28/3/11
  • Options
    jodiemjodiem Posts: 133
    I'll do Sydney 1 and 2 and maybe Perth, Melbourne and Adelaide...

But after the West Coast tour of the US, I wont have many holidays and hardly any cash! :) :fp:
    1995: Perth
    2006: Sydney x 2
    2009: Philly, Sydney
    2013: San Diego, LA1 & 2, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Vancouver, Seattle

EV Solo - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney x 2
  • Options
    rubysoho_rubysoho_ Posts: 22

Adelaide has public transport around the area of the festival.

Can others confirm the shuttle situation for other cities??

In past years when the Big Day Out was held at Wayville Showgrounds in Adelaide there were free buses back into the city, i'm guessing there will be the same thing next year from Bonython Park. There is a tram stop at Bonython Park that goes back into the city (which is free) or you can go the whole way to Glenelg. Taxis after the Big Day Out are always a nightmare.
    21/11/06 Adelaide, 17/11/09 Adelaide, 22/11/09 Sydney, Eddie Vedder solo: Melbourne 24/3/11, Melbourne 25/3/11, Adelaide 27/3/11, Adelaide 28/3/11
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    The email I got tonight from Big Day Out said there would be no other shows so it looks like I'll be buying tickets for the Gold Coast BDO tomorrow morning. :shock: :)
  • Options
    bramnieskensbramnieskens The Netherlands Posts: 101
    I am going to buy a ticket for one show in Sydney. But I need to see them at one other show so can you Aussies help me out? As I am from The Netherlands I have totally no clue what the cheapest and best options are
    Which is the best and cheapest travel option from Sydney? Would love to go to Auckland too but think that is a little too expensive..

2007: Nijmegen
    2010: Nijmegen
    2012: Amsterdam 1
    2013: Los Angeles 1 & 2
    2014: Gold Coast
    2018: Amsterdam 1 & 2, Prague, Krakow, Berlin

• Options
    mj351mj351 Posts: 218
    E.K wrote:
    The email I got tonight from Big Day Out said there would be no other shows so it looks like I'll be buying tickets for the Gold Coast BDO tomorrow morning. :shock: :)

Bugger, just re-read the same email. Worded the same for RHCP last year who did not play any other shows. So I'll lock in Melbourne and maybe one other.. Sydney or Adelaide??

Melbourne - 16/3/95, 5/3/98, 18/2/03, 20/2/03, 13/11/06, 16/11/06, 20/11/09, EV 24/3/11 EV 25/3/11, 24/1/14, ....
  • Options
    LisbrLisbr Posts: 11
    Little disappointed that we won't get to see PJ play at the new Perth Arena, but am really looking forward to hearing songs from the new record. I will be going solo to all shows, except Auckland and Gold Coast (if I can get tickets!)
  • Options
    Interesting article on FL:

"On Pearl Jam:
    We spent a lot of time going through things with Pearl Jam because they’ve always wanted to do the show and obviously they’re very cautious about how they do things. We were lucky enough that it felt right for them and it certainly felt right for us.

Charlie Jones at C3 [Presents, BDO co-promoters] is really good friends with Eddie [Vedder]. He hung out with him on the weekend at that cyclone in Chicago. They had 40 000 people, they had to stop the set for two hour and didn’t finish until 2 o’clock in the morning. [Charlie] saw him the next day and all he could talk about was how excited he was to play the Big Day Out. Blur are doing the same thing. That’s what you want. That’s what I need more than anything; real artists to be genuinely excited about being on an event . “This is going to be great!” not “This will be really good for our career”. I don’t want that; I don’t want anyone who thinks about a career. It’s the music industry; it’s not meant to be a career!"

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/features ... rcade-Fire
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    Question for aussies - never been to Australia (have seen PJ in NZ) and thinking of hitting melbourne and sydney shows and from there have 2 options - either go to Adelaide for the show and check out that city or go anywhere else in Australia for like 3 nights with Cairns area being the front runner. Thanks!

Also - thought this was interesting:

Pearl Jam will follow Arcade Fire on the main stage and play for two hours. Blur will start on the new LOVE stage immediately after Pearl Jam. No crossover!

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    :shock: it's true? It's really really true? This is really actually happening? What's the deal with Auckland they're not yet confirmed to play there?
    Omg.... you guys.... I'm going to Australia.....
    I'm in complete & utter shock right now. Will be back in a bit.need time to process this.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Has anyone heard of any travel packages for this like they did in 2009?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    First things first . Jodie , THANK YOU for posting such a very helpful and all inclusive info page . Looks like 5 out of seven for me . Sydney thru Perth sounds just about right . Wish I could touch them all , but the dates are just a bit too spread out . The way this Lightning Bolt tour is working out so far , I think not even the Infernal Revenue Service is seeing as much of my $$ as Pearl Jam/Ten Club . My name is Ben and I am a Pearl Jam addict . I too am hoping for the option of 10C travel packages .
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    well if there moving around alot next year MAYBE just MAYBE they will pop here and do GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL just for me yyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...............i know i know i keep on about it BUT it may just happen :D